Chapter Twenty Two: Warrior's Return

Chapter Twenty Two: Warrior's Return

A Chapter by Kari

Look!  An inn!  Could we stay there tonight?”  Missy asked excitedly.

            “Sounds good to me,” said Torch.  “Mara?”  He asked.  “Stone?”

            “Yeah”, they said in unison, and looked at each other.  A slight blush tinged Mara’s cheeks, but Stone looked away first.

            “Okay Dad,” Mara said sarcastically.  “Go get us two rooms with meals and a bath.”  Mara tossed Torch a small bag filled with gold coins, and rare jewels.

            “Wow, that sounds soooo good!”  Stone said.

            “Yeah it does, huh?”  Missy replied

            As they entered the inn behind Torch, they saw a great room with a roaring fire.  Soft pelts and pillows beaconed them closer.  All three yearlings went straight for the pelts, while they snuggled next to the fire.  Torch paid for all that they asked for, the food would be served here by the fire.  Then baths and lastly soft beds upstairs.

            Torch listened to the yearling’s laughter, smiling to himself.  He missed his own yearlings desperately.

            “How much longer is the trek?”  Torch asked.

            “One-two days, if we hike with the army.  They are close enough we could fly ahead.  If we do fly ahead, it would be this time tomorrow.”

            “Let’s fly!”  Everyone said at once.

            “There you go Torch we’ll fly to the Lair first and then to the Castle from there, o.k. everyone?”  She asked.

            “Yep”, all around.

            The front door to the inn opened, and a four-legged dragon came in Torch noticed him

immediately, and with a shiver down his spine he recognized evil.

            “Don’t look that way, nobody make contact with the dragon.  Understand?”  Torch whispered to the group.

            “Yes.”  All three answered.

            “Missy, what did your birth father look like?”  Torch whispered again.

            “He was a four legged with lots of green, some yellow, purple and blue too.  Oh, and he was a Berzerker with a Cave Dwellers mouth, he was also venomous.”  She replied.  “Why is that him?”  She grew more alarmed.

            “Calm down, the innkeeper is no fool; he’s denying the dragon a room.  He offered to give him bedding for the barn, the dragon is taking it.  Okay wait for him to leave, then go to the rooms, and lock the doors.  Got it?”  Torch ordered.  Each yearling nodded.  “O.k.  he’s gone outside.  Go, Go!  Before he comes back!”  Torch hustled the yearlings into their rooms.

            With a long stretch, Torch went down the back stairs, and on to the barn to wait for Missy’s father.  He didn’t have to wait long.  The dragon came in with his pelts and a pillow.

            Torch silently came up behind the dragon.  With a sense of danger, the four legged dragon turned quickly around, dropping his bedding.  He was too slow; Torch was already lunging for him.  Moments later, he had the four-legged dragon pinned, and crying for mercy.

            “Why should I do that?  You have plagued my family for years now, and tonight, right now is your only chance to repent.”  Torch told him in a deep voice.

            “Repent?  I’ll show you how to repent.”  The dragon said.

            “Bad move dude that was your only chance.”  With a twist and a pop, Missy’s father would never harm anyone ever again.  Torch tossed the body onto the pelts, and left the barn.  No one had seen him enter or leave.  Good, no explanations needed.  Torch made his way upstairs to the yearlings.

            The past year had changed Torch, gone was the lazy simpleton image he portrait for his father.  Gone was the dragon trapped inside begging to be let out.  Torch had resculpted his body, and his mind.  Torch had learned to never allow anger, mistrust, fear and self doubt a piece of his mind.  They sucked the life right out of you, and Torch learned you only have one short life to begin with, why let those emotions control any of it?

            The new Torch was both physically and mentally grown up, he would protect his family, all branches of it, to the death if necessary.  He would play and laugh with them too.  He missed his own hatchlings as he came to the door and heard laughter inside, he didn’t want to interfere with their playtime.  They were yearlings only a few short months, and then the responsibility of life didn’t allow much time to play, and laugh. He made his way down stairs, and a short walk around.  Maybe he would go to the army campsite.

            “That’s very nice work in the barn, my friend.”  A voice came out of the darkness.  Torch almost jumped out of his skin, as he whirled around in a classic crouch, and kill position.

            “Nice move, there too, almost a Berzerker crouch and slash.  Where did you train?”  The male dragon asked as he moved into the light from the inn.

            Torch stood speechless, gaping at the Berzerker in front of him.  He’d actually complimented Torch, this feared, and revered Berzerker, had complimented him, Torch.

            He stood from the crouch and said.  “I went to school for a year at the Berzerker camp up north.  I learned what I could between beatings and starvation.  I’m sure you are aware of it.”  Torch added.

            “Yeah, actually I received a ‘look out for dangerous dragon’ message a month ago.  Seems some residents in their four star hotel, had eliminated a five dragon crew, and escaped.  Did I mention he broke through, not only his leg shackles, but went through their steel bars, like they were butter?”  The male dragon asked.

            “Hmm, what are you going to do with him when you find him?”  Torch asked uneasy.

            “I guess that depends on who he is.”  The dragon said slowly and quietly.

            “So, you  got me, all I ask is the yearlings that I am escorting remain protected, until they reach their destination.  Oh the youngest is mine, see that he receives all he needs from my portion of the Clan Treasure, and all of my personal effects at the Lair.”  Torch finish with a sigh.

            “I’m not a babysitter”, the male dragon gritted thru his teeth.

            “Doesn’t matter, I claim “Tor‘dan.”  Torch said with a grin.  The male dragon didn’t recognize Torch, and claiming ‘Tor’dan’, it was perfect!

            “It won’t work, there are no witnesses, and I could kill you now, and walk away.”  The dragon growled at Torch.  He seemed to be getting a little steamed at this point.

            “If I took out five Berzerkers at once, what makes you so sure I couldn’t take just lonely old you?”  Torch poked at him.

            “You are pushing it, dragon.”  The male replied.

            “Yeah, I guess I am, but it’s one of the few things I do well, and besides its kinda fun, with dragons like you.”  Torch added with a grin (.....creepy......yuck).

            The door behind Torch opened, and full light spilled out behind Torch, leaving his face in darkness, but completely surrounding the male dragon in its glow.

            “Wow, there’s a sight you don’t see very often.”  Stone said, joining Torch, and facing the unknown male dragon.

            “What’s that, Son?”  Stone picked up on the name, right off the bat.

            “A blue butterfly on steroids!”  Stone said, deadpan.

            Torch couldn’t take it, he’d been wanting to say that for a hundred years or more, and out comes Stone, and it’s the first thing out of his mouth.  By the Gods, he liked this kid a lot.  Torch tried to hold it in, but he made the mistake of looking at Ryan, and lost it, roaring with laughter, Torch and Stone let it out.

            “Enough!”  Ryan said trembling with anger.  “Do you have any idea who I am?”  Ryan demanded an answer.

            “Um, let’s see, you want the one about being the head of the Castle Guard with a stick up your butt?  How about the one where you’re Sabers father, no, no, I know.....how about the one where you’ve been boinking the Queen, for a few hundred years?  Or”, Torch got serious, “how about the one where you’re that piece of dung’s father, in there”, he motioned to the barn, “and I took care of him, so that you wouldn’t have to.”  Torch finished.

            “Who are you?”  Ryan had completely ran out of steam.  He plopped down on the inns porch, and stared at the dragon in front of him.  Torch turned, and unfurled his wings, the hard outer shell cracked opened, and beautiful red wings were revealed.

            “Torch?”  Ryan asked in disbelief.  “By the Gods, is it really you?”

            “Yeah, it’s me, just a different me.”  Torch said quietly.

            “Everything cool now?  I’m gonna let you two hug and stuff, so I’ll be inside if you need me again.”  Stone walked away cocky.

            Torch shook his head, Stone was going to be a blast of fresh air for Torch, and he couldn’t be more happy.

            “Where have you been?  Oh wait, a year in a Berzerker prison, with beatings starvation and cold.  A year?  And the warrant for your arrest?  Did you really do that?  Five Berzerkers at once?  The bars were twisted, and spread open.  All you?  Alone?”  Ryan was stunned.

            “Well as flattering as your disbelief is.....yeah it was me.”  Torch said.  “Are you gonna arrest me, and send me back to certain death?”  Torch asked.  “If it makes any difference, they really had it coming.”  He added, with a smirk.

            “You are really not making this easy, are you?”  Ryan replied.  “My first and foremost loyalty is to the Crown.  Clan Saber is a close second, and the Berzerkers?  They haven’t had my loyalty in five hundred years.  I don’t see that changing anytime soon.“  Ryan said.

            “So have you committed any crimes against the Crown?  Clan?  No, neither one, in fact you have done a great service for both, and a personal one for me.”  He added quietly.  “I am forever in your debt Torch”, he said sincerely.

            “I didn’t do it for you Ryan, I did it for those two little beauties upstairs.  Besides, Cord really had it coming.”  Torch replied.

            “Two beauties?”  Ryan asked.

            “Mara and Missy.”  Torch informed him.

            “By the Gods!  You’ve found them?”  Ryan was excited.

            “Where are they?  Their mother will be okay now!  The girls are back!”  Ryan shouted with happiness.  “Oh Torch, so much has happened since you’ve been gone, I can’t begin to tell you all of it.  Some of it isn’t my place to tell, so I can’t, but you and the yearlings are home now, things will improve now. “ Ryan said.  “Can I see them?”  He asked.

            “Come on up, I will introduce you to the little warriors.”  Torch said.

            “Warriors?”  Ryan asked.

            “Yeah, even with their own army.”  Torch told him shaking his head.  “They are camped in a clearing, just beyond the tree line.  I’m surprised you made it through them, they circle the entire Inn, keeping watch over their leaders.”

            “Oh them?  Yeah I crossed their line, and was held up for a while, but when I told them I was after Cord, they let me pass eagerly.  I take it they are aware of Cord’s relationship to the yearlings.”  Stated Ryan.

            “Yes, fully aware.  He’ll be no one’s nightmare ever again.  I am sorry for your loss, Ryan.  I offered him to repent, and he laughed it off with some smart a*s remark.  It had to be done Ryan.  I never want Glenna or the yearlings to ever be harmed by him again.  I would have allowed him a trial for his crimes, but he pushed it, and now he is dead, I am not sorry.

            “You’ve changed Torch, inside as well as outside.”  Ryan noted.

            As they reached the doorway to the girl’s room, giggles were heard thru the door.

            “Go ahead, knock”, Torch encouraged Ryan.  He did so, then held his breath, hoping they would remember him.

            “Come in!”  Mara called.

            Ryan stepped in, and his air all gushed out in surprise.  Mara was all grown up, she matched her mother in size.  Ryan looked around the room, and seen a bit of pink tail coming from under the bed.

            “Ryan?  Really?  Ryan?  Oh please say your Ryan”, Mara said almost crying.

            The pink tail disappeared as Missy came out from under the bed.

            “Oh, wow, Mara, we really are close to home, it’s Ryan!”  Missy ran to him, and jumped into his arms.  She had grown so much, the little bitty miniature dragon was replaced by a larger, hatchling size.  She was still tiny, but now she fit a lap, or filled his arms, rather than fitting in his palms.

            “Hi there to you too, Missy.”  Ryan smiled at her.  Mara was still staring with silent tears running down her face.

            “Oh, come here baby, it’s really me.”  Ryan held open his other arm.  Mara jumped from the bed to his arms in one leap, almost knocking him down.  He let the girls cry for a bit, then set them back on the bed.

            “So sweethearts, who wants to go home?”

            “We all do, and will fly home tomorrow.”  Mara said.

            “Why tomorrow?  Why not right now? It’s just barely dark, and that lets plenty of catching up time, at the Lair, you could even go to the Castle.”  Ryan suggested.

            “It’s a whole days flight, Ryan”, Mara said.

            “Umm, no Mara, it’s only twenty to thirty minutes, sweetie.  You are just barely out of site of the Lair and Castle.”  Ryan exclaimed.

            “No way!  Really?”  Mara exclaimed.  She looked around the room, and saw all of the excitement on their faces.

            “Let’s go”, they all said in unison.

            “Let’s go, Ryan, to the Lair first, then the Castle.”

            “Uhh, Ryan could I talk to you a sec?”  Torch asked.

            “Sure, what’s the matter?”  He said.

            “Shouldn’t we let the girls know that their mother has passed to Hal’lu’ah?”  Torch asked worriedly.

            “Glenna is not dead.”  Ryan said, wondering what Torch meant.

            “Wait, I heard the screams, and Leona telling Saber she was dying.  Then nothing, no follow up about her being o.k..”

            “You heard the screams?  In Berzerker Territory?  Wow, Leona is really powerful.  Anyways, Glenna is not dead, she is gravely ill, and in a coma.  And yes we should let the girls know, thank you for suggesting it.”  Ryan finished.

            Torch and Ryan came back in the room.  The yearlings were still excited.

            “Hey, everyone over here by the fire,” Torch told them.  Stone, Mara and Missy all sat in the large chair, leaving another for Torch.

            “What’s up?”  Stone asked.

            “Um, girls, when you were taken, your mother was bitten by Cord.”  Torch said.

            “No!”  Missy screamed, she knew exactly what that meant, and she grabbed hold of Mara, weeping.  Mara and Stone look confused.

            “Missy, she’s not dead.”  Torch said quickly.

            “Missy, do you hear me?  Glenna is alive.”  Torch tried to reach her.

            “How is that possible?”  Missy asked through her tears.

            “Because of you my darling, you left part of an antidote, before you were laid.  It was a small bit, but it helped.

            “Umm, girls, she also had to sacrifice.”  Ryan butted in.  Torch listened, with the rest of his small group.

            “Ryoch had to do the hardest thing, he has ever done.  Your father had to amputate your mothers arm.  Glenna is now a three legged dragon, and a one armed human.  She has healed from that, and was doing quite well, until a setback a month ago.  She was told you two were dead, she fell back into a deep sleep, and has not revived.”  Ryan finished, not looking at Torch.

            The girls stared in shock at Ryan.  “Is she going to live?”  Mara finally asked.

            “She has pulled through before, and she is a strong female.  We are all hoping the best, and that’s you!”  Ryan said.

            “Ryan, is it?”  Stone said.  “Now tell us the rest of it, the part that turns you away from my dad.”  Stone said in a hard voice.

            Ryan hung his head, and a tear slipped through.  Torch saw it, and his own tears came silently.

            “Both?”  Torch asked with pain in his voice.

            “Oh, by the Gods, if I could turn back time... I’d have been there, I would have stopped it.  I am so very sorry Torch.”  Ryan said , his heart breaking for Torch.

            The three hatchlings finally caught what was being said, and all three cried out at once.

            “No!  This isn’t fair!”  Yelled Stone.  “He’s a good father, he thought about them every day, longing for his hatchlings, and home.”

            Mara stepped toward Torch, and wrapped her arms around him.  Missy came next, and curled onto his lap.  Stone got closer and looked into Torch’s eyes.

            “I am honored to call you Father, and blessed when you call me ‘Son’,” Stone said.  “I pray to the Gods, it will always be so.”

            “What happened?”  Torch asked of Ryan.   

            “Please Torch, it isn’t for me to say.  Saber will tell all, as Clan Leader, and as your cousin.”  Ryan wouldn’t budge.

            “Let’s fly guys”, Torch said.  “Home is calling to all of us.”

           

            Leona, do you feel that?”  Bella asked out loud, knowing Leona would pick it up.

            “Yeah, something coming, I don’t feel malice, but we should check it out anyways.  Come down, and we can do it from the Lair.”  Leona urged her.

            “O.K., round everyone up, I’ll tell Dad.”  Bella said.

            “There’s a what?”  Saber asked.

            “A big bubble coming, and another bigger one a few miles past the first one.  Oh, and the first one is sky bound, they’re flying.”  Leona told her father and the group.

            “So it is a dragon with magic, could it be Alred?”  Ryoch asked.  “He still hasn’t returned.”

            “No, wrong signature, every magic has its owners signature, like a scent.  This one is new, brand new.  I’ve never felt it before, but the signature is similar to another I know.”  Leona said.

            “Similar how?  What do you mean?”  Saber asked.  “Spill it, Leona.”

            “OK,  ok, I just didn’t want to cause hope, when there may be none at all”, Leona explained.  “It kinda feels like when Mara is blocking magic, but this time someone is blocking with a magical bubble, it’s hard to explain Dad.”  Leona finished.

            “Mara, it feels like her?”  Ryoch asked, trying not to get anxious.

            “A little bit Ryoch, there is a very large mark on the bubbles that has nothing to do with Mara.  In fact I believe this, much older magic is causing the bubbles, and that maybe Mara is helping just a little.”  Leona answered.

            “Okay, does it mean to harm  us, or Mara?”  Saber asked.

            “No malice of any kind surrounding it.”  Leona said.  “We could have Link check it out.”

            “No problem, just give me room.”  Link said.

            “Wait a minute”, Saber said.  “Don’t get too close, o.k.?”  Saber asked worried.

            “It’s alright Dad, this one’s easy.”  Link said with a swagger, then slumped out cold.

            Halfway to the bubble, Link heard their voices, it was several dragons in it, and none of them seemed a threat.  Suddenly a huge wave of sadness hit him, it sank deep into him, and he couldn’t get away from it.

            “Leona help me.”  Link cried.  Just as quickly as it came it was gone.

            Link went a little further to inspect the second bubble, it was enormous!  No voices this time, but the rhythmic stomping never bated in his chest.  ‘An Army’, he thought, and immediately returned to his body.

            “The first bubble”, Link said as he entered his body.  “Is the source of both bubbles.  The first holds several dragons, some talking like school children on a field trip.  At the rear of the first bubble is where the sadness hit me.  It almost knocked me from the sky, it was so very deep and strong.  The second bubble is unbelievably large, I believe it holds and cloaks an army.  And yes, both bubbles are heading this way.  The first will be here in a few minutes.  The second one?  Maybe tomorrow.”  Link finished.

            “Well we better get a welcoming committee together, Leona get everyone up here in the Great Hall.”  Saber said.

            With in two minutes, Cherna, Darna and Dana all rushed in.

            “What’s going on Saber?”  Cherna asked.

            “We don’t really know dear, but we are receiving guests any minute, and I wanted everyone here.”  Saber replied.

            As the Clan Saber watched, a bright orb floated out of the forest, and made its way across the valley.  As it bounced and swayed, it reminded Saber of the ball his children used to play with.

            Saber backed up off of the large flat stones, at the entrance to the lair.  The bubble hovered over the shelf, easing down to it, when it sat at the opening, the bubble started to fade away, in a cloud of sparkles.

            “Hi, sorry about the theatrics, it wasn’t my fault.”  Ryan said, brushing glitter off of his shoulders, in disgust.

            “Oh come on Butterfly it fits you perfectly!”  A small version of Alred said.

            “Keep it up kid, and you will regret it.”  Ryan warned him.

            “Anyways-----I have brought visitors, as you can see,” Ryan said softly.  He mentioned to the small Alred looking male.  “And I also found these”, He said stepping away.

            A blur of green, purple and pink crossed Sabers vision.  Like a humming bird, but faster. The blur held his attention, as it went into the Great Hall.  Suddenly a small nudge brought him back to Ryan.  Saber looked down at what nudged him, and his mouth fell open.

            “Mara?  It’s really you!  You have grown so much!  Oh Mara.”  Saber said, as he scooped her up like a hatchling .

            “You are fully grown, and beautiful.  Is that Missy buzzing around everywhere?” 

Saber asked.

            “Yeah, she’s just excited, she will buzz herself out in a second, and then she can get hugs.”  Mara said.

            “Go on in the hall Mara, I am sure the rest of the Clan waits for you.”  Saber urged.

            “So Cuz, how you been?  Who me?  Yeah I’m fine, childless, but fine.”  Torch said with plenty of sarcastic agony in his voice.

            Saber knew that voice, the tone was different, but the voice......  He turned away from the Great Hall, and looked into the eyes of despair.

            “Oh Torch, I am so very sorry.”  Saber said to a virtual stranger.

            “Father, he doesn’t know about Lea.....please be sensitive when you tell him.”  Leona said to Saber.

            Saber opened his arms, and took the stranger in a hug.  It didn’t matter in the least, that they were two males embracing.  They were family and fathers, and this was a moment of loss and grief.  Torch sobbed quietly on Sabers shoulder, then when he could, Torch stepped away.  Both males nodded at each other, with unspoken understanding.

            Leona, Link, Ryoch and Bella all came to the entryway.  Bella, always the out spoken one, said, “Wow!  Have you changed!  You’re hot!”  Everyone looked at her in shock.

“Well he is, just look at him, all long lean muscle, and the face of a God.” Bella described.

            “He is kind of pretty, huh Saber.”  Ryoch teased.

            “Yeah just a little.”  Saber agreed.  “So how did this transformation happen?”

            Torch smiled in spite of his pain.  This is what he missed, being part of a family.

            “I got bored one day, and decided to do a push up.  One year later and here I am.”  Torch said, his old humor back.

            “Wow that’s some story.”  Ryoch said sarcastically.  “You really should write it down, and get it published.  “What to do when you are bored.  It’s fascinating, really.”

            Torch looked at him, and said in Ryan’s words, “You are really pushing it pup, that will do for now.”

            “Everyone, I would like for you to meet my son.  I adopted him sometime in the last year, he’s the one that kept me alive.  His name is Stone.”

            Out from behind Ryan stepped a beautiful male yearling.  He was a deep blue color with silver wings, and a flair like Ryan’s.  Bella’s mouth fell open, and it was love at first sight.

            “Don’t even think about it Sis, he’s all mine.”  Mara said.

            Bella and the group spun around to see Mara, standing in the doorway.

            “Mara!!!  You are home!  Oh praise the gods, you’re home!”  Bella said with love and surprise.

            Link and Leona said in unison,  “Yes!  You are back!”

            Ryoch stood very still not believing what he was seeing.  His Mara, right here, right now.  He started to move, when a colorful blur slammed his chest.  He immediately caught it, holding it away from him.  The blur buzzed in his arms, and slowly became Ryoch’s little Missy.

            “Oh Daddy your here!  We’re gonna surprise you at home.  And Bella!  Bella, I am home, and I am big!”  Missy squealed.

            Mara stepped closer, trying to hold back the tears.  Finally, she ran into Ryoch’s arms, and held him so close, he couldn’t get away if he tried.

            “Thank you Torch, you have no idea how much I thank you.”  Ryoch said, losing the battle with tears.  Ryoch bent down so both girls had room in his lap.  Bella came over, and then all four were crying.

            “Umm, that’s not all Ryoch.”  Ryan said firmly.  Ryoch looked up confused.

            “Remember that problem we had?”  Ryan said quietly.  “Yes, well it was already done when I got there.  Torch had taken care of it before I even reached the inn.”

            Saber, Ryoch and the yearlings all looked at Torch in shock.  The old Torch would have never done that, he would have crawled away with a headache or something.  To take out an enemy of the clan, and family not to mention the Crown.....it was just too hard to imagine.  The group looked Torch up and down, really looked for the first time.  What they saw surprised them all.  Torch was all long lean muscles, not a drop of fat.  He had a few new accents on his body, but that happened as you aged, his tail was long with slave tattoos, all down its length.  He had been a slave?  They wondered.  He looked like Ragnor in his youth, without the Cave Dwellers mouth, Torch had become a warrior.

            “You done yet?”  Torch asked the family in a huff.

            “Uh, sorry Torch, it’s just amazing what you have done for us, and was trying to see how, and why these changes happened to you.”  Bella explained.

            “Well, what did that long stare from everyone tell you?”  He asked embarrassed.

            “You are a warrior dragon now, and it’s never been achieved by any dragon to change their class. You went from a Beta to an Alpha, with five, no six kills on your record.  None of which are considered prosecutable by the Crown.”  Bella said, with awe in her voice.

            “You are, and will always be a hero to your Clan, for all time.”  Saber said.

            The females in the great hall wondered what the meeting was about in the entryway.  Dana wanted to hold her grandbabies again.  As they entered, Saber said for everyone to head for the Great Hall, so everyone would fit better.  Just as Darna turned to walk, back where she came from, strong arms scooped her up, and twirled her around in the air.  Darna squealed, and grabbed around the neck of the dragon holding her.  Everyone laughed, and clapped as Darna went round and round.  Finally, it stopped, but Darna couldn’t stand for the dizziness.  She held on tight, as she was lowered to the floor, with wobbly legs.  Darna looked at the big dragon that held her.

            “Torch?  Oh my baby, you are finally home!  Oh my, just look at you!  You’re the same image as your father, when I first met him a thousand years ago.”  Darna gushed.  “My Torch is home!”  Darna would not let go, as she let it soak in, Torch was home.  Dana came over, and the two sisters almost knocked him over in their enthusiasm. 

            “Okay, let me in!”  Cherna said loudly.

            Cherna towered over Torch still, and she looked down on him with a smile.

            “Nice way to Sar’dan.”  Cherna said.

            “Yeah, I had nothing better to do.”  Torch played with Cherna.

            “You’re still a small fry to me, but I’m told you have turned into a real hotty by the girls.  All I see is a pretty-boy with muscles.”  Cherna teased.

            “Well then I reached my goal.”  Torch said sarcastically.

            They smiled at each other, and hugged.  Torch heard his spine pop, yep same ole Cherna he thought.

            Ryoch wanted to go to the Castle.  Maybe with her girls home, Glenna would snap out of it, and recover.

            “Can Stone come too?  He’s never seen a Castle before.”  Mara asked.

            “Torch?  You wanna come too?  Glenna will want to see you too.”  Ryoch added.

            “Sure, lead on girls, we’re off to see the Castle.”  Torch said.

            In the sick room, Glenna moaned, and tossed in her bed.  Her arm hurt, and she could not stop the pain.  The black poison was reaching out to her, and she cried out in her sleep.  “Stop the poison, save me.”  She mumbled.  It was Torch that saved her, and she didn’t know why or how.  The poison was just gone.  Glenna heard them coming, and tried to open her eyes.  It would not work, she laid in the bed trying to communicate, but her body just would not let her.

            As Ryoch and the others came through the doorway, Glenna’s eyes finally opened.

            “Oh darling, look who I have-----”, a loud thunk hit the floor.

            Stone had hit the floor on his knees, his eyes rolled back into his head, and his body started to shake.  Torch reached out to him, and Bella stopped him.

            “Its o.k. Torch, I’ve seen this before.”  Bella said softly.

            Glenna started to rise, her covers fell away.  She did not make a sound, but her eyes never left the young male on the floor.  Slowly she turned in a circle, and then hovered above the bed.

            “What is going on Torch?  Stop that kid, this isn’t funny!”  Ryoch yelled out.

            “No Father, don’t, just look.”  Bella said with amazement.

            Glenna was in her human form, since it was night outside.  Her lovely hair matted by neglect, slowly became soft, and beautiful again.  Her skin once sickly, and pale, began to glow with life again.  Glenna’s eyes glowed with energy again, her body filled out, where there were skin and bones, now a slender but curvy female emerged.

            Stone rocked on the floor, and with one loud cry, he fell to the floor in a faint.  Torch immediately picked him up, and cradled him in his arms.  Torch looked up, and gasped, everyone had been looking at Stone.

            “Look at Glenna!”  Torch yelled.

            Glenna was awake, alert and happy.  What had Ryoch and Torch  not believing their eyes,   was Glenna completely healed, and holding her three girls, with both arms.

            “By the Gods, how is this possible?”  Ryoch asked.



© 2013 Kari


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

212 Views
Added on October 26, 2013
Last Updated on October 26, 2013
Tags: Dragons, Magic, Drama, Evil, Castle, Love, Fantasy


Author

Kari
Kari

Yerington, NV



About
I am a full time wife and mother of 4 and 3 step children. I am also the proud grandmother of 6 beautiful kids. I didn't come by writing in the normal way. I tinkered with writing as a young adult, .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kari