Chapter Seventeen: Kidnapped!

Chapter Seventeen: Kidnapped!

A Chapter by Kari

AAAAHHHH!!”   A blood curdling scream was heard by every dragon in the Realm.  “Stop!”  Worker class, warrior class, servant class and Royal Class all dropped what they were doing, as commanded.  All dragons everywhere stood at attention waiting further orders.  All but one, the command did not affect a father.

            “What is it Leona?” Saber asked quietly, knowing that it was horrible, and he needed to help.

            “Glenna is dying, Father, it’s poison, and she has only minutes to live.”  These questions were asked, and answered telepathically, as Saber was already running at top speed, through the valley from the forest.

            “I want every Clan member here, now.”   Saber said in a growl.  “We will stop the poison, Leona.”  He promised.

            “Father, Bella says she will live if we, she, sacrifices.  Bella has seen her growing old with Ryoch.  That image has not changed.”  Leona says.

            As Saber hits the bridge over the moat, his mate Cherna, also running at top speed scoops him up like a sack of potatoes.  They arrive right after Ryoch.

            “Cut the bite Ryoch, squeeze her arm Cherna, squeeze to the bone.  Don’t let any blood flow carry the poison.”  Saber jumps in right on time.  “Start sucking Ryoch, suck the poison through the cut, and make sure you spit out every mouth full.”

            “Daddy the girls,.....”  Leona was cut off by Saber.

            “We are all here, or going to be soon, don’t worry darling.”  Saber said.

            Ryoch was busy sucking, and didn’t notice how the poison was affecting Glenna’s arm.  It was turning black, dead.  Glenna was barely breathing.  “Stop my love, you’ve got it, all that you can.”  Glenna whispered.  That’s when Ryoch saw a thin ribbon of black moving up and thru Cherna’s blood lock.  The black rotted flesh, not traveling through blood, but rather flesh instead.

            Every member possible, of Clan Saber arrived, just as Glenna looked at Ryoch with so much agony.  Ryoch could not help but do the unthinkable. Ryoch snatched the Royal Staff from Bella’s hand, swung it fast and furiously, arching through the air, just before it thunked loudly, and effectively.  Everyone in the Clan stared at Ryoch with shock on their faces, and back to Glenna with sympathy.  She had passed out, but from the poison or Ryoch, no one could tell.  Bella had been right, Glenna would live with a huge sacrifice.  Ryoch held his knife to the flamed scone on the wall, and seared Glenna’s flesh closed.  It was in no way a healers touch. Glenna was saved by a violent war type healing.  She was now a three-legged dragon, as a human a one armed female.  Ryoch kicked the black arm into the closest fire in the Thrown Room.  Glenna should come around soon, and would be in severe pain for several weeks.  A healer could be called and would help keep her pain level down.  Ryoch hoped Glenna would understand that the action he took was the only way to stop it.  Saber knew.  He had seen this poison on the battlefields, and knew his son had done what was needed when faced with losing his mate.

 

            Cherna carried Glenna to her room, and stood watch until Ryoch entered.  He almost smiled at her, knowing Glenna would be safe for the rest of her life, as long as Cherna stood guard.  Ryoch went to hold Glenna’s only hand, the love pouring into her, hopefully healing her.  He knew Leona had her wrapped in a warm comfortable state, and there was nothing Ryoch could do to help.  So he sat, holding her hand, and loved.

            “Father, he was not here for Glenna, she just tried to stop him.  He came for the girl’s father, they are all gone.  Missy, Mara, and their nanny Sira.”  Leona tells Saber.

            “Oh by the Gods, no not again.”  Saber was racked with grief for his son.  “When Leona?”  Saber asked.

            “While Glenna was being saved, before the rest of the Clan arrived.”  She replied.

            “Who Leona?”  Saber asked again.

            “It was him Father, the dragon that attacked Glenna before.....Missy’s father.”  She told him.

            “O.K. let’s get organized and.....wait, why can’t you tell me where they are, why can’t I follow your lead?”  Saber asked, confused.

            “Mara’s magic is blocking me, she is very powerful, but not instructed, so she just blocks everything.”  Leona explained.

            “O.K. Leona, let’s get busy.  It will be dawn soon, and Glenna will want answers, and her hatchlings around her.”  Saber stated.

            As Saber and Leona moved towards the Thrown Room, a page stepped out and caught their attention.

            “Milord you have guests in the Thrown Room.  If you like I can disperse them, and the ones in the courtyard as well.”  He said.

            “Guests?  No, I will take care of it, thank you.”  Saber replied.  Disperse?  Why disperse guests?  It’s a bad time right now, but this is the Castle, and people keep odd hours here.  Saber said talking to himself.

            “Uh, Father, uh, before we go in, um I really should tell you------”  Leona let it go as Saber went through the doorway, and stopped dead in his tracks.

            “Leona?  Care to explain this?”  He asked her quietly.

            “You said every Clan member, here now.”  Leona replied.

            “Uh yeah I did“, he said slowly, ”But what is all this?”

            “This is every member of Clan Saber, there are more in the courtyard, because they did not all fit in here.”  Leona went on

            “Clan Saber?”  That’s when he noticed the flags, huge flags towering on pikes being held by various dragons, in the room.  It was hard to tell exactly who was holding them, due to the insane amount of dragons in the room.  The flags were purple and green double S’es, and a field of bright blue.  His clan symbol, his colors, his people.

            There was Max and Cherna’s whole crew, Lea’s army, but not Lea.  Clan leaders and dignitaries rubbed elbows, with chambermaids and pot washers.  Mercenaries and ladies-in-waiting standing side by side completely filling the Thrown Room.

            Saber felt the air from the hallway, and knew someone was behind him.                

            “Need some help?”  Ryan asked

            “Uh, yeah,  I think I do, thanks.”  Saber replied.

            “You take the armies and soldiers, and organize search parties for out buildings and Castle grounds.  Check at the gates for any dragons leaving, then do a lock down, no one in and no one out.”   Saber told Ryan.  “The females can search the Castle, and the rest of the males can come with me, and we will search the forests.  Leona can you get Bella for me?”  Saber finished off.

            “Sure Daddy, be right back.”  She said as she left.

            “Thanks Ryan-------who knew having hatchlings would take so much effort?”  Saber asked.

            “Yeah it’s hard, but once they are grown, they will give such pride and friendship,” Ryan smiled to himself.

            Bella returned with Alred in time.  “Whoa----what’s up?”  Bella asked, taking in the few hundred dragons in her Thrown Room.  They were already beginning to give directions and orders, so they trickled out a few at a time.

            “Are these dragons here for me?”  Bella asked

            “No Bella, I guess your staff just didn’t know where else to put them.”  Saber explained.

            “Bella I need your sight, and I don’t want any tears or worries clouding it.”  Saber requested.

            “O.K. now I am nervous-----tell me all of it, and then I will look.”  She bargained with Saber.

            “Your sisters along with their nanny were kidnapped, during you mothers ordeal.  It was Missy’s birth father, and it seems he was never here for your mother at all, she just tried to stop him.  He has stole them away, to where we don’t know.  Mara’s magic is preventing Leona access to her mind, but maybe you could help.”  Saber suggests.

            “This has been a really horrible day, and now this.  Yes, of course I will help all I can...               but I only see the future, I can’t help in the ‘right now.’”  Bella explained.

 

            “Maybe I could help, as well,” Alred suggests.  “I can search the way Leona does, just not with such clarity.”

            The two dragons faced each other and concentrated.  Bella’s eyes rolled back in her head, and she started to faint.  Ryan caught her and held her until she came around.  Alred stood firm and opened his mind, searching for Missy’s father.

            “They are on a trail, Mara is chained, but Missy is not.  He is using Missy’s love for her sister to keep her with them.  Missy won’t escape without Mara.  Their nanny Sira is not with them.”  Alred said.

            “Sira is in the village, father, I can read her, she is packing a bag with clothes, and......she was in on it!  She helped him get away!  She gave him the girls!”  Leona was practically yelling by the time she finished.

            “I am all over it, Saber,” Ryan said as he left, calling to his guards.

            “They are in a forest, moving north quickly.”  Alred said.

            “But he’s going to double back, this North trek is just to throw off the scent,” Bella said, slowly.  “He is going to sell them in a War Zone Auction.  There is nothing we can do to stop it, I have seen them come home Saber.  They come home in victory, celebrated like heroes.”  Bella finished.  She was wiped out, and sagged against Saber.

            Saber called one of the Guards over, and had him help Bella to her quarters.

            “She is not used to this, Father, her magic could be strong one day, but for now I think she has done all she can.”

            “Thank you sweetie, keep on the lookout for when he may double back.  Maybe we can catch him then.”  Saber encouraged Leona.

            “Alred can we stop him or catch him?  Are the girls harmed?  Do you know anything more?”  Saber asked.

            “The future is ever changing, so please don’t count on catching him when he doubles back.  What I know is, he is a four-legged multi-colored dragon.  He’s a half-breed Cave Dweller and Berserker.  He travels alone mostly, and is willing to do anything at the right price.  This is not a job for him, this is personal.  He is doing all of this because he has a terrible hatred for the Royal Family, and you especially Saber.  He hasn’t made a single move without planning for it, and planning what you would do also.”  Alred said.

            “Can you do anything to stop him?”  Saber asked.

            “I could conjure a storm, create a wall with no gate in front of him, turn him into a toad, make him violently sick, animate the forest to stop him, hit him with lightning, conjure his greatest fear, make him come back, and bring the girls with him------do you want a different selection?  The problem with some of those suggestions will also be fall the girls, but the biggest problem, and safest for the girls is Mara’s magic.  You see she has increased the safety bubble around her and Missy, it is amazingly strong, but of course that is the only magic she is using right now.  To make a long story short, no there's nothing I can do, magically TO him, because he too is inside Mara’s bubble.  She cannot control it good enough yet, but it is blocking all magic.”  Alred finished.    

            “Thank you Alred.”  Saber said dryly.  “Well so much for that, we will stick to the plan, and fan out more than three hundred dragons in the forest, waiting for him to try to sneak through.  We will catch him the old fashioned way,” Saber said.

            Just then, Ryan entered with a few guard’s men holding Sira in a tight circle.  Her hands were bound, and her head hanging low.  Saber growled deep in his chest, Alred poked him to make him stop.  Saber nodded his head, and stood to his full height, towering over the maid. 

            “Tell me Sire, why did you do it?”

            “If there were only me, with Glenna gone and the yearlings, Ryoch would turn to me.  I have loved him for years, and he barely says hello to me anymore.  Like I am a piece of furniture.”  Sira told, through her tears.  “I would be good for Ryoch, no more magic, and all the problems that come with it.  Just Ryoch, and me, together.”  Sira rambled on.

            “Enough!”  Saber spoke loudly.  You will await trial, and sentencing in the dungeon, until the Seasons return, and you will face your crimes.”  Saber shook with anger.

            Sira was quickly moved away, and on to the dungeon, before Saber changed his mind, and executed her right now.

            “Leona?”  Saber asked, “I did not ask Bella, but.....will we catch him?  Will we ever see them again?”

            “We will see them again Father, Bella has seen their return.  But no, Father, the search will be futile.  They won’t be harmed or separated, and they will find their way back, Father.”  Leona added.

            “What do I tell Ryoch?  Glenna?”  Saber asked.

            “Well you do not have to tell me, I already know, and thank you Father, Sis, for everything.  The searchers three hundred strong!  Boy Dad, when you do a search and rescue you really do it right.”  Ryoch almost smiled.

            Saber nodded, “How is she?”

            “She’s weak, but I stopped the poison, she hasn’t waked far enough to talk or for her to notice her arm is missing.  I am just going to let her sleep as much as she needs too. Besides the pain elixir the healer left for her will make her sleep, also.  It’s the best thing for her right now.”  Ryoch replied.

            “You did exactly the right thing Son, you do know that.  The rest of the Clan hasn’t seen the horrors of war the way you and I have.  They may judge you, but do not ever let doubt cloud your mind.  You did what you had to do to save your life-mate.”  Saber spoke softly to Ryoch.

            “Thank you Dad.”  Ryoch walked away, his heart heavy with the whole day’s events.  His mate was on the brink of death, and he had to chop off her arm to try and save her.  His two youngest daughters are in the hands of a monster, and he did not know what to do.  He stopped at one of the view stations on the Great Wall. Guards men gave him plenty of space, yet were close enough to him if needed.  Ryoch raised a fist, and slammed the brick wall, crumbling it like a sandcastle.

            ‘So far’ he thought, Bells has been right!  A great sacrifice is right, losing her arm was so extreme, and yet it was a sacrifice so that means Glenna would pull through.  He did not understand Bella’s next prediction. The girls return in celebration, as hero’s or something.  Since they returned this way, does that mean the whole search is for nothing?  Should he just trust Bella, and give up the search?  That’s insane he can’t just stop looking, and hoping these are his babies they were talking about.  Alred had agreed with Bella, well he was still going to look every chance he gets away from Glenna.  He will personally do flyovers, searching for any sign of them.  The others may call it quits after a day or so, but he never will.  They are not just his babies, they are Glenna’s too, and Glenna needs her yearlings around her to help heal.

            Ryoch was exhausted as he turned away, and started for the family’s quarters.  He would hold Glenna softly, listen to her breathing, and fall asleep dreaming of his family.


© 2013 Kari


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on October 26, 2013
Last Updated on October 26, 2013
Tags: Dragons, Magic, Drama, Evil, Castle, Love, Fantasy


Author

Kari
Kari

Yerington, NV



About
I am a full time wife and mother of 4 and 3 step children. I am also the proud grandmother of 6 beautiful kids. I didn't come by writing in the normal way. I tinkered with writing as a young adult, .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kari