Eplouge: Cherna's Surprise

Eplouge: Cherna's Surprise

A Chapter by Kari

Wow, the lair is so quiet.”  Saber said.  “I didn’t expect this.”

            “Yea, I know.  I tried to think of all the ways I would miss them and then I wrote ways to get over my missing them”  Cherna said.  “But the quiet, I forgot that one.”

            “Remember when it was just you and me?  Before the hatchlings?”  Saber asked Cherna.

            “That’s nice, I like remembering those days.  My crew was finishing up on the bridge and every evening after I left the job site, you would have things ready for when I got home.  A hot bath, candles, a great dinner, and you.”  Cherna smiled at Saber.

            “We could have those things, just like those times, again.”  Saber offered.

            “Yes we could.”  Cherna agreed.

            “When was the first time you thought of yourself as a parent instead of just being you?”  Cherna asked.

            “With that first look at that enormous egg.  From that day, forward, I was a father, not just a dragon.”  Saber told her.

            “It was the same way for me too.”  Cherna said.

            “How do you think about it ,now?”  She asked him.

            “I’m still a father, but it’s not the same.  It’s different because our hatchlings are grown now and doing the things they need to do, without my help..”  Saber thought about it.

            “I know I’ll always be a mother, and I believe that’s what I was meant to be, not a construction worker.”  Cherna said.

            “Yes you were meant for me, and together we created a miracle.  You are a wonderful mother, Cherna.  And I would be head over heels, happy to create lots and lots of hatchlings with you.”  Saber said with love in his voice.

            “I’m so glad you feel that way.”  Cherna said as they came to the nursery door. 

“ I’ve got a surprise for you darling.  Actually it’s for both of us.”  Cherna said as they walked into the nursery.

            There in a bed of pelts laid two eggs.  Both were bright blue with purple swirls on the shells.  Both were normal size.

            “Really?”  Saber asked.

            “Yes my love, really. “ Cherna smiled.  Saber hugged her close, looked at the eggs and they both started to laugh. 

            “Are we hoping for  hatchlings with no magic this time?”  Cherna asked.

            “Yes!!”  Saber  shouted to the Gods.  He grinned from ear to ear …(yuk)… and kissed Cherna.  Saber smiled as his Dynasty grew.

 

 

 

THE END

 



© 2013 Kari


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

196 Views
Added on October 26, 2013
Last Updated on October 26, 2013
Tags: Dragons, Magic, Drama, Evil, Castle, Love, Fantasy


Author

Kari
Kari

Yerington, NV



About
I am a full time wife and mother of 4 and 3 step children. I am also the proud grandmother of 6 beautiful kids. I didn't come by writing in the normal way. I tinkered with writing as a young adult, .. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Kari