Chapter Four: Travel by the Moon

Chapter Four: Travel by the Moon

A Chapter by Master Aiden

Chapter Four: Travel by the Moon

The confident howls of wolves can be hear coming a few miles away from Moonlight City, which depending on who you are can send shivers down your spine or perk your curiosity.

A Muscular, light-skinned Terrin-Man swings a giant sword and cuts down several trees in a row in a forest called Silven, he is shirtless showing off his abs and defined pectoral muscles, clad in a pair of capris with multiple pockets, his hair is braided into cornrows  and his eyes are a mysterious silver-color.

Behind him leaning up against a tree is a dark-skinned Terrin man who is a few inches shorter than the sword wielding one, his hair is braided into dreadlocks that reach the top of his rear end, he as well is muscular and is tossing a dagger in the air, watching his friend cut down the trees.

In another fury of slashes the fallen trees are sliced into firewood, the giant sword the light-skinned man was wielding had a blood-red blade and a sapphire-hilt; he must have had a powerful amount of strength because he swung the blade like it was a paper-fan. He turned to his friend “Shall we return Desmond?” Desmond stopped tossing the dagger in the air and looked back at his friend, “Sure thing Rollo.”  

Rollo and Desmond carried the firewood back to a tiny campsite with about eight tents and a campfire in the center, they tossed the wood they collected into the fire and a Terrin-elder came from the tent closer from the fire, “Welcome back my son.” Rollo ran over and hugged is father, “Father I just went to get firewood again, I didn’t go on a huge journey.” His father smacked him in the head, “I am your father, I will always worry about you, and I worry about your siblings as well.”

Rollo thought about his brothers and his sister; all of his siblings had left the tribe, and he was the third oldest so he should of left and started his own tribe before his younger brother and his sister, but he left and fell in love with a young mage, when the guards of the tribe tracked him down, they disguised themselves as bandits and kidnapped him taking him away from the love of his life, he was glad to see his father again but he felt so empty inside without his lover.

Rollo’s father walked over to the campfire and kneeled before it, praying to the God of the Moon, suddenly everyone in the tiny campsite came out of their tents and started morphing into wolves, Desmond as well took on the form of a werewolf, and Rollo hadn’t mastered his transformation so he only grew wolf ears and a tail. Desmond approached him from behind and smacked his buttock, “Even though you haven’t fully turned, you’re still sexy as hell.” Rollo felt his face get warm and knew he had blushes; he had started gaining an attraction to Desmond which is why he hoped he’d pick up his lover’s scent one day.

All the tribe-members danced around the fire, howling and laughing; Rollo slipped out of the campsite and went for a walk in the woods, his tail and ears disappeared because he wasn’t really in the moonlight he was hidden from it by the tall trees, he was looking down at the ground and bumped into someone, “Oh, I’m so sorry.” He looks up and sees a beautiful Jarvin-woman in a black and red evening dress, wearing a diamond necklace around her neck, “No you are quite alright, that was my fault.” Rollo began to pick up a familiar scent of lollipops and fairy guts, “Do you know someone named Matlus?” he questioned the young woman. She smiled and shook her head, “Yeah, we met on the train to Moonlight City and he is staying in the motel room down the hall from me.” She looked at the Terrin-man in front of her and she smiled, “Are you his boyfriend?”  Rollo felt himself blush, “Yeah, I eventually plan to be more than that though.” He clears his throat, “How was he when you saw him, did he look well?” the young woman stopped and looked as though she was thinking really hard about the question, “He looked a little preoccupied when we talked, like he was in deep thought about something or someone.” She paused briefly, “He definitely told me he was looking for someone special to him and that was why he was traveling so far.” Rollo thanked the young woman, “My name is Rollo Arvon by the way, may I ask your name?” she smiled, “My name is Akina Suicida, and also the name of the motel is Slither.”

Rollo thanks her once again and ran back to the village to tell his father that he would be leaving to go to Moonlight. Akina watched as Rollo ran off into the distance, she looked around and began walking deeper into the forest. She came to a tombstone that was in front of a dying tree, “This must be the place, and I mean I don’t see any other tombstones around here.”  She pulls out a small talisman and holds it against a symbol in the center of the tombstone, the outline of a door appears in the dying tree and she grabs what appears to be a doorknob and turns it, she peers inside and continues walking into the tree.

 

Rollo enters his village and everyone had finished their moonlight dance, Rollo’s father walks over to him, “Son where did you go?” Rollo doesn’t answer his father instead his tells him what he came back to say, “A young woman in the forest told me that Matlus is staying in Moonlight City, I have to go and reunite with him father!”  His father looks at him and smiles, “His love for you brought him this close, it is only fair that you go to him now.” His father whistles and Desmond comes out from the tent that he shares with Rollo, “Desmond accompany my son to Moonlight City.” Desmond agrees and the two sharpen their weapons and head off into the distant North towards Moonlight City.

Akina travels down the tunnel inside the tree for what seems like twenty-miles or so and she begins to see a faint-green light getting closer and brighter as she keeps walking, when she finally reaches the light she finds herself in a throne room lined with corpses and bones hanging from the walls and a chandelier made completely of human hearts. She approaches the throne where the person that hired her sits, “I’m sorry to bother you but I was wondering when will you come through with your end of the deal?” she kneels down at the throne after asking her question. The figure sitting in the throne looks at her his face completely hidden by the darkness of the room, he speaks and his voice is an eerie-echo, “Don’t worry Akina I will hold up my end soon enough, we just have to make sure everything runs smoothly in Moonlight City.” He points to a door similar to the one she entered the tunnel from and says to her, “Go now and when the time comes everything will fall into place.” She exits the throne room and the door vanishes as she leaves.

Rollo and Desmond headed out of Silven forest and headed to Moonlight City; Rollo anticipated seeing Matlus again after a whole year, he wondered if Matlus looked any different than when he was taken away.

Arriving in Moonlight City they located Slither motel and found the room that Akina had told them about, they knocked on the door, the door slowly opened and a young Terrine boy answered the door in nothing but a pair of boxers, “Can I help you.” Rollo smiled, “I love you babybear.” Matlus rubbed his eyes and his jaw dropped when he realized who was standing at the motel room door, “Ro…llo!!!!

 

 



© 2012 Master Aiden


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

213 Views
Added on October 29, 2012
Last Updated on October 29, 2012


Author

Master Aiden
Master Aiden

Wilmington, DE



About
I just love writing and I hope one day my writing will be acknowledged by people all over. more..

Writing