Vernacular Homicide

Vernacular Homicide

A Chapter by Nusquam Esse
"

Can words kill?

"

Umbrageously pandemoniac lexicon of  hubristic recalcitrance punitively and  vindictively castrates a castigating Vox Populi which vituperatively lambasted zenithal anachronistic blasphemies upon heinous transcendent apophthegm henceforth juxtaposed with benign albeit prismatic expressions of nescient and narcissistic logophilia from a vehement primordially apexed Faustian ego misconstrued under hedonist expressions audaciously edacious or rather voraciously contorted with subversively salacious gimmicks never sagacious in animose ostentatious submissions to visceral logorrheic anarchical aneurysms flummoxed under ultimatums of linguistic optimists subverted by this cadenced opportunistic moribund asphyxiation…



Foucault warned me, ‘The Birth of the Prison’, but homicide with disregard to punctuation, such a crime is capital. 


Yes, Capital Indeed!






It took me a few hundred tries, but I managed to record a reading without any pauses; as would be meant without any punctuation.



© 2018 Nusquam Esse


Author's Note

Nusquam Esse
Came up with this idea of a poem while talking with Arzel Blue, which for the record, is meant to be ironic. Since there is absolutely nothing in here which represents 'vernacular'. This shit be verbose, so grab a dictionary, or just pretend it didn't happen. ;) If you notice anything off, please let me know, because honestly... this is dayum confusing even for me. Don't forget, punctuation means you can take a breath, so you better not take a breath anywhere else... or else! Or else you'll get out alive.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hahaha... Reminds me of V sans the alliteration and punctuation.. I admit, some words were new to me and from these particular words "nescient and narcissistic logophilia from a vehement primordially apexed Faustian ego", I came to an understanding that this is some sort of jab at people who use diction they themselves have little idea about..

The recording was a fun companion..
I learned a few things.. Thanks for the share.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nusquam Esse

9 Years Ago

This was a piece directed to people who try and use 'big words' without actually understanding their.. read more



Reviews

This is hilarious. I don't know about ironic, but it oozes sarcasm and I find it very witty and amusing, and I thought it rather an interesting endeavour. (Yes, I can't spell it with an OR, as a Canadian, it just does something to me physically to take out the OU.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

what fun! i love my dictionary and words can heal or kill; and all places between ..would not even attempt to do this in one breath ... pronunciation is critical is it not?! :) i think you might include suicide in your title ... verbosity works both ways i think ... really enjoyed reading up on Foucault ... his comparisons of prisons to schools and hospitals and the military is pretty extreme .. prison recidivism rates are way high but i dont know anyone the gets through high school goes back ... love your comments on punctuation .. i overused and now am an punctuation free .. well .. almost ... i do continue to abuse .. these little dots .. :) Capital writing my good man .."Yes, Capital Indeed!" and since i only have a vague sense of what you said ... even if i look up all the words ... i decided you are not talking about me .. nor my poetry .. which is quite grand is it not :))) glad i stopped by this morning .... no blend of coffee could ever jump start the mind like your poem has done ..
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hey there! To answer your question, this damn near killed me and my brain. I too, like one of your other reviewers thought that i was well versed when it came to my diction -however you've proven my assumption wrong; not only in terms of my grasp on grammar, but lexicon too. You've definitely challenged my read, in a way that I've enjoyed and found somewhat refreshing, so thank you for sharing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Is this perhaps aimed at the simplistic poets who put forth no emotion nor seemingly any effort into their work and spew out any cliche or psuedo-droidic piece that they think holds any meaning when it is really just mundane and insulting to real poets, or did I possibly miss something? Either way, this was eloquently written and quite intellectual.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Did you, er, swallow a dictionary? lol. I must admit, I'm left scratching my head, but I like a good challenge.

Posted 10 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

we sell our soul to write words, and sometimes it sounds like it...maybe there should be a prison for narcissistic poets who just spew big words at readers with their counterfeit intentions, only meant to confuse and abuse...
i could see the convict poet sitting in his cell, trying to coax his pen to write...but feeling barred from inspiration---

do words have the power to kill? dickinson thought so...she said they had both the power to heal and the power to kill...
i liked this journey...and it did make sense to me...on another site we had a poet who often put together pieces like this...the kind that sent us scurrying to a dictionary...problem with his poems...they were just big words, but nothing really went together to make any sense.
this has a definitive voice, a pattern...a reason for existing more than just showing off a wide range of "vernacular"---

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've always considered myself an above-average writer with above-average linguistic talent and with above-average vocabulary bank. In fact, I am labeled as the most technical person in my class. But right after reading this, you've proved my assumptions wrong. Only 20 % of the words here seems familiar to me and good gracious, this made me think "Why am I so dumb?" ;)

"Manslaughter with disregard to punctuation". This confused me because I've always thought the phrase is "manslaughter with regard to punctuation". But I think yours is correct, only quite ambiguous. (I'll search about this soon.)

This is where I find most of my entertainment--grammatical flaws, punctuation errors... I find them highly amusing. Like in these two sentences: "Let's eat, grandma." and "Let's eat grandma". Punctuation marks are one of the most overlooked when it comes to writing but careless usage or omission may indeed cause serious troubles (or deaths). Haha.

I like talking with you, Nusquam. Your words stimulate my intellect.

Uhm, you mentioned 'dayum' in your note. I've checked the meaning online but I found no results. Perhaps you're referring to 'datum'?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nusquam Esse

10 Years Ago

I have stubbornly decided that I want to be able to recite the first part of the poem in a single br.. read more
This comment has been deleted by this chapters author.
Jennie Baron

10 Years Ago

Very clever and amusing indeed, mon ami. I'm also chuckling.

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

758 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on March 21, 2014
Last Updated on May 23, 2018
Tags: Prose, Poetry, Irony, Satire, Vocabulary, Punctuation, Vernacular, Capital, Homicide


Author

Nusquam Esse
Nusquam Esse

Ogden, UT



About
****I have disabled RRs, since I just don't have the time and energy to continue returning every review. I have enough on my plate without nagging feelings of obligation; so please, do NOT review me .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Solo... Solo...

A Poem by redflutterby


VIRUS VIRUS

A Poem by Rob Santana