12. Kind of

12. Kind of

A Chapter by Pancae

After a few silent minutes of walking, the red haired girl beside Delilah looked up at her.
'' Its over there. '' She said while pointing to a near-by tree. 
Feeling awfully awkward, Delilah walked up to the ancient oak and glanced back at Sindy who followed Delilah. 
'' Oh yea. '' 
The red-haired girl said before continuing. 
'' Each entrance has its own.. bubble, kind of. The bubble senses, kind of, people with powers. When they enter the bubble, they kind of become invisible to the people that are normal and everything labelled ' abnormal ' is  also invisible to the normal ones. '' 
Although Delilah appreciated the girls explanation, she bit her tongue to stop questions from flowing. Instead, she replied.
'' Oh.. that's smart, kind of. '' 
Sindy smiled at her before gesturing towards the tree trunk with a ' go on. ' sort of look.
After a few seconds of Delilah standing there, Sindy walked up towards the trunk and stepped onto one of the bits that dug into the ground. The thing went down as if it was made to do so, activating something inside of the tree that made a large oval-like opening in the tree-trunk. Startled and awed, Delilah automatically connected the opening to the tubes back in the hospital-like room that she was in yesterday. 
The two stepped into the opening and were back at the Head Quarters within seconds. 
'' Good Morning Delilah, Sindy. How are you two today ? '' 
The familiar voice of Madison echoed in the empty space, her face on the large screen.
As the two stepped out of the tube closest to the wall that the screen was facing, Delilah realized that Madison couldn't have spotted them, unless the noise give them away. But before she could question anything, Sindy was already answering the question.
'' Hi boss. I'm fine, more than fine actually. Mom's beginning to teach me how to spread the shield around my body, not that I'm good at it. I keep electrocuting myself.. '' 
She stopped, seeing Madisons facial expressing, but before the woman on the screen could say anything Sindy blushed and rushed out her words. 
'' Haha.. Don't worry, I'm fine. They're not strong, I've kind of learned my lesson when my hair wouldn't go down for a month.. Yea, I'll get going now. See you around Delilah ! '' 
And with that, the red-haired girl was gone, disappearing into the dimly lit hallway that the blue haired teenager was walking through just the other day with Jared. 
Delilah dropped her waving hand to her side when Sindy was no longer in sight. She marched up to the chaired that started at the screen and flung herself at it. 
'' Morning. '' She pulled up her lips into a small smile.
Madison returned it before fixing her expression into a more gentle one. 
'' So, I think you might want to know everything now.. '' 


© 2014 Pancae


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on February 1, 2014
Last Updated on February 6, 2014
Tags: chapter, powers, new character, secret entrance


Author

Pancae
Pancae

Hogwarts , House : Slytherin



About
I'm a -insert age here- year old that has many novel/story ideas but doesn't know where to share them. I don't know what to do with my life yet, but know that I enjoy creating different plot lines. more..

Writing
1. Prologue 1. Prologue

A Chapter by Pancae


2. Callum 2. Callum

A Chapter by Pancae


The Passing The Passing

A Book by Pancae