Volien The Princess

Volien The Princess

A Chapter by Phoenix
"

Volien is a princess with four different types of blood - vampire, witch, wolf and human.. When she meet a guy and fell involve with him. Her life turns into a big mess changes...

"

Volien is a princess with four different types of blood - vampire, witch, wolf and human.. When she meet a guy and fell involve with him. Her life turns into a big mess changes... What will she do if she have to choose between her families and the man she truly love... will she choose her families? Or will she listened to what her heart's screaming? 

I walked into the forest nearby in our castle, listening to the afternoon wind blew the trees leaves making some rhythm while the birds is singing..

I feel so peaceful every time I went here. I walked some more minutes when I finally came to my favorite spot, a hill with one big tree which when you were there you can see the whole view of our castle in the middle of the forest. While the orange color of the sunset is the acting background..

I sat down resting my back in the big tree seeming the beautiful view in a minutes before I grabbed my guitar which I put in my side a while ago. Then I started to play and sing a song ''right here waiting".

I'm in the middle of the song when I feel someone staring at me. I stopped myself for singing and my finger for snapping the string of my guitar. I quickly stood up and looking around left and right, back and front... but I didn't see anyone...

I sat down again suspiciously at my surroundings, feeling every hint of the wind in the trees... but I can't see anyone or danger in the place... I shrugged my shoulder and decided to sing and play again my unfinished song... I starting to snap the chord again when I again heard someone walking towards me..

I turn my head quickly to see who it was. Then I see a guy standing 5 feet away from me while his dark blue eyes almost covering of his dark brown hair is meeting my brown one... I asked him "Who are you" but he only gave me a perfect smile...

King Orofeo's P.O.V

I'm outside my palace to walk for a while in the middle of the night looking up in the sky where the stars and moon shining so bright.. until I pass so many trees and I didn't notice that I'm in the grove near in my palace... I stop walking in the big pine tree, and sat in the grass resting my back on it, and I still keep my eyes staring at the beautiful sky, I signed and closed my eyes, I could hear some owls singing seems to be humming while the sounds of crickets is everywhere... how peaceful the nights are now, not like when I am still a prince and my father is still a king... I signed heavily and my mind went back to my long long past...

"...In late 1400's vampires, wolves and witches had a big war... and my father who was sitting on the thrown, also fought for his families and own kind, we didn't have enough soldiers to bring in the war, I wanted to help him but he said that I need to stay in the palace and replace for his thrown for a while, because my mother was suffering from a unknowing illness, I only nodded my head and agreed with him, I know that it's the last time I can speak to him and see him alive... he rode his horse and along with the remaining soldiers by his side into the battle.. they disappeared from my sight when they passed the entrance gate and it slowly put it up back again....

One month passed my father and our soldiers did not return... I know the war was still not over.. but one day our five soldiers came back from the war and they pushed one big cart covering with thick blanket... I went near them and asked for my father, yet I had a feeling for the strange cart at my front.. they didn't say a word and they all stepped aside to give me a way to the cart. I looked at them puzzled but I walked towards the awaiting cart.. I held the blanket covering the cart and I jerked it off and I threw it on the ground..

I almost hit the ground, I didn't hold at the side of the cart.. I saw my father laying in this cart with no life, almost his face was covered with blood, his wearing armor is ripped from the sword that who killed him.. but my father had a ability to heal himself, how could he die in this kind of injury... my question was answered by one of the soldier...

"My Prince, your father fought for all of us, he was the most powerful leader of two race in the battle.. which is a wolves and a witches.. the big wound in his chest is made by the king of wolf... he used his ability to heal himself but the Lord of all witches didn't allow it and he use his spell to your father, he blocked all the ability of your father, we were sorry for not helping our king.. my Prince.." he said and I didn't answer... one of the elders spoke and asked the soldier who explained my father's death..

"What happened at the two leader of both race, and the battle? Isn't it over? The soldier spoke again and said that the two leader fought with each other and both got killed.. the war is temporarily stopped because both sides had no leader yet, but he assured that if both of us raced new leader or king, the war continue until the one who remain standing declared the battle are over..

After my father's funeral, my mother was totally ill, she didn't eat nor drank blood, she was so depressed by my father's death.. until one day when I visited her in her room, I see her laying in her bed.. I touched her face.. and I called her but she did not open her eyes.. not even moved.. I closed my eyes and I could only do is to hug her tightly.. I cried silently for my mother's loss.. I don't have anyone who I can call family... I didn't have siblings or cousins, I'm totally lonely in this world...

After my mother's funeral.. my Elders set a conference.. all the vampires were there, they announced the new leader of the vampire, and that was none other than me... I was not married, so they arranged my wedding to one of the daughter of our Duke.. her name is Divone, she was very beautiful and kind-hearted.. I agreed to my elders and I married Divone.. one more day passed and I heard a news.. the wolves and the witch raise their new king and Lord... the only question in my mind was.. will the battle start again?.. I'm totally tired of this war I need to end this before the three species are gone forever.. then some plan came over to my mind.. a plan that could end the battle forever... I smiled to myself and I called the Elders and told them my plan, they didn't agree initially but when I explained every details with them they all nodded their head and agreed with what I was planning....

...........................Back to the reality...........................

I'm in the middle of my past when I hear some noise in the middle of the grove.. I opened my eyes and quickly stood up and listened again very carefully at the place and I could hear some footstep.. not only footstep, the person who made that steps are not walking but running.. I ran to where I heard the sound of steps and tried to hide in the big tree when I saw a woman running towards the falls, I heard another sound of steps and I saw two men blocking her way.. the two men didn't speak, they just kept their eyes on the woman in front of them, I saw the woman's face and she had a tears in her eyes, her hands were shaking, then she spoke. "Please let me go... please.. she was begging but the men looked like they didn't hear her and one of man with black hair grabbed her by her left arm and forcing her to come back with them in where did they came from.. the woman was still begging at the men to let her go but it seems they didn't hear her...

She didn't keep her mouth shut in spite of the other man warning her to keep her mouth shut.. then the man who was holding her left arm suddenly stopped and faced to her.. then he slapped the woman on her face really hard, the woman couldn't do anything, she just cried silently... then they walked again, they almost were gone from my sight, when I heard the woman screaming... her scream was like she was in unbearable pain.. I was so curious to what happened so I carefully ran to where they were... When I saw them I quickly hid again in the big tree.. I saw the woman was now lying on the ground and holding her belly.. I didn't notice that the woman was pregnant when she was running... and when the two men blocked her way.. the men stood at her feet looking at her like they didn't know what to do to her now.. I smelled a blood from her and I looked at her.. she was now giving birth to her child... the man with black hair spoke, the one who slapped the the woman when she did not stop her mouth for begging them..

"We need to help her Ferol.." he said.. then the man nodded their head and he bent down his knee and put his right hand at the woman's belly.. and said something that I didn't understand.. then the woman screamed like she is going to die.. then in a seconds later I heard a small cry.. the other man with short hair bent down his knees and grabbed in his arms a crying baby.. I looked at the woman but she is now sleeping.. the other man took off his shirt and gave it to the man who holding the baby.. he grabbed it to him and wrapped the baby on it..

The man who had a long hair is now carrying the woman in his arms.. then suddenly the man with short hair lay down the baby in the grass. He grabbed something from his pocket and left it at the baby.. they all turned back and ran in the dark.. when they disappeared in the dark I walked towards the baby.. I bent down on my knees and I grabbed the baby and put it in my arms... I looked at the adorable face of the baby while crying... I tried my best to make the baby stop crying... and I keep my eyes with the baby's face when I noticed the gold amulet at her chest.. I get it and I saw a gold star and moon amulet with a small sapphire stone at the side... I put it up in front of my face to look clearly, then I saw a word "Volien".

King Orofeo's P.O.V

The Elders set a conference for all. They sent a message to the new race king and lord of wolf and witch that I set a meeting for us to settle what we are fighting for so many years. Luckily they all agree and they will come to our meeting place. 

When all the Elders, of both side and all the new race king and lord were there I started to explain what I would like to offer with them to stop the battle between us.. 

"To all of you here, Lord, King and Elders, I would like to end the battle not using our soldiers, abilities and weapons. I'm tired seeing everyone in the battle sacrifice their life to fight for their own kind, and will, and now I planned to offer you a freedom and to live peaceful.

I started to tell them but they all laughed and the new race King of wolf spoke. 

"And who do you think you are to give us order? Do you think that we agree to your offer?" Then he laughed sarcastically again. And all the elders of the other side nodded their head but I did not give up and started to explain again what is the good purpose of my offer. 

"Yes. Maybe you're right that I'm nothing, with you all to offer this. But this is not only for me, it is for all of us, and for all the children who wanted to live in peace with their families, and friends." I spoke with all of my sincerity, they all stopped laughing and looked at each other and muttered something and all nodded their head, then the Lord of all witches spoke.

"Then what is your offer to stop the war between us?" 

I looked at him and I said.. 

"I offered to all of you that we would do a deed that contains our commitments and if one of our race does not fulfill his promises that has assigned the death penalty in his entire race." 

They all were looking at me and no one broke their gaze, even me to them.. then one of the Elders spoke and said.. 

"Which means, if one of us did not do his promises the punishment is the death of our race?"

"Such as that, we will not even need a war to take away the life of another. If one of us fail to comply with his promises, the lives of her entire family will return." 

All the Elders nodded their head and the king of wolf spoke again.. 

"Then how do we know if one of us broke their promises?" 

Before I could answer his question, the Lord of the witches answered his question.. 

"I will use my powerful spell to let us know if one of us do not comply our words." 

"We only nodded our head and the Lord of witches snapped his fingers and a piece of milk white paper and ball pen appear in front of us. 

"Now, use it to write your promises and conditions and tell me if you were done.." said the Lord of witches..

When all of us done to write our wills and promises, the Lord of witch put his spell and said.. 

"If the paper got ripped. which means that wolves do the sin." 

"If the paper got burned it's means the vampires." 

"If it is got wet my race did not comply our promises." 

"If both of us broke our promises, the words you write in that paper will disappear." 

No one disagreed and all nodded their head, I spoke for the last time and said.. 

"Hopefully will not break our oath promises.. thank you to all of you." 

And all of us stood up and walked to their own way.... after that we live in peace and with freedom... 

===================================

Feliex's P.O.V

I sat besides at my mother who's still carrying the baby she's not crying now and had a smile in her lips.. 

"Mother.." I said. 

"Hmmm... 

"Who is she? 

Then my mother looked at me and smile more wide.. She told me the whole story where did my father get that baby and I was shocked when she said that they want to make this baby their daughter and our sibling. I don't have a right to disagree with them and my mother really wanted to have a princess so I only nodded my head even I had a bad feeling at this baby that they named Volien.. I looked at the baby still sleeping so peaceful.... 

===================================

Next day King Orofeo was so shocked when his queen told him that Feliex bit Volien and turn Volien as a vampire. Then he decided to tell to his 2 more sons that they had a new sibling. 

-------------------------------------------

"What!?" Orvix yelled and stood up when his father told them that he and his mother decided to adopt baby Volien and make their princess.. 

"Hey! Relax bro! Aren't you happy we had a new baby sister?" Ervix said with a wide smile at his lips. He love kids and he really wanted too to have a baby sister to play all day and to teach her how to play instrument.. 

"Shut up Ervix!" It's not funny!" Orvix yelled at him. 

"Oohhh! Someone's here getting jealous.." Ervix only teasing him then laughing. 

"I said shut up! And who's jealous? Me? Am not!" Then Orvix threw a pillow at Ervix who's still laughing.. 

"Son's. Stop it. I just want to tell you our decision.. Hope you be good brothers to your new sister..." And the king stood up and walked to the door and left his two son's Orvix who got pissed and Ervix was happy to have a new sister and still teasing and laughing at Orvix.. 

===================================

Orvix's P.O.V

"Stupid Ervix!" And curse that baby named Volien" I will make her life like hell.. 

He thought to his self and walked towards his king and queen's room.. 

He did not knock at the door and he just opened it. When the door cracked open, he saw baby Volien playing toy's at the floor with her mother. He walked towards his mother keeping his eyes at Volien.. 

"That baby! I kill her, she don't belong here! I tell to myself and when she get near her mother notice him and said.. 

"Oh.. Orvix you're here!" 

"Ah.. Um. Yes mother I just want to see your new baby.." I said and put a fake smile at my lips.. and looked at Volien.

"Oh.. ok.. But can you stay here for a while I need to take a shower first, can you keep your eyes first at your sister?" My mother said and I nodded my head. . an evil in my head jumping in joy I can kill this brat easily now.. 

My mother stood up and walked at the bathroom to take some shower. I bent down in my knees not removing my eyes and the baby's eyes also looking at me.. 

"Hi baby.. want to play with me? I said and I fake my smile, I raised up my hand to grab her at her left arm when she.... 

"Aahhhhhh!! You evil brat!" And I get back away my hands to her teeth, she bite me when she saw me trying to hold her arms.. 

I looked at my swollen hand with her sticky saliva..

"Ewww! You pay for this evil baby.." I stood up and walked outside the room living the baby their.. I walked to the hallway when I passed the room of my eldest brother Feliex.. I stopped walking and looked at the cracked opened door. I walked towards the door and I saw a lot of blood in the cabinet.. 

I looked around but I couldn't see my brother. I walked inside and looked at the blood in the bottle. In the cabinet, I saw that the blood have their own names. I read it all and I saw a word.." Wolf blood" I opened the cabinet and grabbed the bottle of wolf blood and my evil mind spoke to me again and gave me a precious idea... I walked back to my mother's room again holding the bottle of wolf blood, I saw Volien still playing at the floor. I grabbed her at her face and forcing her to open her mouth. When I finally opened her mouth, I next opened the bottle and forced her to drink this blood.. 

"You drink this evil baby! I forced her to drink all the blood and when I saw the bottle clear I stopped and stared at her, what will happen to her, when I saw that she fell on the floor and went unconscious.. I walked away and closed the door behind me.. 

--------------------------------------------------------

An hour later I heard that my brother Feliex came at the room and saw Volien lying on the floor unconscious.. he healed the baby with his healing blood, and now that stupid baby was still alive! Curse you Feliex you ruined my plan.. 

===================================

Feliex's P.O.V

When I went to my parents room I saw Volien lying on the ground. She smelled a wolf of blood and her heart slowly beating. I healed her again with my healing blood before my mother saw her again and started to cry.. Before I leave them in the room, I grabbed some blood for Volien to study it.. 

"Let me see what kind of baby you are my new sister" I muttered to myself and I put her blood in my microscope and I saw four different types veins in her blood.. 

"This can't be." I said still looking at the microscope... I saw a vein of human, a witch, a vampire and a wolf! She had four different types of blood?! How? 

===================================

eyes of the man in my nightmare! 

*****After 18 years*****

I was standing in the darkness and I can't see anything except pure darkness, I walked slowly turning my head left and right finding someone who can help me to get out of this darkness... 

I stopped walking when I saw a figure in front of me... I can't see the figure properly because of the darkness, but suddenly it went clearly in my vision and I saw a man standing back at me.. 

I thought he's my brother Ervix so I ran towards him,when I got near him I grabbed his left shoulder and turned him to face me. 

"Ervix" I said smilingly but when the man turned to face me, I gasped and I removed my hand at his shoulder.. I stepped back away from him while his eyes staring at me.. my human heart beating so fast, when he started to walk slowly towards me.. I step back again every step he made to get near me...

"Who are you?" I asked him but he didn't answer me, I could only see her eyes because his face is almost cover of darkness.. then he raised up his right hand up to his head and the shinning silver sword appeared. 

I can't barely move at my feet I was frozen when I saw the shinning sword at his hand. He stepped two more step towards me and I see closely his blue eyes full of sadness and regrets. 

"You need to die" he said with a cold voice and my eyes wide open when I saw that he will cut me by his sword.. 

Ring!!

I forced my eyes to open and quickly sat up... I breathed heavily and my heart beat is like a drum. I touched my forehead and it's full of sweat.. I breath heavily and sighed.. I turned my head at my still ringing alarm clock, 9:30 pm.. I pushed the button to stop it from ringing and I took off my blanket and walked to my closet, I grabbed my jeans and my white tanktop, I put it in my bed before I grabbed my towel and went take a good shower.. 

I can't believe in my dreams, I always dreamed that man who wanted to kill me, but he had a sadness and regrets in his eyes.. I sighed again and shook my head..

"Nightmare again." 

After I took a shower and got dressed, put a little bit of make up and wore my flat white converse, I grabbed my guitar at the corner of my room and walked towards the door and closed it behind me.. 

I walked at the hallway when someone called me.. 

"Olie!" 

I stopped walking and even I didn't turn my head, I knew who is it..

"Yeah" I turn my head to look at Ervix who always had his perfect smile on his lips.. he is my second eldest brother, he's 6'3, while I'm only 5'6, I looked so short every time my brother is standing beside me.. he's got gray eyes and a long black hair almost falling at his shoulder but it's always in bun. A pale skin and a he's got a pink lip with 1 piercing at his left lower lips... he is my best bud brother, and he is our Vocalist in our vampire band - night creepers- ( haha I can't think much perfect name for their band sowie) while I'm on the lead guitar but a second vocalist too..

"Wanna ride? He asked me. 

"Hmm..." I pretend to think first.. 

"Comon! Don't think so long.." 

"Ok!" 

He smiled and I also smiled at him. He put his right hand at my left shoulder and we walked towards the stairs.. 

"Olie." 

"Hmm?" 

"Do you have a problem?" 

I looked at him puzzled and stopped walking down the stairs.. he stopped too and looked at me.. for the first time his face is serious.. 

"What do you mean?" He shrugged his shoulder and said.. 

"I don't know, you change this pass few days."

I raise my one eyebrows I really don't know what he was trying to say.. 

"You don't talk to much, and you want to be alone all day." 

"Ohh.." I only said and started to walk down the stairs... 

"What do you mean?" Oh I shrugged my shoulders and said. 

"Nothing I just want to be alone and I'm too lazy to speak with someone." he only stared at me and shrugged his shoulder too.. 

"If you need someone to talk you can call me Olie you know that." 

I smiled at him and hugged him that's what I loved with Ervix, he's always there for me and understands me. He hugged me back but not so long.. he looked at my eyes and smiled again..

"Olie is a big girl now" and he messed my hair with his hands.. 

"Hey! Stop it!" I jerked his hands away in my head and ran to his car.. he still was walking but laughing at me.. I can't tell him that I'm having a nightmare because for sure he only teased me and I know him he will sleep at my room and said that he will take away my bad dreams by punching it like what he always said when I was young.. 

He drove off at the bar where our band usually play.. we don't talk while he's driving and I just stared outside the window... he parked his car and got outside, I grabbed my guitar at the back seat and we walked inside the bar...

We saw our band mate sitting on the table at the side of the bar.. I saw Linor our Adlib guitarist tuning his precious guitar, and his side Ruviel our drummer wiping a rag his drumstick, and Warren our keyboardist sitting pretty at the couch while his two feet up in the table.. we are all vampires in our band but I'm different because I'm half breed.. my elder brother Feliex told me the whole story and told me that I got that four different types of blood, I'm still curious about who I really am. But I'm happy now and satisfied with my family even I had a enemy brother.. he's Ervix.. 

"Hey guys" Ervix said when we are getting near at them..

"Hey!" they all said and give a high five with Ervix, they all looked at me and I only nodded my head with them..I rolled my eyes at the bar, and the bar almost full of people who always went here to hangout.. drink, and make fun.. I looked at my right side where the bar was and I saw a guy sitting and had his drink in his hand.. he is facing at the bartender so I can't see his face, I don't know how long I stared at him but I noticed that he is looking at me now..

I didn't stop gazing at him and he also did at me... we liked this for so long when I remember the color of his eyes.. it's blue! Like the eyes of the man in my nightmare but the difference is his eyes is no sadness or regrets but I saw a irritating eyes looking at me.. 

Is he feeling irritated at me? Then I felt my heart started to beat faster again.. and I heard it's sound like a drum of Ruveil.. damn my human heart! 

"What is wrong with me? Everything seems to be a normal night, but Volien unaware, that there's some pair of blue eyes watched her from the dark side of the bar... the guy with pair of blue eyes.... 

Volien's P.O.V 

**************************** 

In his eyes, I can't go wrong. He is the man in my nightmare! I start to walk towards him because I want to know who is he now. Ervix calls me and asks me whether I am going but I ignored him. I keep walking and didn't removed my eyes off from him while he keeps his irritating eyes on me. Every steps I made I can see him clearly. I am almost 7 feet away from him when I bumped into someone...

"I'm sorry!" I said and I looked at the guy that I bumped into and he only nodded his head. 

"It's ok!, Better keep your eyes on your way." He said and smile. I smiled him back and he walked away.

I look at the bar where a guy with blue eyes sitting but now he is no longer there... I search for him in every corner of the bar but I can't find him again.

"Damn!, He's gone!" I said angrily to myself. I'm so disappointed to myself, and I regret the time. Suddenly, I bumped at one guy and brooked my eyes at him.

"Olie!" Ervix yelled, and I turn my head irritated at him. 

"What!" I said in a sarcastic voice. 

"What are you looking for? We need to go up on stage." He said while walking towards me. 

"Oh, Nothing. I'm just looking around Ervix..." I said not telling the truth to him. 

"Come on, Linor, let's go as rest of the people are waiting for us." He said and grabbed my right wrist with his left hand and led me to go up on stage. I turn my head once again left and right while walking in a hope that I could see the pair of blue eyes of that mystery guy, but still nothing...

Ervix led me in my usual position on the stage... I'm on the right side, because I lead a guitar. In the left side is Linor our Adlib, (guitarist), and right beside of him is Warren (our keybourdist) and in our back is Ruviel (our drummer) and but not the least, the leader of our band my brother Ervix (our vocalist) ...

Most of the audience the come to the program are girls... they come to see my band mates, specially my brother. I can't blame them, Ervix is really a cool, hot and handsome, even my three band mates are all hot. I'm the only girl in the group, that's why these guys super protected me, when they find a boy flirting with me.

Ervix holds the microphone and speaks, "Good evening, everyone!"And he smile so sweet causing all girls make scream for his name, and their eyes seem full of lust for him... I grinned and I slightly shook my head.

"Why he needs to flirt with all girls here first?" I ask myself.

The waiter comes to Ervix and gives him a small piece of paper. Ervix read it silently. He passed that paper to Linor and Linor passed the paper to Warren until Raviel passed it to me.

I read it and it said, "Someone is requested a song for his girl tonight, because the guy wants to know her that he is always be there for her." And it further said "It's their theme song and tonight he is going to propose her."

I smiled and looked at Ervix who looking at me too... he nodded his head at spoke in the mike again to make an announcement...

"Tonight is the special night, with our two special guests and the guy is requested this song that we are now going to play for his girl. Now we are playing the song... I'll be."...

The light went off first and I started to play my guitar with the first intro of the song with the conjunction of keyboard music of Warren before the light will come again....

"The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful 

Stop me and steal my breath. 

And emeralds from mountains thrust toward the sky 

Never revealing their depth.

Tell me that we belong together, 

Dress it up with the trappings of love. 

I'll be captivated, 

I'll hang from your lips, 

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above." 

----------------------------------------------------------------- 

While Ervix started to sing the song, Volien enjoys to play the guitar and temporarily forgets about the mystery guy, with a pair of blue eyes. She is now singing the chorus of the song along with her brother Ervix. And the man who requested the song walked in the middle of the dance floor, holding the girl in his hand that he loves...

Everything seems to be a normal night, but Volien is unaware, that there's someone with a pair of blue eyes watching her from the dark side of the bar. The guy with blue eyes grinned at the sight of Volien who now enjoying the song and her playing of guitar on the stage.

He grabs his cell phone and dialed a number.

"Hello." The voice from the other line said. 

"I saw her." The mystery guy with a blue eyes said, while still staring at Volien...Ervix P.O.V

"Is there's something happened?" Feliex asks while closing the door behind him, after I step inside in his room. 

"Nothing yet," I said while walking towards his couch and sat on it. Feliex sat down also in front on me and looked at me, waiting for me to speak. 

"I had something to tell you, "I said looking straight into his eyes, 

"Go on," he said with his cold voice. I breath deeply and sighed heavily before I speak again. 

"Orvix want to kill her," I said and Feliex looked away from my eyes and turn to look at his fire place where the orange fire burning the wood fuel and slowly turning into ashes. The silent came to us for a minutes when he decided to broke it.

"He can't do that" he muttered still not looking at me. 

"You know he can!" I demanded and I'm not in my sense brush my long hair with my fingers. He sighed and looked at me, for a seconds before he speak again. 

"I talked to him tomorrow," he said and I looked at him again, then I only nodded my head for agreement. 

"Thanks Feliex, you know I need your help." I said and I stood up. 

"I need to go, we had a gig at the bar tonight." I said again and I make my way to his door when he called me again. 

"Ervix."

I stopped walking and turn my head to face him again. 

"What?" 

"Don't let anyone get near of her, you know what will happen." He reminded me and I, only nod my head and walked again to his door. I opened it and I step outside and closed door behind me. I breathed deeply again and walked at the hallway when I saw Volien.. 

"Olie!" I called her as my favorite name, I gave at her and she stopped walking and turn her head to face me.. 

"Yeah." 

"Wanna ride?" I asks when I get near of her and I smiled at her. 

"Hmmm...." She humming pretending to think of it first but I cut her off because I knew her answer. 

"Comon! Don't think so long." I said and she just smiled at me and said "ok" I smiled at her too. I put my right hand at her shoulder and we walked towards the stairs.

When we were walking down the stairs I asks her if she have a problem but she didn't answer me directly. Instead she always shrugging her shoulders and said nothing. She was in lazy to speak with someone and want to be alone all day, I insisted and offer myself if she need someone to talk. She give me a hug and I hug her too in a seconds and I looked into his eyes.

"Olie is a big girl now," I said and I put my hands at her head and I messed her hair. 

"Hey, stop it!" She yelled and jerked my hands away from her head and ran through my car. I was only walking and still laughing at her, but when she was far away at me my laugh and smile turn away and change into seriousness and sadness. I still can see her opening my car in a far distance and I muttered a words in unwillingness... 

"If you only knew what's going on Olie?" I sighed and smiled again and ran to my car with a vampire speed.

When we finally drove at the bar, we saw our band vampire mates sitting at one of the tables at the corner of the bar. 

"Hey!"I said to greet them and they greeted me back and give a high five with each other. They all looked at Olie and she only nod her head to them and roll her eyes at the bar. 

Linor, Ruviel and Warren looked at me and I shrugged my shoulders. Linor make a little conversation before we go up on stage, when I notice Olie is not in my side, I turn around to search her and I saw her staring at something and I heard her heartbeat, beating so loud. I looked at the way she was staring at and I saw a guy with a dark blue eyes holding his drink into his right hand also looking at Volien with those irritating eyes...

I looked back at Olie and she is making her way towards this guy now. 

"Olie" I called her, but she ignored me and keep walking. 

"What happened?"Linor asked me but I refused to answer him and I quickly stood up when she was almost near at that guy, and I remembered Feliex said. 

"Don't let anyone get near of her."

I immediately think how I will stopped her from walking. When I saw a tall guy at her side talking to one another, I closed my eyes and when I opened it I knew it changed into a black color from my gray one.

I used my ability to the tall guy and control his body and mind. I quickly bump him at Volien and finally she stopped walking and looked up at the guy she bumped into and said her sorry. It's not her fault. They are talking for few minutes. I looked at the guy, she staring lately but he is nowhere there? I sighed in relief and I closed my eyes to change back my eyes into its normal color... I looked at Volien and now she is searching at the guy with every corner of the bar I walked towards her and I called her.

"Olie!" I yelled to make sure she will hear me, and she turned her head and looked at me irritated. 

"What!?" She said in a sarcastic voice. 

"What are you looking for? We need to go up on stage," I said pretending that I did not know what she was doing. 

"Oh nothing Ervix. I just looking around." She said not wanting to tell me the truth. Her eyes still searching for the guy. 

"Comon, Linor, let's go as rest of the people are waiting for us." I said grabbing her wrist and led her to go up on the stage. While we were walking up on the stage, I notice her head turning left and right.. she still hoping to see that guy again. 

"I will not letting you to get near to that man Olie," I said in my mind...

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 

While Evix and Volien are at the bar, Feliex walked to his table and opened his drawer and grabbed a small box and opened it... he hold something inside the box and put it up in front of his face and stared at it for long...

He tried to hold the Amulet but it burn his hand making his blood flow in his arm.. 

"You'll never see this Volien," Feliex said while putting back the amulet at the small box again and keep it back at his drawer and locked it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Volien's P.O.V

After almost 5 hours, we heading off at the bar and go back home, at the way droved Ervix asked me a lot of Question but I don't answer him directly. Sometimes I only stared at the window and keep my eyes outside the car. When he parked his car in front of our castle, I quickly grabbed my guitar and got off from the car and ran with my vampire speed at my room.

I keep running even Ervix called me. I closed my door behind me and I put my guitar at the corner of my bed. I walked to my clothes to grabbed my panamas and tank top to change myself. I quickly removed my makeup and threw myself at my bed. I didn't think what happened at the bar and I immediately fell asleep, because of the tiredness my human body fell.

"Volien," I heard a cold voice calling at me. I opened my eyes and I sat down at my bed. I turn my head at my room but I did not see anyone. I shrugged my shoulder and I decided to lie down again at my bed when I heard the voice again calling my name..

"Volien" The cold voice called me again and I looked at my opened window and I took off my blanket and I stood up walking towards the window. I looked outside from the window but I only saw the darkness in forest near behind my room. I hold the side of my window to closed it when I heard a voice again.

"Come here Volien." The voice said ordering me to go down and walked through the forest. I don't know what happened but I found myself jump in my room window and walking towards the grove. I stopped walking and I looked up at the sky and I saw the stars and a big full moon lightning up the dark sky.

"Come here..." The voice said again and I walked again in the darkness part of the grove... I stopped walking again in front of the big tree and I looked up on the tree and I saw something shinning at the brunch of the tree.

"Hold it Volien." The voice whispered it now to me and my hands deliberately put up to hold it. When I back into my senses and I saw myself in the middle of the forest. I quickly put down my hands aside and I turn around and I noticed that I'm in the middle of the forest near our castle.

"What I doing here," I said and I remember the voice calling me and ordering to come here. I looked around but I did not see any one I make a one step but I heard a voice again. 

"Volien."

I turned around again but I did not see anyone, my heart started to beat so fast again like it wanted to skip at my chest. 

"Who are you?!" I shouted in darkness but I only heard is a cold laugh that brought chill at me. The laugh I heard from unknown voice make me weak and I fall in my knees holding my arms. I feel cold, but I knew my forehead started to sweat. 

"w-what do you need at me!?" I manage to shout again even my voice is shaking in cold. I turned my head hoping to see anyone but nothing and I heard the voice stop laughing for a minute before I heard it again saying, "You!..." 

My eyes widened when someone is in front of me and I quickly looked up and I saw a guy with blue eyes again holding something in his hand leading me to hold it again... 

Feliex P.O.V

After Ervix left me at my room all alone, I rested on my couch feeling so tired after all that happened. Orvix my youngest brother, who is the most powerful vampire in our entire race, wants to kill our sister Volien who got for different types of blood and have some secrete that were discovered when she was only 5 years old. Ervix my second brother whom always protect Volien at Orvix at any harm he can make with her. Who always stands as a good brother to us. Me their eldest brother who they always asked for my help, always give them good advice as I best I could give, not to get them fight with each other.

When we discovered some dark side with Volien, Orvix had got a big desire to kill Volien. It was the 5th day of November when we saw Volien, with her pure black dress, and black shoes, her black curl long hair falling down at her waist, and her eyes colored red, looking at us devilish, with a evilly smile at her lips. There were the times when Volien change into a evil witch. Me and Ervix tried to get back her to normal but we couldn't make it, until Orvix came and grabbed something at Volien's neck and threw it away from her. I looked at the things he threw and it was the Amulet that also change color from gold to a bloody red with a black light surrounding it.

I looked at Orvix's hand and it looked like burned and his blood dripping on the floor. I looked down at Volien whose lying down on floor unconscious and beside her is Ervix who tried her to awake her.

Volien was back to normal, even her dress and shoes back to color white, her hair and eyes turns back to color brown. I walked towards the Amulet and it turned back to gold one. Ervix begged Orvix not to kill Volien, Orvix insisted and grabbed Volien at her arm still unconscious. Ervix jerked Orvix's hand and carried away the unconscious Volien. Orvix got more angry and yelled at Ervix that he is the one responsible if something bad happened again. Ervix agreed only and walked towards his room with Volien in his arms.

I bent down on my knees and tried to hold the gold Amulet on the floor. It make some volts that hit my hand and make my blood flow and fall at the floor. Orvix spoke and said that I need to keep away these things to Volien if we don't like the same thing to happen that had happened lately. I nodded my head and said I understand, he walked away and disappeared in the dark of the hallway. I grabbed some clothes and covered the Amulet so I can hold it.

Days, months and years past and Volien didn't change again, but one day Orvix went down at the underground where the oldest guardian of vampires who can predict the future was there and living. And he discovered the nearly end at our race by Volien...

I walked at my table and grabbed the small box where I keep the Amulet for a years. I put it up in front of my face to look at it clearly. I tried to hold it again but it still had barrier of volts and burned my hand. My blood flowed and fell on the floor. I promised to myself that Volien never did see this again before I put it back at the box and keep at my drawer and keep it locked forever.

Mystery Guy's P.O.V

Hey! I said when I saw my cousin Geffry sitting on one of my couch of my room. I closed my door behind me and walked towards him. 

Hey! He said too while looking at me taking a sit in front of him. 

What bad air brings you here?" I asked with a smile at my face. He grabbed a envelope at his jacket pocket and gave it to me. I asked him what is it but he just said to take me a look inside. I grabbed the envelope from his hand and I opened it.

One picture is inside on it, a picture of a girl with a breathtaking smile on her lips with a dark brown curled hair and brown eyes seems looking at me when I stared at her pictures. I looked back at Geffry and showed the pictures I'm holding at him, I gave him a questioning look asking who the girl was, he smiled at me before he spoke.

"Your father wants you to find her." He said and I raise up my one eyebrow at him. 

Did he say the reason?!" I asked curiously. He shook his head and grabbed something from his pocket again and handed me. 

If you find her, call me and I will tell you what will be the next order." He said and he stood up, I looked up at him and he just laughed at me.

Man!, Don't give me a look like that." He said with a smile at me, I sighed and I stood up. 

Ok just tell me her name." I said in my bored tone. 

Her name is. He said in a serious voice and expressions. 

What!" I said got pissed for waiting.

"Volien." He said and my eyes got wider. I shook my head and laughed lightly. 

"She can't be!" I said not believing at him. But he assured me her name and I stopped laughing and looked at him sharply. 

"She is?!" I asked again not wanting to believe at him but the truth is in front of me. 

"Believe or not you need to find her and bring her back at the castle." He said and walked through the door. And closed it behind him. I looked back again at the pictures and I can't help to ripped it. 

I thought you're dead! I said and threw the picture at the fire place.

"Nocan." I called my crow and he flew over my shoulder, I snap my fingers at him and he looked into my eyes and I showed him a face that he need to find. I nod my head and Nocan flew away at me and goes towards the forest until he lost at my sight. I lie on my bed like dead still my eyes opened thinking about the girl Volien, who my father wanted me to search for. My phone buzzed and I picked it up, Geffry calling me and I answered it. I asked him why and he reminded me that my father only gave me 2 months to find Volien before the Red Moon comes and he hung up.

I quickly sat up on my bed feeling annoyed. I got more pissed cause I'd didn't knew why my father wants that girl. Ever since I was a kid I heard that name who they always talked about with elders. Years past and I heard some elders talking about that girl again, they said that the girl named Volien is the most powerful in our race, but one day Volien got pregnant with her human lover and her powers got lost and started being useless in her kingdom. Months passed and Volien heard that her lover got killed by the orders of her father, she skipped at her kingdom one night and tried to come at the funeral of her human lover.

The king ordered his two men to get back his daughter at his castle at that night. Days passed and Volien didn't came back even the two men that the king ordered to bring back his daughter. Some news came to us saying Volien died while giving birth to her child and the two men of the king had no news and gone forever. We didn't hear about the child that Volien gave birth. The king and queen died and my father replaced his thrown. That's what I heard from the two Elders talking.

I'm at my deep thought when my crow Nocan came, he flew over my arms and I looked into his eyes. I smiled at Nocan when I knew where he showed me were that girl named Volien is. I let him flew again at the forest and I got ready myself to see with my own eyes Volien who the Elders said the most powerful at our race. I smile when I saw the forest finally filled with the sunlight. I looked at the two birds that happily fly in the air going down at the pine tree. There were other birds singing. I'm listening to the birds singing when I notice someone is standing at the back of the tree. My heart started to beat so fast again when I saw those blue eyes again... 

Volien's P.O.V

What's that Amulet? I muttered while looking at my own reflections in the mirror after I washing the face with a cold water. I woke up again with a heavy breath and sweated forehead from my dream...

I looked at my hands that still shaking, I still can feel the unknowing feeling when I touch the Amulet at my dreams that the guy with blue eyes leading me to hold it... 

"Hold it Volien," the mystery guy said and I did what he say to me. I put up my shaking right hand to hold the Amulet. I looked at the mystery guy with his blue eyes first before I finally hold it, he nod his head and I finally hold the Amulet.

It burns a red lights and the moon and stars turns red, the trees surrounding us slowly die and their dry leaves started to fall on the ground. The birds resting at the trees flew away, but they are one by one fell at the land. I stood up with my eyes widened with tears started to fall at my cheeks. I looked at the mystery guy, and he had an evil smile at his lips. He pointed his finger the way where our castle is. I looked at our kingdom and I saw a thick and long vines with a thorns started to covering the whole castle. I heard some people were screaming inside the castle, some little kids crying in pain. I shook my head and covered my ears with both hands and once again I fall in my knees and my tears fall at my legs...

I quickly shook my head wanting to remove that dreams in my mind. I grabbed my towel at the side and wipe my wet face. I walked outside the bathroom and sat on bed. I still thinking of my dreams about the guy with blue eyes who in my dreams before that wanted to kill me with his shinny sword, and now the Amulet that so familiar at me that he wanted me to hold...

I sighed and looked outside the window, the cold breeze came inside my room and touched my skin. I stood up and walked to my window. I stared at the forest in a light of the sunrise that started to come and light up the new day...

I smiled when I saw the the forest finally filled with the sunlight. I looked at the two birds that happily fly in the air, going down at the pine tree where the other birds were singing. I'm listening to the birds singing. I notice someone is standing at the back of the tree. My heart started to beat so fast again when I saw those blue eyes...

Feliex's P.O.V.

I was about to knock at Orvix door when its automatically open. I walked inside his room and the door shut closed at my back. I heard a snapped and the fireplace got some fire. The dark room filled with a light comes from the fireplace and I saw Orvix sitting at his couch with his legs cross looking at me with his green eyes. I walked towards him and sat in front of him looking straight into his eyes.

"Can we talked?" I asked but he remain silent and looking at me. 

"Ervix -.." I started to say but he cut me off.

"You know my answer and you can never change my mind." He said in his deep voice. 

I sighed and closed my eyes, I feel his eyes are still looking at me but I keep my eyes closed with a bowed head. The silence came to us for a minutes before I decided to open my eyes again and met his gaze at me.

"Orvix, killing here is not a solution." I said and he laugh only at me. 

"And what's the best solution you have my dear brother!?"

He snap and his eyes turn into yellow one, giving me a hint that I pissed him off. I can't find my answer, so I only stared at his eyes. His teeth clenching and his fist closed tight. There is always a best solution against killing, Orvix." I said and he shocked.

"Just give us time,and we make some plan," I said and I stood up and turn to his door. 

"Plan!?" He said and I turn to looked at him again. 

"Yes," I said and he ginned at me.

He stood up and walked towards me. He put his hands at my shoulders and stared at my eyes.

"Feliex, how can you make plan if you are the one who die first at all?" He asked and I smiled at him. I removed his hands at my shoulders and patted his left shoulder. Orvix only think what makes us better. I know he still care for us and not wanting to see us suffer before him.

I knew what he mean by, 'I'm the one who die first'. I knew that it will happen, after the oldest guardian I talked that told me about the destiny. I assured Orvix that I can make a plan before everything is too late. I walked outside his room and head straight to my father and mother thrown...I can't help myself to hold my breath and I hear my heartbeat so loud at my chest when I finally saw her beautiful face. Our eyes met and we stared at each other. Please read and do comment! Thanks. 

Mystery Guy's P.O.V

I drove at the place where I can see Volien. (who the Elders said the most powerful to all of us) I parked my car in front of the famous bar in this town. I got outside my car and headed into the bar entrance. The two big men in the entrance seemed they were the guards here. They asked me first the password before I can get inside the bar. I chuckled and pushed them aside. The 1 big man was trying to stop me by holding me in my shoulder, but I quickly used my power at him and he let me inside the bar.

The loud music was filling the whole place when I finally got in, some of the human teens were dancing so wild at the dance floor, and others were drinking at their own table. I rolled my eyes at the whole place but seems the one I was searching is not yet here. I made my way at the bar where the bartender was entertaining some of his customers by shaking and throwing a bottle of drinks. I sat at one high chair at the middle and ordered my drinks at the bartender.

I'm on my 4th glass of my tequila when 1 girl sat beside me, and was trying to flirt with me. She had a long black straight hair, a pale skin and gray eyes. She was wearing a red tank top with a black vest and a black short that was making more short when she crossed her long legs, and black boots. I grinned at her before I ordered at the bartender again to fill my empty glass of tequila. The girl stood up and stand besides me. I kept not to give her a look and sip at my glass. She put her hands at my shoulders and massaged it slowly. She lowered her head at my ears and whispered on me asking me if I want to make some fun with her. I turned my head to look at her and she smiled at me. I smiled at her too and I said "Sure, why not." She bit her lower lip and smiled so bitchy. I chuckled and I looked into her eyes and she did also at me. I used my power at her and make her my slave.

I ordered her to walk in the middle of the dance floor where the other human teens were still dancing at the sounds of the song "2012" nod her head and do my order at her. The music changed and became "on the floor". I ordered her to dance while removing one by one her clothes and she did. All teen girls who were dancing stopped and stared at her. She threw her black vest at the guy besides her and she next removed her red tank top while still dancing so wild. All guys circling at her, watching her to dance like a b***h which is she right now. I heard all scream when she finally got naked. I smiled devilish at what she did. I sat down again at my chair and sip at my glass of tequila. I snap my fingers, and the girl came back to her normal senses. She found herself naked in front of all people at the bar who were now circling at her, watching her naked body. She quickly grabbed her clothes and ran at the bathroom crying.

"That's what you get, b***h." I muttered and the place went back to normal noise like nothing happened. After almost 20 minutes of waiting, three guys came, and sat at one table at the corner. One of them with light brown long hair grabbed his drumstick at his jeans pocket and wiped it with white cloth, the other guy with black short hair rested his head at the couch while his feet cross at the top of the table, and the 3rd one with nose piercing was tuning his guitar. I smiled when I knew that they are the band of this bar where the person I need to see is one of their members.

After another 10 minutes of waiting I heard some of the girls giggling and whispering something at each other. They were all looking at the entrance door where one guy with a shoulder length black hair and a gray eyes was standing. I chuckled again at teen girls lust for this guy. I noticed someone is standing besides him. I can only see her long curled brown hair and a guitar at her shoulder. They walked towards the three guys I saw, before sitting at the corner of the bar. I kept my eyes at the girl with curled hair, I still couldn't see her face cause of her hair covering on it. They stopped at the table where the three guys were and greeted each other.

The girl turned and looked around at the whole bar. I couldn't help myself to hold my breath and I heard my heartbeat so loud at my chest when I finally saw her beautiful face. Our eyes met and we stared at each other. I noticed that she was looking at me like she knew me. I can sense her nervousness and her heart so loud. Then I remembered who was she. I felt irritated when I remembered it, so I changed my stared at her and looked at her irritated. She started to walk towards me without braking her eyes at me. I don't know why, but I felt my heart melt at his pretty eyes. At the corner of my eyes I saw the guy with gray eyes and shoulder length hair calling her name. "Olie" was it her name? I thought and I remembered her name "Volien". The Olie is her nickname and her real name is Volien. I smiled at myself, cause I finally found the long-lost princess of dark witches." I can't explain the feelings in his eyes. I don't know but I felt happy to meet his eyes. There was something I could not explain, the feeling that I never felt in my whole life but only in him. Only in his blue captivated eyes. I looked at my still opened window again and I couldn't help to smile. 

Part 10 - The Same Feelings of Both Sides

Volien's P.O.V

I quickly jumped at my window and ran towards the trunk of the pine tree where I saw the Mystery Guy with blue eyes again standing and looking at me at my room's window. I didn't mind some thorns I stepped and hurt my barefoot in my haste to see the Mystery Guy. But when I came at the pine tree, I didn't see him there. I searched him at the whole place but I couldn't find him even a few strands of his hair.

I came back to my room and sat at my bed, thinking about the mysterious guy. I lay in my bed and stared at my wall. I closed my eyes and the image of his eyes flashed in my mind. I quickly opened my eyes and sat straight on my bed. I touched my chest where my heart is and I felt it was beating so fast and loud like it's gonna skip my chest when I saw the image of his eyes. I can't explain the feelings in his eyes. I don't know but I felt happy to meet his eyes. There was something I could not explain, the feeling that I never felt in my whole life but only in him. Only in his blue captivated eyes. I looked at my still opened window again and I couldn't help to smile.

I walked down the stairs and found Ervix and Feliex talking seriously beside the huge glass window with thick red curtains. I walked towards them and they stopped talking about their serious conversation. Ervix greeted me and kissed me on my forehead. Feliex only smiled at me and I also did to him. I asked Orvix where, and they said our father sent him to Carlon to help him at some serious training. I only nodded my head and bid them goodbye, Ervix asked me where did I go and I said I wanted to walk at the grove and spend time with my favorite spot at the hill. He said he come with me but I refused 'cause I wanted to be alone all day. I ran upstairs again straight to my room and grabbed my guitar. I did not go down again and use our front door to go out. I opened my window and jumped over on it. I safely landed on my feet like a cat without making any noise and started to walk into the grove. 

***************************************************

Mystery Guy's P.O.V

Every step she made towards me, my heart and mind couldn't concentrate to think what I should do next. I felt some strange aura at the place and I used my senses to trace what it is and I saw the guy with gray eyes and long hair change the color of his eyes. When I looked back at Volien and she bumped at tall guy and making her stare at me broke. I used that chance and walked faster towards the dark side of the bar. I hid myself there but still keeping my eyes at the long-lost princess. I saw her still searching me at the whole place but the guy with gray eyes called her and lead her to go up on stage.

I noticed her eyes still rolling at the place hoping to see me. But I did not want her to see me yet, not now. 'Cause all this has a perfect time. After the guy with gray eyes greeted all teen humans here, a waiter handed him a paper and he passed it to his band-mate until he handed it to Volien. And for the first time I saw her sweet smile. I got annoyed at myself when I was hoping that she is giving me that sweetest smile. I used to focus at my mission and not at what my mind was thinking about her. I told to myself that I never thought anything like this about her again. Never about her.

The light went off and the whole place got filled with darkness. I heard all girls giggling and next I heard a sound of a guitar and keyboard started to play. The light slowly turning back and the song started to sing. I saw Volien enjoying playing her guitar, she looked like an angel with her sweet smile and her pretty eyes. Before my mind forgets something I grabbed my phone from my pocket and dialed my cousin's number. I told him I found the long-lost princess and he ordered me to follow her and find out where she lives. I ended the call after he gave me the next order. I grinned at the sight of her while she was singing the chorus of the song along their vocalist while playing guitar. I can't believe that the long-lost princess of dark witches had a beautiful voice like an angel. Part 11: The First Meeting

Ervix's P.O.V.

After we played at the bar, me and Volien were heading to go back home. Volien kept not answering me about some of my questions. The long drive ended and I parked my car in front of our castle. Volien quickly jumped off at my car and ran inside towards the long stairs going to her room, using her vampire speed. I try to call her and say good night, but she kept running and gone out of my sight.

I'm walking to long cold corridor, thinking of some serious s**t that happened at the bar. I could only hear the sound of my shoes in my every steps. When I stop, my feet at the middle of the corridor, I turn my head right to the iron door with a thick chain around it and big four locks in the middle. I step forward at the door and a little voice speaks to me.

"I know why you here," the little girl's voice said and I hear her small laugh. 

"You want the answer for your questions, right?" She said but I keep not answering her and only listened to her. This girl with the age of almost 3000 of years, with still looking young like a 10-year old girl by drinking blood from a hundreds of innocent human babies. Can you give an answer from your questions with a puzzle futures?

"The time is near, just wait and see. One guy will come and he will change and mess everything. Stare at the moon and you will see, the stars give you the answer just trust them. Look at the forest, animals and rivers when they slowly die, only one can save them from these. Choosing only one and everything will be fine. People get sorrow and die painfully but the true love got win, if the one who choose to sacrifice herself."

The voice stops and I can hear nothing again, her words rang at my ears and bring more questions in my mind. "Who's the guy she's talking? And who is the one that choose to save all of us, from sorrow and pain?" I asked myself, and step back at the door. As I was walking away, I saw the moon with a touch of red circling on it. Her voice rang in my ears again saying, "Stare at the moon and you will see." So I did. When I notice, the stars sparkling so bright." The stars give you the answer just trust them". The night is full of questions at me, so I went to my room and lay on my bed. I decided to tell it to Feliex tomorrow before I closed my eyes and I fell asleep.

Volien's P.O.V.

I walked into the forest nearby in our castle, listen at the afternoon wind that blew a tree's leaves that were making some rhythm while the birds were happily singing.

I walked some more minutes and I finally came to my favorite spot, a hill with one big tree. When you were there, you can see the whole view of our castle at the middle of the forest that makes more beautiful. With a background of it was the orange color of sunset.

I sat down, resting my back at the trunk of the big tree seeming the beautiful view in a minutes before I grabbed my guitar at my side, which I put down a while ago. I started to play my guitar and sing a song, "Right here Waiting".

I'm at the middle of the song when I heard some footsteps breaking some dry leaves and dry wood. I stop playing and singing and I quickly stood up. I looked around but I didn't see anyone.

I sat down again suspiciously at my surroundings, sensing every hint of the wind at the trees, but still nothing. I shrugged my shoulders and decided to sing and play again my unfinished song. I started to play my guitar when I heard some footstep again, walking towards me. I quickly turn my head and saw who it was. My heart started to beat so fast again when I saw him 5 feet away from me and his blue eyes almost covering of his dark brown hair is meeting my brown one. I managed to ask, "who is he?" But he only gave me a perfect smile.

Relic is the story of the upheaval of a vampire cell in Nosnam and the redemption of a man. It had been over a century since the war ended but the tension in the dining room dismissed anyone's idea that the battles were over.

Milford Henning, nicknamed Miles, ran fingers over his head feeling stubble and melted skin beneath them. The roughness of the scars already was smoothing out as his new vampiric constitution began healing his injury from his execution the night before.

"According to tradition we have open our doors and our larder to our Fae cousins in celebration to not only the ongoing truce but the induction of another member to the vampire family." Lorenzo head of the Vampire 'family' in Nosnam sat down after the polite clapping.

Formalities were looked to as a guideline by both sides to skirt any potential disaster restarting the bloody war.

Trays were brought out by human servants, Lorenzo's personal stock, serving the appropriate thing to the ambassadors from the Fae, or Fairy, nation.

Staring at his mug of blood Miles steeled himself to drink it, the first time after the change he realized how sweet and hearty blood was but his human sensibilities refused to go without a fight.

Taking a tentative sip and instantly his new nature took over and he drained the entire thing in one swig.

A dryad, or an earth Fae, held her forkful of salad between her mouth and plate staring at Miles in fascination.

"Das dear," An almost completely liquid woman said, a naiad or water Fae, elbowing Das." It's impolite to gape. I'm sorry not everyone has forgotten their manners I'm," gurgling and splashing, "Though you may call me Bess."

After an hour of stilted conversations with Bess and Das punctuated by a cough or grunt by a minotaur in a three-piece suit Lorenzo called an end to the dinner.

Retiring to his coffin filled with soil from around his grave Miles buried himself in unable to forget the look Das had given him.

As his mind calmed down Miles didn't sleep anymore but entered a kind of coma where his heart slowed with the rising of the sun but his mind continued on unhindered.

Miles, when he was a free human, had worked at a concrete facility cutting slabs of the stuff for a local mining company mainly.

On paying weekends he and his girl at the time would spend their time at the local bar 'The Fox Hole.'

The image of The Fox Hole dissipated as his coffin lid was removed and light poured in from the great cavern were most of the coffins were located.

"Name's Michael Lorenzo told me to teach you to hunt for yourself, so let's going I have things to do." Michael left Miles to work his way up.

The two made their way to the city of Nosnam from the compound situated outside in the rural area surrounding the great metropolis.

Michael didn't have to do much but tell Miles the basic rules of an appropriate prey and left the rest to Miles.

His instincts took control telling Miles what to do as his thirst over ruled and destroyed the last of his human nature.

Taking down the transient Miles found himself alone once he was done, Michael had taken off. At a loss at what to do next Miles decided to check out the city and easily blended into the crowd as a new vitality coursed through his veins.

The thought to check up on his old girlfriend and friends didn't even pass through his mind as he became enthralled by the beating hearts of those around him. New vampire Miles gets into the thick of things. hou Shall Not Kill.

It's a simple statement not easily misunderstood and Miles wasn't a religious person when he was human but he had heard this often and knew what it meant. In his new condition Miles still understood it and what it meant yet with a hunger burning in him it didn't come down to morals but need.

Miles could only hope his actions wouldn't be held against him in the end any more so than the kills a lion does to survive. Others of his new kind didn't bother with worrying about any other afterlife Lorenzo says they are immortal and they believe it blindly.

Yet Miles still remembered another little saying, All Good Things Must Come to an End.

It wasn't too difficult for Miles to adjust to living in the night and found himself craving things he never had before, knowledge. His mind began craving new things like the rest of him and it wasn't too worrying to Miles as long as he could hold on to his crucifix without trouble he was at peace.

Following Michael, Miles' guide, Miles soon found out that most things children fear in the dark was hiding around and in Nosnam preying on humans or defending their turf humans have encroached upon.

Racing over rooftops Miles still found it difficult to keep up with Michael being nowhere near his speed yet as his body still was functioning on human muscles for the most part.

Lorenzo had explained to Miles the night of his turning that vampirism was as much a spell as a virus and spells needed time to work.

Reaching their destination, a slaughterhouse, Michael went inside alone on coven business ordered by Lorenzo. Miles got the job of lookout though he wasn't told what to be looking out for.

Standing guard across the street next to a lamp post in front of an apartment complex in decline Miles could only pick up muffled sounds that might have been voices. A few minutes went by of this muffled conversation until Michael came shuffling out coming straight to Miles hunched over carrying something of incredible weight to tax Michael.

"It's time to see if you can fight as well as your muscles suggest, hold off the security while I get this back. End of training." Michael said as an afterthought before dumping a chest in the backseat of a car that pulled up to speeding off.

Miles' confusion didn't last long when a man came running out of the slaughterhouse heading straight for Miles.

In his past life, as Miles now called it, he wasn't afraid to brawl with strangers or men larger than he. Yet from his readings and Michael's impromptu lessons Miles knew that this mentality wasn't just unhealthy now but completely deadly one to have.

Miles did what had been drilled into him in grade school in his past life he turned and ran away or more accurately he scampered straight up the apartment building wall like a cat up a tree.

Reaching the top he got a surprise, the man was waiting for him wearing a full-length trench coat with a cloud of greenish vapor hanging around its feet.

"Look it." He said.

"It isn't the right one." Said another voice.

"Vampire." The first voice whined.

"Yes vampire, but not right one." Chided the second voice.

The man tilted it's head the entire conversation with himself he hadn't moved his lips and Miles couldn't tell any emotion on his face, yet something fixed Miles to the spot.

"Kill it." A third voice said with finality and with that word the greenish vapor swirled around the man's body hiding him from view.

As the vapor cleared away Miles didn't know whether to laugh or cry, a three-headed mastiff dog stood in place of the man.

Crouching down the dog lunged forward snarling breaking Miles out of the trance he had been in taking a swipe from a paw across his left side.

Gripping his wounded side he watched as the beast sniffed its paw and lick Miles' blood off it making a yummy sound.

Acting on instinct Miles leaped from the roof onto another one, flying through the air he realized his mistake when he saw pavement rushing up at him.

On the roof of the building Miles had leaped from the beast could hardly believe what it had seen, on the road it couldn't even tell if there was anything left of the vampire.

Miles laid on the road feeling like minced meat before his mind shut down to protect it from the onslaught of pain.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

"Das this is a bad idea, the suck-heads are already looking for what if they look here?"

"Don't worry Bess once he remembers it'll be worth the risk."

Opening his eyes Miles took stock of himself, the pain had eased up into a whole body toothache. An i.v. was stuck in his arm giving him blood and he was bound to the hospital bed with silver shackles, he had a view of the ceiling of a cavern.

"He's awake." Said the first voice on the edge of panic.

"Get the psychic I'll talk to him. Miles?" A face moved into view that Miles remembered as Das the dryad from his dinner.

"Keep calm we're going to help." she said some other words though he didn't catch as the pain came back in a wave.

Once his vision cleared an old woman he'd never seen before had her thumb pressed against his forehead saying something under her breath.

Opening his mouth to protest a jolt of electricity shot through his head blacking out his vision and bringing memories of his past life he'd forgotten to the front. Vampire Miles takes a trip to his childhood and introducing the lone werewolf in Nosnam, Matt Brees. He had heard the howls of some dogs letting loose their frustration at losing prey, Matt was able to discern the meaning of most of the yelps, yips, whimpers, growls, and howls of any canine.

Matthew Brees was himself a werewolf and could converse with dogs almost as easily as with human though he refused to sniff any butts.

20 years old Matt attended the University of Nosnam undeclared along with his girlfriend Lisa Wolfe.

"Jeez scared the crap outta me." Lisa gasped reclaiming her dropped book.

"Yeah, wonder what they're going on about." Matt hadn't told anyone his secret.

Matt was on a backpacking expedition in Germany with Lisa and some friends after graduation high school. One night while camping near the Black Forest, Matt was attacked by a wild dog, it was the last night of the full moon.

"I don't know and I don't care, how about we call it a night. I could use a message." Lisa ended anymore talk of dogs or thoughts of the past.

********************************************************

Miles heard the screaming in his dreams waking him up, trying to flip on the room lights, he began to panic when they didn't come one.

8 years old Miles no longer had a night-light in his room but he did have a long metal flashlight, the kind police use, from under his bed.

Brandishing the flashlight like a sword he made sure the hall was clear before leaving his room. Flipping the hall light he got the same results as in his room.

The power had gone out and Miles knew deep down that he no longer wished to go to his parent's room but run out the front door, out of the apartment.

"It's okay Milford," Miles heard in his head, confused cause he made sure no one called him Milford. "Go to the room it'll be safe there."

Taking a hesitant step toward the room he heard a chuckle, not like his father's booming joyful laugh inviting others to join in with him, but a cold spiteful laugh of a homicidal monster.

Dropping the flashlight Miles turned around and took a few running steps before tripping over his own feet onto the carpet.

"Fine we'll do it the hard way." The voice curtly said.

Miles found himself dragged down the hall toward the monster in his parent's room letting loose a stream of curses he'd heard his father mutter when playing cards with his buddies.

Grabbing the flashlight as he passed it he lighted his feet seeing no one dragging him but he saw the door to his parent's room fly open revealing a gaping nothingness.

Miles renewed his struggle clawing at the carpet and wall as he went.

"Please don't struggle Miles, it'll be over soon." This voice he could barely hear though for a moment he thought he should recognize it.

That moment of distraction was enough to get Miles to the threshold, Miles did the only thing any scared 8-year-old boy could do, he shut his eyes and gripped the flashlight tight to his chest.

Passing through the threshold Miles felt a chill pass through his body then heard a thump as the door shut behind him.

"Boy," A harsh whisper reminding Miles of two bricks grating together. "Remember this day I'll be coming back for you."

Feeling hands grip his shoulders, Miles opened his eyes seeing a crimson flushed face hovering before him twisted by rage.

"You won't be protected forever little hunter." With those words the monster fled from the room.

Miles was left standing in soiled pants next to his murdered parents.

"That's what he needed to bring him out." Das stood at Miles' side as the psychic brought him back from his past.

Feeling a light touch on his arm Miles flung himself away turning the bed over onto himself still shackled by the silver cuffs.

"Miles!" Rushing around Das helped him up removing the cuff from the bed.

"His coffin is prepared, Das." A man informed them standing in the shadows at the door. "The sun is coming up."

Miles was led deeper underground to a cavern with a single coffin calling to Miles.

"Don't worry Miles it'll all be explained once you rise again." Das said as Miles settled the lid in place over him.

"Michael." Miles said as his body shut down for the day.

********************************************************

"Matthew Brees."

Waking with a start Matt looked around his bedroom uncomprehending and half asleep. Wrapping his arm around Lisa Matt fell back asleep forgetting that he'd even been disturbed.

Looking through the window at the couple Michael couldn't help the little outburst.

Not only did he retrieve the Blood Amulet and get rid of Miles, both on Lorenzo's orders, but he finally found the last werewolf living in Nosnam.

He had first caught its scent eight months earlier though it was deteriorating to quickly to follow.

A few nights a week Michael scoured the city hitting the scent here and there unable to pinpoint its home.

Leaving Miles to die at the maw of the hell-hound Michael caught the scent as he got into the car.

As Matt fell back asleep Michael left as the sun was beginning to rise. The vampire Miles come to a decision. Pine assaulted Matt's senses more accurately than normal as he was on his daily run through the West Park. The closer it came to the True Moon his senses would get stronger day by day.

On his runs Matt would usually spend the time thinking on pressing issues like an exam coming up like the one in Biology or he would let it drift off on its own. But on this day he couldn't get his mind off the scent of death he picked that morning.

He knew he wasn't the only supernatural being in Nosnam, he could smell or feel their weirdness as he passed them on the street. This though he had never smelled before and could only guess at what it could be.

First he thought it might be a zombie they would smell like death but Matt couldn't figure out how an unthinking and stiff creature could have gotten all that was up the fire escape on the third floor to Matt's window or why.

The only other thing Matt thought it could be, was something that made his skin crawl, a vampire would probably also smell like death. Having no one to help him in the supernatural world and their rules Matt hoped the movies were wrong and he hadn't just gotten caught in the middle of a species war. 

************************************************************

"Lay him out!" Carrie yelled over the fight to Miles.

The Fox Hole would require another renovation after the night was over, people were fighting all over the place using anything within reach as a weapon. It had been set off by Miles and his opponent Steve after an argument over a billiard match.

When the fight was over Miles was the last man standing over a dead Steve with a pool cue in his hands and the cops rounding everybody up.

Feeling his body come back under control, again Miles pushed up on the thin oak lid of the emergency coffin set up for him two nights ago, he hadn't been told why they had saved him.

Henry Monterrey had actually done the saving unable to prevent Michael from taking the vampire relic known as the Blood Amulet he watched as the goblin's bodyguard a hellhound tore up Miles. Bess filled in the missing pieces to Miles', a few of the Fae didn't trust the truce set up with Lorenzo he had decimated the Fae in Nosnam whether they were fighters or not forcing the others to run or hide.

Das, Bess had explained, recognized Miles' surname in the newspaper leading up to his execution from the histories as one of the few hunter families operating in North America. The Hennings had been wiped out twenty-two years earlier on Lorenzo's orders and executed by his number two Michael, everybody was murdered except for the Hennings' eight year old boy who was protected by a blood pact to spare the lives of children in Nosnam.

Knocking off some of the dirt that had clung to him, Miles noticed Henry watching him from the doorway. In the pale electric lights Miles' could see the dark circles under his eyes.

"I'll take you to the council chamber." Henry said before leaving the small cavern. Their base was set up in a small cave system unmapped outside Nosnam.

Henry led Miles to a door he hadn't seen before in the base. It reached from the ceiling to the ground made of timber as big around as his arm lashed together by thick ropy vines.

Stepping inside Miles experienced a moment of disorientation when he found himself not in another cavern by what appeared to be a log cabin with a giant hearth with everybody standing around it.

The dryad Das was stooped before the hearth with a poke scooting a fallen log back in the fire, the naiad Bess embraced Henry when he came in. Oarui, the ogre and unofficial leader, waddled over to Miles with his giant belly leading the way.

"Welcome to Fairy Land Miles or that's what the humans call it I like to call it home. Would you like something to drink Miles?" Oarui guided Miles' attention over a wet bar that wasn't there a moment before.

"I'll tell you what I want Oarui, I want to know why Henry had decided to save me your enemy and why you kept me here now." Miles said after tasting something not quiet blood but seemed to fill him almost just as well.

"You make it sound as if you're our prisoner Miles and there is no war right now so we can't have prisoners but guests." Oarui rumbled losing his good nature as he spoke.

"I rescued you because I find it difficult to turn a blind eye on a hurt animal, and you're here as our guest," Henry looked at Oarui, "because we hope to turn you to our side and bring Lorenzo down to cement the peace between our species. Lorenzo has gone mad over the centuries and turning a hated enemy, you, into what your blood has fought for almost as long as he has lived is proof of his demented mind."

Turning away from everyone Miles tried to sort everything out, but only coming to the conclusion to leave it all behind until he found Das at his side looking at him with her large brown eyes.

"Please," Das choked out, the first words she'd said to him in the past two days. "We need your help."

Looking at the dryad, Miles felt his heart twist at the desperation in her voice deciding in that moment to stay though he didn't know it at the time that he had. 

************************************************************

Two nights after acquiring The Blood Amulet, Lorenzo proudly wore the relic said to contain the blood of the first vampire.

Michael left the compound with two tamed minotaurs to track down the werewolf before the true moon rose the next night.

Beginning at the apartment the Fae reacted quiet violently nearly tipping the horse trailer they were being transported in over.

Setting out on foot Michael held the minotaurs' leashes, as they tracked the werewolf Matt Brees out of Nosnam into the countryside surrounding the city.

Three hours later with the tree line of the west woods before them and the lights of Nosnam behind them the minotaurs began bellowing and struggling against their leashes until Michael let them loose.

The beasts ran into the woods giving out great bellows accompanied by the snarls and growls of a wolf.

After ten minutes a beast come out on all four feet stalking toward Michael. "Ah, here you are Michael. I see you brought our friend along as well." Lorenzo stepped tentatively to the silver imbued cage containing the werewolf banging and snarling inside. "Hush or you won't get your doggy treat." He laughed.

Two guards took the dolly from Michael's hands and wheeled the beast out of the mansion's foyer.

Grabbing Michael by the shoulder Lorenzo led Michael to his den, a giant altar to the printed word and knick-knacks from different parts of the world.

"Blood, you seem to have gotten a cut or two." Lorenzo chuckled unable to get off the high he'd gotten on, with The Blood Amulet and a lone werewolf his plans were coming together a lot faster than anticipated. 

**********************************************************

"Are you certain? No of course I trust you it's just unexpected. The devil take it all!" Oarui snapped hanging up the phone melting back into the wooden table in Oarui's Fairy Land. "He's got the wolf too, just out on our front door Gretta sensed it. Our plans must be put into action tomorrow night, they'll not want to wait."

"What wolf and why is it important?" Miles asked as the others began leaving through the door back into the caverns.

Looking back Das nodded to the others to leave.

"Oarui learned that The Blood Amulet contains the blood of the vampire's progenitor, with this he can increase his personal power to that of a millenniums old vampire. But as with most things it will only work with the blood of a lone werewolf forgotten or unknown to any other pack."

"Wait, but Lorenzo is the one who had rid Nosnam of all the werewolves twenty years ago. Why not keep one for the amulet?"

Pulling a book from the table, that had held a wet bar and then a phone, she showed the volume to Mile's. 'Supernatural Secrets: The Hidden World'.

"A former reporter had this published a couple of years back as a piece of fiction, it's all true and detailed." 

The vampire Miles comes home to Lorenzo. The group readied themselves for battle using Miles' sketches and report from spies to draw up a plan of attack. Oarui believed he had a workable plan.

Sitting in the dinner hall a couple of hours before the sunset Henry, Bess, and Oarui were seated at the same table.

"I have a question." Henry said to Oarui.

"Hush." Bess said meaningfully already knowing what he was about to ask.

"It's okay Bess, what is it?" Oarui asked slathering another piece of bread generously with butter popping the whole thing in his mouth.

"Well it seems we would stand a better chance of succeeding, if we attacked during the day when they all sleep and not wait until they were awake and hungry."

"We need it to be public, Lorenzo has the amulet and they will worship him like a god, not to mention the power, and his death has to be public to prevent something like this from happening again." The ogre rumbled.

"Why do we need Miles again?" Henry asked.

"Because we need someone to signal us when the time's right."

"And to help the last of the Hennings to achieve retribution for the slaughter of his family, who helped set this network up." Das added drawing Oarui's ire away from Henry.

"Of course." Oarui rumbled shoveling roasted vegetables on to his plate.

Matt woke up bruised all over sitting on a stone floor of a jail cell without a window.

Moving to a cot in the corner and donning a thin robe Matt couldn't help but to shake as the cell was freezing.

Banging on the bars no one to shut him up, snapping a leg off the wooden cot Matt began working on the mortar around the stones flaking off chips smaller than his pinky nail.

Taking a break from his work Matt sat on the wobbly cot sniffing a plate of fruit, that was sitting with the robe, checking for poison before consuming.

Finishing off the plate Matt redoubled his efforts on the mortar.

He walked through the front door of the mansion to the astonishment of everyone.

It didn't take long for Lorenzo and Michael to hear that Miles had returned home.

Michael went to get Miles and bring him to Lorenzo in his upper office.

"Miles," Michael interrupted as the man in Miles arm he was feeding on fell to the floor. "I'm happy to see you alive, the goblins have been boasting that their hell-hound had killed you."

"Obviously they made a mistake." Miles said following Michael.

"Lorenzo wishes to hear your story as would I." Michael said knocking on a mahogany door.

Entering Lorenzo's den Lorenzo stood up from behind his desk as a human girl fell dead to the floor. "Miles you've returned!" He gripped Miles in a bear hug.

"Please sit and tell me everything, Michael make Miles a drink."

After Michael handed Miles a Bloody Mary made with real blood Miles began. "Well after Michael volunteered me to fight off the hell-hound.."

"Wait, Michael you volunteered Miles?" Lorenzo asked with mock irritation.

"The amulet is more important than anyone's life." Michael said placating Lorenzo's false emotion.

"Continue." Lorenzo bid.

Miles told a tale of escaping the beast and dragging his ruined body to the only safe place, his grave in Nosnam Cemetery. Waiting out the days underground he fed at night on anything he could find until he had the strength to capture a human and return home.

"Great!" Lorenzo said standing up ending the conversation. "I want you at my side tonight at the ritual with Michael, after you get cleaned up of course." He said looking pointedly at Miles' ragged clothing. 

Das had some difficulty getting the roots to crumble away the mortar on the south side wall of the main mansion, all in preparation for the attack that night.

Gripping a small revolver in one hand Das nodded to Oarui and Henry some ways back, they watched as Miles walked into the mansion then they waited. Miles secreted a transmitter in with him, turning it on was his signal.

"Remember," Oarui whispered, "garlic shots only we don't want to restart the war."

Each member of the assault team had two different rounds of them. A garlic round to knock the vampires out and silver/rose wood rounds to kill.

"Oarui." Henry shook his phone indicating he'd received the signal from Miles inside the mansion with Lorenzo and Michael.

"If you can't get Lorenzo get the wolf." Oarui said passing through the weakened wall using his ancestral great hammer.

************************************************************

Matt's guards arrived and shackled him as he began to smell fresh air through a small hole he'd dug in the wall.

They marched Matt to a marble chamber, it's size would put the largest chapel in Rome to shame, and attached a steel collar around his neck and chained it to the center of the floor taking off the shackles.

Standing in the cold chamber Matt could feel the scent of death sinking into his very soul.

Through the gigantic oak double doors, the only entrance Matt could see, vampires began filing into the chamber taking position around the columns in the bare chamber.

The only adorations besides the steel eye bolted to the floor was a big black on black tapestry hanging on the wall across the chamber from the doors with designs that require concentration to see.

Three vampires moved through the vampire horde as if they were vampiric royalty, none of the three dressed similarly one in a half-open button shirt and black slacks, another in monk robes, and the third that parted the crowd wore a ceremonial robe of bright red and detailed in gold.

"We are at the beginning of a legend." The obvious leader projected underneath the black on black tapestry yanking down the tapestry revealing a circular window almost as big as the tapestry. "As the beast changes our future as the head of the vampire nations will be unlocked, and I shall be your king!"

His words were met by hisses from the crowd setting Matt's teeth on edge, the chic dressed vampire under the window, pressed a button on a little black box that he quickly replaced in his pocket.

"With this blood, that of the first, this beast before us will revive the magic to bring us back to the top." The leader pulled a necklace over his head, a gold amulet with a glass vial resting inside it.

"Michael Miles bring me the wolf, the moon rises." 

The master vampire Lorenzo moves to complete his plan, as Miles helps a group of Fae bring the mad vampire down before the werewolf Matt is sacrificed. 

Michael clenched Matt's mouth shut forcing him to drink the blood from the amulet, Lorenzo had poured into the werewolf's throat.

"By the dark we hunt. By the dark we live." Lorenzo preached to his crowd reciting a spell from 'Supernatural Secrets: The Hidden World'.

The chanting stopped when Matt curled up on the floor and began screaming bloody murder and clawing at his skin drawing blood and the crowd's attention. Miles could hear bones breaking as Matt twisted on the ground.

After five minutes of the screaming and popping finally a wolf of enormous size and blackest fur straining against its leash binding it to the spot.

"Behold the giver of our future!" Lorenzo laughed as the wolf lunged at the crowd causing the gathered vampires to flinch.

Nodding to Miles Michael stepped within the wolf's reach causing him to charge at the vampire allowing Miles to grab the giant from behind.

As Miles held to wolf Michael held out a muzzle of silver stopping, when he heard the sound of metal snapping looking to Miles.

Holding out the chain Miles had finished what the wolf had started snapping a worn out link. "Time to see if you can fight."

**************************************************************

The mansion was a maze confusing Das' impeccable sense of direction every dryad had from birth.

Oarui, though, moved with a purpose from room to room dispatching any vampire he encountered with his club. The club stank of garlic he'd soaked it in paralyzing the vampires unless the ogre got lucky.

"Bravo Team on me!" The human Henry shouted leading a group of Fae down to the sleeping dungeons.

Das followed Oarui and seven others to the ceremony chamber where an aerosol solution of garlic was sprayed into the room, knocking out the vampires within except for the strongest one.

Retrieving a silver hooked blade Oarui attached it to his garlic imbued club by way of a socket. "No more running." The ogre growled under his breath.

**************************************************************

"Traitor!" Lorenzo shrieked as the wolf tore into his second in command.

Shaking its head the wolf snapped its jaws around Michael's heart, turning its head toward Lorenzo.

Though Matt Brees couldn't remember what the wolf did three nights a month, the wolf had full access to Matt's memories and emotions as if they were his own. Satisfying his own revenge against the decayed tormentor the wolf turned its sights on its human counter part's tormentor and launched itself at the thing.

Moving like lighting Lorenzo stepped out-of-the-way and helped the wolf on its journey out the large window. Turning back to the chamber Miles and all his other children were slumped on the ground as a strong garlic stench hung in the air.

"It's done." Oarui boomed standing in the doorway as eight others moved throughout the chamber securing Lorenzo's vampires.

"Oarui." Lorenzo whispered before flinging himself out the window and into the night with no sign of the wolf in sight.

**************************************************************

"Afterwards Miles moved to Fairy Land with Das to enjoy each others company and the Fae sun filtered by the reality shift safe for Miles.

"Every search for the mad vampire master ended in vain, Lorenzo's old cell was swallowed up by another operating in southern Nosnam.

"Finally the lone werewolf of Nosnam left settling in neighboring Salem with a pack giving him protection from the vampire nation."

"What does this have to do with us?" Alisha asked picking a choice chicken thigh from the picnic basket.

"I want you to appreciate and be aware of the importance of my pack moving here." Aias, Pack Alpha of the new Nosnam Pack, said draining the rest of his beer.

"Two questions, was there any side effects from the blood Matt swallowed and where did you learn all the detail? I've heard this story before vaguely." Aias' daughter inquired.

"No side effects, once he changed back to human the spell was broken. As for the other question, well let's say there is more than one copy of 'Supernatural Secrets.'" Aias chuckled at Alisha's face.



© 2013 Phoenix


Author's Note

Phoenix
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on April 6, 2013
Tags: Fantasy Vampire


Author

Phoenix
Phoenix

Ottawa, ON, Canada



About
May redo Entered the Glare In Glass will be taking out a few other books since they are not doing so well on reviews. Till I know for sure there will be more readers to read them. But always going to .. more..

Writing
Full Moon Full Moon

A Poem by Phoenix