The Oligarchy

The Oligarchy

A Chapter by Phoenix
"

The Oligarchy

"

The Council Of Oligarchs


The Council of Oligarchs (sometimes nicknamed 'The Oligarchy') is a group of six vampires who are the main source of governing for the supernaturals of Schydar. Their main goal is to keep the existence of Vampires and all supernatural creatures hidden from human knowledge as well as to suppress human resistance groups. They have developed a system of rules and laws to govern their people and each of the six members of the Oligarchy have a specific set role for monitoring The City of Schydar. The Oligarchy's roots can be traced back hundreds of years to even before the city was built. The Oligarchy has always controlled the land which Schydar rests upon and view it as their property. They are considered a recognized branch of vampire run government under AFD.

Ranks and Positions



There exists six seats on the Council of Oligarchs that are only assigned to Vampires and permit no other species. Today, none of the original members of Council of Oligarchs have managed to retain their seat, as all have either disappeared or been killed by members who would then take their rank. Members who hail from the same bloodline of the original six Council of Oligarch do still exist and bloodline is considered essential to holding a position.

The Head Oligarch

The Head Oligarch is the face of The Council of Oligarchs, the one whom the mayor of the city talks to and any mortals who know about Vampires and the The Council of Oligarchs would know him/her by name. He/she is the supposed most powerful and holds the most weight politically in the clan. The only way to become The Head Oligarch is to kill the previous Head Oligarch, which means to keep their position the vampire usually has to be one of the most powerful of the city, or good at bribery. Those who are not officially 'killed' usually disappears from the city and are never heard or seen from again.

Oligarch Advisor

The Oligarch Advisor is the second in command- if something were to happen to the Head of Oligarchy, traditionally they would take the role if the other vampires in the clan were not stronger than the Oligarch Advisor. Typically the Oligarch Advisor is the second most powerful- or the same exact level of power as the Head of Oligarchy, making he/she fierce competition for the head of the clan, and always under close watch. The Oligarch Advisor manages most of the court rulings and arranges punishments that the Head of Oligarchy decides for those who violated the Oligarchy's rule.

First Council (Demons)

The First Council is the title of the Vampire who specializes in the monitoring and managing of demons- and those closely related. He/she is typically supposed to serve as the 'voice of the group', the unchosen leader who makes major decisions and keeps tabs on the species. The First Council knows everything going on in the city related to demons and is personally responsible for meeting them face to face. He/she is privileged with the power to send any demon, much to their distaste, back to hell via spell whenever they chose, making the First Council both feared and hated by the demon community.

Second Council (Angelical Creations)

The Second Council's duty is the management of all Angels, Fallen, Dark, or current . Since Vampires aren't particularly liked by those of godlike creations, the Second Council treads lightly, attempting not to stir the pot but knowing very well how to disarm and damn an Angel to the ground. He/she is specialized in creating Fallen Angels, which are usually not a threat to anyone due to their lack of power, as well as killing Dark Angels.

Third Council (Incorporeal Beings)

The Fourth Council is responsible for Incorporeal Beings, anything that inhabits a body, which on occasion crosses over to demons. For the most part he/she will manage creatures like Banshee, Ghosts and Spirits and those rare creatures who come from different realms and posses human bodies to control.

Fourth Council (Fae)


The Fourth Council is the title of the Vampire who specializes in managing and monitoring Fae. This includes species such as elves, humans with gifted abilities (witches and wizards) and the illusive Faeries. This has over the centuries become the most difficult position to maintain and often requires intervention of the other council positions to maintain threats to the Council of Oligarchs that these specific groups may pose. This position is currently empty as the vampire filling the seat has recently been assassinated.

Contraversey


Within the Supernatural community there has been much protest over The Oligarchs Council and their insistence upon ruling all other species. At times this has resulted in war and sometimes the veil of secrecy has been lifted off the Supernatural community- but not for long. Rosecourt Cliff was specifically established by The Oligarch Council to deal with humans who had become aware and verbally spoke about the awareness of Supernaturals during period of times where their presence had been known such as The Great Demon Revolt.Those who know about vampires but do not speak of them to the public are usually left alone.

The inhabitation of Gavin Magadam


During the 2007 Mayor elections, the Oligarchy throughly investigated Democratic Gavin Magadam who they found unsuitable to rule Schydar with his possible alliances with human Resistance groups. Permission was granted through the Oligarchy Courts for a demon to posses Gavin Magadam's body without explicit permission until after the time of the election to successfully sign him out of the race and allow other more flexible candidates to win. There is debate in the Supernatural community of whether or not this was a breech of Universal Theocracy of rules and regulations for all Supernatural Beings.

Alliance With Demons

While the Demon population is opposed to being controlled by anyone but their own, Demons have come to a sort of agreement with Vampires. The Oligarch Council lets demons have a little extra freedom and do what they want, although incidents like The Factory Worker Strangler have caused these freedoms to be narrowed. There are several demons who have been allowed to have high-profile interactions with humans so long as they keep tabs with First Council. See: Clement Depierre.

Interactions with Magick Creatures

 

The Oligarchy Courts


The Oligarchy Courts is the primary method of management and law of The Oligarchy. When an individual is sent to appear before the courts it usually ends in a death sentence or severe punishment. The courts are run primarily by The Oligarch Council, and each assigned Oligarch Council Member will deal with their assigned species unless the issue is grave enough for The Head Oligarch or Oligarch Advisor to interfere. All laws and guidelines are listed in the document "Universal Theocracy of rules and regulations for all Supernatural Beings", often referred to as "The Laws".



© 2013 Phoenix


Author's Note

Phoenix
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on April 9, 2013
Last Updated on April 9, 2013
Tags: Fantasy Vampire


Author

Phoenix
Phoenix

Ottawa, ON, Canada



About
May redo Entered the Glare In Glass will be taking out a few other books since they are not doing so well on reviews. Till I know for sure there will be more readers to read them. But always going to .. more..

Writing
Full Moon Full Moon

A Poem by Phoenix