chapters

chapters

A Chapter by Phoenix

Chapter 11-12

Chapter 11

Nick's SOS

The war was over. All of us had Akari & Emanuel surrounded.

"So... This is the end for you Emanuel..."

"Is it really Nick?"

"Don't play head games with me a*****e... Come fight me like a man."

He remained silent.

"Why... Hello Siren. Glad you made it"

"Siren?. Akari what is this" Emanuel asked alarmed

"I'm back.... Thanks to her" Siren nodded in Akari's direction

"What is the meaning of this Akari?"

"Do not question me Emanuel... I have reason for everything I do....... Have I ever not?"

"I'd like to know... I thought you wanted me dead Akari"

"Oh, dead is an understatement. I did... Want you dead... But not at the hands of some miscreant. You disappointed me. I won't hold it against you though. Thorne played dirty... & Love can blind a woman. Your just like your grandmother. Fallen at the hands of her lover.. Or to you, your grandfather."

"What?.... No,.that can't be, you're a lair!"

"Oh but it's true... You see, if you die, it'll be at my hands... Not at the hands of emanuels unworthy minions"

"Akari... Your blood is mine"

"Hmm.... Hello Legacy,.i see you traded us for... Them... I hope your love for Jayne is worth your life, seeing as though you'll be watching her back from now on"

"Once, your dead there will be no need.... & no one else is after her so..." I defended.

"There will be, by tomorrow morning who's to say you'll see the morning"

"Oh Nick... Did you forget who I am"

Akari began to chant in a language I couldn't understand

"Tal e oot mana jay.vee tooo pay!"

The trees rustled & the wind whipped. Sand filled the air, blinding us all.

"Goodbye everyone"

They vanished

"WHAT!? NO! IT CAN'T BE! NO! "

"Nick.... Relax"

"No.... Emylee this is supposed to be over.... All of that work for nothing."

"It's okay Nick... It will be over... Just not as soon as we thought"

BLUSHING! ?

Chapter 12

Emylee's SOS

I could feel myself waking up. I felt surprisingly jubilant this morning. I don't understand why. I remember last night, like it happened minutes ago. I don't know what was happening though. I wonder how I got in my room.

WAIT! this isn't my room.. how the hell did all of my stuff get here. The walls are even black like my room. The posters are in the same exact place, these are my sheets. But my closet is on the opposite side of the room. Where am I? I thought

I began to panic, so I threw my covers off me, and was about to get up when I saw this folded piece of paper on the pillow next to me.

Dear Emylee,

I know you're probably confused, and maybe a bit afraid. I know you're probably wondering where you are and how the hell you got here. Just get yourself together, grab a shower and get dressed. When your done, come downstairs, and we'll explain everything to you. Things will be different from now on. Just though I should warn you. SO HURRY!

-Siren

I ran to my closet, and pulled out a pair of plaid pink and gray skinny jeans, some gray converse with pink strings, and a white v-neck crop top. It showed off my abs perfectly, I loved this shirt. Funny how I'm excited about clothes in all this confusion.

I ran and took a 10 minute shower, and when I was done, I did the pre-dressing routine (lotion deodorant perfume etc.) then I put on my clothes.

I went over to the mirror in my dresser. I went in my drawer, and found my make up kit, Straighteners, and curlers. I straightened my long black hair after forcibly brushing out the knots. I grabbed my skinny-toothed comb and combed through my bangs. I applied eyeliner, and mascara. When I was done, I checked myself in the mirror. WOW I thought.

I noticed the weirdest, most alarming thing

"MY EYES...." I breathed

"They- they-they're pink" I whispered. Devastated. I need answers... what happened to me?

Siren's SOS

"Nick... you think she's awake yet?"

"I don't know.. maybe" he answered nonchalantly. I guess it didn't matter. He was eating a cheeseburger.

"Have you had blood today Nick?" Am I choking" he asked

"I get it, just asking, no need to be rude" I said

Even though we are vampires, we can still eat human food with no problem. But the only catch is, if you don't have blood at least once before you eat any human food, you'll choke, and won't be able to swallow. If we wanna eat, we gotta drink blood.

"Well, I'm hungry and your making me talk, which is stopping me from being able to eat"

"Whatever brother"

"I wonder if she's a protector like us" Nick said

"Oh, so now your talking" I asked in a sassy tone

"Yes I am, problem?"

I just gave him a look that said no

"Maybe she is... I wonder, we'll see when she comes down here..if she comes down here" I said

"Yeah, I guess so" Nick said

"Maybe you should put on a shirt, that way you won't freak her out when she comes" I said

"No, this is MY house, so if I wanna go topless, then so be it, besides, I'm guessing she won't have a problem with it" he said as he pointed his fingers at himself, showcasing his body."

"WOW.. conceited much?"

"No little sister.. confidence" he said. I just laughed.

Chapter 13-15

Chapter 13

Nick's SOS

Me and Siren were just talking when she came down the stairs. She looked beautiful. Just like she did in that picture I saw. Her hair cascaded all the way down to her hips. She had the same curves as her mom, from what I saw the other night... which was a lot.

He hair was jet black, and her skin was flawless. The crop top she had on was driving me into a wild frenzy of some sort. My hormones were all over the place. I wish they would disappear when we turn, but even in living death they still kill teen boys like me.

I couldn't breathe because of the massive lump I had in my throat. My mind kept telling me to say something, but my mouth wouldn't open

"Um... hi" she said

"HI!" Siren said. She ran over to her and embraced her in a seriously tight hug.

"H- hi" I said. she smiled at me, and I was pretty sure I was blushing

"Can either of you please tell me what's going on" she sweetly, and worriedly asked

"Emylee... You're a... Dead" Siren said skeptically

"Dead? I'm standing right here, what do you mean I'm dead?" Emylee asked

"Your living... in death.. basically" Jayne said

"Siren, just tell her" I said

"Okay Okay, Emylee.. Em if I can call you that?"

"Yea sure" she answered

"You're an immortal...a... A Vampire" Siren said

Emylee just had the most surprised face. She must have thought we were whack jobs.

Chapter 14

Emylee's SOS

"HAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!" I busted into hysterical laughter. I couldn't believe my ears, it doesn't make sense, theirs no such thing.

"Em... I'm serious" Siren said

"No, no no really.. what's going on.. did you guys sneak contacts on me... or something" Emylee said in between laughs

"NO! EM! THIS ISN'T FUNNY!" Jayne shouted

"Okay, you guys are insane, am I really supposed to believe this Vampire crap?" she asked

"So you think were lying, vampires are crap to you" I asked angrily

"The idea of their existence is crap..." She said, not caring about my anger

"YOU KNOW WHAT!" I yelled. I went to the kitchen drawer, and grabbed a large knife. I trudged over to emylee, and without thinking, I stabbed her, right in the arm

"AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!" she screamed

I was extremely close to her. Our bodies pressed together with her pinned against the wall.

I pulled the knife from her arm, and it healed, instantly.

"Now do you believe us?" I asked her, pissed off.

She gazed at her arm, and then looked at me, who was still really close to her. I saw tears well up in her eyes, and then one escaped.

I backed away from her, and she ran up the stairs crying, and slammed her bedroom door.

"Nick.. WHAT WERE YOU THINKING! you scared her.. she's still human at heart shadow.. she's not used to us yet, there are better ways of explaining!"

"I- I- I didn't think she'd cry Siren" I pleaded

"GOSH Nick, sometimes your so STUPID!" she yelled at me

"Siren I-"

"Don't plead to me, go do that to her, she's the one you just scared the crap out of" she interrupted

I looked at Siren's infuriated face, and then ran up the stairs to Emylee's room.

"Emylee, it's me Nick... I know you don't know me... and probably officially don't trust me, but can I talk to you.. please?"

"LEAVE ME ALONE!" she yelled through sniffles and sobs.

"Please Emylee, it's very important that I speak with you, or my sister will kill me.. and we don't want that do we" I joked trying to lighten up the mood

"GO AWAY! PLEASE!" she begged while still sobbing.

I figured that she'd never willingly let me in, so I had to walk through her door.

"Emylee look" I said

"AAH!" she screamed

"How the hell did you do that?" she asked in panic

"Look, don't worry about that now, but I need to speak with you"

"About what?" she said, as her crying began to subside

"About everything... first I wanna say sorry, I didn't mean to scare you or make you cry, I just thought showing you was the only way to make you believe."

"So... all of this is real?" Emylee asked

"Yeah, it's all real" I said

"Wow" she breathed

"I know it's a lot to take in at once, but you'll get used to it" I said trying to cheer her up

"How'd you get through the wall like that?" she asked

"it's one of my powers, I'm a protector vampire, I have intangibility, I can walk through anything" I said proudly

"Oh... do I have powers like yours?"

"Well, you have powers,, but not like mine"

"Oh.. am I like you.. a protector vamp?"

"Ha ha, No, actually you're a combat vampire, you have really cool powers, i'll show you them later if you want?"

"Yeah, that'd be really cool" she smiled. I had never seen a smile as beautiful as hers

"Thank you" she said.

"For what?" I asked

"For saying my smile is beautiful" she said

Oh crap I forgot.. she can hear my thoughts.

"So, I can read minds huh?" she asked

"Well, yeah, all of us can, but that's not one of your combat powers"

"Oh.. okay" she said

Then the atmosphere was filled with an awkward silence

"So... uh, what's your name?" she asked

"Nick"

"HA! REALLY!?" she asked

"Yeah, why what's wrong with Nick"

"I heard Siren call you that earlier, but I thought it was a nickname"

"Well, it's not" I said defensively

"NO, don't get offended, I think that's like the coolest name ever!" she exclaimed

"Oh... well.. thanks"

"So.. how old are you Nick" she asked

"Oh... I'm 24 actually... how old are you?"

"I'm 17...how old is your girlfriend?"

"My.. girlfriend?" I asked confused

"Yeah... Siren!" she said

"Siren? Siren? hahaaaaaa! She is NOT my girlfriend, she's my baby sister" I said

"Hahaa oooohhhh.. sorry" she said

Then.. the awkward silence came back. She broke it again

"Hey Nick?"

"Yes Emy.. IF I can call you that" I said

"Yeah, of course no problem, will I see my mom again" she asked sadly.

I felt seriously bad for this girl

"Well... yeah, but not for some time" I said

"How long?"

"Depending on your progress, it could be a week, a month, a year.. or even 10 years" I said

"10 YEARS!!!" She asked devastated

"I also said a week!"

She just sighed sadly

"But won't she be worried about me, and send the police on a goose chase?"

"No.. that's highly unlikely" I said

"Why?"

"Because... when we broke in to-"

"YOU BROKE IN MY HOUSE!?" SHE asked alarmed

"Well yea, but it was to get your stuff, Siren compelled her, so in her mind, you moved out because you had the flu, and you're going to live here, and your perfectly fine"

"Wow, great excuse Siren" she said sarcastically

"Yeah I know, my sisters a whack job"

"Oh really" she joked, and showed me her beautiful smile

I stared at her, and she sadly looked away, her mother popped back in her mind. We sat for five minutes in total silence. I saw a stray tear slide down her cheek, and realized she was crying again

"Hey, Hey, Emy, don't cry, you'll see her again"

she didn't look at me, but said

"Yeah, but I don't know when that'll be, that could take years, she's my best friend"

I grabbed her chin and turned her face toward me. I slid my hand on her cheek and used my thumb to wipe her tear.

"Emy... I promise you, you will see your mother, sooner than you think... I'll make sure of it"

"You promise Nick" she whispered through tears

"Yeah... I promise" I said

I grabbed her hand and led her into the hallway.

Chapter 15

Emylee's SOS

When Nick grabbed my hand, I felt electricity run through my body. His hands were soft, and he was sweet and gentle. If feeling this way is wrong then I definitely don't want to be right.

"Oh yeah, shadow?" I asked

"Yes" he said

"Do I get to go to school tomorrow?"

"Sorry, but no, we can't risk it, you'll have urges and we don't want anyone to get hurt" he said

"Oh..." I said sadly

"It won't be forever, you'll be back in no time, I have faith in you" shadow said

"One more thing Nick?"

"Sure anything." he said

"Will my eyes be this way forever, I mean I love pink but eventually I'll have Tobe around people and... you know" I said

"Oh, don't worry, when human are around they change back to the color they were in your human form, so they'll go back to your original light green"

"Wow, how'd you know my eye color?"

"Oh uh... because I uh- I saw them last night when you were going through the transformation" he nervously said

"Sorry for asking so many questions, I'm just a bit curious" I said

"No, it's what your supposed to do, this is a new life" he said.

Then we walked down the stairs.

"Hey you.. Em, are you okay now?" Siren asked

"Yeah, shadow talked to me" I assured her

"Oh... I see you guys are great friends now" she said

"Yeah were cool now" Nick said

"Something tells me you guys are more than cool" Siren said

"Oh yeah sis and what would that be?" Nick sarcastically asked

"Well, you seem to have a firm tight grip on her hand there" Siren said as she pointed to our intertwined fingers.

We both looked at each other blushing, and instantly let go.

"Sorry Emy, didn't realize" he said, with his cheeks still a faint red color

"Hmmm, I didn't know vampires could blush" I said this made him blush even more. I just chuckled.

"He's awake" Nick breathed in terror "Who's awake Nick?" "Emanuel".





© 2013 Phoenix


Author's Note

Phoenix
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on April 6, 2013
Tags: Fantasy Vampire


Author

Phoenix
Phoenix

Ottawa, ON, Canada



About
May redo Entered the Glare In Glass will be taking out a few other books since they are not doing so well on reviews. Till I know for sure there will be more readers to read them. But always going to .. more..

Writing
Full Moon Full Moon

A Poem by Phoenix