Don't Keep Secrets from a Vampire

Don't Keep Secrets from a Vampire

A Chapter by Phoenix
"

A blood-sucking freak that no one would want to know.

"

Vampire:

A blood-sucking freak that no one would want to know. I never minded living with vampires, my parents died when I was young and after that I had always felt out of place. Never just right, you know? My name is Shayla, and at the age of 15 and a half, I was adopted by a vampire and I live to become one. Before I used to always look forward to the thought of a sweet 16 birthday, but now I couldn't wait until my 17th birthday happened. My dad, Carlos had decided that by the age of 17, I could choose whether or not I wanted to stay human or become a vampire. My life was a little lonely, but I had a best friend though, who loved me for who I was, he was always there for me. The only flaw was that he was a wolf, the vampire's sworn enemy, but hey that doesn’t matter, right? Wrong. It mattered a ton and I knew it. His name was Chris, and he was the one who kept me going through the day really. I didn’t have many friends other than the vampire girls in the area.

"Right." I muttered as I thought about them. They were all glamor and no fun really, except for 3 of them. Ali, Mia and Bee, three totally different beauties, Mia had long brown hair and deep blue eyes that looked straight into your soul. Ali had blonde hair, and deep brown eyes, she was a young girl at heart. Bee had short spikey black hair and light green eyes; she was always there to make you laugh. Then there is me, I had long black hair with eyes that were a deep shade of violet when I was angry and ice blue at all other times.

"Hey Shay, whatcha thinking about?" Chris called, and I snapped back into reality.

I smiled at him, "Nothing interesting, and how about you, my furry friend?" I asked, I looked up at him as the sun shone behind, making him look like a God.

"Well, we got a newbie today." He said shrugging and the muscles in his neck flexed. "He’s got some spunk, I’ll tell you that!"

"Spunk? Chris, no one says that anymore." I said, rolling my eyes and smiling at him.

He laughed, "True." He said and jumped down from the rock he was standing on. "But it’s a cool word." He came over and wrapped his arm around my shoulders.

"So what’s this newbie like?" I asked as we walked along the trail to the campsite where all the wolves met, it was in the middle of the forest.

"Well, he’s got some strength, a temper and a bad attitude. He’s got a tragic past; you can tell by the way he acts sometimes." Chris said, thoughtfully. I looked up at him, his flawlessly white skin, crystal blue eyes and blond hair. "Wanna meet him?" He asked looking down at me, and smiling.

"Sure, as long as he doesn’t give me any weird looks like the guys have been in the past couple of months." I said, scowling slightly as I remembered, they had given me this sort of funny look and it was hard to explain. The guys were in the rest of the pack that Chris was in, they were all really friendly. Chris glanced down at me with a sly grin, like he had a secret. "What?? What are you looking so smug about?" I asked looking at him annoyed.

"Nothing, absolutely nothing." He said, looking at me innocently and I glared at him before looking away. "Here we are. Hey, Zach!" Chris called out as we entered the camp. A boy with longish golden hair and startling green eyes looked up, he was grinning but his grin faded when he saw me. A look of brief shock flitted across his face before he recovered.

"Heya Chris, who's your girlfriend?" He asked, tilting his head to the side and giving me a curious look.

"I'm not his girlfriend!!" I said quickly, as my cheeks colored slightly.

"We're distant lovers." Chris said in an overdramatic voice as he wrapped his arms around me.

I rolled my eyes, "Sure Chris. Not going to happen." I said as I pulled away.

Chris laughed, good-naturedly as he turned back to Zach, who looked like he was in a bad mood. "Nah, we're just friends."

"She's a human, right?" Zach asked, acting as if I wasn't there.

"Yes, she is and she has a name." I said throwing him a glare; he looked at me with an amused look.

"My apologies." He said sincerely, but there was a hint of teasing in his voice, "What is your name?"

"Shayla, I’m your worst nightmare, sweetie." I said standing tall and lifting my chin. This was what I said to every guy I met and it was a basic message saying to be careful.

Zach smile widened, "You’ve got a temper." He said simply, still looking at me curiously.

"You’re a newbie, so watch yourself around me and you should be fine." I said, shrugging.

Zach smiled and looked at Chris, "I like her." He stated.
The Girl

Zach's POV

"Hey, Zach!" I heard Chris call; I looked up with a big grin on my face. Then I saw her. She was beautiful, her long black hair was tied back into a loose bun, a few stray curls escaped and fell elegantly against her neck, and she had pale skin with ice blue eyes.

"Heya Chris, who's your girlfriend?" I asked, looking at her curiously and hoping she wasn't really his girlfriend.

"I'm not his girlfriend!!" She said quickly while blushing a little. I glared at Chris for a sec, she was blushing, which meant she actually did like him.

"We're distant lovers." Chris said while grinning and wrapping his arms around her.

"Sure Chris. Not going to happen." She said pulling away.
He laughed, like he didn't particularly mind, "Nah, we're just good friends."

"She's human, right?" I asked kind of acting like she wasn't there.

"Yes, she is and she has a name." She said and her eyes flashed a deep shade of violet before returning to normal.

"My apologies," I said, trying to sound sincere and not teasing but I guess she heard the teasing tone, "What is your name?"

"Shayla and I am your worst nightmare, sweetie." Shayla said and again her eyes flashed a deep violet. She stood tall and lifted her chin, she looked beautiful.

I smiled at her; she looked so businesslike and pretty, "You've got a temper." I noted, looking at her curiously.

"You're a newbie so watch yourself around me and you should be fine." She said and shrugged her shoulders.

I grinned at Chris, "I like her." I stated.

She smiled at me and I saw something in the way she had been, when she first saw me to the way she was now. She was tense around people she didn't know but around Chris, she was relaxed. "I think I like you too." Shayla said, looking at me curiously.

"Come on, Carlos is probably worried about you. Especially if he knows you have been hanging around with me all day." Chris said, putting his arm loosely around Shayla's shoulder. I felt like punching Chris for a second there, before I regained my senses and tried shaking off the feeling.
He's just putting his arm around her, there's no harm in that. Cool it, Zachie. I thought, trying very hard to keep my temper.

"Meh, yeah, let's go and face the fury." Shayla said, pursing her lips and then frowning. "See ya, newbie." She said giving me a quick smile before heading off with Chris.

I smiled as I watched her leave the campsite, "Hey Zach." A voice said, I turned around to see one of the guys from the pack, his name was Sam.

"Yo Sam, what's up?" I asked still staring after her.

He followed my gaze and smiled slightly as if he already guessed how I felt about Shayla, "I'd watch it if I were you, Chris is a little overprotective when it comes to Shay." He said with a knowing look in his eyes.

"Shay?" I asked as I tried to ignore the rage building up in my throat when I hears Chris' name.

"That's what we all call her." He responded.

After a moment's silence I realized that I had better go to my meeting, "I gotta go, see ya Sam." I said grabbing my fancy black blazer off one of the logs as I started off. I hated my life; my parents just about controlled everything, including me. That was why I was here, because mummy and daddy said I had to be, and I, of course listened. A little café in a remote area of the town was my destination; I had to meet someone there, someone important. It only took about 10 minutes of walking and looking over my shoulder to check if anyone was following me before the café came into view. One of the windows was broken, it looked like someone had thrown a rock at it, the curtains inside had been ripped and laid strewn across the café floor. I grimaced, this area of town was deserted and a good thing too, it was a miserable place to go but a good place for a secret meeting.

Something flashed inside the café, a streak of bright blue which was gone, just as quickly as it had appeared. My guard was up instantly, my fists clenched ready to strike, I could feel a rush of excitement and anticipation as I advanced towards the café, making sure that I moved as silently as possible. I passed into the café and realized that there was no one there. Had I just imagined it? No, I couldn't have. I had seen someone or at least something in this café, but where were they now? I let out a frustrated growl from deep inside my throat. Suddenly I felt a hand on my shoulder, I whirled around, my fist was zooming toward the person's head but whoever it was saw this coming and grabbed my hand, twisting my entire arm behind my back. I howled in pain before the person's hand clamped around my mouth preventing any sound from coming out.

"Shut up, you imbecile!" A voice whispered furiously in my ear, I recognized it almost immediately and relaxed, it was the person I had come to meet after all. I felt the hands restraining me slowly let go, testing me if I were going to strike.

"So it was you." I said turning around to face my trusty servant, Marco.

Marco's usually expressionless face had a look of irritation as he helped me up off the ground, "Yes, Prince." He said.

I brushed off some of the dirt on my blazer before looking more carefully at Marco. He was dressed in a fancy black suit, a hat pulled over his eyes and white gloves covered his hands. There was nothing blue on him at all, it couldn't have been Marco that I had seen inside the café. I frowned but decided not to say anything more about it to Marco, "Sorry I am late, I got a bit..." I trailed off slightly as memories of Shayla and her beauty clouded my mind, a smile planted itself on my lips, "...sidetracked."

"Did it happen? It happened, didn't it? I know it has, you've got that look on your face, sire." Marco said rather quickly with a somewhat worried and excited look on his face.

"I don't know if I have or haven't." I snapped at him suddenly feeling very annoyed at the fact that my own servant was questioning me.

"You have." Another voice said and out of the darkness stepped a man I didn't recognize, he was wearing a gray overcoat with a gray hat that hid his face completely except for his mouth which was curved into an unpleasant grin, from underneath the cap a lock of black hair peeked out.

A growl rose from deep inside my throat, I went into attack mode. "Who are you?" I snarled.

"I'm not important. You have imprinted." The stranger said. I glanced at Marco but he seemed at ease, as if the stranger didn't really bother him.

"Imprinted, I knew it! I must inform the King and Queen!" Marco cried out before scuffling off somewhere.

"Who are you? And how did you know I imprinted?" I asked glaring at the stranger who rolled his eyes and took out a cigarette and lit it.

"Wolves." The stranger snorted, "Always angry." He took a single drag of the cigarette before tossing it onto the ground and stepping on it.

"Who are you?" I asked for the third time, my voice rising as I got angrier.

The man had started to walk away but he paused and turned around, "Hell."


© 2013 Phoenix


Author's Note

Phoenix
gnore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on April 6, 2013
Last Updated on April 6, 2013


Author

Phoenix
Phoenix

Ottawa, ON, Canada



About
May redo Entered the Glare In Glass will be taking out a few other books since they are not doing so well on reviews. Till I know for sure there will be more readers to read them. But always going to .. more..

Writing
Full Moon Full Moon

A Poem by Phoenix