Chapter 22 - We're Marchin' On

Chapter 22 - We're Marchin' On

A Chapter by Kristen

There's so many wars we fought,

There's so many things we're not,

But with what we have
I promise you that
We're marchin' on,
We're marchin' on.

 

And most of those wars are the wars inside our mind. I'm one of those fighting an internal war this week... the war of deciding what to write. If you haven't already noticed, I dropped the Shattered Tears cover and became Kristen Elizabeth, a.k.a. my first and middle name. Why did I do this? By showing who I truly am I hoped to start a new chapter in my writing, to begin writing honest, pure pieces instead of writing about death and destruction and Hell all the time. Believe it or not, you DO get sick of that after a while. And as time's gone I've felt like the dark genres have been more and more forced and not natural writing topics, thus why my writing's been sucking incredibly lately. "Shadows" kind of signified the end of one part of my life and the beginning of another. A happier one, a more free life. Now, this does not mean my writing is all of a sudden going to be about bunnies and sunshine. But nature would be included in my "new" topics... I just want to learn how to write more eloquently and smoothly. I guess what I'm saying is I want my writing to be beautiful. I want people to imagine it and think of things that they haven't thought about since they were little. I want to bring back a bit of childhood's magic but keep it more mature. Sure, it's going to take time, and yes, it will probably suck at first. But this is why nothing new has been posted lately, and why the Shattered Tears cover is gone.

Smile. Life's too short to be unhappy.

 

Listen to: Marchin' On - OneRepublic/Timbaland



© 2010 Kristen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

327 Views
Added on August 1, 2010
Last Updated on August 1, 2010


Author

Kristen
Kristen

MA



Writing
Cloy Cloy

A Story by Kristen


Inhibitions Inhibitions

A Poem by Kristen