chapter 1:time stream gets extreme

chapter 1:time stream gets extreme

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael awakens to a strange place that has never been seen before.So what shall happen to him?Sink or swim?

"
All of the citizens stared down in to the crater left behind from explosion.They all felt lonely and sad as they took in the realization of their savior now being gone.But what they did not know was what was really going on.Michael woke up to find himself standing in some place that would best be described as weird and wacky.It was a huge tunnel that seemed to stretch out forever.There were floating chunks of rock floating in midair extending all of the way down the tunnel and out of sight.Down below all of that was some kind of black liquid shimmering like a rainbow.
Michael rubbed his head.It felt like the worst hangover he had ever had."Where am I?"He walked over to the edge of the piece of rock he was on and looked down."Whoa."The black liquid below was bubbling and letting of a stench of death.He looked further up the tunnel and saw what appeared to be a light at the end of it."That could be my ticket out of here."He walked back to the end of the rock then did a run and jump,failing miserably.He plummeted down into the black liquid that was thicker than first thought.
Skeleton hands came clawing their way out of the liquid attacking Michael.They grabbed at his clothes and his skin trying to pull him under.Then came the terrifying screams of those in pain.Almost like they came straight out of hell themselves.Michael struggled with everything he had before finally losing the battle and being dragged beneath the sludge.But as he was swept under the toxic sludge,he resurfaced on what appeared to be a beach.He was also covered in seaweed. And further up the beach was something that was not expected.There were hundreds of people seated in front of a large wooden stage with an old man standing on it giving some speech about Michael himself.
Michael sluggishly wandered up the beach until he could hear what was being said.The old man was speaking."Michael was always a good man.He did everything he could for us and never asked for anything in return.And even though his life was very situated on protecting us and this city,we all must give thanks for what he  gave to all of us."
Michael staggered on stage."Thanks for the kind words.But ah,what is with all of the long faces?" The crowd of people all gasped at the sight.
The old man blinked repeatedly to make sure he was seeing right."Michael?Is it really you?"
"Yeah.Who the hell else would it be?"
"How is this possible?You died three years ago."
"No.It was like five minutes ago.I remember waking up in that strange portal and then washing ashore.It was like 5 minutes ago."
The old man frowned."The war that fell on this place was 3 years ago."
Michael almost collapsed."How the hell did that happen?"
A younger male came out from the crowd wearing a lab coat and a gas mask."I think I can answer that question."
"Do tell."Michael said,sarcastically.
"When you did whatever it was that you did in the basement of the old science building,it created a unique portal on its own.The energy therefor pulled you inside and threw you into a sort of time lock where years is only minutes."
"That actually explains a lot."
"And I have even more troubling news great mayor of Sanctuary."
The old man came forth."What is it?"
Michael sounded shocked."Your the mayor?"
"You were gone Michael,we had to appoint someone to do the job."The old man said calmly.
"Mister Mayor.The fleet I have been monitoring,it is getting closer."
"Hold on.What fleet?Not the one from the other dimension?"
"No,"Said the man in the lab coat."this fleet is traveling through some kind of energy rift that is acting as a worm hole."
"How did you manage to find this out?"
"When I was doing a study of the sky above I found something unusual.I saw what appeared to be a stream of white smoke drifting through space heading in earths direction.I did a bit of study in to the old records of what it could be and came across information about interstellar travel."
"Old records?"
"Yes.They were very self explanatory about this kind of stuff.It explained that when you travel through a type of portal in space it creates a kind of cloud to shroud it from outside interference."
"So how long do we have?"
"About 3 days at most."
"Oh s**t."
"There are approximately 12 ships on their way here by the size of the cloud."
"Then we need to prepare."
The old man stopped Michael."We can not fight back Michael.When we had the unexpected war 3 years ago it depleted our forces to nil.We have no weapons,no soldiers,or the numbers.Our population is dwindling because of the last assault."
"Don't worry.I have my...my..."Michael fumbled round with his back trying to find his weapons.They were gone."This can't be happening.The sword is how I channeled my power greater than by themselves."
"Then may god have mercy on our souls."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A vary intense chapter XD your work is really interesting

Posted 6 Years Ago


Rayner Ramsay

6 Years Ago

thanks.Much appreciated

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 11, 2014
Last Updated on February 11, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay