chapter 8:The city below a city.

chapter 8:The city below a city.

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael is losing precious time with Leahcim getting in his way.He needs to hurry and make sure Dueldoix is not brought to life again,if not then all is lost

"
Michael awoke on the floor with a headache beyond what he had ever experienced."Oh s**t.Feels like I got run over by a truck then its cargo."He got up and brushed himself off.He saw that one of the bookcases had been moved and in its place was a huge steel door that was hanging open."Looks like he found what he was looking for." Michael walked over to the secret vault and started down into the never ending darkness below.A shiver ran down his spine causing him to feel fear.But there was no elevator or anything like that so there was only one option.To go down on his own.
With his underwear pulled up higher than before and his shirt tucked in,Michael jumped onto the cable descending down the elevator shaft.He gripped it softly and began to slid down it fast.But the faster he went meant the floor below was getting closer.With his heart panicking,Michael braced himself for impact.Once the elevator roof came in to sight there was noway of stopping.Michael slammed down on top of the elevator,breaking through the roof and landing on the floor.Every part of his body was now aching.
"God damn.I haven't felt anything that sore since I visited the red light district in Sanctuary.Not even the women there hurt as much."He got up off the floor and made his way out into a large rock room.He gazed round the room and saw that to his left was  a tunnel,to his right was  a pool of water,and on the far side of the room were two large doors.
A rapid fire of bullets littered the room in Michael's direction.It forced him to dive out of the way."Michael,Michael,Michael.Why are you trying to stop me from waking Dueldoix?" The Leahcim robot was hiding in the tunnel.
"I will stop you to protect this planet!"
"I care little for this world!My DNA code was written so that I destroy this place.It is all I crave."
"What you will be craving after this is your own death."
The Leahcim robot came out of hiding and began to shoot at Michael again.Michael was now pinned down in the elevator."Just give up!"
Michael threw an energy blast at the robot in an attempt to destroy it but failed.He then ran out of the elevator and dived into the pool of water and swam down.He kept swimming until he found himself swimming through a tunnel.It was like a W.Michael swam as fast as he could due to oxygen running out.He swam with all that his body could give him.And just as he was about to run out of air,he broke the surface of water and gasped for air.
The room he was now in was a little different.There was a huge with a massive drop in the center of the room.There was noway across it except for giant stalagmites sticking up out of the hole.They were all in different positions and ran from  one side of the room to the other.But what made it harder was that there were set paths going along them.They were foot holes that had been created for people to scale along them.This was the only way for Michael to get across.
"Looks like I had better get to work."
It took a long time for Michael to make it across all of the stalagmites but he eventually made it.He scurried across all of them only to find a lever sitting on the floor.With one swift motion,Michael pulled the lever and activated whatever it was that it did.The stalagmites all crumbled and fell down the hole along with hundreds of other rocks from the ceiling.But out of the darkness leading down rose smaller platforms.They were spiraling downwards into the darkness.They all clung to the edges of the hole and seemed to create what looked like a very enlarged staircase.
Michael followed the steps down and found himself at what appeared to be a tunnel.This one had an elevator inside of it.He got inside of it and took it up.Once it stopped Michael found himself standing on the other side of the door where he had first arrived in the vault.The doors were now open meaning that Leahcim was inside.The corridor went forward until it opened up in to a much larger room.Inside of the room were four rounded walls with strange symbols carved on them.
Michael could somehow read them."Long ago,a powerful warrior named Dueldoix lived among the people.He lived only to strike fear in the hearts of his enemies,take their freedom,and make them obey him.He would take anything to get the one thing he desired most.The happiness of his master." Michael went from wall to wall and read each one.
"The most violent and evil creature to walk the face of the earth.There was a great battle between man and this creature to see which would rule over the planet and maintain dominance.Mankind won and imprisoned the creature in Dark Matter Hill for all eternity and sentenced Dueldoix to an inhuman fate."
The translation was almost finished.One wall had a picture of a prayer temple burning."What does the prayer temple have to do anything?It was rebuilt years ago."He then realized what it meant."Dueldoix is buried beneath the the temple.If he isn't here then he must be there.But what is this creature it speaks of?" Michael spun round and saw the Leahcim robot taking off out of the tunnel."S**t."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

83 Views
Added on February 15, 2014
Last Updated on February 15, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay