chapter 2:And thus the end began

chapter 2:And thus the end began

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

The time for earths showdown is almost upon Sanctuary.Who will protect it along side Michael since the city is still recovering from the first onslaught years ago?

"
Three days later and the city was in hiding.The city had designed a special kind of bunker beneath the city for such a catastrophic even taking place.It was built within a few short months the entire bunker was fully finished and prepared for any sudden urgency of escape,but it also had a flaw.Once inside you could do nothing else but wait for the inevitable.
Michael was the only one in the streets as all of the citizens had hidden in the bunker.He had nothing more than  a newly made weapon perfectly crafted from some diamonds from the shut down mine.It looked exactly as the old sword did and so did the new and improved shotgun.The new shotgun was precisely the same as the old but had a greater firing range. Michael held onto the sword tightly as the sky suddenly erupted in a flash of red light almost like the sky were igniting and catching flame. Then twelve vortexes formed in separate locations across the sky allowing for the ships to force their way into the worlds orbit. The ships all looked very much alike boats with giant skulls made of metal etched onto the front of them.
The sweat on his brow was dripping to the ground as Michael readied himself for on coming onslaught."Come on!" Then he saw the biggest ship of all rip through a portal and enter the earths atmosphere.It looked like the others but had huge spikes sticking out from its sides and the skull was bigger."Oh s**t." Out from the bottom of the ship came a machine. It looked similar to a harpoon but the head of the harpoon was glass.Around the tip was a spiral going from top to bottom.It began to glow red and charge an energy blast.
The harpoon fired a huge red laser beam at the city destroying the center of one building forcing it to collapse to the ground.It was no longer standing.Michael was too taken by surprise by the blast that he did not see what landed behind him.It looked like a Minotaur made out of metal.And instead of having hands it had more of the harpoon weapons.It was breathing heavily and letting red smoke puff out of its nose.
"What the hell are you?" Michael gasped,turning to see what was behind him.
"We are the Lebastians.We have come here to kill the human race."
"And why man I ask,is that you want to do that?"
"You have committed crimes against our leader and must be held accountable for such things."
"Oh hell no."
The Minotaur charged at Michael clipping him with its horns then tossing him through the air and landing hard on the ground.It then pumped a specific color into the harpoon before firing it at Michael.The green beam hit him and somehow made his entire being go numb.He laid on the ground feeling no sensation in his limbs whatsoever.The Minotaur walked over to Michael then knocked him out with one swift kick to the head.
Michael awoke to a strange sound filling his ears.He sat forward and found himself sitting on a metal floor.He was in a very large room."Where the hell am I?"
A voice came from behind him."It is good to see an old enemy again."
Michael spun round and saw something unexpected.It was half human,half robot.Literally split down the middle."Who the hell are you?"
"You won't recognize me at all now would you?" The robotic side of the body opened out like a shell revealing the filthy creature within.It was more or less a see through spirit.It was the creature Michael had fought before.
"You?!But how?"
"You remember.You sent both me and my master into the other dimension,the dimension of nothingness.We were genetically fused together and became one physical form."
Michael laughed."You're uglier than before."
The creature closed the robotic side and returned to normal."I will not tolerate this insolence!"It punched a wall next to it creating a huge dent.
"Whoa,calm down there skippy."
"Do not test me Michael.I am stronger than what I use to be." The creature fired some sort of dart out of its finger tip,shooting Michael bang on the neck."I hope you like this little treat."
Michael once more passed out.Once he regained consciousness he found himself strapped to a metal table."What's going on?"
In a one way mirror high above the floor,the creature was watching Michael."I know you can heal fast Michael so I want to put that to the test." A half lizard half human,walked into the room with a scalpel in hand."I want you to cause as much pain as you can doctor.See to it that he squeals like a pig."
The lizardman was dressed in scrubs like a doctor would.He walked over to Michael with the scalpel only inches away from his face."I heard you killed a lot of my kind down in the mine here.I take that very personally."
Michael could feel tears in his eyes."Listen man,if it makes any difference,that guy in charge was the one who sent me through that area in the first place."
"I know that.But you killed them in cold blood." The doctor lowered the scalpel to Michael's stomach then plunged it deep within it,the blade scraping by his intestines.
Michael writhed in pain as the blade cut through his skin slowly."God make it stop!" This went on for some hours before the doctor and the creature above felt it was time to stop."You are lucky Michael.I was going to take your head off."
"You would have been doing me a favor."
The creature above finally spoke."Take a DNA sample.I need it for testing."
The doctor pulled out a modified syringe.At the end where the needle was were two scrapers.They were like  two razor sharp tongs with more edge than design.The doctor lowered to Michael's stomach once more and dug out a chunk of flesh.But in a few seconds the flesh repaired itself.With the flesh being sucked up the tube instead of a needle,the doctor left the room.
Michael watched helplessly as his DNA was taken from the room and out of sight."God knows what they are going to do with that."


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on February 12, 2014
Last Updated on February 12, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay