chapter 10:The catacombs

chapter 10:The catacombs

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

Michael killed and innocent in order to protect the earth.But the guilt of giving a life to save another is eating away at him.Will he recover in time to save us all?

"
Leahcim disappeared through the now open doors to the catacombs.Michael sat on his knees with tears still running down his cheeks."Come on Michael.We have come too far to fail now."He stood up wiping the tears from his face. Michael ran after Leahcim. He had come too far to fail now.He ran down the tunnel until he came to a maze like entrance.This was the catacombs of evil.They had been built in order to prevent anyone or anything,from accessing Dueldoix's prison.
The catacombs,a symbol of man kinds triumph over Dueldoix and his master.They were designed by the architect that Michael had sacrificed.He was given the task of buildings the great prison to prevent Dueldoix from escaping and laying waste to mans world.Many had tried to penetrate the doors of the catacombs and failed.But now both Michael and Leahcim had entered the prison which meant something more sinister was on its way.
Michael roamed through path after path trying to figure out how to get Dueldoix before Leahcim.He eventually came to an opening which led to a huge room.In the center was an object difficult to describe.
"That is the tomb of Dueldoix."Came Leahcim's voice.
Michael spun round and saw him."End this,now!!!"
Leahcim was nowhere to be seen."I will awaken Dueldoix!And when I do we shall both rule this pathetic planet together!"
"Come out of hiding and face me!"
"So the blood of an innocent man is not enough to sway you from this path?Interesting."
"Enough of this bullshit Leahcim,we will end this now!"
Leahcim came out from behind a pillar extending to the ceiling of the room."What now Michael?Are you going to kill me as well?"
"If I have to."

"And you called me a monster?You are no better than I."
"There is a big difference between me and you.I protect the world from filth like you while you only wish to harm it."
"Filth?I shall show you filth when you end up in hell!!!"Leahcim charged at Michael and pinned him against a pillar.With his hands glowing with energy,Leahcim began to slam punch after punch in to Michael's stomach.But one of his energy blasts accidentally hit the pillar making all of the foreign symbols glow red.
Michael freed himself and returned the blows.His blasts also meeting the pillar."Time to die!" They both clashed together with fists burning full of energy.Sparks of blue and red light shot out across the room hitting the pillars and activating them all."Give up!"
The ground around them shook violently  before rocks fell from the ceiling.Both men stopped their fighting and stood back as a metal ring on the ground began to glow bright yellow.Then the sound of gears and cogs clicking in to place rippled out from underneath the metal ring.The ring began to spin clockwise at 100mph.It kept spinning until it stopped suddenly with a loud click.The ring slowly but surely rose up out of the ground to reveal what it was.Then a figure rose high up out of the hole created from the risen ring.There,inside of a crystal cylinder,stood a suit of armor.It looked very similar to Samurai armor.
Leahcim's smile faded."Armor?"
Michael began to laugh."After all that you have sought,this is where it has led you to?Dueldoix is dead."
Leahcim gritted his teeth."You did this!"

"How did I do this?"
"You must have gotten here before me and changed it somehow."

"Now you sound delusional."
Leahcim charged an energy blast in his right arm and unleashed it on Michael.He went flying across the room slamming in to a solid rock wall."You did this and I will kill you for it!" Leahcim walked over to the dizzy Michael and lifted him up off the ground by his throat."You are going to die."
Michael looked over Leahcim's shoulder."Look."He pointed,gasping for air.
Leahcim turned and saw the armor was out of the chamber and walking towards the exit."He lives."Michael dropped to the ground as Leahcim walked over to the armor."Dueldoix?"
The armor stopped and looked at him.In the place where its head should have been,two red dots were formed inside of the helmet."Leave me be human or I will kill you."Dueldoix spoke in a deep voice.
"You serve me now."
Dueldoix stared at Leahcim."I serve only the master."
"I woke you up so now you should serve me!"
"I thank you for waking me from my sleep but I will serve no mortal!"In Dueldoix's hand a huge sword materialized.It was a full thirty centimeters wide, a meter long,and ten centimeters thick.On it were strange carvings from a lost language.All of the carvings,symbols,and patterns,were glowing a dark red.
Leahcim stumbled backwards when the sword was raised high in the air."Michael.Help me!"
"Sorry.You're on your own."
"Coward."Leahcim was slowly stepping backwards to try and escape.He suddenly threw and energy blast that exploded on impact."Ha!"
"You think that I will be killed by a mortal with a small amount of magic?!"Out of the black cloud of smoke came the sword,flying through the air and plunging deep within Leahcim's stomach.He flew back against a wall pinned to it by the sword."I serve no one."
Leahcim clutched the sword with both hands trying to free himself."God...have mercy on...me..."His head dropped signalling death.
Dueldoix walked over to the sword and claimed it once more."Your turn."He pointed the tip of the sword at Michael.
Michael instinctively threw dozens of energy blasts at walls and pillars forcing them to crack then collapse.He sprinted out of the catacombs and fled to safety away from the prayer temple just as it collapsed beneath the ground.It was finally done,Dueldoix was dead before his reign of terror began.Michael breathed a sigh of relief before quietly walking off through the meadow towards Sanctuary.He was going home.
Upon days of walking,Michael found himself in a different city.It was named Clever City.It was a fortified city that took no nonsense.It had been completely destroyed."Who could have done this?"


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

73 Views
Added on February 19, 2014
Last Updated on February 20, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay