chapter 4:the end is also the beginning

chapter 4:the end is also the beginning

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay
"

The world has been restored to its original state.Life is flourishing upon the soils of earth.And mankind is no longer trapped within the confines of Sanctuary walls.They roam freely.

"
Ten years passed since the earth was restored to its original state.The year is now 2517.Mankind has learnt to live off the land whilst using technology too.There is pollution of course but hover vehicles have been invented for travel.The type of petrol they use is the polluted oxygen left from the cities that have been built.When they filter the polluted air for gas,they spit out clean air. All of these ideas came from Michael himself so the earth could remain healthy and not die.
Michael and a team of hunters were out in a meadow hunting down one of the most precious animals that mankind now hunts.It is a revival of the old but it is also an evolutionary jump.Cows are now three times the size of their predecessors,thus being less killed for meat and taken for milk.With the bigger cows it is only necessary to heard only a dozen or so to fill a quota,unlike centuries before.
The team of four were all crouched down out of sight so they didn't freak the cow out or startle it.Michael had invented more guns like his shotgun but in rifle form.His technology was now earths technology.He had his rifle at the ready to shoot the bounty he had been hunting for a week.With his finger slightly pulling the trigger back,Michael was ready to end his hunt. But as he went to pull the trigger fully,a strange voice made him misfire. The cow got scared and instantly took off.
"Who is the dope that spoke!?" The team stared at Michael."Well?"
"None of us said anything."
Then the voice spoke again."They can not hear me Michael,only you can."
"Seriously,who is messing with me?"
"They can not hear me Michael,only you can hear me.And you need to listen otherwise this would have been for naught."
"Who are you?And how are you speaking to me?"
"My name is Noremac."
"Cameron spelled backwards?"
"You need to take your team to a small settlement not far from here.They are in great danger."
Michael turned to his team."I don't know how to explain it but there is a voice telling me that we need to go to a settlement not far from here."
"I think the sun has gotten to you over the past few week Michael.Maybe we should call it in."
"No.This voice is pretty precise on what to do." Michael turned from his team and started to run in the direction the voice told him to.He sprinted as fast as he could to the settlement north west of his previous location.He finally made it up over a hill and saw a village sitting on some strange way.It had four streams running through it in a perfect cross pattern.The village was split in to four different segments on each piece of land cut off by the streams.
"Michael!" Called one of the four men,running over to Michael.
Michael focused on the village intently."What could be happening?"He made his way down to the village and came to the first stream.Within his hand appeared a strange looking thing.It was the size of his fist and had four hooks on it that could close and grip onto whatever it was that it touched.As long as it wasn't just a flat wall. It was colored green.
"Why does that thing look like snot?"
Michael rolled his eyes."Really?" The earth began to shake in small tremors as something began to rise out of the center where the four streams met. What rose out of the water appeared to be the exit to a submarine.It was sticking high out of the water towering over the village houses.It did not break the earth surrounding the streams,just fitting perfectly into the confined space.
The hatch on top of the structure opened fully revealing what was inside of it."Hello Michael." Came a familiar voice.
"Leahcim."
Leahcim rose up out of the hatch,a huge grin on his face."You're probably wondering what happened to all of the villagers."
"What did you do to them?Where are they?"
"They belong to me now Michael,you can't save them like the hero you are."
"How did you escape the blast?"
"When you took off I got sucked inside of the reactor core.When it blew I became apart of it,I melded with it.When the explosion went off I was thrown from it in some kind of portal."
"The same one I went to years ago."
"Yes.And now I am back for a much greater purpose.I will use these souls to raise the great and mighty Dueldoix!"
"Who the hell is that?"
"He is a soldier of great power.He was stripped of his flesh and bones,then condemned to exist in a plain far beyond ours."
"And how do you plan on bringing him back may I ask?"
"I have fifty souls already,all I need now is another ten or so."
"You will not win."
"Oh but I will.You see,I know where he is,I know how to awaken him.I will bring about a new god for this world!"
"This world already has a god.The one who created it!"
"You simple minded fool.I will see to it that he is awakened and purge this world of mankind!"
"No."
"I will see you around Michael.The souls I require are in certain places around the world,so I need to be going."Leahcim laughed as he closed the hatch then disappeared beneath the water again.
'We need to leave,now!!!"


© 2014 Rayner Ramsay


Author's Note

Rayner Ramsay
read,enjoy,share

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

88 Views
Added on February 12, 2014
Last Updated on February 12, 2014
Tags: action, adventure, super hero, futuristic


Author

Rayner Ramsay
Rayner Ramsay

Hamilton, Enderley, New Zealand



About
I am a new father who is trying to keep everything in tact.While I tend to my baby,I also try to tend to my passion.Writing. more..

Writing
prologue prologue

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay


chapter 2 chapter 2

A Chapter by Rayner Ramsay