Balance

Balance

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne
"

Allen's back! what happens when he finds out Timcanpy isn't just a round ball with wings? and why is Lofty panicking? and what are these delicious butterflies Alyssa has discovered?

"

Balance

Allen felt a but like a raw piece of meat... or at least how he imagined a raw piece of meat might feel like. His skin tingled with painful awareness. All the sights, smells, and sounds around him seemed heightened after his time locked up within his own mind unable to have any physical connection. With annoyance he noticed that his innocence was partially invoked and quickly deactivated it. He tried to shift but pain shot up through his side from the wound Kanda had given him and he had to bight his lip to stop from whimpering. With surprise he noted that the wound wasn't wrapped and the Innocence that was keeping him alive was clearly visible on his bare abdomen. Something nuzzled his cheek worriedly, giving him a soft nip with sharp teeth. Allen's eyes finally adjusted to the light and he peered down to see his beloved Golem curled up by his face.

"Hey Tim..." smiled Allen reached up to gently stroke the small golden creature. Timcanpy hummed happily and leaned into his touch. Allen's stomach growled and he sat up to leave and get some breakfast. 

*chomp*

"Ouch! jeez Timcanpy!" yelped Allen as Timcanpy bit at his hand. He glanced back down at the Golem as it proceeded to nuzzled at his hand for more attention and lick at the little bite marks on his hand soothing the pain.

"I guess that means you missed me." chuckled Allen scooping up the little Golem and holding it close to his bare chest. He went into the kitchen and proceeded to prepare a giant breakfast for the two of them. Timcanpy, Allen noticed, stayed awfully close to him and ate like it might be the last meal it ever got. Allen wondered if Neah had been starving his poor Golem. As the ex-exorsist and Golem cleared out the pantry and the inn of all it's food Allen came across a a news paper. He sifted a gasp.

"I've been out for three weeks?!" spluttered Allen uncomprihensively. His mind swirled with confusion: that would mean Neah had fully taken over... but if that were true then why was Allen back in control of his body? He was under the impression from what the other Noah had told him that once Neah took over he would devour his conscious and remain in control weather he was in Noah mode or not.

"Timcanpy? can you show me what on earth went on while I was out?" asked Allen slowly. To his surprise Timcanpy seemed to flinch and shake it's little round head.

"Tim, I really need to know what's been going on." frowned Allen in confusion reaching toward the Golem. To his surprise took off the moment his hand got close and dove under his bed to hide.

"Tim!" complained Allen dropping to his knees to peer under the bed but he could neither see nor coax the Golem from it's hiding place, "That's so weird... you've never tried to hide anything from me before."

Allen sat back on his heals wondering what on earth had happened that Timcanpy didn't want him to see or know about. Sighing, Allen got up and wandered to the bathroom. Splashing his face with water and then drying it off with a towel examining his face in the reflection looking for some sort of change. He noted that he was a little skinnier and had become increasingly pale with dark shadows under his eyes from apparent lack of sleep. Allen fingered his hair which was becoming increasingly long and unkempt. He really needed a hair cut. Apparently whatever Neah had been up to he hadn't been taking very much care of his body. He thought about how Timcanpy had eaten and seemed starved of attention as well. It seemed Neah hadn't taken good care of his Golem either.

Strangely, this made Allen much more mad then Neah not taking care of his body. 

Muttering darkly under his breath about the Noah Allen reached for his shirt. However as he shrugged in into the sleeves a letter fell from it's folds. It wasn't addressed or signed, but Allen recognized the handwriting from the Ark. Neah.


By this time you've doubtless woken up and have been wondering what on earth has been going on. I don't trust Timcanpy to tell you what's been going on, but no matter: she doesn't know everything anyway. 

 (Allen stifled a gasp: Timcanpy was a she? he had always kinda assumed that Golems were sexless creatures made by scientist's. Quickly recovering Allen went on to read) The thing is Allen, your Innocence won't respond to me and is going to kill us both if you don't control it... But same goes for you and my Noah (which whether you like it or not is part of you) In order to survive the upcoming battles with the Earl (and likely the Order too) we are going to need each other. You to control the Innocence. Me to control the Noah. I don't like this arrangement either, trust me, but I don't see another way.
I'll give you a few days to recover and get your innocence under control (and do something about that cut in your side! It's @#$%ing annoying!) Then we need to work on finding some kind of balance: I am not going to simply lay back and wait for you to call on me, I want time out and in control too.
If you have anymore questions or need help just order Timcanpy. You have to be very specific about your orders other wise she'll try and wiggle her way out of them. Just remember she is bound to do what ever I say and, to a certain extent (as long as you don't order her to do something against me), she has to obey you too. She has another message for you but she's not going to want to give it to you if she can help it (if her reluctance to take it was any indication.) MAKE SURE YOU ASK HER.
I'll be in touch in two days.
 
Allen stared at the paper clenching it tight. So that was why Neah had allowed him to survive. But if Neah thought he was simply going to help him with the Noah's sick goal he was much mistaken. And what was this business about ordering Timcanpy to do stuff? Timcanpy was a Golem (and apparently a girl one too) how much could a little winged ball that changed sizes really do? Resisting the urge to crumple the letter Allen stuffed into his pocket and vacated the bathroom not even bothering to button up his shirt. 
Timcanpy was nestled on the pillow when he came out. The Golem twitched when it saw him and Allen wondered if it was contemplating hiding again.
"Hey Tim... erm Timcanpy." Allen corrected himself... he wasn't sure if you should call a girl "Tim" though he wasn't sure if he could break the habit. The Golem cocked it's head, seeming confused by his correction. 
"Sorry," apologized Allen smiling weakly sitting down on the bed too pulling his hand through his annoyingly longish hair, "I am still trying to bend my mind around the fact that your a girl."
To his surprise Timcanpy bristled, the Golem's feathers standing in alarm as it jumped off the pillow and began fluttering nervously. Allen blinked, why was Timcanpy nervous about him knowing she was a girl? was it perhaps a little too close to what ever Timcanpy would like to hide from him? 
"Neah left me a letter-" began Allen holding up but to his surprise Timcanpy made a weird sound in the back of her throat and and darted forward and stole the note and took off.
"Timcanpy! Stop!" shouted Allen, to his surprise Timcanpy froze in mid air and fell to the ground. Allen blinked in shock till he realized that he had given her an order to "stop"... he guessed that meant Neah had been telling the truth about her obeying him. Allen grimaced, he wasn't sure he liked that.
"Oh god Timcanpy..." whispered Allen scooping up the little Golem and holding it gently. He could feel Timcanpy quivering in his hands, "I don't want to order you around. You can move however you want."
Timcanpy tentatively moved and lifted her little cross covered face up towards him still trembling slightly. She nipped at his thumb half heartedly and Allen laughed slightly. He traced his fingers over her form in soft, soothing, motions and the little Golem seemed to relax further.
"What's up Tim?(hang it if it's not a girl nick-name, you'll always be Tim for me) You hardly ever show any sort of emotion and now you suddenly all over the place." said Allen carrying the small Golem back to the bed with him keeping up his soft caresses so as not to startle the little creature. Suddenly, and explanation for why she might be acting this way towards him crossed his mind and Allen's eyes harder at the thought.
"Tim?" Allen asked voice shaking, "Neah- he didn't hurt you or anything did he?" Timcanpy gazed up at him and then flew up and nuzzled his cheek slightly before burrowing into his hair. That wasn't exactly an answer. He felt a surge of fondness for his precious little Golem. He may not be able to find out if Neah had hurt his dear little Golden friend, but he planed on having a nice little chat with the Noah he was hosting telling him exactly what he would be doing to him if he ever tried to hurt the Golem in the future. 
For now though Allen was content. Still tired from what ever Neah had put his body through while he was in control, Allen shrugged off his shirt again and laid back down. Timcanpy bit his ear to inform him that he was squishing her and Allen laughed lightly apologizing and shifting so the Golem could burrow it's way back out of his white locks and curl up under his chin. Allen smiled and drifted off to sleep with his Golem held close.
*****
'I can see why you were so un-Golem-like in your description of this stuff,' commented Meloni using the hooks on her bat like wings to drag some more chocolate towards her, 'To con a human phrase: it's "the bomb".'
'Mmhmm!' agreed Lofty bouncing up on to a shelf to retrieve some more, her webbed wings not meant for flying through the air, but rather through the water.
'Yeah! I love it! and when I go into my human form my skin is the exact same color! but it doesn't taste yummy...' sighed Tippi her dragonfly wings drooping.
'Of course not ばか.' said Meloni opening her mouth as wide as it would go revealing rows of shark-like teeth before taking an enormous bight out of a chocolate cake. 
'Are humans supposed to taste yummy?' inquired Lofty mildly from the top shelf.
'Gah! stop making fun of me! I was curious! That does not make me a ばか!' exclaimed Tippi hotly, her dragonfly wings buzzing furiously. Meloni stopped chewing to stare at her, Lofty stopped raiding the pantry to peer down at Tippi in shock.
'What the @#$%?' asked Meloni once she'd swallowed.
'You sound all... it's almost as if you're... angry..' said Lofty uncertainly.
"Like some low life beast or human." agreed Meloni.
'I AM NOT ANGRY!' screeched Tippi. The other two Golem's stared at her in mild disbelief, 'I- I am just... irritated.'
'Golem's don't get irritated. What the @#$% is wrong with you?'  Commented Meloni going back to her cake.
'I-I don't know.' admitted Tippi visibly drooping back onto the table, 'I think it must be what ever is wrong with Timcanpy.'
'Emotions...' mused Lofty, 'Could it be some sort of sickness?'
'Does it look like I care?' asked Meloni carefully eating the round cake into a square.
'It would be a problem if we caught it too though...' mused Lofty.
'Well you should hurry up and try and fix it! Emotions are over rated! I want to go back to how I was before.' huffed Tippi, then paused and corrected her self, 'I want to go back to how I was before, but keep the chocolate... and maybe Neah too.'
'Neah?' asked Lofty, confused.
'That human @#$% face that forced Timcanpy to be his slave.'Meloni informed her with disinterest.
'NEAH ISN'T A @#$% FACE!' screeched Tippi firing up again and seeming to swell startling Lofty again, though this time Meloni remained unaffected.
'Um... he sort of is Tippi,' said Lofty meekly, 'He's a Noah, he does all sorts of nasty things-'
'I DON'T CARE! HE'S FUNNY! HE-HE MAKES ME LAUGH! HE'S CUTE AND THOUGH HE'S A LITTLE AWKWARD ABOUT IT YOU CAN TELL HE CARES! HE- HE GAVE ME NAME! AND ALWAYS WANTS TO TALK TO ME! I DON'T BELIEVE HE'S REALLY BAD! I REALLY-ACK!' this time even Meloni jumped as Tippi suddenly really did swell and drop out of the air onto the floor. Lofty bounced down from her shelf next to Meloni on the table. Together the two Golem's peered over the edge at their friend.
'Oh wow.' commented Meloni.
'Tippi!' exclaimed Lofty.
"Gah..." groaned Tippi from the floor opening her eyes and lifting her hand to rub her head, then she froze seeming to realize something: her hand?
"AHHHHHH!!!!" screeched Tippi leaping to her feet, "WHY IS TIPPI IN HUMAN FORM!?"
'ばか' commented Meloni, 'you got to obsessed with that human and now your turning into one your self!'
'Oh dear... what should we do?' asked Lofty.
"Guy's! say something to Tippi!" said Tippi panicking. If Golem's eyes were visible Tippi would have seen the two blink at her in confusion.
'She can't understand Golem speak apparently in this form.' sighed Meloni.
'Oh dear..' said Lofty again.
"Tippi is having a little trouble turning back into a Golem!" said Tippi freaking out even more as she clutched at her head, "What has happened to Tippi?!"
'She'll never be able to return to Golem form with human emotions coursing through her.' sighed Lofty.
'She'll have to wait till she can calm down.' agreed Meloni.
"Who's in there! show yourself?!" came a voice from the door way.
"Shop keeper." said Tippi blankly.
"Who the @#$% are you freak!?" screeched the shop keeper taking in her dark skin, odd cloths, wild charmed hair, tattooed arms, and bright purple eyes. Meloni sighed, Tippi was never going to calm down long enough to turn back into a Golem at this rate. Not that she really cared, but she had a feeling that they might not let her return to the Golem world if she let another golem turn into a human when she could have prevented it. She'd better take things into her own hands. But first she would have to have hands. Meloni quickly jumped behind the table so the shop keeper wouldn't see her transform: that generally freaked humans out.
"I apologizes for the ばか's rudeness." said Meloni when she stood up in human form, trying to speak the way she had read humans were supposed to in these sorts of situations... like they actually cared (she also recalled that human's preferred to refer to things in first person when speaking. Meloni suppressed a snort: how were you supposed to tell in a conversation if you didn't refer to yourself by your name? how did humans possibly not get confused when the all referred to themselves as "I"?). The shop keeper gasped at her sudden appearance, however he seemed a little reassured by her slightly more human appearance. Meloni had read many articles about how humans dressed, and though her own style was still eccentric (a short stature with a ruffly dress, tall heeled boots, shimmery brown hair that almost reached the floor, a jacket to hide her tattooed arms, and glasses to hide jewl-like(Tigereye) eyes) she seemed much more normal then Tippi.
"And who are you two young... ladies?" said the shop keeper with a glance at Tippi as if not sure if she counted as a "Lady" Meloni felt as if might actually smile but she pushed it away: she was certainly not stupid enough to get stuck in human form.
"I am..." Meloni racked her knowledge of European human names, "Bethany. This ばか is called-"
"Yasmine." supplied Tippi. Meloni frowned, if she continued to remain so attached to that human Noah (doing stupid things like getting attached to the name he'd given her) she really was going to end up getting stuck as a human forever. She could tell that Lofty, who was hiding in a pot, was thinking along the same lines.
"Alright, Bethany and Jasmine, what are you you doing in my kitchen?" asked the shop keeper glowering at them.
"Yasmine loves your chocolate-" said Meloni.
"ALOT!" said Tippi.
"-and she was hoping for a job here." supplied Meloni. She was glad the shop keeper had stopped glancing at Tippi or he would have seen the look of surprise on her face or heard the little gasp from Lofty's pot.
"Well..." he said uncertainly glancing at Tippi's eccentric appearance.
"You wouldn't need to pay her. Just give her a corner to sleep or something and a little chocolate from time to time." said Meloni, there was no telling how long Tippi was going to be stuck on her petty human obsession. Might as well ensure she had an option to be comfortable.
"...I suppose I was needing an assistant in the back to help make the chocolate..." he said scratching his head, he flinched as Yasmine gave him a slightly insane smile, "But I'll only take her on if you come too to keep an eye on her."
"...Sure." said Meloni, the moment Tippi turned back into a Golem she was out of this world.
"Okay... Bethany... Jasmine... I'll show you to the spare room." mumbled the shop keeper looking like he thinking he might regret the decision. As he turned Tippi made to jump for joy but Meloni quickly punched her in the gut to silence her. Meloni beckoned to the pot and Lofty bounced out and into her dress pocket. They got to their room and the shop keeper bid them an awkward goodnight. The moment he was out of sight Meloni turned back into a Golem.
"What is this thing!" asked Yasmine in delight throwing herself on the little bed provided, she giggled, "And why is it so FLUFFY!"
'If Tippi has become so obsessed with her human that she turned into human form without thinking why hasn't Timcanpy?' wondered Lofty.
'Timcanpy wasn't attached to Neah. Ever. She is just realizing that she became a little too fond of a human and it was affecting her efficiency in switching between forms... which is why she called for our help.' said Meloni.
'Good thing the host is gone now, or she might start having problems like Tippi.' said Lofty practically.
'So long as he doesn't come back into her life I think she won't have any more trouble.' agreed Meloni.
"AH! It's bouncy too!" cried Tippi in delight bouncing on the bed, completely un aware of the conversation in Golem-speak.
'What are we going to do about her?' asked Lofty staring at their fellow Golem-turned-human, 'she doesn't even seem to want to calm down.'
'Hopefully Alyssa will come soon and she generally can talk Tippi around.' said Meloni though she was beginning to believe that Tippi had simply gone stark mad.
'Where is Alyssa? she should be here by now.' wondered Lofty.
'She said something about finding yummy looking cousins or something.' said Meloni shrugging her bat wings.
'Butterflies?' asked Lofty frowning.
'I guess.'
"SO FLUFFY!" the two Golem's sighed.
'At least Timcanpy is safe from this madness since her human is gone.' Lofty consoled herself.
****
Allen felt warm and comfortable. He wondered why: It was winter and he had fallen asleep with out the blankets. Oh well, he was comfortable. He breathed in deeply in contentment. Then frowned with his eyes closed and breathed again, there a faint sent that he didn't recall ever smelling before... rather like sunshine and flowers (what ever that smelled like). There was something in his arms he registered sleepily. A pillow? but he was laying on the pillow. Oh well, it was soft and warm and that was all that mattered. Intent on sleeping a few more hours at least (it wasn't quite dawn yet) he drew whatever it was that he was holding closer to him. Then he froze. He could feel a mixture of soft cloth and skin against his bare chest and... a soft, steady heart beating right along his rapidly increasing one.
Gulping, Allen dared to open his eyes. He found he face buried in soft brown locks that were twisted together with a scarf and many keys. He realized the sent he had been smelling before was coming from this soft light brown hair. Feeling even more apprehensive he drew himself back to see exactly what, no who, was in his arms. There he found the prettiest girl he'd ever seen curled up, almost trustingly, against him. He couldn't hold back the deep blush as took in the sight of her. She was not exactly wearing what he would call proper cloths for a lady he noted, his blush darkening. Her top had no sleeves leaving her small shoulders bare except the odd feathery tattoo's that spiraled down her arms and the hem of it not even covering her stomach. Her skirt rode a little low, though, thankfully, it was significantly longer than lenalee's. Her feet were bare and slightly cut and bruised with golden chained cuffs hanging from them.
Allen raised his eyebrows at the chains in alarm, did that mean she was some kind of prisoner? She hummed something happily in her sleep and nuzzled her  pretty face back safely under his chin. Allen tried not to resemble a statue as he remained frozen against her, uncertain of what to do about his arms still wrapped around her bare waist. As he moved his arm he saw something on her hip that his arm had been blocking. A 14 tattooed on her right hip. A 14 with many twists and knots. Swallowing back the sickening feeling in his gut as he began to understand as he looked between the "14" and the chains on her ankles.
"Y-your Neah's slave or something aren't you?" whispered Allen in horror, "You must have thought I was him or something..."
Allen didn't know whether to be sick or angry. How could Neah have chained up such a beautiful, pure, girl with such a innocent, trusting, face and force her to wear such vulgar clothing(though he admitted the cloths made her look enchanting he doubted they were something she had picked out) and then make her do his bidding? he'd even branded her! Allen bit back an angry snarl. He wondered how she had gotten here and why she had decided to curl up with him in his bed. He wondered if it was something Neah would have her usually do. He shuddered. Allen looked around for Timcanpy to see if maybe he-no she, he corrected himself- could show him exactly how Neah's little slave had ended up in his bed with him.
He couldn't find Timcanpy.
Allen frowned, lifting himself a little. Something made a clinking sound between them. Allen looked down and noted for the first time a caller with a chain on her. Allen made a disgusted face, was she his dog or something? god this was so messed up. Then he noticed the gold cross that hung from the chain. He froze.
It was exactly the same as Timcanpy's.
There was also a tiny braid that hung separate from the rest like- like a tail, that poofed out and swirled a little at the end.
Allen gulped. There was no way. There was no @#$%ing way. Neah must have some sick sort of fetish about dressing his slaves up like his Golem's... some sort of twisted means of lowering their self esteem or something. Still, he couldn't help himself. Allen reached up and cupped the strange girls face and tilted it up so he could see it better. His eyes searching against his will for something familiar in that beautiful face.
"Timcanpy...?" he asked quietly. The girl beneath his hands stirred and slowly opened sleepy eyes that where caught somewhere between green, gold, and blue. Allen caught his breath and tried to will his heart not to beat faster. It didn't listen to him.
"Allen?" she asked softly in confusion. Allen's heart did a little backflip. Her voice was almost bell like, with a soft sweetness. Yet it somehow felt familiar... Then something registered in his brain: she'd called him Allen. Not Neah. She was Neah's slave, yet she new him.
"Are you..." he struggled to say it: it seemed so ridiculous. It couldn't possibly be true. Yet... Allen brushed brown bangs out of her face, his fingers lingering on cheek, "...Could you be my Timcanpy?"
She blinked at him. Then suddenly she froze. Glanced down at her self. And let out a high pitched shriek that nearly split Allen's eardrums, leaping out of him arms and scrambling to the corner of the room where she hugged her knees to her chest, her face turning a hundred shades of red as she began muttering to herself.
"What did happen?! Why is Timcanpy suddenly sleeping with Master Allen looking like a human?! Timcanpy never even thought about changing forms! yet here she is! Why can Master Allen still see Timcanpy when she does look so different?! Did Master Neah tell him?! But he swore that he could tell!... though Master Neah is a liar. Oh! Timcanpy is so confused!" she muttered rocking her self back and forth.
"So you are Timcanpy..." murmured Allen getting up and walking closer to her. She gave a faintly tariffed squeak and pressed her back more firmly into the wall. Allen stopped. It hurt him to see her so afraid of him. This... This was his Timcanpy. His beloved little Golem. She had always been very dear to him, but, Allen felt a pang of guilt, he feared he had always treated her more like a dear pet then a person. He knelt down on her level holding up his hands to show he meant no harm, though they both knew if he invoked his Innocence he wouldn't even need to move to have Crown Clown pin her where she sat. Still it was the gesture that counted... he hoped.
"Timcanpy... I am not going to hurt you." Allen assured her.... she didn't look reassured and didn't relax her tense position. 
"Do you not hate your Timcanpy for hiding that she can change her shape? Do you not also hate your Timcanpy with intransigence because she did compromise your sleeping by transforming while in bed with you?" she asked with big green yes that practically glowed in the shadows that hid her beautiful form from him. 'she's a Golem' he reminded himself, 'she might look like a human lady, but she is still my little golden Golem.' Then her words registered with his brain.
"Hate you?" said Allen aghast, "I was startled, yes, but I could never hate you Timcanpy!"
"Master Allen's brain is still fogged from sleep," said Timcanpy looking away from him, biting her lip, "When he regains his senses he shall not think so highly of his Timcanpy."
"What?! I don't remember she I've been more wide awake! how could I still be sleepy after the shock I've had?" spluttered Allen almost angrily moving closer to her. He let out an exasperated breath as she shook her head even more, her eyes heavy with guilt. Finally Allen had enough of it, he grabbed her by her shoulders and tilted her head up. she tried to turn her eyes away.
"Master Alle-" she began.
"Look at me." he interrupted. She kept her face away, "look at me!"
She looked.
"Stop trying to convince me that I hate you: it's not going to happen!" he said, his gaze smoldering, seeming to pin her where she sat, "After- After all we've been through together..."
"Allen." she said softly, he noticed with some pleasure that she had not called him "Master" this time. He smiled: good. they were making progress.
"After all we've been through." he continued his grip on her tightening, "How can you not know that I care about you!"
She stared at him with eyes that carried a million flecks of color in them. Allen felt his cheeks heat up as he realized what he had just said might sound to someone else like a love confession. That wasn't what he had meant of course, I mean, she was his Golem for goodness sake! not some human girl he could fall in love with, however much she might look it. 
"You really... don't hate me? Really?" she asked. Her eyes held such wondering hope. Allen's heart fluttered.
"That's what I've been telling you silly." he grinned hoping her lightly on the nose. She smiled shyly back. Then her gaze turned uncertain.
"Master Allen...?" she began tentatively.
"Just Allen." he said firmly. Her mouth turned down slightly her chin quivering slightly. Allen frowned, he wished he could do something to sure her that she didn't have to be so @#$% scared of him. 
"Master Neah might punish me though..." she whispered her eyes downcast. Ah... so that was the problem.
"Master Neah can go @#$% himself." commented Allen, she blinked at him and stifled a giggle. Allen grinned back a bit embarrassed, he'd never used such vulgar language in front of a lady before, "Don't worry... I'll handle him. Now go on, what was your question?"
"I-" she bit her lip glancing up at his face uncertainly and then away, "Would you permit me to-" she stuttered under his disapproving gaze before correcting herself, "Would you be willing to- to hold me maybe?"
Allen blinked, well he hadn't expected that.
"Uh... okay?" he said uncertainly a blush coating his cheeks. Timcanpy tentatively crawled forward into his lap and he hesitantly wrapped his arms around her. Eventually they relaxed and Allen traced patterns on her back absentmindedly and he felt her hum happily against his chest. This scene was familiar, Allen realized. Every time, when he had been upset, or depressed, or worried, or anything really, he he used to take his Golem into his arms and hold it close and eventually once he had calmed down he would trace patterns on the Golem and she would hum quietly. Timcanpy humming happily... it had always been a sign that, in this moment, all was well. Allen smiled, why had he thought things had changed? just because he now knew his Golem could look like a very pretty girl? Timcanpy, he realized, was the same as ever, whether she was in Golem form or human. Only he, startled by the presence of a pretty girl, had changed the dynamic of their relationship. But he would fix that, he would treat her the same as ever now (hopefully). Timcanpy was a Golem, she didn't know about things like attraction and such. Well at least with humans, I mean, she was a Golem right? why on earth would she be attracted to another species? she wouldn't. It wouldn't even cross her mind.
"Mast-erm, Allen?" said Timcanpy softly.
"Hmm?"
"Timcanpy has calmed down now. She will not have such emotions again. If Allen wishes, Timcanpy can now turn back into her Golem." said Timcanpy calmly looking up at him. Allen blinked, that was not the gaze of a human, but a Golem. No human could have such a completely serene expression in their eyes. To his surprise he found himself slightly disappointed for some reason. This reminder that she really wasn't a human... why did it make him feel so... wistful. Perhaps it was better if she returned to her Golem form, less confusing. He wouldn't have to keep reminding himself that he couldn't see her as a girl. Even so though...
"You may be in what ever form you feel like. However..." he smiled into her hair and gave her shoulders a squeeze. She looked so confused by this action, so totally un-comprehensive of what on earth that gesture was supposed to mean, Allen almost laughed. Instead he continued, "... I would like it if sometimes you would spend time with me in your human form."
"...why?" she asked confusion setting deeper into her delicate features. This time Allen really did laugh.
"Because I enjoy your company and I like talking to you." Allen grinned.
"Oh..." Timcanpy thought about it, "I guess that's okay... I shall remain in this form a while longer then."
"Until Neah comes back in two days." Allen said. 'I don't want that bastared near her if I can help it, at least in Golem form she doesn't attract as much attention and can fly away if need be.' He thought grimly.
"Mmm... yes, Neah does not like Timcanpy's human form: It disgusts him." said Timcanpy frankly.
"Did he tell you that?!" demanded Allen angrily.
"All the time." said Timcanpy blinking and tilting her head at him as if trying to figure him out.
"Timcanpy, you are beautiful." said Allen firmly, trying to keep the blush from his face, "Don't ever believe the nasty things Neah tells you."
"Timcanpy does not really know anything about beautiful," commented Timcanpy, "But Timcanpy also has never cared what people think or say unless it's an order."
"So you always are by yourself? unaffected by whether or not people care about you or not? if they want to be close to you or if they want you dead?" asked Allen trying to wrap his mind around it: complete indifference to everything.
"Indeed. Humans are the only ones have need of such things, not Golems." said Timcanpy mildly.
"It sounds lonely." said Allen quietly.
"Timcanpy does not know what that means."
"It means that you feel all by your self without anybody caring for you... that you long for company even if you don't know whose."
"Feelings... are for humans. I have never felt the need for company nor for anybodies approval. I am a Golem, we don't really care." commented Timcanpy. For reasons unknown to Allen this upset him greatly.
"I care..." he said quietly.
"You don't have to lie," commented Timcanpy, completely unfazed, "Your a human, it shouldn't matter that a Golem doesn't feel." 
"It dose matter though, I care whether you are happy or sad, if your hurt or healthy, if people say cruel things to you or kind things... if you were to suddenly disappear from this world I would cry, I would miss you." said Allen earnestly. Something flickered in her eyes.
"You would leak salt water from your eyes if I disappeared for ever?" she asked slowly.
"Uh... that's one way of putting it, but yes. yes I would." said Allen blinking at her odd word choice.
"Because you are human and take part in this "caring" thing?" asked Timcanpy, her face was turned away so Allen couldn't see her expression. It was probably some form of "mild"...This bothered him for some reason.
"It's not a club Timcanpy. We all have hearts, we all have feelings. Yours are just buried deeper then most." said Allen with conviction. 
"No Allen, Timcanpy has already told you: Golem's don't do the feeling thing." said Timcanpy turning back to face him with a blank expression.
"And I told you that I don't believe that, I've seen you. Back there," Allen pointed to the wall where she had huddled convinced that he hated her, "that was "fear" you were feeling. And you were were certainly "Feeling" it very strongly." 
"Are you saying that Timcanpy must be a freak?" asked Timcanpy slowly.
"No-"
"But Golem's don't feel, yet apparently, according to Allen, Timcanpy feels. Something only humans and animals do... Which Timcanpy is neither. That makes Timcanpy a freak, yes?" said Timcanpy bluntly.
"Gah... that is not what I meant. You are twisting my words." said Allen in frustration.
"Timcanpy does not see how that is possible. She has never touched a word, so  how could she twist it?" asked Timcanpy in confusion. Allen laughed at her expression despite himself. He smiled softly at her, she was his annoying little golden Golem alright... and yet, to him, she was steadily becoming even more.
"Timcanpy, you don't need to understand everything... sometimes... you can just go with the flow. All you need to know is that I really do care for you." Allen smiled, he took her hand and pressed it to his beating heart, which he realized, was beating a little faster then usual, "See? it's for you." he teased. Timcanpy frowned, opening her mouth doubtless to tell him that she did not understand again, but he arched his eyebrow at her with a smile and she shut her mouth and simply nodded.
"Alright!" said Allen sitting back and helping her to her feet, "I don't know about you but I am hungry!" he noticed with satisfaction that her eyes brightened at the mention of food.
"Shall we go get some grocery's? I believe we cleared out the pantry with our last meal." inquired Timcanpy as if she couldn't care less, though Allen could see the hint of excitement in her eyes.
"Yes." agreed Allen nodding thoughtfully.
"Alright, let's go." said Timcanpy heading towards the door.
"Ah, no!" said Allen quickly grabbing her wrist.
"What?" asked Timcanpy.
"You can't go out in that." commented Allen glancing at her up and down and then away with a faint stain on his cheeks.
"Then in what? just my skin?" asked Timcanpy reaching for the hem of her cloths.
"No! that would be worse!" said Allen in panic.
"Then what?" asked Timcanpy.
"We'll buy you some cloths when we're out, till then I'll lend you some."
"I shall look pretty foolish. Your cloths shall be giant on me."
"I thought you didn't care what people thought?"
"I don't, but you seem to, to a degree. Though I don't see why: Master Cross's ladies often wore far less then Timcanpy."
"You are NOT one of Master Cross's "ladies" so you can forget about that. Nor do I want you taking you edicate lessons from them. If you must copy a human women you can learn from Lenalee or Miranda or someone NOT a w***e."
"So Timcanpy should where a mini skirt and run about and kick people in the face and serve them coffee and then apologies to the world for my existence and fall over and break things?"
"Please don't."
"Then I don't understand."
"Just... go with it 'kay?"
"Allen makes no sense."
Allen laughed and when he turned away Timcanpy smiled at his back fondly. Then she shook her head and fallowed Allen.
****
'Yummy! Yummy! Fallow the butterflies! Fallow the butterflies! EAT THE BUTTERFLIES!' sang Alyssa as she flew, snapping up the odd purple butterflies as she went. She knew she was supposed to meet the other Golems quite a while ago, but, she was a Golem and couldn't bring her self to care. Since the people waiting for her were Golems too she knew they didn't really care either. So Alyssa flew about munching on purple glowing butterflies, fallowing a trail of them through the woods and into an old mansion. The deeper she went the thicker the butterflies.
'Ooh! I wonder if their nest is here...' Alyssa mused. At last she reached a old door that was shut and locked tight. Behind it she could hear the sound a thousands of butterfly wings. She was convinced that what ever the source of these wonderfully odd butterflies she was convinced it was behind this door. Excitedly she made herself very small and slipped underneath the door. Inside were more butterflies then she'd ever seen in one place. Big ones too... with sharp man eating teeth.
Grinning, Alyssa flashed her own deadly chompers. She grew in size and began sweeping about the room with her mouth open tried to catch as many as she could. Then suddenly caught her round body and slammed her against the wall narrowly avoiding crushing her wings.
'Ah? I've been caught. I wonder who this is? He looks like he's going to kill me.' mused Alyssa with interest.
"What the @#$% are you and why are you eating my tease?" asked the man, gold eyes burning.
'Oh, of course: it's the Noah of Pleasure.' Alyssa realized.


© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


Author's Note

TheEverHungryOne
Man...I was curious and measured... this chap is 26 pages if anybody is interested. WoOow...Woot woot! I was on a ROLE!
Anyhow I had lots of things I was going to say when I was writing but I foot them all! Well, if you attention span lasted, cudoss to you! hope you enjoyed!
Next chap more NeahxYasmine action + some TykixSiana. Also we shall see Lofty(Sarah) in human form and Allen is going to name me! Wooo! funness!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

follow the butterflies!! XD great chapter~~ I can't really scream in excitement because I think I might be losing my voice, but it was great!


Posted 11 Years Ago


LOL!!! This was funny!! Omg I'm stuck?! Oh well I loved it all the more!! Can't wait for next chapter!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


"'Yummy! Yummy! Follow the butterflies! Follow the butterflies! EAT THE BUTTERFLIES!' Sang Alyssa as she flew, snapping up the odd purple butterflies as she went." -That was funny!
---
""What the @#$% are you and why are you eating my tease?" Asked the man, gold eyes burning." -I know who that is~
---
"'Oh, of course: it's the Noah of Pleasure.' Alyssa realized." -Tyki of course~ Siana's gonna LOOOVE her part when she and Yazzy come back!
=============
I love this so far! Can't wait to see what I look like! Here's an idea, once you figure out what we all look in human form, you should draw us like you did with yourself. (When you can.)

Posted 11 Years Ago


PokemonFan#1

11 Years Ago

*takes cookie*
Lofty: A cookie?
Timcanpy: Yeah.
Lofty: Is it poisones?!
Timc.. read more
TheEverHungryOne

11 Years Ago

hahah I think you've got in touch with your inner Golem pretty well :D
PokemonFan#1

11 Years Ago

Really? YAY!!! >u

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 8, 2012
Last Updated on July 11, 2012
Tags: D. Grey Man


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne