Premonitions

Premonitions

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne
"

Neah and Allen will learn that they must except some unimaginable things. Meanwhile Timcanpy struggles with having having emotions for the first time in her long life.

"
Premonitions

"What the @#$% is wrong with this body?" fumed Neah as he was half supported half carried by an expressionless Timcanpy to the nearest inn, "It has all the right tools but yet it can't do @#$%!"
Timcanpy made no comment for she knew that a wrong word while her master was in such a foul mood would only result in a painful punishment at this point. Not that she really cared anyway. Golem's, strictly speaking, didn't care about anything very much. She managed to get them a room near the back (incase they needed to make a hasty escape) and laid a still loudly cursing Neah on the bed.
"... and you didn't even kill the @#$%ing Noah!" continued Neah. Timcanpy watched her master with a blank expression, not at all surprised that everything had somehow become her fault, "I had to go to the trouble of revealing you long before I planed to, and then you just have to go and @#$% everything up! I told you not to hold anything back! Did you not hear me?"
"I heard you Master Neah." replied Timcanpy. Neah glared at her. Timcanpy didn't even blink as Neah struck her across her face.
"Don't you ever dare to disobey me again or I'll make sure you can't walk for a week." Neah snarled. Timcanpy knew from experience that he meant it.
"Yes Master Neah." replied Timcanpy.
"Good, now go draw me a bath." said Neah rolling on his side, wincing from the innocence wound.
Timcanpy carefully rose and padded bare foot to the bathroom. Her feet were bruised and bleeding, she noticed idly, she would have to wrap them or she'd get in trouble for leaving bloody foot prints. Shoes would probably help a great deal she mused to her self as she turned on the water testing the temperature with her hand. Then she shook her head at her own foolishness. Shoes cost money. Neah would never bother buying (or stealing) shoes for a Golem slave.
As the bath filled Timcanpy leaned on the counter and stared at her human reflection. It had been quite some time since she had worn this form. She wondered if she could truly pass for a human. She wondered what Allen would have thought if he could have met her in this form. Timcanpy quickly shook her head ridding her self of that dangerous line of thinking. Noticing a trickle of blood that was drying at the corner of her mouth underneath her swollen cheek that was quickly turning a dark purple from where Neah had struck her. 'Twas a shame she bruised so easily Timcanpy mused as she dabbed at the blood with a damp cloth. Signs of pain always seemed to excite and provoke Noah she had noticed after all her years of having Neah as a Master. She paused her dabbing for moment staring at the painful mark.
"Master Allen would never have struck his Timcanpy." she whispered softly. Allen had been the first person she'd ever encountered that seemed to actually care for her. He had fed her, played with her, worried of her, protected her... been kind to her. Timcanpy blinked in surprise as small streams of salt water began to trickle from her eyes.
"What is this?" she said in slight panic, "I am leaking!"
She had seen humans, mostly Allen, leak in this manner before, but she was not a human! she didn't understand why this would be to her. Allen had cried when he had been extremely sad sometimes... or had lost something precious to him. Was Timcanpy sad? she didn't think Golem's were supposed to be able to feel sad. She had better hide this, she wasn't sure she wanted to know what Neah would do if he knew. Especially in the foul mood he was in right now. After finally taking over his host he could not seem to function properly in his new body... Allen's body... where her beloved Master would never smile at her and call out her name as he cuddled her close...
"Allen...!" Timcanpy choked, sliding down to the floor and wrapping her arms around her knees as a sob worked it's way past her lips... and then another, "M-master Allen! D-don't go! C-come b-back! D-don't leave your Timcanpy all alone!"
****
"I'll call you if I need anything." said Neah distractedly shoving Timcanpy out of the bathroom, "Hopefully this bath will make the #$%^& innocence settle down."
"Yes Master Neah." replied Timcanpy. Neah narrowed his eyes. Something was different about her, something had changed in the 30 years he'd been away. Her face was not as blank as it usually was. She looked... almost human. Neah hissed and grabbed her by her braid, jerking her face close to his. Timcanpy did not meet his eyes.
"And get the @#$% back into your normal form! you look @#$%ing disgusting." spat Neah before shoving her back again and slamming the door shut. Shedding young Allen Walkers cloths he tried not to feel too guilty about Timcanpy as he slipped into the warm water of the tub. One of the main reasons he had chosen a Golem for his personal slave (aside from the fact that they were @#$%ing powerful) was that they did not have emotions. They did not feel pain (or so he told himself) Neah didn't particularly like hurting people. But he was a Noah and there was times he could not control his more sadistic nature. That is why it was better he had a tool that he could abuse as much as his wild moods required with out being in danger of breaking it... Timcanpy seemed to much like... a person... but only when he ordered her to appear like a human.
There was really nothing to worry about: she was a Golem. Golem's weren't people, they didn't feel. 
There was nothing to feel guilty about.
****
"What is this?!" whispered Timcanpy in panic. She had been glad when Neah had ordered her back into her normal form: the ache she had been feeling in her chest over the loss of Allen Walker was quite painful and she didn't like it one bit. However when she had clutched the golden cross hanging hanging from her chain nothing happened. Trying to keep panic from speeding through her (another new annoying emotion that she wasn't supposed to have) Timcanpy squeezed her eyes closed and concentrated. With agonizing slowness she felt her tattoo's unwind themselves from her shoulders and the human form she wore become light before contorting back into her normal, small, round, golden form. 
Timcanpy fluttered uncertainly. She had never had trouble shifting into her regular form before. Was something wrong with her? quickly she darted through the air to the bathroom door and pressed herself against it listening intently. Neah was still taking his bath, and if Timcanpy had correctly judged his exhaustion level, he would probably fall asleep there. Satisfied that he would be unlikely to need her anytime soon Timcanpy fluttered to the window and undid the latch with her sharp teeth. 
Outside she flew about searching for a good puddle of water. During her search she paused at the towns candy store and darted inside swallowing a wrapped chocolate bar whole. It did not go into her stomach however, for Golem's can swallow things and retain them in perfect condition without contamination for as long as they need. Darting back outside she continued her search. At last she found one to her liking and probed it with her tail as she fluttered above. At last the water stilled and she saw what she had been looking for: in the reflection was the starry night sky. Opening her jagged mouth Timcanpy proceeded to eat the reflection of one of the stars. Above her the real star winked out instantly and her insides burned as the world around her blurred momentarily. When things refocused she was no longer in the human world.
Darting between the thousands of other flying Golem's Timcanpy made her way to the top of what humans might compare to a tree. Lightly Timcanpy landed on the rim of a nest like growth and clicked her teeth to announce she was there. A small purple Golem came buzzing out hurriedly to see who was there. The small creature paused suddenly as it caught sight of Timcanpy.
'Timcanpy?' inquired the Golem uncertainly.
'Tippi, 7,000 seasons and you haven't changed a bit.' said Timcanpy in mild amusement.
'Of course not, I am a Golem.' said Tippi cocking her small head, 'though you seem to have.'
'I have?' asked Timcanpy, dread sinking into her gut.
'Yes,' said Tippi, face contorting in what might be called a frown, 'you are more... muchier? you have much more muchness then you did before. What has happened to you?'
'I am not sure,' said Timcanpy as Tippi ushered her further into the nest with her tail, 'a couple thousand seasons ago I got captured by a Noah and have been serving as his personal slave since.'
'And you don't like it? is that why you're here? I assume you need my assistance with something since you're here, but I still do not understand.' commented Tippi.
'I do not mind being his slave... Minding would have to mean that I actually cared, and well, we Golem's don't really care.' said Timcanpy shrugging her wings, Tippi nodded in agreement.
'So where do I come in?' asked Tippi.
'You know more about the human world then anyone else here. Yesterday my Noah took over his new host, this itself isn't uncommon, but I found with this Host...I minded.' said Timcanpy still barely believing it herself. Tippi gasped in surprise and confusion.
'Is that even possible?' asked Tippi.
'Apparently.'
'How odd...hmm... I think I understand what you want from me. You want me to find out what is wrong with you and how to fix it, yes?' asked Tippi.
'Yes.'
'I require payment.' warned Tippi.
'I brought payment.' said Timcanpy opening her mouth and producing the chocolate bar.
'What is this madness?' asked Tippi fluttering about.
'Chocolate. Allen introduced me to it... it seemed like something you would like.' said Timcanpy, she felt a twinge of something when talking about Allen. She hoped it went away soon, it was annoying. 
'Probably poisonous,' said Tippi sniffing distrustfully before taking a nibbling bite. Her wings froze mid-flight and then picked up double time as she goubled up the chocolate 'I am sold, take me to the human world.'
****
Tippi fluttered into the bathroom where lay the human fast asleep in the tub as Timcanpy said he would be. For some reason she seemed uncomfortable with the idea of coming in to chat with her human master while he was in the bath (though apparently she had done so many times with other hosts) Tippi sighed. The human world was definitely affecting the golden Golem.
'Hey!' Tippi called. No response. 'Hey!' The human didn't even twitch. Tippi sighed. Stupid humans, why couldn't they understand Golem-speak? Golem's could understand humans just fine. Yet another reason why Golem's were generally considered superior. She would have to appear to him human form it seemed. Tippi had observed that in the past couple hundred seasons or so humans it seems reacted less and less well if Golem's appeared in human form in not but their skins. So troublesome, Tippi was not as familiar with human clothing. Well, she'd keep it simple. 
Tippi let her form morph around her and her wings curl around her arms and sink into brown skin. Her hair was springy and wild barely tamed by a scarf. Tippi's human eyes appeared a deep black until she would tilt her head in the light in which you could tell they were actually a ever shifting huge of purple. The clothing Tippi had settled on was a simple sleeveless piece that went down to her feet (she didn't know what the norm was so she played it safe) With interest Tippi noticed for the first time that her skin was the exact shade of that delightful chocolate that Timcanpy had brought her. Curious, Tippi lifted her arm to her mouth biting into her skin. Tippi jerked her head back sticking her tong out distastefully: she was definitely not made out of chocolate.
"Who the @#$% are you?! and what the @#$% are you doing?!" choked a voice from behind her. Tippi turned to see that the human had woken up and had hoped out of the tub and was now hurriedly sliding into a pair of pants.
"Oh I just came to meet you! You're Neah Walker the Noah... but you're in Allen Walker's body right?" said Tippi not at all phased by the Noah's embarrassment.
"W-hat are you?" gasped Neah as he caught sight of her vibrant purple eyes.
"Well..." said Tippi blinking at him in surprise, "I is a Golem of course."
"A Golem... right." said Neah recovering slightly, "And you are a friend of Timcanpy's I take it?"
"What's a friend?" asked Tippi cocking her head, "Is it tasty?"
"Uh... I'll take that as a no. What's your name?" said Neah obviously trying to get the situation back under his control. Tippi obviously unbalanced him, a fact that made Tippi feel... well she wasn't exactly sure: Golem's don't feel, she reminded herself. Still, the knowledge made her strangely excited. This was fun.
"Uh-uh!" grinned Tippi wagging her finger at him, "Timcanpy told me that was how you make me a Golem slave! The naughty Noah does not get to have my name!"
"Well..." said Neah clearly disappointed, "What am I to call you then?"
"You can pick." said Tippi after a moment of consideration. 
"How about "Cleo"?" asked Neah.
"No." Tippi rejected immediately.
"Lucy?"
"Yuck."
"Hmm..." said Neah looking her up and down, Tippi noticed that his cheeks had colored... whatever that meant: humans were so weird, "How about Yasmine?"
"What?" asked Tippi having been distracted by the odd look in his golden eyes.
"Are you a Yasmine?" repeated Neah. Tippi turned the name over in her head.
"...It will suffice." said Tippi in approval after a bit.
"Okay then, Yasmine," said Neah watching her closely, "Why are you here? aside from meeting me what is your purpose?"
"...Chocolate." said Tippi firmly after a moment.
"Chocolate?" said Neah blinking in surprise, rocking back on his heals... it was clearly not the response he was anticipating, Tippi noted. But then, why in the world would she be in the human world if not to eat chocolate?
"Yes, it is quite delicious." said Tippi nodding to herself, "Yasmine wonderers if Noah is also delicious..."
"WHAT?!" spluttered Neah.
"Don't worry, I shan't eat you unless you want me to," Tippi assured, "Yasmine was merely noting that the innocence seems to think Noah is tasty like chocolate."
"I-what?" said Neah blanching, "the Innocence is trying to eat my Noah?"
"Mmhm..." said Tippi patting the scared face, "So you should probably ask your host to deactivate it, because Innocence no likey to listen to Noah's."
"You mean I'll have to keep Allen around to control the Innocence?" said Neah looking severally unhappy about the idea.
"Oh don't worry you'll live: what's-his-face(Allen?) will need to keep you around to control the Noah too." said Tippi thoughtfully. 
"I-is that so?" said Neah. If he were a Golem Tippi would have said his feathers were ruffled. To her surprise Tippi felt herself grinning at him... this Noah had kinda a funny personality...
"Yasmine like you." Tippi proclaimed making Neah jump and turn a delightful shade of pink, "Yasmine was planning on living forever more in the attic of the chocolate store but... she shall make an exception for you and maybe come visit again."
****
Timcanpy hovered uncertainly by the window watching Tippi's retreating fluttering form in the direction of the sweets shop. She hadn't gotten to really talk to Tippi after her talk with Neah but Tippi had hinted she had an idea of what was happening but was going to call on a few of their  acquaintances. If Lofty, Alyssa, and Meloni agreed with her theory then Timcanpy might be in serious trouble. But Tippi said that what ever happened to the little golden Golem it seemed likely that she too was going to share in her demise... She seemed waaay to happy about this.
"Tim, I know it's sudden, but it looks like I have a job for you." said Neah. He had been distracted since "Yasmine" had left with a small flush on his cheeks. At least he seemed in a better mood. Timcanpy swooped over to him and perched in front of him on the bed post.
"Listen very carefully, it's troublesome but it looks like I am going to have to have you baby-sit Allen Walker again..."
Timcanpy's little heart skipped a beat.


© 2012 TheEverHungryOne


Author's Note

TheEverHungryOne
Woooow that was looong.
I may have to write something light hearted in between chapters.
In case you forgot (or couldn't re-figure out) these characters are loosely based off us as such:
Timcanpy - Me
Tippi - Yasmine (of course)
Lofty - Sarah
Alyssa - Siana
Meloni - Bethany
(and then nobody else responded to my message for names)
Enjoy :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

good going :D next chapter is (as always) being waited for excitedly XD

Posted 11 Years Ago


Amazing!
Man, you (Timcanpy) write this Golem story so well!
I like it so far! (can't wait till I come in)
Keep it up!

=^_^=

Posted 11 Years Ago


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! GOT MY CHARACTER RIGHT AS ALWAYS!! I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!! 5 STARS!! god i loved the part where u introduced me to chocolate so like me!! (clutching stomach while laughing so hard) reminds me of a moment i must tell u in person!!! my college friends now know how much of a 'great' memory i have:)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
3 Reviews
Added on July 5, 2012
Last Updated on July 5, 2012
Tags: D. Grey Man


Author

TheEverHungryOne
TheEverHungryOne

phx, AZ



About
I LOVE FOOD! other then that I am a Renaissance girl (aka I have a lot of hobbies all of which I do intensely) and i am Dyslexic.... so if my writing gets confusing thats why. Oh and I go to a M.. more..

Writing
Sorted Sorted

A Chapter by TheEverHungryOne