Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

A Chapter by Blue Ivory

The moment Melissa entered the house with Tommy, unfortunately, they witnessed two mice running one after another. Melissa blushed and started walking even slower than before. She hoped irrationally that he hadn't noticed. Holding his hand, she guided the way to her bedroom.

"Home already?" Uncle Martin said, coming out of his room. He looked startled when he noticed Melissa had company.

"U-uncle Martin, this is my friend Tommy. Tommy, Uncle Martin." She introduced them hastily.

"She's told me a lot about you!" Tommy smiled.

"Wish I could say likewise." Martin told him. He seemed unhappy. Melissa wondered if he had a problem with the boy.

Cutting through the tension, Melissa continued to pull her boyfriend into her room, and then closed the door. Tired from walking in the park, Melissa sat down on her bed, taking off the same pink ballet flats that she had worn when she went to that group date, it being one of her only 3 pairs of shoes. She noticed it had been getting worn out in places, and it partly broke her heart. She loved those shoes, and now she was only left with a pair of sneakers and the heals that Olivia had given her as a present. She remembered last wearing those the day she'd met Tommy.


"Could you get the lights?" she told him, realizing just how exhausted she was. She had inherited her mother's strength.


"Uhh sure." Tommy told her, and flipped the switch. But the light did not turn on. All bills had been taken care of in time that month, now that Martin had only one house to pay for.


"Damn it! Try tapping the switch a few times." Melissa suggested, and he did. No change. "Okay, umm switch it off again, and this time, punch it on, really hard!" He did as he was told.


The lights flickered, and then turned on. After about 3 seconds, they were convinced the lights would stay on, and they let out sighs of relief subconsciously. Tommy gave Melissa a very confused look, to which she responded by shrugging, mortified. She thanked the heavens that she'd cleaned up earlier, or he would have seen her personal items lying around here and there.


"So, this is my home..." she said to break the silence.


"It's cute." he smirked. They both laughed. She was glad he didn't try to sound too nice, and sugarcoat things. She loved his sarcastic nature. He'd walked over to where she was sitting, so Melissa pulled him down to the bed with her. "You know, Melissa, this isn't so bad. My place isn't much better than this."


"Really?" her face lit up.


"I live on my own, remember? How good do you expect a 19 year old guy to be at house keeping? Besides, college keeps me busy. And my job at the movie theater." he assured her.


"I bet your parents' house is beautiful." she told him, disappointed once more.


"That's cuz my parents have help. You don't have it so easy. I get it." he told her, sounding meaningful. She couldn't look him in the eyes.

"Please don't tell anyone, okay? Anyone. You're the only one who knows.

"Your secret's safe with me." he told her. She continued to look down. He slid his fingers into her hair to rest his hand on the bottom of her head, then he pulled her closer to him, and kissed her for a while, hoping to get her to relax more. When they pulled away, he held her in his arms, letting her head rest on his chest. For a while, she just listened to his heart beating and his lungs breathing. She loved the warmth. But then a knock on her door interrupted their shared harmony.

"It's getting late, Melissa. I think your friend should leave now." Martin told her, as she opened the door.

"You're right. I'll get going." Tommy said, standing up and straightening his shirt. "I'll call you, okay?" he told Melissa, laying a peck on her cheek as he walked out the door.

"Let me get the door." Martin offered, and Melissa let the two important men in her life go out of sight before she took out her phone and texted her best friend saying

"Problem solved :)"


© 2013 Blue Ivory


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Another chapter, thoroughly immerse with imagery that had my imagination working to visualize the inside of Melissa's house. I really enjoyed it. I thought Uncle Martin was going to burst through the door with a shotgun or something to defend Melissa's honor. hehe
Keep up the great work. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blue Ivory

11 Years Ago

Lol that would definitely make the story more interesting :P I appreciate you taking the time to sta.. read more



Reviews

Ok, I'm finally through eleven and waiting on twelve.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blue Ivory

11 Years Ago

Thanks so much for reading :) I will update soon
Good writing. Carry on.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Another chapter, thoroughly immerse with imagery that had my imagination working to visualize the inside of Melissa's house. I really enjoyed it. I thought Uncle Martin was going to burst through the door with a shotgun or something to defend Melissa's honor. hehe
Keep up the great work. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blue Ivory

11 Years Ago

Lol that would definitely make the story more interesting :P I appreciate you taking the time to sta.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2013
Last Updated on March 24, 2013


Author

Blue Ivory
Blue Ivory

Dhaka, Bangladesh



About
I am a sugarcoated wreck. A cupcake with a chipped human tooth baked inside it. I breathe out soot left behind by the corpses you tried to bury but I come to you served in a silver platter. A hot.. more..

Writing
Covered Covered

A Poem by Blue Ivory


My Body My Body

A Poem by Blue Ivory


Growth Growth

A Poem by Blue Ivory