Chapter 12

Chapter 12

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Quetzal was there to greet Armand as he arrived with Mr. Black, Mr. Forest, Mr. Stalker, Louise and several guards. Mr. Stonevalley’s Village was very similar in appearance to Mr. Black’s Village.

    Quetzal was still troubled but working in overcoming these troubles that came about when he made his mistake in peering into the Other’s house which resulted in a not so nice spell befalling on him.

    His grey eyes had a little sparkle in them when he saw Armand. And his smile, Armand decided, seemed genuine.

    “Armand!” Quetzal called out.

    “Quetzal. Good to see you looking better.” Armand said.

    It had been a while since they had spent any time with each other.

    “Always improving. I don’t think of Shasta all the time anymore. I’ll never be my old self again but I’d like to be me in better shape.” Quetzal said then added, “If that even makes any sense.”

    “It does Quetzal. We can’t change what happens to us or how it affects us at first. All we can do is overcome the negative as best we can and improve ourselves.”

   Quetzal laughed. “Sounds like your Wolf Mother’s philosophy.”

    Armand added his laughter. “She is wise, you know.”

    “That I do know. She’s different and special.”

    “Quetzal. Armand. We’re heading for the Meeting House.” Mr. Stonevalley called to them.

    Quetzal made a playful face. “Duty time.” He said.

    “Yes, duty time. We’re really entering the adult world now. And later I have something I wish to tell you.”

    “Sure Armand.”

    Quetzal and Armand followed the rest of the Wolf People involved in the meeting as they all made their way to the Meeting House.

    Armand noticed his Wolf Mother and Cerise holding hands, heads tilted toward each other in serious conversation.

    Armand smiled. Then his thoughts went to Miss Feather. He felt his body’s response and suddenly he was wishing he were with her, alone, naked, and they were pleasuring each other in a private place in the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest.

 

    Miss Feather was missing Armand terribly even though he hadn’t been gone all that long. She worried he’d be gone a very long time and she didn’t think she could handle that.

    She wanted him here with her and her body ached for him, for his touch, for the physical pleasure he could give her.

    Miss Feather left her house and wandered through the village. She didn’t know where she was headed until she reached the edge of the village.

    She gazed into the shadowy forest and decided that was where she wanted to go. She shape shifted into her Wolf Form and glided into the forest.

    And she ran, exhilarating at the wonderful feel of freedom being in Wolf Form gave her.

    Miss Feather flowed through the forest, moving through clumps of shrubs and clusters of large dark green ferns without touching them.

    The sounds of owls calling, of coyotes howling and smaller animals moving across the forest floor were loud to her, but not overwhelming.

   The scent of deer and elk were even stronger than usual and more delicious when she was in her Wolf Form.

    She was hungry, she realized, but it wasn’t for deer or elk meat.

    And she wanted to hunt. But not hunt deer and elk.

    She came to a stop, feeling confused. She hungered and wanted to hunt but not for deer and elk, then what for?

    Miss Feather shape shifted back to her Human Form. She realized she had run quite a distance through the forest.

    A little bit of grey mist curled and coiled a few feet above the ground. She heard the drip drip drip sound as water dropped from the forest foliage and landed on the forest floor.

    Miss Feather sighed deeply and went to sit on a moss covered fallen log.

    Oh Armand, she thought, I need you so much right now.

    She realized she was in an unfamiliar part of the forest but that didn’t worry her. I’ll explore, she decided.

    Then Miss Feather picked up a scent that was familiar, very familiar and most unwelcome.

    She jumped off the log with a snarl, half crouched, hands out low with her talons curved, ready to do battle.

    Miss Feather knew who was approaching her, knew who was moving with such skill through the forest. But they couldn’t disguise their scent. It came before him and those with him like a sickening cloud of stench.

    Then Kyle came around a large cluster of ferns.

    His snow white hair streaked with silver and black shone in the silver blue moonlight that splashed down into the little clearing. His large round brown eyes looked Miss Feather over a couple times and he smiled. His shaggy white tail with black and silver streaked in it swept from side to side.

    “Well. A familiar face.” Kyle said.

    Miss Feather’s response was a low rumbling growl that was born deep within her.

    “Come now. Why so unfriendly? We didn’t part as enemies, did we? At least I don’t remember it that way.”

    Miss Feather straightened, relaxing a little, but not much.

    “This is now, not then.” She said.

    “Meaning what?” Kyle crossed his arms over his chest.

    “What ever you want it to.” Miss Feather responded.

    “It doesn’t matter.” Kyle looked her over again. “You’re just as pretty as I remember.”

    Miss Feather growled.

    Kyle’s smile deepened, revealing all his sharp white teeth. His pointed ears twitched and he gave a few sweeps of his shaggy tail.

    His tunic was loose and he didn’t have any sandals on his feet.

    “I’m looking for Joshie and Mandie. Have you seen them Miss Feather?”

    Miss Feather kept herself calm inside. She wasn’t about to give anything away. “Not since we left your home.”

    Kyle moved several steps closer to her. “I followed their trail then encountered several of your Wolf People in the forest. Then more of them. I was surprised to see so many.”

    Miss Feather didn’t respond.

    “But you’re out here alone. And you are quite attractive.”

    When he finished saying that several half wolf half human men emerged, surrounding Miss Feather.

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yes, I see nothing at all good coming of this situation!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That doesn't sound good. The Wolf people have taken hostages and now it seems like the Others are following suit...

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Good to see Quetzal is getting better. Miss Feather is in a predicament. Cool chapter. Your writing makes me want to read on to see what happens.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Miss Feather is in deep trouble now. Armand will have to find her and rescue her!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

305 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 1, 2010
Last Updated on May 1, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline