Chapter 18

Chapter 18

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    Mandie and Joshie sensed something was wrong and that they were in danger. But they knew they were helpless.

    They were in a house surrounded by hostile Wolf People. They didn’t stand a chance.

    And worse of all was the hatred they saw in Armand’s eyes.

    Mandie and Joshie looked at each other again. Mandie shrugged. Neither of them had any idea what had happened.

    Joshie whimpered. Tears filled the rims of her large round grey eyes.

    Mandie sniffed and took a deep breath, swallowing a sob with difficulty.

    Seeing this Mr. Thunder let out one loud laugh that sounded more like a bark.

    Quetzal chuckled. It was a very sinister and threatening sound.

    Watching from the doorway of their bedroom with Mr. Hunter, Miss Starfire said, “They’re scared.”

    “They ought to be.” said Mr. Hunter. “Every Wolf Person in this room wants to kill them for what their people have done to Miss Feather.”

    Armand stared at the Other Twins and could feel nothing but lethal anger toward them. The fact that they looked shocked at hearing their people did something to Miss Feather didn’t matter at all to him.

      Louise moved toward the Other Twins, going around the other Wolf People in the room. They all watched her. No one moved with her. She had a determined expression in her radiant green blue eyes.

    “Mandie and Joshie are here. Let’s get going.” Louise said. She sent soothing thoughts and feelings out into the room. They needed their two Others right now. They would serve a purpose.

    But right now Louise found it hard to be sympathetic toward the Other Twins. All she could think of was Miss Feather helpless in the clutches of Kyle and the Others. And Armand, broken and weeping with his fear for Miss Feather, who he loved and who was to be his Mate.

    As soon as Louise approached the Other Twins everyone else in the room began to move.

    “Time to get going.” Mr. Black said. “We have something to accomplish here and the sooner we get going the sooner we can rescue Miss Feather.”

    Mandie and Joshie looked up at Louise with fearful round grey eyes. They hoped to see friendship and compassion in her eyes but didn’t. Her eyes were upset. They wondered what happened with Miss Feather and their people, it must have been bad but no one was talking to them. Mandie and Joshie’s pointed ears went back flat against their heads.

    Louise ushered them toward the door surrounded by the other Wolf People which left them no chance to try to flee.

    The Other Twins whimpered and shivered as they went out the door.

    Seeing them upset brought no true satisfaction to Armand but he didn’t care that they were upset.

    And he wasn’t the only Wolf Person who felt that way.

    As they headed for Mr. Whitewater’s and Mr. Redwood’s Packs Quetzal and Mr. Thunder walked beside Armand.

    “We’ll find her unharmed.” Quetzal said. “And I’m going to kill Shasta with my fangs and enjoy doing it.”

    “We’ll tear apart every Other that we find.” said Mr. Thunder.

    Louise and Cerise walked on each side of the Other Twins who continued to whimper.

    There was no doubt to them now Kyle had done something with Miss Feather that had upset the Wolf People.

    Gone went their dreams of having Armand and Mr. Hunter as their husbands. They just wanted to go home now but weren’t stupid enough to believe they’d ever be going home.

    Mandie and Joshie were afraid they were soon to be killed by the Wolf People for revenge for what ever Kyle had done to Miss Feather.

    Mr. Black left the Village with every Wolf Person who remained behind on guard for any signs of Others approaching. Non-stop patrols were going around the Village expanding outward to encompass a wide area. Any Others who approached were to be killed.

    Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter were in Mr. Brown and Maple’s care. Mr. Brown had agreed to stay behind with his Mate to watch the twins. Louise worried having to leave them but felt they would be safe in Mr. Brown and Maple’s care. Maple was someone she had learned to trust with all her Wolf Children.

    Miss Snow and Pine came to walk along beside Louise.

    “I’m sorry for Armand.” Miss Snow said.

    “Yes.” agreed Pine. “I remember when he was so little and cute. Not that he’s not cute now but you know what I mean.”

    “I know what you mean and thank you.” said Louise.

    “Too bad these Others had to turn out so bad.” said Miss Snow.

    After she said that Louise, Miss Snow and Pine glanced down at Mandie and Joshie who still were whimpering.

    Cerise glanced down at them too. She shook her head. Their crying wouldn’t bring any Wolf Person feeling sorry for them.

    “Poor Miss Feather. She doesn’t deserve this.” said Pine.

    “We must get her back unharmed. I know what it feels like to have the one you love in danger.” Said Miss Snow, thinking of how close she came to losing Michar.

     “We will.” Insisted Louise. Her voice was cold with determination.

    “I wish they’d stop crying. The sound is making me sick.” said Miss Snow.

    Hearing this Mandie and Joshie started crying harder.

    Mr. Grey suddenly turned on the Other Twins and snarled. “Be quiet you two or I’ll rip your heads off!”

    Mandie and Joshie made little shrieks and snapped their mouths shut.

    Quetzal laughed. So did Mr. Thunder.

    “Come on, let’s keep going.” said Mr. Black.

    Cerise pushed on Mandie and Joshie’s back to get them moving faster.

    “Let’s get this over with.” Cerise said.

    “Look at them.” Quetzal said glaring down at the Other Twins with that look he had after first looking into Shasta’s window and later the anger that he had suffered from coming into his eyes now.

     Joshie noticed this and shivered. She reached out for Mandie’s hand and gripped it tight.

    After that the Other Twins walked much faster and made no more noise.

 

    “Here’s your room Miss Feather.” Kyle pushed her into a pink room. Miss Feather had shape shifted back into her Human Form and the stainless steel collar was still around her neck and Kyle held the end of the leash.

    Miss Feather looked around. The walls were pink, the drapes over the windows were darker pink, the bedspread was pink and so was the throw rugs scattered on the floor.

    The canopy bed was huge as well as a dresser up against the wall. There was a pink floral patterned couch up against another wall, a table with two chairs and a night stand with a lamp on it that had a pink shade.

    “Like it?” Kyle asked.

    Miss Feather didn’t know what to say.

    “Come on.” Kyle yanked on the leash then walked toward the bed, pulling Miss Feather along. “Let’s try out the bed. It’s soft. Just like you are, I bet.” And he raked Miss Feather with a very lustful look.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Gosh I hope they can raise an army with a fighting chance before Miss Feather goes through much more.... don;t how it could get worse for her without getting REALLY bad.... I like the unity in purpose and feeling that the wolf people have, so loyal to one of their own.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I must say the Other Twins didn't use good judgment when they followed Armand & the others back to the Village. Sometimes we put ourselves in harms way.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"Vengeance is not a valid motive, it's an emotional response."
-author unknown

The Wolf People seem to be very vengeful, which is never a good thing. I see no reason to punish the Other twins for the actions of their people. It's not like they had a hand in Miss Feather's capture.
Typical for a primitive race like The Wolf People to demonize all of a select group for the actions of only a few members.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The Wolf People are angry and with good reason; poor Miss Feather, what a horrible spot to be in. A very creatively done write.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Gosh I hope they can raise an army with a fighting chance before Miss Feather goes through much more.... don;t how it could get worse for her without getting REALLY bad.... I like the unity in purpose and feeling that the wolf people have, so loyal to one of their own.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Things are looking bleak for Miss Feather and for Mandie and Joshie. The Wolf People are fighting mad but who can blame them?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 11, 2010
Last Updated on May 17, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 10 Chapter 10

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline