Chapter 21

Chapter 21

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    As they headed back to Mr. Black’s Village Armand noticed a large number of Wolf People had shape shifted into their Wolf Forms and were racing ahead.

    As they loped or glided through the shadowy Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest many tilted their heads skyward and sang of the coming conflict with the Others.

    Armand felt his anger heaving and rolling inside him. He couldn’t bring himself to even glance at Mandie and Joshie. They made him think of Kyle who had Miss Feather and was probably using her for his pleasure right now!

    He growled softly but knew no one could possibly hear him.

    All these many Wolf People moving together through the forest was creating a lot of noise. 

    Probably every deer and elk in the vicinity was long gone way before they reached them.

    Quetzal came up beside Armand. He patted Armand on the back. “This will all end the way it’s meant to Armand.” He said.

    “Only if it ends with Miss Feather as my Mate. Untouched by Kyle.”

    Mr. Thunder appeared on his other side. “We’ll take care of Kyle and all the Others. Look at all the Wolf People with us plus a lot more soon to arrive.”

    Armand glanced about. He sucked in his breath when he spotted Miss Fern watching him from a short distance away.

    She is pretty, Armand thought, carefully blocking his thoughts. If I didn’t already love Miss Feather I’d be interested.

    Miss Fern gave him a tiny wave and smile.

    Armand smiled and nodded in return.

    Just beyond Miss Fern his Wolf Mother, Cerise, Pine and Miss Snow were walking as a group with the Other Twins in their care.

    Armand couldn’t help the angry snarl that curled his upper lip.

    “Hey!” Quetzal said, noticing Armand’s angry snarl. He also noticed which direction Armand was looking. “I hope that’s not for Miss Fern.”

    “Of course not!” exclaimed Armand. “I couldn’t help spotting the Other Twins.”

    Quetzal glanced in their direction. “Why are we even bringing them back? Why don’t we just kill them?”

    “Yeah. Good question.” agreed Mr. Thunder. “They served their purpose.”

    They continued onward, the Wolf People in their Wolf Forms fanning out and moving away from the group remaining in their Human Forms, but all heading for Mr. Black’s Village.

    With Mr. Black, Mr. Stonevalley and Mr. Redwood in the lead.

    “I don’t know why we are bringing the trouble makers back.” growled Armand. “I’m just sick of them. They’ve caused nothing but grief ever since we stumbled upon them.”

    “I regret even being interested in them. If I hadn’t had to snoop I’d never have fallen under Shasta’s spell.” said Quetzal. “I got really ill because of that and Wolf People don’t get sick like humans do!”

    “Maybe we’ll use them to practice killing their kind on. Find out their weakest points as Others to use when we fight the lot of them.” suggested Mr. Thunder.

    “I like that idea.” said Armand. He couldn’t help a glance in Miss Fern’s direction.

    She was watching him with a little smile on her face. It increased when she caught him looking at her.

    Armand gasped a little, felt his heart accelerate with excitement and decided then and there to not pay anymore attention to Miss Fern.

    Let Mr. Thunder and Quetzal pursue her for their Mate.

    “Armand.” said Mr. Thunder. “You’re broadcasting loud and clear.”

    “Am not!” Armand felt a wave of shame wash over him. Now Mr. Thunder and Quetzal knew he had interest in another Wolf Female other than Miss Feather! And worse of all, while Miss Feather was in danger!

    “Don’t worry Armand.” said Quetzal. “None of us here are perfect.” He glanced over to where Miss Fern was.

    She had slowed up and fallen behind them.

    “She is pretty.” said Mr. Thunder. “Perhaps she’ll be interested in me.”

    “Or me.” added Quetzal.

    “Why don’t you both try and win her over then let her decide which of you she wants.” said Armand.

    Mr. Thunder looked at Quetzal. “Game?”

   “Sure am!”

    Armand laughed. This ought to be fun to watch, he thought.

 

    “They’re coming!” cried Miss Starfire.

    “Yeah, with a loud bang!” said Mr. Hunter.

    Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter with several other Pack Members stood waiting for the incoming group of Wolf People who were making a lot of noise as they approached.

    They spotted Mr. Black and Mr. Stonevalley with another Wolf Person Male they didn’t recognize as they emerged first from the Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest.

    Then many more started emerging behind them while Wolf People in their Wolf Forms started pouring into the Village.

    It was chaos after that! And would become even more chaotic very soon.

    “Miss Starfire, Mr. Hunter.” greeted Mr. Black.

    “Dad.” Miss Starfire said.

    “You were successful.” stated Mr. Hunter.

    “Yes we were. This is Mr. Redwood, leader of his Pack. Mr. Whitewater will be joining us with his Wolf People as soon as possible.” said Mr. Black.

    Then Mr. Black introduced Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter to Mr. Redwood.

    “You’re very lovely Miss Starfire.” Mr. Redwood said, smiling warmly at her. His dark brown radiant eyes roamed over her body appreciatively.

     Miss Starfire felt uncomfortable yet liked his attention at the same time. “Thank you Mr. Redwood.” She said softly.

    Mr. Black noticed Mr. Redwood’s interest in his Wolf Daughter and frowned. “Let’s go to the Meeting Hall and wait for Mr. Whitewater.”

    Just then Louise, Cerise, Pine and Miss Snow arrived. Mr. Black gave Mandie and Joshie very dark looks. “I want them locked up. Mr. Stalker, will you?”

    “Of course.” Mr. Stalker called two guards and they led Mandie and Joshie away. The Other Twins were crying silent yet unending tears. Their large round grey eyes were tragic now.

   

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I'm surprised the Other Twins are still alive!
I am also surprised to read that Armand is
being tempted by another, as his 'love' is in trouble.
As surprised as he is, himself. New little twist in the story line.
I look forward to reading what comes next; anticipating the
big battle to come.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The other woman is pushing herself into their lives and the darkness is now swirling around them all as they advance to war.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sounds like lots of Wolf People getting ready for war, hope it's an easy victory. Very nice pen on this.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It seems as if the battle is not too far away.
Look out Others!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Bad Boy Armand! But I think he knows it. This is exciting. I'm wondering what is going to happen with Armand, Miss Feather and the Other Twins and it looks like Mr. Redwood has his eye on Miss Starfire!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I'm surprised the Other Twins are still alive!
I am also surprised to read that Armand is
being tempted by another, as his 'love' is in trouble.
As surprised as he is, himself. New little twist in the story line.
I look forward to reading what comes next; anticipating the
big battle to come.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

312 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 16, 2010
Last Updated on May 16, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 27 Chapter 27

A Chapter by Tina Kline