Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    “Well Armand, where have you been?” Asked Louise as Armand came into the house.

    Miss Starfire and Mr. Hunter were sitting on the couch. Mr. Black was leaning against the wall, his arms folded. Louise watched Armand from where she was sitting in a comfy chair.

    “Mom.” Said Armand, the tone in his voice saying he didn’t like her questioning him.

    “Well, Armand?” prompted Mr. Black.

    “I’m an adult.” said Armand.

    Miss Starfire giggled.

    Mr. Hunter smacked her on the thigh to quiet her.

    “Well, then don’t act like a Wolf Child.” said Louise. “We needed you here.”

    “I was with Miss Feather. We were making plans.” said Armand.

    “Oh?” said Louise.

    “Yes.” responded Armand.

    “Oh no! Here it comes!” whispered Miss Starfire loudly.

    “Miss Starfire.” reprimanded Mr. Black. Then he said to Armand. “Go on Son.”

    “Miss Feather and I are going to be Mated. We’re planning a ceremony.”

    “That’s wonderful Armand!” said Louise smiling widely. “I’m so happy!” She jumped up off her chair and embraced him. Then she kissed him on the head. “This is wonderful news!”

    “He’s blushing!” giggled Miss Starfire.

    “Ooh! He is. His face is so red!” teased Mr. Hunter.

    Louise let Armand go and went and sat back down.

    “I’m sorry Son, all that is going to have to wait.” said Mr. Black.

    Armand pushed down on a surge of anger he felt rising up in him. He had to be reasonable, at least try anyway.

    “I know Dad. It’s the Others. But we should be able to deal with them quickly.” He went and leaned against another wall attempting to look like he wasn’t upset but he really was.

    “That would be the way I’d want it but things don’t always go the way we want.” Mr. Black said. “You already know what Miss Starfire, Mr. Hunter and Mr. Thunder learned from the Other Twins.”

    “Yes. Witchcraft magic and a large population.” Armand answered.

    “That’s right. And right now I’ve placed Michar and Mr. Forest to watch the Other’s house. Mr. Stonevalley has also placed two of his Pack Members there to watch as well.”

    “That’s good.” said Armand.

    “And I’m going to meet with Mr. Stonevalley, Louise will be accompanying me. I’m picking several Pack Members to go along as well. We need to discuss talking to several other Wolf People Packs to join us. Numbers are everything.”

    “Can we go Dad?” asked Miss Starfire.

    “No.” Louise said. “You and Mr. Hunter are too young. But Armand isn’t too young.”

    Armand looked at his Mom startled. “I’m not too young?”

    “No Armand. You’re coming with me. I need you there as the Leader of the Group who made first contact.” Mr. Black said.

    “Really?” Armand straightened up from the wall, feeling some of his anger leaving him.

    “Yes Armand. You’re an adult. I want my Wolf Son at my side.”

    “Okay!” Armand felt a surge of pride that his Wolf Father, the Pack Leader, wanted him there and because he thought Armand had something worthwhile to contribute. And he wanted Armand, himself, to present what he knew about the Others.

    “I want you there as my Wolf Son as well.” Mr. Black added.

    “Okay Dad.” Smiled Armand, very pleased and feeling even more pride, if that were possible and Armand decided it was.

    “So that’s settled.” said Louise standing up. “I think it’s time for our meal.”

    “Yum! I’m hungry!” said Miss Starfire.

    “Alright. Alright. Come on Mr. Hunter, Armand, let’s get the meal ready.” said Mr. Black smiling as he headed for the kitchen.

    Armand and Mr. Hunter followed right behind him.

 

    Miss Feather looked at her Wolf Parents, Mr. Grey and Moonshine, as they sat around their kitchen table eating their meal of raw cubed meat in a wooden bowl along with glasses of fresh cold water.

    “I have something important to tell you.” Miss Feather said.

    Moonshine and Mr. Grey both looked at her, pausing in their meal.

    “Yes?” said Moonshine.

    “Armand has asked me to be his Mate and I’ve accepted!” she said in an excited rush.

    “Ooooh!” said Moonshine. “So it’s official!”

    Mr. Grey grunted. “About time.” He said.

    “Oh Dad!” Miss Feather said slapping his arm playfully.

    “Bad timing however.” He went on to say.

    Miss Feather frowned. “I won’t let the Others get in the way!”

    “They’re already in the way.” Mr. Grey said.

    “Why?” she asked.

    “Listen Wolf Daughter.” said Mr. Grey. “Plans are being made to deal with these Others. They are taking up everyone’s time.”

    Miss Feather leaned back in her chair realizing she was near tears.

    “Oh honey.” Moonshine took one of Miss Feather’s hands in hers. “It will only be postponed for a short while. I’m sure this issue with the Others won’t take long to resolve.”

    Miss Feather looked at her Wolf Mother. “I don’t know. I wish we’d never found those Others.” She felt a pout coming on but didn’t care. They were getting in the way of her happiness, her and Armand’s.

    “I’m glad you and Armand have decided to be Mates. We’ll give you a grand celebration Wolf Daughter.” Mr. Grey told her.

    She smiled at her Wolf Father, feeling a tear escape her eye and roll down her cheek. “Thanks Dad.”

    “I’m sorry Miss Feather.” said Moonshine.

    Miss Feather let out a loud breath and shook her head. “I just want to be happy.”

    “And we want you to be happy too.” Said Moonshine. “We’ll make your Mating Ceremony fabulous; we’ll make it one the Pack will never forget.”

    Miss Feather felt a sob coming. She fought it for a moment then failed. It burst out and she was suddenly crying helplessly.

    “Oh honey!” Moonshine was instantly beside her and wrapped her arms around her very unhappy and disappointed Wolf Daughter and held her close and rocked her, humming a comforting tune as she did, one she used to hum to help Miss Feather fall asleep when she was small.

    Mr. Grey watched his Wolf Child and his Mate and felt angry himself. Why had those Others have to settle in their forest? They’d pay, that’s for sure, he knew, they’d pay for causing this upset for his Wolf Daughter. Just wait until he, himself, got close to one of them!   



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I agree, there is a lot of emotions in this people can relate to. I do. Nice job.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Still reading. Sorry I don't comment much. This is a really interesting write that I do enjoy reading. Lots of emotions we "humans only" can relate to. Nicely done!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aww poor Miss Feather! What a horrible feelings... Hopefully this conflict WILL be resolved so they can be together and be happy... "I just want to be happy" how many times have I said that one?!?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I hope Miss Feather's father calms down. You never want the blood of the innocent on your hands!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mr. Grey has vengeance in mind and the trouble with the Others is coming, looking forward to seeing what exactly happens next. Cool chapter. You're talented.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh, I feel bad for Miss Feather. When her Wolf Dad gets a hold of one of those Others it won't survive!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

395 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 27, 2010
Last Updated on April 27, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline