Chapter Thirty-Four

Chapter Thirty-Four

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

The decision of what to do about the Others is made in this final chapter of the book.

"

    Now it was just time to wait. Wait until Mr. Stonevalley returned with his Wolf People. Wait until the Pack gathered in the center of the Village. Wait until the Pack voted on what to do about the Others, the half wolf half human people.

    I still wondered if they were the offspring of wolf and humans mating and creating children.

    I shuddered at the thought.

    Quetzal was being a little friendlier but it was obvious he was still disturbed. But he was trying.

    And his friends were trying, that included me.

    After Mr. Stonevalley left we made our way to the center of the Village. Dad let it be known a Pack Announcement was going to be made.

    A huge fire was being built in the center of the Village. The sky overhead was dark with a sliver of a blue silver moon hanging in it with a myriad of glittering stars.

    I sat near the fire that was being built. Miss Feather and Mr. Thunder sat on one side of me, Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire on the other. She had decided to abandon the meat cooking session.

     Quetzal sat in front of us, half turned, his angry gaze watching several Wolf People building the fire.

    “This is it.” I said. “Wonder how this is going to end?”

    “Hopefully for the best.” Miss Feather said.

    “What would be the best?” I wondered out loud.

    “No one can know until after the fact.” Mr. Thunder said.

    Slowly Wolf People were gathering around the huge fire that had just been lit.

    Several small Wolf Children were present. Their Wolf Parents kept them close, fearing they’d be kidnapped.

    We sat here silently, waiting, watching the fire gathering strength and growing larger. Quetzal was restless but he remained sitting.

    After this was all over I hoped Quetzal and I would be able to build up our friendship.

    I knew Joshie and Mandie would not be here. They’d stay behind with Mom and Maple. Maple used to sit with Miss Starfire, Mr. Hunter and I when we were small when ever Mom and Dad had something they’d wanted to do.

    Pine arrived. Then Miss Snow and Michar. They sat near us. The area around the growing fire was rapidly filling up now.

    Dad and Mr. Stalker arrived.

    The talk around the huge fire was getting excited. Speculation had been flying back and forth between Pack Members about whom and what Joshie and Mandie were.

    And since they’d been screaming my name in the Village I was also the object of some speculation.

    It wasn’t negative. Enough information had been given out so no scandal or anything like that was buzzing about me, Miss Feather or Mr. Thunder in regards to these strangers.

     Dad stood up and raised his arms. The Pack grew quiet. Mr. Stalker moved to Dad’s side.

    “As soon as Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People arrive we are going to have a vote. I will be filling everyone in on important new facts before this vote is made.

    As everyone knows we have a couple strangers in our midst. All of you already know a lot about them now. I will be giving you more information before you are asked to vote.”

    Dad put his arms down slowly. Excited talk rose up loud amongst the Wolf People.

    I was starting to feel nervous. It wasn’t hard to hear a lot of the talk was not so positive in regards to Joshie and Mandie.

    I looked at Miss Feather. I knew my expression showed my worry. She looked concerned as well.

    “I don’t think this is going to go well.” I said.

    “That all depends on how you think and feel about these strangers.” Mr. Thunder said.

    “Will we go to war with them?” Wondered Miss Feather.

    Quetzal growled. He didn’t look happy at all. Actually he looked way too tense.

    We were all nervous.

    Dad was talking quietly with Mr. Stalker. Mr. Forest and Grey joined them.

    Cerise arrived at that moment and made her way to where Miss Snow and Michar were at and sat with them.

    Then I heard Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People arriving. They entered the center of the Village and joined the Wolf People already around the huge fire.

    Mr. Stonevalley went and stood by Dad. Mr. Grey and Mr. Forest sat down.

    “Okay.” Dad raised his hands up again. “Listen closely everyone.”

    The Wolf People all grew quiet and Dad filled them in on everything. I don’t think he left anything out. The Wolf People all remained silent until he was done.

    “Okay.” Dad said, his voice ringing out. “The question here is what to do about the Others who are in our forest. Do we accept them and let them remain or do we drive them out? You all have the facts about them that we know and it is up to the Pack as a whole to decide. Since Quetzal is directly involved in this and has been harmed by the Others Mr. Stonevalley’s Pack will vote on this as well.”

    Dad paused here and glanced at everyone.

    Everyone was tense and waiting, waiting to vote.

    I cast a quick glance at my Wolf Friends and Wolf Siblings.

    “Now we vote!” Dad said loudly and brought his hands down.

    And the shouts started. Loud excited shouts. And it didn’t take long to see which way the vote was going.

    Almost everyone was chanting throw them out! Throw them out! Throw them out!

    So that would be it. I thought. Throw them out of the forest.

    There was going to be a fight. A fight with a group of people who knew magic.

    Dad raised his hands back up. Everyone grew quiet. “It’s been decided by Pack Vote. We force the Others out of our forest!”

 

 

   



© 2010 Tina Kline


Author's Note

Tina Kline
This is the last chapter of the book. The next book in the Wolf People series is 'The Time Of The Wolf.'

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

OMG! Cliffhanger ending anyone? Great conclusion though, finished what you set out to with this book and definitely got the reader hooked on the next one already, will it also be in Armand's perspective? i can;t wait to see what happens with all of the wolf people show up at Shasta's door!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Whoa! I'm going to be reading the next book to find out what happens in this coming confrontation! Fantastic book!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

How did I see that coming? I knew it! lol.

Amazing book! A great addition to the series. I'm definitely looking forward to the next part.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OMG! Cliffhanger ending anyone? Great conclusion though, finished what you set out to with this book and definitely got the reader hooked on the next one already, will it also be in Armand's perspective? i can;t wait to see what happens with all of the wolf people show up at Shasta's door!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I very much enjoyed reading this book. It was so very well created. I look forward to seeing what adventures occur in The Time Of The Wolf. You are a very talented writer.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Fantastic ending and I'm sure glad this storyline is going to continue. I want to know who things end up with these Others!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

419 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 4, 2010
Last Updated on April 4, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 10 Chapter 10

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline