Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Armand and his friends see a possible disaster coming their way.

"

     I was stunned speechless. I couldn’t believe I was actually looking at a smiling Joshie and a smiling Mandie.

    In some part of my mind I realized they were so very proud of themselves.

    Beside me Mr. Thunder and Miss Feather made small shocked sounds of their own.

    I could hear the everyday sounds of life happening in the Village behind me, the Village Miss Feather, Mr. Thunder and I were just about to enter.

    “What. Are. You. Two. Doing. Here?” I asked in a cold, demanding voice.

    The smile on one of the twins faces, I didn’t know which one, dimmed a bit. Then she quickly put the smile back on.

    “Armand.” The other twin asked, “Are you not glad we’re here?”

    “NO!” I growled. “And I can’t even begin to comprehend why you two would even think I would be!” I noticed my voice had risen toward the end and took a deep, calming breath, at least I hoped it would be. I didn’t want to draw unwanted attention to this little scene playing out here.

    “This is an outrage! This is totally unbelievable!” hissed Miss Feather.

    The twins glanced at each other, their smiles replaced now with looks of uncertainty.

    “We thought you’d be happy to see us.” One of them said, I sure didn’t know which one.

    “You two talked yourselves into believing something you both knew wasn’t true.” I said.

    “You two have to go back.” Miss Feather said.

    I saw them give dark looks to her then return their attention back to me.

    “You ran all the way here behind us?” I asked them.

    “Yes.” One of them said.

    “And which one are you?” I asked, wanting to know who was who at this moment.

    “Mandie.”

    “Ah, Mandie. You both must be able to run very fast on two legs.” I said.

    “We can.” Joshie said.

    “Impressive.” I said. “But Miss Feather is correct. You two must go home. You simply can’t be here.”

    “Why?” asked Mandie.

    “Because…”I started to say when Miss Feather finished.

    “Shasta isn’t here with you. We did not agree you could visit. You were not invited. Shasta, I’m sure, didn’t give you permission to be here. Need I say more?”

    Joshie and Mandie gave her intense looks of dislike.

    Mr. Thunder heaved a big tired sigh. “I so want to go home, eat and rest. You two have delayed that. Thus, I’m feeling very irritated at both of you.”

    Joshie and Mandie ignored Mr. Thunder’s comment. They looked around me to gaze at the Village just beyond the edge of the Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest.

    “Looks fascinating.” Mandie said.

    “It does. So much going on unlike where we live.” Joshie said.

    “Go home!” I ordered.

    They ignored me.

    “GO HOME!”  I barked.

    They looked at me. “No.” They said simultaneously.

    Mr. Thunder laughed a humorless laugh. “Unbelievable.”

    Miss Feather growled.

    “You two are not welcome here. It would have been better if you waited to be invited here to visit.” I said.

    Their looks became pouty.

    “We like you Armand, a lot. Don’t you like us?” Mandie asked.

    “Not very much at the moment.” I replied.

    “Unbelievable.” muttered Mr. Thunder, shaking his head in his disbelief.

    They looked really unhappy now. Their pointed upswept ears went back a little. I was afraid tears were going to pool in their large round grey eyes.

    “Why don’t you two just leave now before Armand gets angry with you?” suggested Miss Feather.

    “Good advice.” Mr. Thunder said. “Go while you’re still in good standing with Armand.”

    I could tell Mandie and Joshie didn’t want to leave. They just stood there, looking a bit nervous and undecided.

    Then behind me I heard a voice that stood out from the ordinary talk happening in the village.

    I stiffened.

    “I think Armand is back.” I heard my Wolf Dad say. “He’s close by anyway my sweet plaything.”

    “Good. He’s been gone quite a while.” I heard my Wolf Mom reply. “Why don’t you go get him Mr. Hunter. He’s probably heading for Miss Feather’s home.”

    “Alright.” I heard my younger Wolf Brother say.

    I was feeling panicky now. Mandie and Joshie were about to cause major problems just by their presence. I had to get them out of here NOW!

    “Go you two! Now!” I snarled at them.

    They both flinched but didn’t take a step back or turn around to leave.

    What is wrong with them, I wondered? They can’t possibly still believe I want them here and welcome their unexpected arrival?

    “This is going too far!” growled Mr. Thunder. “Your family is looking for you now Armand!”

    “Shall we teach these twin fools a lesson they won’t forget?” asked Miss Feather in an icy tone of voice.

    “Hey! Wait for me Mr. Hunter.” I heard my younger Wolf Sister Miss Starfire call out.

    “Alright.” I snarled. “This is enough you two! Go back to Shasta and Kyle.”

    Joshie and Mandie took a couple hesitant steps backwards. I think there was moisture in those big round eyes of theirs now.

    But I wouldn’t let myself feel bad. They were on the verge of creating a situation that would be a disaster, I felt. Besides, they weren’t invited here at all.

    “You’re not being very nice Armand.” Joshie said.

    “You were nicer before.” Mandie said.

    “Unbelievable.” muttered Mr. Thunder again.

    “Maybe I’m only nice when the situation calls for it. This one doesn’t.” I said, trying not to feel guilty for being mean to them.

    I didn’t think they were trying to cause problems on purpose but that was what their presence here was doing for me.

    “Mr. Black.” I then heard Mr. Stalker’s voice. “I’m sensing something or someone close by who…shouldn’t be around.”

    “Where is it coming from?” I heard my Wolf Father’s voice.

    “Over there.” Mr. Stalker answered.

    Mr. Thunder and Miss Feather hissed in alarm.

    “He’s pointing in our direction.” growled Mr. Thunder.

    “Now you two have done it!” I growled.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think all hell is about to break lose. No way will Mandie and Joshie not be discovered. Just by being there they've proved they'll do as they wish and not care about anyone else.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Oh! Can't WAiT to see how this one plays out!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A major disaster is in the making now with these two. Wonder how this approaching problem is going to work itself out?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Like I said before those two are nothing but little brats. I can't exactly blame them, what little kid isn't a little brat at that age? I know I was, lol. I hope Mr. Black can handle this situation in an appropriate manner. Fantastic!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 15, 2010
Last Updated on March 19, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline