Chapter Twenty-Eight

Chapter Twenty-Eight

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Armand and the whole Wolf People Village get a rather big and unexpected surprise.

"

    After I finally finished my meal I got my wish. Nice and clean, the cold dead smell successfully washed from my body and with a full stomach I went to my room and happily collapsed onto my bed.

    I lay there for a while just feeling profoundly relieved I was at last lying down. Then I pulled the bedding over me and snuggled underneath.

 

    The next thing I knew I was abruptly awake.

    My heart was pounding frantically! What had awakened me, I wondered with alarm.

    And I wondered why I was alarmed.

    I lay in bed and listened. I quickly realized the Village noise that was coming through my open bedroom window was not the usual sounds of the day to day normal activity going on.

    I heard excited voices, voices exclaiming and harsh growling and snarling.

    I sat up in bed. “What…?” I said to myself.

    Then I heard an awful sound. I had no doubt it was the sound that had awakened me.

    Screaming! And screaming my name!

    I leaped out of bed growling, ready for something but I didn’t know what!

    “Armand! Armand! Help us!” The voices screamed. And there were two voices. And they were female.

    “Armand! Help us!”

    The two voices crying for my help were moving through the Village. I knew they were running, most likely being chased.

    And I knew who those two voices belonged to.

    Mandie and Joshie!

    I felt a strange dizzying horror. They were in the Village and were being chased!

    Why hadn’t they left when they had the chance?

    Why hadn’t they listened to me? Foolish, foolish, so stupidly foolish.

     No good would come of this.

    After that first brilliant burst of physically painful shock I was moving. I zoomed out of my room, right out of the house and headed in the direction of the twin’s frantic screaming.

   It looked like the whole Village was out trying to catch these two strangers in their midst.

    The moon was almost full in the dark star glittering sky, casting its silver blue shine down upon the Village.

    A large fire was burning in the open space in the village center.

    No one was tending the fire right now.

    That’s dangerous, I thought as I raced by it.

    “Armand!”

    “Armand!”

    “Armand! Help us!”

    I was a bit surprised no one was looking for me seeing how these two very odd strangers were calling desperately for me.

    Then suddenly Mom was beside me.

    “What’s going on Armand?” she hissed.

    I didn’t even look at her but kept moving forward. “I don’t know. I’m trying to find out!”

    She kept pace beside me.

    “Why are they calling your name for help?”

    “I guess it’s because they know me!”

    She grabbed me by the arm to try and stop me. “They’re those people you encountered in that…that part of the forest, are they not?”

    I paused just long enough to glance at her. She looked worried and excited at the same time, her long blonde hair kind of wild in its disarray and her radiant blue green eyes shining with her emotions.

    “Yes Mom, they’re two of them. I need to get to them before disaster happens.”

    I pulled my arm from her grip. She let it go.

    “Okay. Come on.”

    She led the way through the crowd to where the Wolf People had Mandie and Joshie at bay.

    They were crouched down together beside the storage building where meat was kept for those who couldn’t hunt for what ever reason.

     Their large round grey eyes were huge and wet with their tears of fear.

    The chatter coming from the Wolf People was more curious than hostile as it was obvious these two were not a threat at the moment.

    But that didn’t mean in the Wolf People’s minds there weren’t more of these strange people nearby. I knew the situation could get ugly real fast.

    Wolf People were highly territorial and the two cornered strangers were a potential threat even if they were defenseless at the moment.

    Dad appeared on the scene then and started ordering Wolf People to back away from the two huddled strangers in all our midst.

    Mr. Stalker was at his side.

    Miss Feather came up beside me. “This is awful. What are they doing here?” she hissed.

    “Causing trouble. Just as I thought they might.” I responded, feeling my anger surging. “Come on. We’ll have to get control of this situation. They know us.”

    We pushed forward through the crowd that was backing away now as their Pack Leader ordered them to do. A wide clearing had appeared around where Mandie and Joshie were still on the ground clutching each other.

    Dad was crouched a few feet away from them. Mr. Stalker stood behind him watching.

    “Dad. I know them. Miss Feather and I do.” I said walking quickly toward them.

    “I know you do my Wolf Son. They were running through the Village screaming for you.” He didn’t look up at me as he said this but kept his eyes on the crying Mandie and Joshie.

    The twins watched me approach. As I reached them I could see how badly they were trembling.

    “Armand.” One of them whispered.

    “I’m here.” I said.

    “We were trying to find you.” The other twin said.

    “You would have been better off if you had gone home.” I said, but in a soft, kind and gentle voice.

    They both started sniffling.

    I hung my head and sighed.

    “Well, your young friends are still here.” said Mr. Thunder. “Causing trouble too.” he added sarcastically.

    I looked up to where he was standing beside me feeling very tired again.

    Mr. Thunder sighed and mumbled, “Sorry.”

    “Don’t be.” I said then I looked back at Mandie and Joshie. “Come on you two. Let’s get you some place quieter.” I stood up.

    They quickly got to their feet.

    “And just where do you plan on taking them that is quieter?” Dad asked, standing also.

    “I don’t know. Home, I guess.” I answered him.

    Dad was suddenly glaring at me, his off white eyes swirling crimson with his sudden anger.

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I figured those Twins were going to cause some sort of trouble, but wasn't guessing it would be this dramatic. Fascinating story/book.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I'm not surprised they showed up! Wonder what kind of mess this is going to bring on?

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

They seem so witless you almost want to feel sorry for them but then again it's just their own dam fault... I dig the controversy :-)

And what's got Mr. Black all worked up??

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I know we didn't see the last of those two little trouble makers. I have this feeling they're trying to play with Armand's mind or something. I haven't seen anything good come from their visit(s).
Nice chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

409 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 21, 2010
Last Updated on March 21, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 10 Chapter 10

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline