Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Armand and his friends decide no one should go back to investigate that odd structure on their own, they'd all go back together.

"

    None of us had much to say on the trip back to the village. It was an uneasy quiet, unpleasant. I kept my arm around Miss Feather’s waist.

    Now that was pleasant, in a very stirring way. I was glad she didn’t try to push my arm away or anything like that.

    Perhaps she enjoyed it as well.

    Our first full shape shifting experience hadn’t ended well. I wished other wise. I wished Quetzal and Mr. Thunder hadn’t shown up. Things would have gone differently if they hadn’t.

    But I wouldn’t allow myself to dwell on that. I couldn’t change it now.

    We reached the point in the forest for Quetzal to part ways from us and return to his Pack, Mr. Stonevalley’s Pack.

    We stopped walking and stood in a loose circle, all facing each other.

    Quetzal was smiling, seeming like he was okay. I wanted to ask him what it was that he had seen through that odd structure’s window, what had been in there.

    But I wasn’t sure doing so would be a good idea.

    “Well, I’ll see you all later.” Quetzal said.

    But before he could turn to leave I stopped him. “Wait Quetzal. Are you planning on mentioning this occurrence to your Pack Leader?”

    Quetzal raised his eyebrows at my question, his smile disappearing. “No Armand. I don’t. I plan on going back to investigate that place. Telling my Pack Leader about it would only take that opportunity away. You know, we’re still viewed as immature.”

    “I know. But Quetzal, don’t go to that place alone.” I said.

    “Why not?” he asked.

    “Come on Quetzal, get serious.” Mr. Thunder said. “You’ve conveniently already forgotten the wrongness of that place.”

    “No I haven’t. But I still want to know what it’s all about and who or what is living out there.”

    I thought fast and hard. I looked quickly at Miss Feather, Mr. Thunder then at Quetzal. I didn’t know if what I was about to commit myself to was smart or not, but it felt right.

    “Don’t go out there alone without us Quetzal. We need to stick together. We’ll all go again together.” I looked at Miss Feather and Mr. Thunder so see if they agreed.

    “Really?” asked Quetzal, looking hopeful.

    Miss Feather didn’t look at all pleased with the prospect of another journey out there but I could tell she wouldn’t be left behind.

    “I’m okay with that. I agree, no one goes out there alone.” Miss Feather said.

    “Same goes for me. We’re all friends here, we need to stick together.” Mr. Thunder said.

    “Wow. I’d do anything for all of you too.” said Quetzal. He gave a quick hug to each of us. We all hugged him back.

    Then we agreed on a meeting time to discuss what we wanted to do before we headed back out there.

    I insisted on that. We had to have some sort of plan. Otherwise it would just be all the more dangerous for us.

    Plus, the not knowing who or what was lurking in the forest, something so unpleasant all the deer and coyotes had vacated the area.

                  *                     *                              *                             *                      *

    After saying our goodbyes to Quetzal, Mr. Thunder, Miss Feather and I walked the rest of the way to our Village.

    The tension was gone now and we were more relaxed.

    Once we reached the Village Mr. Thunder said his goodbyes and headed to his house.

    That left me alone with Miss Feather. And I liked that. I liked having her all to myself.

    “We’ll have to have another run.” I said. “Just you and me alone and in the opposite direction from that unhealthy part of the forest.”

    “I agree.” said Miss Feather. “Chase a few deer. We don’t need to hunt yet. The chase is a thrill all on its own.”

    I smiled. “Yes it is.” I reached out to tug one of her curls. I thought her brown wavy hair very pretty. And so were her shiny black eyes.

    I gave her curl a gentle tug then let my hand drop.

    Miss Feather grinned at me. “Well, Armand, I’d better get back to my house. I’ll see you later, huh?”

    “Of course you will. If I don’t come looking for you I know you’ll come looking for me.”

    She giggled softly. “That’s so true.” Then she made a mock punch to my arm. “Till later then.”

    “Yeah.”

    Miss Feather turned to leave and I suddenly didn’t want to let her go. I felt this sudden surge of need for her, and something else that was bordering on painful.

    I swallowed hard.

    Miss Feather started walking away from me and I didn’t like it at all.

    What is wrong with me? I wondered. It’s not like I’m never going to see her again!

    But I was following after her before I realized it.

    She looked up at me with surprise when I fell into step beside her. “What is it Armand?”

    “Oh. I’m just walking you to your house.”

    “Why?”

    “I don’t know. I just couldn’t help myself.” I said.

    She just laughed and took my hand.

    Nice, I thought.

    In no time at all we reached her house.

    “Bye.” She said and went up the steps to the door and went in. She turned, waved at me and smiled before she shut the door.

    I smiled and waved back. I’m sick, I guess, I thought, then turned and headed back to my house.

    What is wrong with me, I asked myself then pushed thoughts of Miss Feather and my confusing emotions aside.

    I had to think about that unhealthy part of the forest and that odd structure.

 

 

 

   



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I have to agree with Star Wolf I think Armand is sick with love. Maybe possibly something along the lines of being mates. Hmm. I also like how they all agreed to go back together it shows they have a true friendship. Still really wanting to know what will happen with the structure and that part of the woods. Look forward to reading on.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Armand is love sick. I'm thinking that experience in the forest isn't over, not by a long shot. This is a real 'page turner'. The interest level for me is high.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have to agree with Star Wolf I think Armand is sick with love. Maybe possibly something along the lines of being mates. Hmm. I also like how they all agreed to go back together it shows they have a true friendship. Still really wanting to know what will happen with the structure and that part of the woods. Look forward to reading on.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wonder what's wrong with Armand. He could have picked something up from that eerie part of the forest...
Amazing so far of course! Looking forward to more.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Armand is sick, love sick I think but he hasn't figured that out yet. At least they are sticking together and all going back together, that's nice.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

331 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 16, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 8 Chapter 8

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 15 Chapter 15

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 17 Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 26 Chapter 26

A Chapter by Tina Kline