Chapter-Twenty Six

Chapter-Twenty Six

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Armand and his friends finally tell the Pack about the odd people in the forest.

"

    I was hoping my Wolf Mom and Wolf Dad would hold off on the questions until Miss Feather’s and Mr. Thunder’s Wolf Parents arrived but they didn’t.

    They started asking questions, along with Mr. Stalker, before Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire even managed to get out the door.

    “Okay Armand.” My Wolf Dad started, “Where have you three been?”

    “And was Quetzal with you?” Mr. Stalker added.

    I sighed.

    Sitting here on the floor, one on each side of me, Miss Feather and Mr. Thunder each sighed.

    If it wasn’t for that cold deadness scent clinging to us we might have delayed this conversation for awhile while we decided how to bring up the subject or not bring it up at all.

    Right now it didn’t at all matter to me we had planned to tell my Wolf Dad all about the strange structure and the odd half wolf and half human people right away.

    It wasn’t supposed to be like this, with me feeling like a Wolf Child instead of a mature Wolf Person bringing an important matter to the attention of the Pack Leader. I felt, instead, like I had done something bad and my Wolf Parents were getting after me about it. And my Wolf Friends.

    I didn’t like that feeling. I felt I had handled this whole situation with the strange structure and the people we discovered there rather well. Until Joshie and Mandie showed up so very unexpectedly like they had.

    I growled softly. Those two had created a problem for me, Miss Feather and Mr. Thunder and they caused this difficult situation we three found ourselves in.

    “Armand.” Mom said, using that tone like when I was a Wolf Child and didn’t want to answer her question.

    I felt a little burst of resentment. I wasn’t a Wolf Child. I was mature enough to shape shift.

    “I’m waiting.” Mom added.

    “We all are.” My Wolf Dad said.

    I glanced at Miss Feather. Her displeasure at this situation was plain for me to see. I doubted Mom, Dad or Mr. Stalker noticed. And I thought Mr. Thunder was probably looking just as resentful.

    “Mom. Dad.” I said. “Mind if we stand since we aren’t allowed to sit on the furniture in our stinky state?” I looked Dad in his radiant off white eyes.

    He smiled slowly. “Why don’t we all just sit on the floor? That way we’ll be equals and Louise’s couch won’t retain an unpleasant aroma later on.”

    Miss Feather giggled nervously.

    Without a word Mom settled on the floor, a slight smile hovering on her mouth. Dad sat on the floor beside her and Mr. Stalker found a spot for himself.

    I was rather surprised but pleased by this. I didn’t feel so much like a naughty Wolf Child with adults all scolding me.

    “Okay. Now that that’s settled will you please fill us in on what ever is going on?” Mom asked.

    “We know something is going on.” said Mr. Stalker. “We’ve never scented anything before like you 3 smell.”

    “Okay.” I said. “We found a strange place deep in the forest controlled by magic with odd people living there.”

    There followed the predictable stunned silence and rather surprised looks.

    Dad found his voice first. “A place in the forest controlled by magic?”

    “And odd people?” Mr. Stalker asked.

   “Yes.” I said.

    “They look like they are half wolf half human.” Miss Feather said.

    “And they live in an odd home unlike anything Wolf People use.” Mr. Thunder said.

    “And they use magic?” Mom asked.

    “Yes. It’s strong.” Miss Feather said.

    “Was Quetzal with you?” Mr. Stalker asked.

    “Um.” Miss Feather said, and then bit her lip nervously.

    I saw Mom exchange a concerned glance with Dad. Then they both looked at Mr. Stalker.

    “This isn’t going to be good, is it?” My Wolf Dad asked.

    “They used magic on him.” I said. “At least one of them did. Her name is Shasta.”

    “Shasta?” Mom repeated.

    “And a male named Kyle and two twins named Mandie and Joshie live there too.” said Miss Feather.

     “What do they look like?” Dad asked.

    “Well, they have large round eyes and pointed ears like a wolf. Shasta and Kyle have tails but the two younger ones don’t. They have sharp teeth and hair on their ears and stuff.” I said.

    Now I saw grim expressions on all their faces. “Did Quetzal return to his Pack?” Mr. Stalker asked.

    “He headed in that direction is all I can say. He was in a very bad mood.” I said.

    “He didn’t want to leave Shasta even though she put the spell on him then took it off or at least she said she did.” Miss Feather said.

    At that moment I heard Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire returning with several other Wolf People. Miss Feather’s and Mr. Thunder’s Wolf Parents.

    A minute or so later they all came in. Dad and Mom stood to greet them and briefly explained what was going on.

    I looked at Miss Feather as they explained and as they started talking excitedly about what we had told them.

    I wish we could get out of here. I said to Miss Feather telepathically.

    Me too. She said back.

    Hey, I don’t mean to butt in on your love talk but I want out of here too. Mr. Thunder said with a mental smirk.

    Ha. Ha. I said back to him. Why don’t you stay out of our private conversations, better yet quit listening.

    Hey! You’re the ones broadcasting! Mr. Thunder said back.

    We’ll just have to learn not to! Won’t we Miss Feather?

    Before she had a chance to respond we were the center of attention once again.

    More questions. I was afraid this was going to take awhile.

  



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Now that all is out in the open wonder what is going to happen next? This is one fascinating story, all the books in this series have been so far! Excellent job!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It seems like the adults are nervous about the situation. I'm not surprised. Armand told the truth at least, that's good. I hope the situation doesn't become violent... Oh, the suspense is... Killing me! ... not really, lol.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The situation seems to have gotten a bit better but still rather chaotic. Awesome book!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 19, 2010
Last Updated on March 19, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline