Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Fifteen

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Armand and his friends come face to face with the strangers.

"

    The female in the window watched us as Miss Feather, Mr. Thunder and myself held Quetzal by the arms as he struggled to break free and go to her.

    I snarled. She was using magic on Quetzal, I was certain.

    Our presence here was a secret no more, if it really ever was. The female in the window was joined now by a male with snow white hair. I had a sudden urge to shape shift and go on the attack. Tear these two apart.

    “Look.” I said. “There’s a male in the window now.”

    “Let me go!” Quetzal howled. “I have to go to her.”

    “No.” I said.

    “No way.” Mr. Thunder said.

    Quetzal was strong but not strong enough to escape our hold.

    “She’s controlling you Quetzal. Don’t let her. Fight that presence inside you.” I said to him.

    I heard feminine laughter. I glanced toward the window. The female and male were gone but two others replaced them. They looked the same, twins no doubt. They had black hair, pointed upswept ears too but I noticed their smiles revealed canines.

     What were they, I wondered in a bit of fear and desperation.

    “We need to get out of here.” Miss Feather said. “Our cover is long gone.”

    Mr. Thunder made a humorless laugh. “What difference does it make now if we leave or not? Might just as well go introduce ourselves to these people and chat the time of day away.”

    When he said that Quetzal stopped struggling. He looked at Mr. Thunder, “That’s a grand idea Mr. Thunder. Let’s go introduce ourselves!” He was smiling broadly.

    Quetzal was eager for these introductions. I wasn’t. They had Quetzal under some sort of spell for a reason and it couldn’t be a good one.

    “I don’t care if they know we’re here. I still want us out of here. It’s time to report this to our Packs!” I hissed.

    Quetzal glared at me.

    “I don’t think none of that matters now. Look who’s coming.” Miss Feather said.

    I whipped my head around to see the female and male walking toward us.

    Oh no! I groaned in my mind.

    Oh no indeed. Muttered Mr. Thunder telepathically.

    The female was in the lead. Her long silver grey hair shimmered in the moon’s silver blue splash, her large round blue eyes were like two blue embers glowing in her face and they looked depthless. She was about five feet 6 inches in height. But what really stood out was her upswept pointed ears and bushy tail that she swished back and forth as she walked toward us. Her ears and tail were the same silver grey color of her hair. She wore some sort of light grey tunic outfit that gave her tail plenty of freedom.

    The male that was a couple steps behind her was taller with snow white hair that was streaked with silver and black. His brown eyes were large and round. His ears were upswept and pointed and his tail was shaggy. His outfit was similar to the female’s.

    We all just stood there watching these two approach. At this moment I didn’t know what to do. Running away didn’t seem an option now. Shape shifting? Well, I did consider it but these two approaching gave off no hostility signals at all.

    I’d like to think I was enough of a Wolf Person to pick up on any.

    Quetzal was staring at the female with hero worship on his face. I almost wanted to punch him to get that expression off of it. I might have but I realized he was under her spell.

    Mr. Thunder and Miss Feather had moved closer to me.

    We created a united front for the two coming toward us. Except Quetzal, who was all but panting with his desire to get to that female who had put some sort of spell on him.

    I felt my anger rising at the female for what she had done to Quetzal but I kept it under control.

    Now that they were here out in the open and we were too I decided to wait and see what they were about.

    Maybe what she did had nothing to do with hostility but protection. Maybe the spell, if it was and I believed it was, was a protection spell and Quetzal inadvertently got caught in it.

    The male and female came to a stop a decent space from us. Neither of them was smiling but they didn’t look hostile either.

    I wasn’t smiling, neither was Miss Feather nor Mr. Thunder. I noticed after a quick glance Quetzal just looked like he couldn’t wait to get to the female. I couldn’t even guess what he was thinking he wanted to do.

    We all waited. It felt like some kind of stand off.

    I took a deep silent breath. I decided I would take the lead here and start the dialogue.

    “I’m Armand and these are my friends, Miss Feather, Mr. Thunder and Quetzal.”

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Finally a face to face interaction between them and the pointy ear people from the structure. Hop enothing bad happens. I'm curious as to what they are. They have animal attributes so I wonder if they are shape shifters just a different kind. Hmm.. Moving on. Great chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Now they meet the strange people who live in the house. It's hard to know if these are dangerous people or not.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Finally a face to face interaction between them and the pointy ear people from the structure. Hop enothing bad happens. I'm curious as to what they are. They have animal attributes so I wonder if they are shape shifters just a different kind. Hmm.. Moving on. Great chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow! Awesome! This is really getting exciting. Can't wait to see what happens next with these new people!

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I like what you have added here. This is wonderful. Amazing chapter.

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Whoa... answer time. Not what I was expecting but SO much better LOL, can;t wait to see what happens in the next few minutes!

Posted 14 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

536 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 25, 2010
Last Updated on March 26, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 7 Chapter 7

A Chapter by Tina Kline