Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Twenty-Nine

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Now the waiting starts for Mr. Stonevally and his Wolf People to arrive so the decision as to what to do about the odd people can be made.

"

    “What Dad?” I asked.

    “Our house?” He asked back.

    “Let’s not worry about that now. Let’s just get these two youngsters out of the public.” Mom said.

    Joshie and Mandie huddled close to me, watching Mom and Dad out of large grey eyes that reflected their fear and mistrust.

    “Armand?” One of them whispered.

    “It’s alright.” I answered.

    Even Miss Feather just looked sorry for them right now, her anger and jealousy of them on hold for the moment.

    “Let’s go.” Mom said.

    “Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People will be here soon along with Quetzal.” Dad said. “We need to be waiting for them.”

    Mr. Grey and Mr. Forest were busy talking to the Pack, reassuring them and explaining as much as they could about the strangers suddenly in their midst while we went to our house. Joshie and Mandie each clutching tightly one of my arms all the way.

     I sighed. But at least Miss Feather wasn’t acting hurt by their behavior this time.

    The twins were fighting tears and trembling but came along willingly. They glanced around as if expecting someone or perhaps afraid one of the Wolf People might confront them or do them harm.

    At least that was what I hoped they were thinking. I didn’t want to harbor the idea they were expecting Shasta or Kyle to show up.

    I hoped those two weren’t that stupid.

    I pushed those thoughts aside and focused my attention on the immediate problem.

    “They’ll need to bathe.” Mom said.

    “I know.” Dad replied.

    “We stink?” one of the twins asked.

    “Which one are you? I just want to keep track of who’s who.” I said.

    “Mandie.”

    “Okay Mandie. You do have a bad smell about you. You smell like the area around your home.” I told her.

    “It smells there?” asked Joshie.

    “It does.” said Miss Feather. “You two are probably just so use to it you don’t notice it. I had to shower when I got home.”

    “Same here.” Mr. Thunder said.

    Moonshine caught up to us and so did Miss Snow and Pine.

    “What odd children.” said Moonshine. “So different.”

    “Who are they?” asked Miss Snow.

    Mandie and Joshie looked at them fearfully.

    “You don’t need to be afraid of them.” I told the twins. “These are all friends if you let  them be.”

    Mandie nodded her head yes.

    “I trust you Armand.” said Joshie.

    I wanted to remind them that they were the ones who put themselves in this situation; they hadn’t been forced into it so they ought to trust me but held back those words. I figured they’d do no good right now.

     Michar caught up to Miss Snow and put his arm around her waist. These two had had a hard time becoming Mates but they finally had and were deeply in love.

    “Come inside. When Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People arrive we’ll explain all.” Dad said. “This situation just happened a few short hours ago and there’s been no time for me to make a Pack Announcement.”

    We had just reached the house. It was going to be very crowded inside.

    Mom and Pine went up the steps first. “I can’t wait to hear this story Louise.” said Pine.

   “You will.” Mom said.

    I was right behind them with Mandie and Joshie still holding tightly onto me like they were permanently fastened.

    Miss Feather, Moonshine and Mr. Thunder came behind us then lastly Dad, Miss Snow and Michar brought up the rear.

    Then we were all inside which didn’t leave much maneuvering room now.

    “Miss Feather will show you the bathroom where you two can clean that scent off of you.” I told the twins, hoping they’d voluntarily remove their clutching hands from my arms.

    Looking wide-eyed at all the Wolf People in the house watching what they were doing I was afraid they weren’t going to cooperate.

    “It must be the magic Shasta uses causing the bad smell.” Mandie said in a low voice.

    Whispering was useless around Wolf People. Everyone in the house easily heard what Mandie said.

    “Magic. Tell me about it.” Mom was suddenly beside us and very eager to hear about the magic.

    Miss Snow was at Mom’s side.

    “Oh.” Said Mandie, I saw her trembling again.

    “It’s okay.” I said. “Remember, we’re all friends here.”

    Miss Snow sniffed and wrinkled her nose. “Perhaps they should shower first before talking. The house is getting pretty bad too with this smell.”

    “Oh, you’re right. That scent would only be distracting.” Mom agreed. “Besides, I don’t want to battle getting that smell out of the house. Miss Feather, will you please?”

    “Of course Louise.” Miss Feather turned to Mandie and Joshie. “Just over here through this door.”

    Mandie and Joshie finally let go of me and with one last fearful look out of their large round grey eyes they went with Miss Feather.

    Once they were inside the bathroom with Miss Feather and the door closed I became the focus of attention.

    “They do seem to like you Armand.” Pine said. She had a knowing smile on her face I didn’t at all like.

    “Don’t start getting weird ideas Pine.” I said.

    “They are so odd.” said Miss Snow. “With those pointed ears and round eyes and hair in all sorts of places.”

    “They are different.” agreed Michar.

    “Yeah. We think they are half wolf and half human.” Mr. Thunder said.

    “They look it.” Miss Snow said.

    Everyone situated themselves in the front room while we all waited for Mr. Stonevalley and his group to arrive. Dad had to hold off the question put to me and Mr. Thunder about how we discovered Mandie, Joshie and the others.

    “We need to wait until Mr. Stonevalley and his Wolf People arrive. No point in repeating everything over and over. They’ll be here soon.” Dad reminded everyone.

    I sat on the floor and leaned my back against the wall. I felt tired again all of a sudden. Mr. Thunder sat down beside me and leaned his head back against the wall as well.

    Too bad they had to show up. Mr. Thunder said to me telepathically. They’ve made this situation more difficult.

    Well, at least no one is angry. I said.

    Are we going to be included in what ever plans are made about these odd people?

    We should and must be. I’ll explain to them that Shasta and Kyle only want us to return. We’ll need to be there to keep the peace. I said.

    Mr. Thunder made a mental sigh.

    I felt the same way. I wasn’t too sure we would at all be included in what ever was decided about Shasta, Kyle, Joshie and Mandie.

    Then the sounds of Mr. Stonevalley, his Wolf People and Mr. Stalker’s arrival could easily be heard.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's good to see that Miss Feather is being more understanding of the twins.... could be interesting that they're all in a small room together though. I love that Mr. Black was super angry and one sentence from Louise calmed him right down :-) I can't wait to see if they are able to get any more info out of the twins and what they will plan.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The other Wolf People are arriving. I think the Twins are in deep trouble. I can't see anything positive coming out of this for them. Shouldn't have left their home to chase after Armand and his friends.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I can just imagine all the tension in that overly crowed room while very one is forced to wait for the others to arrive.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

It's good to see that Miss Feather is being more understanding of the twins.... could be interesting that they're all in a small room together though. I love that Mr. Black was super angry and one sentence from Louise calmed him right down :-) I can't wait to see if they are able to get any more info out of the twins and what they will plan.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

383 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 25, 2010
Last Updated on March 25, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline