Chapter Twenty-Five

Chapter Twenty-Five

A Chapter by Tina Kline
"

Armand and his friends get questioned.

"

    Those two twin half wolf and half human females looked as if they went pale, their large round eyes going rounder and their pointed upswept ears went even further back.

    “Oh oh.” whispered one of them.

    “Armand?” I heard my Wolf Dad call.

    “Oops!” whispered either Joshie or Mandie.

    I groaned and turned back toward the Village knowing I couldn’t ignore my Wolf Father.

    Then I heard my Wolf Sister’s excited voice as she and Mr. Hunter returned from Miss Feather’s house. “He’s not there!” Miss Starfire’s voice rang out.

    “You’re both nothing but trouble makers!” Miss Feather snarled at Joshie and Mandie. “Get out of here now!”

    “Sorry.” The twins whispered.

    I headed in the direction my Wolf Father was approaching from, Miss Feather and Mr. Thunder going with me.

    I didn’t turn around or even glance over my shoulder to see what Mandie and Joshie were doing. It was up to them. If they let themselves be discovered it would only harm them and their half wolf and half human people.

    I knew Miss Feather, Mr. Thunder and I could easily explain the situation away if any one should frown at what we had done in regards to these strange people.

    I stepped from the Douglas Fir and Broadleaf Maple forest with Miss Feather and Mr. Thunder at my side.

    My home was only a short distance away.

    My Wolf Dad and Mr. Stalker were at the forest edge, just getting ready to enter when no doubt they heard us emerging. They were standing there waiting and watching.

    My twin Wolf Siblings spotted us and called out and waved at us.

    “Well, my Wolf Son, what have you and your friends been up to?” My Wolf Dad asked.

    The sun was bright and a warm breeze drifted across the Village and brushed along the trees, causing them to create a soothing rustling sound.

    Several passing Wolf People cast curious looks our way but no one approached us.

    “Oh, exploring.” I answered then cringed a little inside, wishing I’d left the ‘oh’ part off. It sounded too much like I was being evasive, which I was.

    Miss Feather made a nervous giggle which made me cringe inside again. I knew we three looked guilty of something now.

    My Wolf Dad raised a dark eyebrow, his off white eyes sweeping over us suspiciously.

    Mr. Stalker made a knowing smile that was almost a smirk.

    “Now tell me what you three were exploring then.” My Wolf Dad said.

    I almost felt like fidgeting under his stare. I wanted desperately to glance at Miss Feather and Mr. Thunder but resisted the urge.

    “Just what ever.” Miss Feather said.

    I wanted to shake my head while looking down and sigh, but I resisted that urge as well.

    “What’s that unusual smell?” Mr. Stalker asked.

    “What smell?” I asked.

    “That unpleasant smell. Like death?” Dad said.

    Mr. Hunter and Miss Starfire stood beside Dad while he and Mr. Stalker questioned us.

    “You three stink.” Said Miss Starfire, then she giggled.

    “Real bad.” added Mr. Hunter. “What have you been doing Armand?”

    “You two be quiet. Mr. Stalker and I are asking the questions here, not you two.” Dad said then he looked at Mr. Thunder, Miss Feather then at me. “Let’s go inside and talk. I’d rather not continue this out here.”

    He turned and started toward the house. Mr. Stalker waited until we were following behind my Wolf Dad, then he brought up the rear.

    I ignored the curious stares we were getting from other Wolf People. I wondered what Mandie and Joshie were doing.

    I didn’t want to open my senses wide and search for them. I’d rather they just be gone. It would be best for all and I hoped they were smart enough to come to that conclusion on their own. I did hope that.

 

    My Wolf Mom was at the door as we all reached the house. I could see the curious look burning in her radiant green blue eyes as Dad led the way up the steps.

    “What’s going on?” She asked.

    “Our Wolf Son and his friends, sweetie.” My Wolf Dad told her.

    She fixed us with her stare then suddenly sniffed loudly. She frowned, wrinkling her nose a bit. “What’s that awful smell?”

    Dad opened the door wider. “That’s what we’re going to find out.” He stepped aside as Mr. Thunder, Miss Feather and I entered the house.

    “Hi Mom.” I greeted.

   “Armand.” She said. “I hope you’re going to explain where you all picked up that…scent.”

    I grinned and plopped down on the couch.

    Floor! My Wolf Mom shrieked. “I don’t want the couch infected with that smell!”

    I slid off onto the floor like a little Wolf Child would, making a face as I did. Miss Feather and Mr. Thunder sat on the floor beside me.

   “Mr. Hunter, Miss Starfire, please go inform Mr. Thunder and Miss Feather’s parents I wish them here in a matter regarding their Wolf Children.” Dad said to the twins.

    “Do we have to?” whined Miss Starfire.

    “Yes.” Mom said.

    “Let’s go. We’ll know what’s going on even if we’re not here to hear it all.” Mr. Hunter said to Miss Starfire.

    “I suppose.” They hurried out of the house and I heard them running off on their errand. No doubt they wanted to be back in time to hear the really good parts.

    Mom and Dad sat on the couch, Mr. Stalker in the comfy chair.

    “Well?” said Dad to us. “Start talking.”

    I let out a big, tired sigh.

 



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The stink of that unhealthy part of the forest is a dead give away something is going on with them.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Looks like those twins have caused trouble and now Armand and his friends are not the hot seat instead of being the ones in control of informing their Pack of the odd people.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

309 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 19, 2010
Last Updated on March 19, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline