Chapter 17

Chapter 17

A Chapter by Tina Kline

    “Oh no!” cried Louise, her radiant green blue eyes going dull with her shock. “Oh no!”

    Mr. Black snarled.

    Armand stood shaking in the middle of the front room, rage and terror battling inside him to control his emotions.

    He had explained the best he could that Miss Feather had been taken by Kyle and several other of the half wolf half human Others.

    “Well, if we didn’t actually have a reason to go to war with the Others before, we do now. And there will be no mercy shown.” snarled Mr. Black. “Abducting our Wolf People will not be tolerated.”

    “We need to send out a search party now.” said Mr. Stalker.

    Michar and Mr. Forest were still at the house. They all had been discussing strategy but now a lot of that strategy was about to be revised and more drastic measures added.

    Word of Miss Feather’s abduction by the Others was spreading and Miss Snow and Pine arrived after they heard as quickly as they could. They went to stand next to Armand, giving him their support.

     “Mr. Grey and Maple need to be notified immediately and are to come here.” Mr. Black looked to Michar.

    “I’m already on my way there.” exclaimed Michar who was heading for the door before he was finished speaking. He paused long enough to give Miss Snow a kiss before he went out the door.

    “I need to look for Miss Feather.” said Armand, his voice sounding as if he were being strangled.

    “No.” Mr. Black said. “Your emotions are too raw, you’re too involved. You need to get yourself under control or you’ll be reckless and make mistakes. You won’t help Miss Feather if you get yourself injured or killed.”

    Armand moaned helplessly. He knew his Wolf Dad was right but he still desperately wanted to hunt for his love and kill those who had taken her.

    Miss Starfire appeared at Armand’s side. “Come Armand. Come sit down in my room.” She took his arm in her hand and tugged him gently toward the room she shared with Mr. Hunter.

    “Go Armand, my sweetie. Go with your Wolf Sister. Let us make plans. You know we won’t waste any time.” Louise said, hurting terribly for her Wolf Son.

    Armand made a strange tragic little sobbing sound and went with Miss Starfire.

    Mr. Hunter stood as Armand came in. “Don’t worry Wolf Brother; these Others won’t get away with taking Miss Feather.”

    Armand sat on one of the beds, all but collapsing as he did so, looking as if he had no strength left in his body. Which he didn’t really feel like he had.

    “What if Kyle harms her? Or kills her?” He said.

    “Let’s not dwell on that Armand. Let’s dwell on thoughts of getting her back.” said Miss Starfire.

    Suddenly Armand put his face in his hands and gave into tortured sobbing.

   Miss Starfire sat beside him and put her arms around her Wolf Brother and held him tightly while he cried.

    Mr. Hunter looked grim, his eyes going red. How he’d love to tear apart a large number of Others right now.

    Mandie and Joshie were suddenly thrust into a very dangerous situation because of the actions of Kyle.

 

    Mr. Grey and Moonshine rushed to Mr. Black’s house with Michar right with them. A message had been sent to Mr. Stonevalley’s Pack informing them what had happened.

    Mr. Stonevalley, Cerise, Quetzal and several other Pack Members rushed to Mr. Black’s Village.

    Mr. Grey and Moonshine were very upset, hardly able to hold their emotions together to discuss the situation at all rationally. But it didn’t take much discussion for everyone to agree that it was now time to go visit the other two Packs, Mr. Whitewater’s and Mr. Redwood’s Packs. And they needed to go NOW!

    More spies were sent out to watch the Others two known locations and to scout out looking for more places where they were living.

    Armand had calmed down enough to join the discussion. Quetzal and Mr. Thunder stood with him, giving him their silent support.

    “Kyle won’t get away with this.” Quetzal said. “I’ll kill him myself.”

    “We’ll all kill him but Armand will be the one to actually do it. He stole his Mate.” Mr. Thunder said grimly.

    “I will kill him. Very slowly.” growled Armand.

    They were waiting for Mr. Brown and Maple to bring the Other Twins back. They had taken them back to their house when Armand had arrived to tell them Miss Feather had been taken by Kyle. A messenger had been sent to their house to inform them they were to return now with the Other Twins to Mr. Black’s house. There would be no kindness for the Other Twins now, no one cared for their comfort anymore.

    Kyle had changed all that.

    If the Other Twins didn’t cooperate now they’d be hurt to get them to cooperate. Being nice to Mandie and Joshie was also something the Wolf People no longer were willing to do anymore.

    And they could thank Kyle for that too.

    “I’d like to sink my fangs into Joshie and Mandie.” Quetzal growled. “I wouldn’t eat their flesh though, they’re not pure.” He had that dark disturbed look about him again.

   But everyone in the room was looking dark, angry and dangerous as they impatiently waited for Mr. Brown and Maple to show up with Mandie and Joshie.

    Then they all heard Maple and Mr. Brown approaching with the Other Twins.

    The Other Twins were chatting excitedly, knowing they were at last going to be seeing Armand. They couldn’t understand why they had been whisked away when he had shown up earlier.

    Mr. Brown and Maple effectively kept up the pretense that they were all going on a fun little outing and that Armand was eagerly waiting for them to arrive so they all could get going. They had evaded the Other Twins questions as to what was wrong with Armand when he had shown up in such an agitated condition.

      Mr. Grey was glaring at the door anxiously waiting for the Other Twins. “They made my Wolf Daughter unhappy and now they’ve kidnapped her. They will pay.” He was ready to kill them on the spot.

    Mr. Black put his hand on Mr. Grey’s shoulder. “You will wait for that. Right now we need these Other Twins to convince the other two Packs.”

    “Dead bodies will do the trick.” growled Mr. Grey.

    “Honey.” Moonshine said. “Mr. Black is correct. Let’s just help with the plan.”

    “Alright.” But Mr. Grey’s radiant green eyes burned with his desire to tear Mandie and Joshie apart, limb by limb, as he watched them enter the house.

    It didn’t lake long at all for Mandie and Joshie to pick up that something wasn’t right.

    They stood side by side looking around the room, their large round grey eyes showing their confusion.

   Mr. Brown and Maple pushed them further into the room and shut the door behind them.

    Every Wolf Person in the room was staring hard at the Other Twins with various degrees of dislike.

    Mandie and Joshie looked at each other experiencing real fear for the first time.

    Then they spotted Armand but the look on his face told them he wasn’t at all glad to see them. No, not at all.



© 2010 Tina Kline


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The Wolf People and the Others have little choice but to go to war. The Others have set the stage for this by kidnapping Miss Feather.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Such an intensely interesting tale, I'll definitely keep reading. Great job.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Damn straight! Sometimes you have to do what you have to do, war is never a good choice but sometimes it's the only choice. I just hope that poor Miss feather doesn't become the first casualty of this war....

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Intense! I'm anxious to see what happens next. I'm sure the war is about to begin...

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Awesome chapter. The situation is getting more intense, the Wolf People are ready to get some bloody revenge on the Others, including the Mandie and Joshie. Kyle sure did put them in a real bad situation, but I think he doesn't really care.

Posted 14 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

402 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 8, 2010
Last Updated on May 8, 2010


Author

Tina Kline
Tina Kline

OR



About
When Venus gets too close catfish have been known to come up out of the water onto the shore, feed awhile, then go back in. It's business as usual in the Apocalypse. And business is very good right.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by Tina Kline


2 2

A Chapter by Tina Kline


3 3

A Chapter by Tina Kline



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 10 Chapter 10

A Chapter by Tina Kline


Chapter 34 Chapter 34

A Chapter by Tina Kline