Chapter 1

Chapter 1

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko

Chapter 1


I quickly hid from the flashing lights zooming down the street. All I could hear was police sirens going off. It was giving me a constant  headache.*Sigh* I put my hoodie on to make sure no one saw me. Then I made my way to my hiding spot through the shadows.


“Who’s there?” someone quickly asked.


I stayed still for a bit to see a hotel guard behind me. I tried to make a quick decision. Should I run? I turn fully around to see at least two guards.

   

        “Excuse me sir, but may I ask why you are lounging in the back of the hotel? This part is for staff only.”


“Sorry sir, but I am new to the place” I replied.


         “How could you not see the sign? Are you blind?” the second guard replied rudely.


“Sir, we’re gonna have to escort you to the-”


“I’m getting my clothes even more dirtier” I said to myself.


All I could do was stare at the fresh corpses lying 9 feet away from me. I looked around to see who fired those shots, but unfortunately found nothing. I quickly ran behind a dumpster. What was that? I thought to myself. I couldn’t see but I could tell that someone was now targeting me. I analyzed the material of the bullet and the timing. It must be a SR-25. I looked at the dent the bullet created in the cement. When I looked at the dent I analyzed it and figured out where the bullet was shot from.


“Wonder who this is. They know their snipers.” I looked at the building the shot came from and ran towards it.

       

As soon as I got to my location, I slowed down and hid behind one of the buildings. I walked slowly and then checked my surroundings. If I was that person, I would change my location, so where would I move… I looked up to all the buildings looking for available spaces to sneak up to. I found a rail and decided to climb on the rail and the balconies as support.


          I put my hand on the rusty rail to see how much weight it could hold. I pulled it and it wouldn't budge. I put my other hand on the rail to pull myself up. I kept pulling up and occasionally put my foot on a balcony rail to support my lower half. Then I got to the roof, I walked around but saw nothing.


 Then I looked at one of the edges of the building and saw that there was a note. Hello there! My name is Kotori Takahashi! If you found this letter then you are really smart. Your welcome with those guards, if you want to talk with me in person then follow the clues I left behind in the building! P.S. Some of them might be a bit gory!


  I crumbled up the letter and found an arrow. I followed it and found some stairs. I climbed down and found another letter. If you are reading this letter then you really want to talk to me in person, hmmm. Well the next clue is in the second hallway third room. See you soon! *Sigh*


“What’s wrong with this person…”

    

I turned a corner and looked up to any signs. Seems as if I found my destination, that is if this ‘Takahashi-san’ has something up her sleeve. I walked into the room and saw pitch darkness. I ducked and hid behind a computer desk.


“Your senses are extremely sharp if you could sense that” said a feminine voice to my back left.


I heard her take the magazine out and refill it with more bullets. Judging by the sound of the gun I can calculate the weight. There's so much guns with that weight it could range from a Desert Eagle to a PT92.


I sat silently for 15 minutes and realized she was gone. I walked around the room and found another note.

Hmmm, you seem like a challenge. I don’t know what to do with you. Well, how about you find me and we can talk. Sounds good? Ok, well the next clue is somewhere obvious. I think you would know where to find it. Show me you’re smart!


I thought of all the obvious places the next clue could be. I cautiously exited the room and made my way out. I took out my Walther PK380 and ducked while walking towards a conference room. Telling by how silent it is and how heavy this ‘Takahashi-san’ girl’s footsteps are, she was definitely not in there. I walked straight in and looked at the huge table in front of me.


There led a note covered in blood. Look behind you. I quickly ducked as I saw silver bullets fly straight past my face. I turned back where the bullets came from but there was no one there. I walked out of the room and on the wall I saw a streak of blood going downstairs. She must be insane, well if I want to find her then I have to look for some cameras, and then find the control room. I look around to see if there are any cameras. I found plenty but now I have to find the control room.


There was another note on the wall. Aww, c'mon i'm getting bored. Find me already! I ignored the note and figured that the control room is on the top floor. I ran up the stairs and then out of nowhere, there was an explosion. I ran a couple more stairs and then half of the stairs were missing and there was a huge hole on the wall looking over Kyoto. *Sigh* Guess there is no way for me going to the top. I looked around the explosion and noticed a pole hanging in the middle of the hole. If I want to catch Takahashi-san then I have to do this.


Without thinking much about this, I jumped towards the pole hanging. I almost slipped but had a chance to tighten my grip. I look down and it looked like I was about ten stories high and by now there were sirens all around the building. There was another explosion but about two stories higher and to the right of the tower. I heard people screaming from that side. Seriously what's wrong with her? Using explosives right in front of the police, I guess she had this planned to be just me and her. The pole I was hanging for my life was getting looser and was about to break. I scanned the area more and saw that there was a ledge on the wall so I could hang on too. Okay, here goes nothing. I jumped and closed my eyes before I could see anything.


I opened my eyes again and I saw the walls moving. I looked up and the hole was getting farther away from me. I acted quickly and grabbed my knife and stabbed it into the wall. I slowed down a bit but then my blade broke. I grabbed on to the ledge of the building. I scanned the area and saw that there was a window nearby, I was scooting over to it when there was a gunshot from below. I looked down and the police were shooting at someone inside the entrance. I climbed in the window and ran toward the stairs. I was running down when I saw police at the stairs. Crap, how am I gonna get past them.


I grabbed my Walther PK380. I tried to walk behind them as fast as I can. One of them turned around and aimed his SMG straight at me while the other grabbed a knife. I kicked the police that had a SMG on the legs and shot the other police. The first police fell and I grabbed the knife and stabbed him.


*Sigh* I muttered. “That was close.” I ran to the entrance and saw someone in a bulletproof vest and a helmet. They were shooting the police with an Aug.  Wonder who this is. Then there was a burst of laughter from the person shooting the police, it sounded more like a feminine laugh. Is this Takahashi-san? Or is this another insane girl. The police stopped shooting and the girl ran for the stairs, she passed me and kept on running until she got to the stairs.


“You better hurry, or else the police will get you!” She smiled at me and ran up the stairs. It’s her. I chased her up the stairs. She kept on throwing Flash Bangs but I ran out of their range. Then she ran into a hallway and threw a grenade to the stairs. I got into the hallway just when the grenade exploded. She was still running, but backwards. She grabbed a Desert Eagle and shot at me. I barely dodged it, she shot at me again and this time it hit me in the arm. Ouch, Takahashi-san really wants to hurt me… She kept on laughing, she stopped running and stood in the same spot looking at the ground. I silently grabbed my Walther PK380, aimed it at her and pulled the trigger. She ran towards the bullet but slid under it and then continued running. How did she dodge that?! She grabbed out a knife.


“Fukushita-kun, you shouldn't have done that! Now you’re gonna pay!” How does she know my name?! I got up and ran towards the stairs I was walking up the stairs when I got back to the hole. I looked behind me and listened if Takahashi-san was still chasing me. It sounded like she was gone. I grabbed out my phone. I’m surprised it's still aliveI wonder how she knows this building so much, that's what i'm going to search up, who owns this building… I looked at my phone. The Takahashi family owns it? Well I just answered my question-. I felt someone push me and then in a second I was falling again but with someone else.


“Fukushita-kun, you know you're going to die with me.” She held onto me tight so I could not escape. I turned around to face her, I grabbed a knife out of my pocket and stabbed it through her vest and blood came out of the vest.


“I’m sorry ‘Grim reaper’ but you're not going to take my life today” I pushed her away from me and grabbed to the ledge of the building. She looked at me right after she grabbed the ledge too. She got on the ledge and started climbing after me. What? How can she climb if I stabbed her… unless she had another vest under that.


I looked around the area and saw that there was a fountain below. I looked back at her and then back at the fountain. No choice… I let go of the ledge. Takahashi-san looked at me with a horrified face. I looked down to calculate where I would land. I moved my body so I could land safely on the fountain.


*SPLASH*


All I could feel was the cold, dirty and bloody water that was now surrounding me. When I looked up I saw Kotori also jumping. I swimmed out of the water and got out. When I started to run she got out of the water too. She was starting to catch up to me. I threw my phone at her but she dodged it. She grabbed her Desert Eagle and started shooting at me. Crap, I don't know where to go from here. I can't go back home or else she will know where I live. I ran behind a car to hear her shooting at it. This car’s gonna explode! I stayed for a few seconds and then started hearing the car getting ready to explode. I don’t know if I can last longer, my arm feels like its gonna fall off. I ran between two buildings and found a hole large enough for me to fit through. I quickly started climbing through, despite the pain in my arm. I fell on a concrete floor and observed my surroundings. I quickly took a piece of wood and placed it on the hole. I made sure there were no holes.


“Come out come out,wherever you are!” I heard Takahashi-san yell.


For the next 7 minutes I heard silence. Is she really gone now? *Sigh*


I turned around and open my eyes and see a bloody-covered female. I blink again and saw nothing. I’m starting to see things. I sat down and stare around a bit. What is that? I kept staring at the darkest shadow of the room. I glared and tried really hard to hear any breathing. That’s when I saw it. I looked at the floor and saw a red fluid. Is that blood? Then there was a giggle.


“Hi Fukushita-kun, I've been waiting for you to notice me!”


“How do you know my name…”


“Oh, we go to the same school. Haven't you seen me? I am in your home room.”


“Hm, never noticed.” She looked at me and I looked back at her. She was getting up and I noticed her hand going into her pocket. I started to back away quickly, then she grabbed out her phone and showed me a picture of her and my whole class. “Sorry I never noticed you, I guess.” She put away her phone and grabbed her gun and pointed it to my head.


“Oh, no worries. I just need you to repay for what you tried to do in the building!” She smiled at me. Crap, how am I going to escape now? I looked around and figured something out.


“Ok. All I have to do is repay you, right?” She nodded, I nodded back. I kicked her legs and she fell to the ground then I grabbed her Desert Eagle and pointed it at her. “Okay, i'm going to spare your life just for today. That's how i'm going to repay you.”


“Hmp, no fair” she pouted. I dropped the gun and climbed out the room. I started walking over to my house but I felt like I was being followed. I looked behind me but there was no one there. I began walking again. I started humming a song in the meantime. I wish I could have my phone back. I continued walking towards my house. It’s gonna be awkward once I go back to school. *Sigh*


© 2017 Akihiko Naoko


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very intiguing story. Certainly got my attention. Well structured and i can see quite some thought went into this piece. Their were a few grammatical errors BUT it didn't take away what a good piece you have produced. The action didn't let up and you controlled the scenes well. It felt like i was watching the whole thing right before my eyes.

Sentences were short and packed a punch and you didn't bamboozle the reader with any fancy words - it was straight simple and straight to the point.

Overall an enjoyable read.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Akihiko Naoko

7 Years Ago

Thank you very much.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

181 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 2, 2017
Last Updated on March 3, 2017


Author

Akihiko Naoko
Akihiko Naoko

MO



About
I'm a 13 year old who dreams of becoming an author one day. Feel free to suggest books! more..

Writing
Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko