Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko

Chapter 9


It was May 15, Miyu’s 15th birthday. We went to school normally, but I went to her class to sing happy birthday to her with her classmates. When we finished singing all the girls huddled and started looking at me and then whispering.


“Miyu, you're lucky to have the most popular boy in school as a brother.” They looked at me.


“What, so i'm not popular?” I smiled. She scoffed. Then I felt someone's arm around mine.


“Cmon Kento! Were gonna be late to class if you don't hurry.” I looked behind me and saw Furutani-san. All the girls kept staring. They started whispering again.


“I thought he was dating Kotori...” Miyu glared at me.


“They broke up, but I didn't know about her… would you care to explain, Kento?” I looked back at Furutani-san.


“Oh, yea we are gonna be late. Sorry Miyu, see you at Chiefs house!” Furutani-san started to tug more. “Ok, i'm going!” We got to class in time. “Why are you calling me by my first name?” She looked over at Kotori. I looked over at her too and she started to look at us.


Furutani-san kissed me on the cheek again. “Because we are dating, silly!” She sat down. I wiped my cheek. No we are not… Kotori glared at me. I walked over to my chair.


I laid my head on my desk thinking of what has happened lately. In seconds I have fallen asleep.


*BRING*


I shot up from my seat and saw everyone cleaning up and leaving. Is it already  the end of the day? I started to put my pencils and paper away. I looked up and see Kotori erasing the board.


“Kento! Let’s walk home together!” someone yelled. I looked up and saw Furutani-san.


*Sigh* “Remember, we have to stay to do work.” She looked at me confused and then started smiling.


“Then we will have to walk home together!” In the corner of my eye I saw Kotori mumbling something while looking at us. She finished erasing the board and left.


“I'll get the papers from the teachers conference room.” I said. Furutani-san nodded. The good thing is that the teacher conference room is close to Miyu’s class, so I can check if she is okay. I was walking past Miyu’s classroom and I heard Kotori’s voice. I stopped by the door to hear her.


“Hey, Miyu…” She sounded shy. “Um, is Kento with Furutani-san? I mean it's not like I like him anymore…” I looked inside a bit and saw Miyu with a confused expression and Kotori blushing.


“Why do you want to know?”


“Um, well,  I was just wondering…because there was a lot of rumors and I just didn't-” The rest I couldn't hear. Why does she want to know? The truth is i'm not going out with Furutani-san… I began walking over to the teachers conference room again. I grabbed the papers and ran back to the classroom. I saw that the lights were turned off. What is she trying to pull… I entered the room quietly and stealthy. When I entered the room I saw Kotori walking up towards Furutani-san. I saw that she was holding something shiny behind her back. When I realized what she was holding I immediately freezed. What is she doing… Don't do it Kotori…


Kotori started to raise the knife. I threw the paper on the floor and stood up quickly and sprinted towards Kotori. She noticed me and ran out. Crap…


“Hey, Kento… wait was that Kotori?” I looked at where she was headed. Wait… she will get hurt if she doesn't stop, she has a hurt hip. I ran towards Kotori and saw her sitting down on the ground, crying.  


“Hey, I forgot to tell you… Thank you. And i'm sorry I pushed you down, I-”


She continued to sob. “I lost you…”


I was confused. “What? You lost me?” She looked at me, still sobbing. Furutani-san came running towards us. Kotori looked at her.


“I lost you, she took you from me… I'm sorry I said that, on Tuesday. I didn't  mean it.” I smiled.


“It's ok, but what do you mean by Furutani-san taking me away from you?”


“You two aren't going out?” I laughed.


“No! We are not going out.” Kotori looked confused. I looked back at Furutani-san and she was making a pouting face and looking the other way.


“Then… why did she say you two were going out this Saturday. She said it in the main shopping district. Didn't she?”



“Hmm, she did say that. But I never said that we were going out on Saturday.” Kotori looked at me more sad.


“So you're going on Sunday?”


“No Kotori, I'm not even going out with her” She smiled and hugged me. To be honest, it was a bit uncomfortable. Miyu ran up towards us.


“Is everything okay?” she said directly to me. I nodded.


“Everything’s peachy!” Kotori said while hugging me tighter. I slowly shrugged her off of me but she just dropped to the ground and held my leg. “But my hip hurts” Miyu glared and pushed Kotori off of me.


“Don’t get too excited! You’re the one who broke things off so don’t think you can just be his ‘girlfriend’.” She stomped her foot to be more dramatic. Kotori glared but then crawled up to me and hugged my leg again. “What are you doing? Get off of him!” Miyu tried to push Kotori off, but she held on tightly. I could feel the blood in my circulation getting cut off. Kotori then screamed and quickly fell to the ground. She was clutching her hip while groaning and moaning in pain. I quickly fell to the ground because Kotori kicked me because she was moving too much. Miyu just stared and then glared even harder.


Miyu sighed. “Ok… just for today. Don't get any ideas though!” Kotori smiled at her. *Sigh*


“Let's go back, and Furutani-san. Can you do the work for me? I have to take care of Kotori.” She nodded and went running back to the class. I picked Kotori up and put her on my back. “Ok, let's go back to my house. Kotori are you alright?” I looked back at her and she smiled.


“Yes, i'm fine!” I nodded. While we were headed to my house I saw a figure in the corner of my eye. For some reason it looked a lot like Miyoshi. I growled a bit.


Miyu looked at me. “Is there something wrong?” I looked back at her.


“No… I'm just seeing things.” Kotori made a noise.


“Ooo, what type of things are you seeing?” I groaned. She started to laugh and Miyu started to glare at me.


“What?! I didn't do anything!” She looked away from me again. I started to hear footstep behind us, but when I looked behind us I saw nothing. When we arrived home Chief’s cop car was gone. Then I heard laughing. Kotori held me tighter and began to tremble. Miyoshi…


“Oh! What a surprise to see you all again! And you're all at one spot, I can kill you all at once.” I looked over at Miyu and she was trembling too. She tried to speak but nothing came out.


I growled. “What did you do to make both of them so scared of you. And how are you alive? I sliced your throat open.” He grinned.


“It's called a doppelganger. And what do you mean they are scared of me?! They are just so happy to see me, they are trembling with joy!” I felt Kotori hold me tighter and Miyu walk behind me. I felt a quick sting in my back and then in seconds everything went blurry. Crap...


*Kotori P.O.V*


All of a sudden Kento falls to the ground. I look up to my left to see Miyu holding a tranquilizer.


“Miyu, why'd you do that?!” I shouted.


“I'm not Miyu...” she said as she took of her fake ponytails.


“Good job ‘Miyu’.” Miyoshi said while smirking. The girl glared but stepped back a bit. “What are you waiting for, aren't you going to listen to me?” Miyoshi reached into his pocket. The mysterious ‘Miyu’ girl dropped all her weapons but kept a handgun with her.


“I'm tired of listening to you!” The girl shouted while trembling. With that, the girl ran off. Miyoshi took out his phone and dialed a number.


“Runaway #3412, make sure to get her back by tonight” He hung his phone up and stared straight at me. “Don't think I've forgotten about you, you deserved to be punished way much more than her. You ran away from me two years ago and i'm still not successful of capturing you again. It's because this boy is getting in my way!” I began to tremble more.


“And you're not getting me back! I'm not going back to that dark place. I'm not becoming your slave!” Miyoshi started to laugh.


“That's sad, I was going to let you surrender and you could have come back with no scratches. But, I guess i'll have to do this the hard way.” He snapped his fingers and men came out from behind me and grabbed Kento. I tried to stop them but Miyoshi held me back. “I forgot how soft your skin is!”


“No! Let Kento go! This has nothing to do with him!” I shouted.


“Oh but it does! He is the one holding me back from you! So as punishment he is sentenced to death.” I began to cry. I looked at the men and they got out a knife. They held it to Kento’s throat. I heard sirens and then a police car parked in front of Kento’s house. “Crap… Let's go, leave him!” Miyoshi said while he ran away. “I will find you Kotori! And next time you will never see Kento Fukushita!” Mr. Fukushita ran to Kento on the floor. He looked at me.


“What happened?! Who was he? Tell me his name Kotori!” I nodded.


“His name is Seiji Miyoshi… He also did horrible things to me about 2 years ago. He tortures high school girls and makes them his slaves. I was one of them but fortunately I escaped.” He looked really mad.


“Take him inside, i'm going back to the police department to search up his name.” He tossed me the keys to the house. I nodded. He went back to his police car and drove off. I entered the house and dragged him inside. He looks like he doesn't weigh a lot, but he is heavy… I let him lay on the floor. I looked around and found a phone book. I turned the pages until I found Kento’s personal doctor. I dialed the number and he picked up.


“Hi Kento. What is it?” He responded.


“It’s me, Kotori. Kento has been drugged. Can you come over please?”


“Of course. I'll be there in a minute.” He hung up. A couple minutes passed and I heard a knock on the door. I walked over and opened the door for the doctor.


“He’s on the floor.” He nodded and sat down on the ground. He opened his suitcase. He took out a pill and opened Kento mouth. He put the pill and poured water.


“He will wake up like normal, in the morning. So if the Chief doesn't come back in the few hours, stay with him until tomorrow morning. I will call the school and tell them that Kento and you won't be attending school tomorrow.” I nodded.


I looked  back down to Kento’s face. I felt my heart start to beat. I blushed and looked away. I should go clean myself up. I stood and went towards the bathroom. I started to wash my hands until I saw a small red flashing light out of the corner of my eye. I turned my body around and tried to find the light. Finally I found it behind the toilet. What is this? I picked it up and examined it. Is this a camera?! I quickly threw on the ground and stomped on it. How could I be so careless, they know our location so of course they’d try something. I walked out to find other cameras that were hidden. I found one in the couch and put it in the fireplace.


I looked around the house and finally was standing in front of Kento’s room. I opened the door and looked around his room. Wow, I haven't noticed before. But his room is really clean… I found the last camera on the pillow. I went back to the living room and sat beside Kento. In a couple minutes I fell asleep. I woke up to look at the clock and it was 7:00 PM. Chief still isn't home? I looked back at Kento and he was still sleeping. Right, I have to stay here until tomorrow morning… I dragged him to his bedroom and laid him there. I grabbed a blanket from his bed and covered.


“Sleep well…” I whispered. I walked out and closed the door. I went over to Miyu’s room and slept there. Tomorrow we will go look for you Miyu… I won't let you suffer like I did… even though you really are interfering with me and Kento.


© 2017 Akihiko Naoko


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on March 6, 2017
Last Updated on March 6, 2017


Author

Akihiko Naoko
Akihiko Naoko

MO



About
I'm a 13 year old who dreams of becoming an author one day. Feel free to suggest books! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko