Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko

Chapter 4


                *Tick Tock*


“Papa! Momma!” I looked beside me and Miyu was crying. I looked in front of me and about 4 feet away from me there were two bodies on the floor. I was too young to understand what was happening but the police were backing us away. “No! Momma, Papa, please wake up!” Miyu shouted at the bodies on the floor. Then I understood. Momma and Papa were dead. One of the police put two fingers on the bodies and shook her head. The Chief looked down at us.


“I'll take them in with me. I have no one else in the house so a little company might help me.” All the police nodded. I began to cry. We heard shooting behind us. I looked behind me and there was a man with a gun shooting the police.


“Protect the children!”


                   *Tick Tock*


I looked behind me and saw Takahashi-san running towards me, she jumped but I moved away. She face planted on the concrete floor and groaned.


“Why did you move you idiot?!” I shrugged. We walked together until we got to my house.


“I told you that I know where my house is, so you didn't need to walk me here…”


“But I wanted to!” she looked at my house and touched the police car.


“At this time of night, you could get kidnapped and killed, maybe even worse.”


“Are you worried about me?!” her eyes started to sparkle. She started to hop a bit.


“Big brother! I was scared you wouldn’t come home safely… Who is that?!” She pointed at Takahashi-san.


“I’m his girlfriend! Who the heck are you and why are you at Kento’s house?!” Takahashi-san started to glare and ball her fists.


“Excuse me, but Kento is my older brother and he’s not your boyfriend! Right Kento?” Both girls stared at me, waiting for an answer.


“Both of you are wrong but right”


Both of them yelled. “What is that supposed to mean?!” I covered my right ear.


The Chief laughed. “C'mon Miyu, and your name is?” He looked at Takahashi-san.


“My name is Kotori Takahashi!” She yelled like she was proud of herself.


“Oh, so your Hisoka's sister? Well if you want to, you can come inside and have some tea.” Takahashi-san gleamed with joy.


“Um, Chief I think she should go home, her parents might be-”


“What are you talking about Kento! I would love to know your family!” She said. “Except for that annoying brat…” she muttered. The thing is, that my parents died when I was four…


Miyu bursted. “What did you say?!”


Takahashi-san smiled. “Nothing!” We walked inside and took off our shoes. I was walking over to my room when Takahashi-san ran up to me. “Hey Kento why don't I go to your room since you already went to my room!”


Miyu looked like she was about to die. “You went into her room?!”


Takahashi-san giggled. “Wait… You don't understand! She pushed me in there!”


“Oh, Kento I remember you pushing me in there, it was like you turned into a freak!”


“Wait, What?!” Miyu looked at me and ran towards me.


“No! She is lying I didn't do that, I swear!” Miyu didn't stop. Oh crap…        

            *Tick Tock*


I look around to see people taking pictures. All I could hear was the sound of crying and yelling. People kept shouting at me and Miyu, but it all was blurred out. I look straight ahead of me to see a priest chanting and praying. I turn to my side to see Miyu crying and holding her teddy bear tightly.


“For may these souls rest in peace” with that, the priest closed his books and walked off the stage.


“Are you gonna go up there?” asked the chief. Miyu ran up there and hugged the dead bodies. All I could do was stare. I didn’t want to believe it. I got up and started walking slowly. Once I got up there, I looked at Momma and Papa. Before I knew it, I felt liquid leave my eyes. Everything else was drowned by my own cries.


Other people who I didn’t know showed up behind me. They all looked at me in pity. Some even whispered. I hated it, receiving all this pity, constantly reminding me that my parents are dead. I walked away from the crowd behind me, I glanced back a bit to see a red-headed girl staring at me. I glared at her so she could stop, but then her face just went red and she ran after a blonde-haired boy and hid behind him. Still, she would keep staring.


         *Tick Tock*


Miyu jumped and she pushed me down. She got up and dragged me into my room.


“Why would you go into her room?!” *Sigh*


“I didn't, she pushed me! Who do you believe, a girl you just met or your older brother?”


“You of course! I'm just saying why did you go in her room!” I had to think a bit.


“I guess I just wanted to know her a bit more…” She groaned.


“Ok, but don't do anything suspicious… we are staying at the Chief’s house and I picked up some of his tricks.” I smiled and nodded. She walked out and Takahashi-san walked in, but before she can talk, I walked out. I remember now… what you did. I will never see her in pain because of you… Kotori Takahashi. She looked at me and sat on my bed.


Miyu was sitting on the couch with Chief. They were watching a cop movie.


“Chief why are you watching a cop movie if you're a cop…” He shrugged. I walked in the kitchen and sat down. I put my head on the table and fell asleep.


    *Tick Tock*


We were walking over to the park. Me, Miyu, Hisoka, and Kotori. We were all best friends. They said they felt sorry for what happened to our parents. Sometimes I thought Kotori was blushing too much when she talked to me but it didn't bother me. When we got to the park we started to play soccer. Miyu and Kotori just watched us play. After  a while I realized Miyu was crying. Kotori just sat there with an angry expression.


“Stop being such a crybaby!!” Kotori yelled. I looked up to see Kotori holding Miyu’s teddy bear.


“I just wanna look!” Kotori started to turn it upside down and twisted some of its legs.


“Stop it, you’re ruining him!” Miyu shouted while reaching for it. Kotori stepped back while putting it high in the air where Miyu couldn’t reach. “Why are you being so mean?”


“Did you not just hear me? I’m gonna take it home and then give it back!” After that Kotori walked off.


“I think it’s time for me to go home...” Hisoka said quickly while jogging to Kotori. Miyu continued to cry. I ran over towards Miyu.


“What happened? Why is she taking your teddy?” I asked. She never lets anyone hold it.


“S-she was making fun of Louise and sn-snatched him from m-me!” she continued to sob. That was her favorite present from Momma and Papa.


“Don’t worry, i’ll get revenge...” I said while hugging Miyu.


      *Tick Tock*


I woke up to see Miyu sleeping beside me. I got up and stretched. I walked over to my room and saw that Takahashi-san was gone. *Ring* My phone buzzed. I looked to see who messaged me. “Oh, it's boss…”


“Hey Kento, I need you to check this place out. There is this man called Toyama Yamamoto. I will send you the address in a bit.”


*Sigh* Great, I have to do my job on a school week... “I’m going out.”


Chief was still watching cop movies. “Sure ok, can you pass by the grocery store when you come back? I'll text you the list.”


“Ok.” I was walking out when I saw Takahashi-san walking. I ignored her and kept on walking. I looked at my phone and looked at the address. “A Casino?” *Sigh* “Let’s get this over with.”


             *Tick Tock*          


After that day I never saw them again so I could never get my revenge for my sister. Kotori never gave back Louise. We stayed with the Chief. I always felt empty when my parents died. Miyu never seemed excited or leaping with joy. We had no friends, so we had to stay in the house. We felt lonely. Sometimes in school I saw some boys bullying Miyu. I always came home with dirty clothes.


“Kento. You don't need to worry about me I can handle myself.”


“I'm not letting anyone bully you anymore.”


I was in 9th grade so me and Miyu were separated now. That's when I met Hisoka. I felt like that name sounded familiar. We became friends and I always seemed there was something off, but I always shrugged it off.


                 *Tick Tock*



© 2017 Akihiko Naoko


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

112 Views
Added on March 3, 2017
Last Updated on March 3, 2017


Author

Akihiko Naoko
Akihiko Naoko

MO



About
I'm a 13 year old who dreams of becoming an author one day. Feel free to suggest books! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko