Chapter 7

Chapter 7

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko

Chapter 7


I was walking back home and that's when I saw Miyoshi with someone else. Looks like he’s with someone else… but who? Then I noticed that he was holding them in a headlock and had a hand over their mouth. Not my problem… but if that is Miyu I will hurt him. I have to make sure it's not Miyu. I hid behind a lamp post and tried to look at the person Miyoshi was kidnapping. I thought I saw blue hair but then he disappeared in the darkness.


I walked around a building to see a shadow moving around. I slowly walked closer while staying against a wall. I looked over a corner and Miyoshi was tying the hands of his victim. I have to find out if Kotori is ok… I'll come back here later. I turned around and ran to the Chief's house. When I got there I saw Chief’s police car parked. Crap, he’s home… I opened the door and went to the living room.


“Kento, may I ask why Kotori is on the couch, injured?” he asked. How am I supposed to lie and make sure it makes sense?


“She had hit her hip against her desk.”


“Then why is she unconscious?” he asked.


“When she hit her hip, she fell and hit her head.” He still looked a bit worried.


“Anyway, it's good to see two childhood friends going out now” he said in a mockingly tone.


“I didn’t know Kotori until this year” I said really confused.


“Oh, but you did. You don’t remember her and- what was his name? Hisoka! Don’t you still hang with him?” At this point I was confused. “You guys hanged out for about a year and then every time I offered to take you and Miyu to the park, you’d refuse. I think I have a picture somewhere.”


“Don’t worry i’ll find it” I walked towards the bookshelf and got out a book album. I found the picture, took it out and walked towards the fireplace. I took a small glance at the picture. It was all four of us smiling. I glared at it and lit the fire place. I sat down and tried to remember everything. Oh right, Kotori took Miyu’s teddy bear. I ripped the picture in half and threw it in the fire. What time is it? The clock read 10:30 p.m. Miyu’s suppose to be home now, right? Then I remembered the victim Miyoshi was carrying. How could I be worried about Kotori when Miyu was being kidnapped?!

I took my coat and threw it on. I ran towards the door. I turned around and saw Kotori’s eyes flutter open. All I want to do is strangle her, but I needed to save Miyu. I ran out the door and straight to the spot where I last saw Miyoshi. Looking around frantically, I walk towards a costume store and look inside. It was dark and empty, so I decide to enter.


I went through the window because the door has bells. I looked around to see if there were any signs that someone has been here recently. I slowly walked around and came to a stop. This plank of wood seems out of place. I crouched and pulled on it. Why is it so loose? I pulled on it harder and it finally came out of its place. I look down to see a hole. I got a hat from the shelf behind me and dropped it in there. I heard it hit the ground and decide to drop something harder. I listened more carefully and heard muffling. I quickly squeezed myself in and see Miyu tied to a chair.


“Guess you came Fukushita. I thought you would never notice.” I looked closely behind the chair Miyu was tied up to and there was Miyoshi holding a knife to Miyu’s neck.


“Don't you dare hurt her Miyoshi! I swear I will hang you.” He laughed.


“I would not hurt such a perfect body like Miyu’s! I guess I will give you guys a sibling talk… I am feeling generous today.” He cut the ropes on Miyu’s mouth.


“Big brother! I thought you would never come!” I smiled.


“Why not, If you died then who would boss me around on the missions. Plus who would pay me?” Her eyes widened. She opened and closed her mouth.


“You knew? But how?”


“You growled when Kotori came and you wanted me to kill her and I know you’ve hated her since the park.” I looked down and sighed. Miyoshi started to laugh again.


“Okay! Enough sibling talk! If you don't tell me where Kotori is, then I will have to kill your sister.” He put the knife close to her neck again.


“I could care less about Kotori. I will bring her to you. I will be back in a hour. Can you hold on for an hour Miyu?” She nodded. I got out and ran back to Chief’s house. As soon as I got to the house, Kotori was missing.“Kotori?”


“I’m here” she said as she exited the bathroom. “I think I should go home, my parents are probably worried.”


“I’ll walk you” I said as I exited the house. As soon as we got to the location, Kotori started to get suspicious.


“Why are we taking the long way, I don't feel safe for some reason” she said while looking around.


“Oh, I just want to show you something. It’s a secret.” She started to hop a bit


“I love secrets!” Good she’s calming down. She seemed scared of this guy, but why… I led her down to the basement and Miyu was still alive. I sighed with relief. Kotori looked even more scared than before. Miyoshi came out of the shadows.


“Oh, so you did bring her. Ok then, I will let Miyu go.” He cut the ropes and Miyu came running towards me. I looked over to Kotori and she just stood there. *Sigh* Miyoshi was walking towards Kotori. I silently got my knife out and then I stood in front of Kotori.


Miyoshi looked at me confused. “What are you doing Fukushita? I thought we had a deal.”


“Miyu get behind Kotori.” I looked towards Miyoshi. “I can't let you have Kotori. I know, I really want to kill her, but i'm not letting you do things with her. You b*****d.” Miyoshi started to laugh. I growled a bit. What am I doing… I hate her, but then why am I protecting her? I should get out of here with Miyu… no I can't let Miyoshi do this.


“Kento…” I looked behind me and started to bleed from my nose a little bit.


“Um… Kotori” She was hugging me tight.


“Yes?”


“C-could you please let me go?” She held on tighter. *Sigh*


Miyoshi made a face. “Aw, Fukushita, you always have all the fun…” I glared and pushed Kotori and Miyu towards the hole. “So you think you can escape with them? I think not!” Miyoshi said as he quickly took out his Beretta m9 and shot at Kotori and Miyu. I took out my knife and wrapped my other arm around his throat. I corn-dogged him which made him drop his gun and fall to the ground.


          “Any last words?” I said while holding the knife to his neck. He started laughing.


          “Before you kill me, you should really watch your back” After that I sliced his neck open, but after a few seconds there was a sharp pain in my back. I turned around and saw someone in full black clothing. I took the gun off the floor and shot the person in the head. Then I ran towards the hole to see if Kotori and Miyu we're okay. I climb up to see Kotori in the corner holding her hip and Miyu fighting two other guys. I ran towards one and snapped their neck. Miyu took out a knife and stabbed the other man in the lungs. He collapsed and started breathing pretty hard.


“Come on, we need to get out of here.” I said to the girls. I exited through the window and held it open.


“Um, Kento?” Miyu was standing still.


“Yes?” I responded.


“Uh, thank you for saving me” she said.


“You're my sister, of course I would save you.” I smiled at her. I realized that Kotori was silent the whole time. I looked around and saw Kotori staring at me with hatred. “What's your problem?” I said quickly. Her glare grew stronger and she walked ahead of us.


“You know you should be grateful Kento saved you.” Miyu butted in. Kotori stopped walking. “He could've easily gave you to Miyoshi, and me and Kento wouldn't even look back at you.” she said with a smug look. Kotori stole a glance behind her shoulder. She continued to walk but slower to her house. Why didn't Miyu just kill her? Miyu and I made our way towards our house and went to sleep for school.



© 2017 Akihiko Naoko


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

98 Views
Added on March 5, 2017
Last Updated on March 5, 2017


Author

Akihiko Naoko
Akihiko Naoko

MO



About
I'm a 13 year old who dreams of becoming an author one day. Feel free to suggest books! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko