Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko

Chapter  2


    *Beep Beep*


I groan as I turn my alarm off. Great, another day of school. I get up and head to the bathroom. I brush my teeth and apply deodorant. I walk out the bathroom and head to the kitchen. What should I have for breakfast? I need something quick. I decided to go for a granola bar. I took one out and headed back to my room to get dressed. After I finished, I headed out the door with my bag. If I want to avoid that girl on the way there, I need to get there quick. I was walking towards the school and I haven't seen Takahashi-san yet.


“Hey Kento!” I looked behind me and saw Hisoka Takahashi. I can't believe he’s living with her. Doesn't he know his sister is a murderer?


“Hi Hisoka. Where is your sister?” He looked at me.    


“Oh, Kotori? She is already in school. Why do you ask?”


“I’m just wondering.” We walked over to the school and entered the gate.


I stayed silent throughout the walk towards the main building. I went to my locker and put my shoes in it.*Sigh* I forgot we were taking the PSAT. I walked slowly to my homeroom, mentally getting prepared for the test. As I got to the room, I looked around to check if Takahashi-san was hiding anywhere.


“Fukushita, I recommend coming in and sitting down so we can get ready.” Tanaki-sensei demanded. I nodded and came to sit down. We could sit anywhere so I sat to the seat in the back. I got a mechanical pencil out and put all my other belongings behind my chair. I looked around and saw no sights of Takahashi-san. I relaxed my muscles and reviewed my notes from the other classes. Didn’t Hisoka say she was here? *Sigh* I can’t tell if i’m relieved or worried. I continued to listen to the teacher give instructions. Soon after 10 minutes of the teacher talking, we started the PSAT.


After two hours, we finished the PSAT. For one second I thought I saw Takahashi-san out in the field. Maybe i’m seeing things. I continued to eat my omurice that I prepared myself. Soon after a few minutes, a messy red haired Takahashi-san came running through the room. She stomped towards her desk and slammed her head against it. Loud snores echoed through the room. How did she get past the school guards? Then I remembered seeing her running through the field. Don’t tell me she jumped the gate. I looked up from my food to see her sleeping. I glared at her even though she couldn’t see me. I stopped glaring and continued to eat. I couldn’t help but to think of what happened last night. Did that really happen or was that a dream? Has this girl always been in my class? Surely I would have remembered her, right? I started staring at her while questioning myself. I kept thinking so hard that I lost track of time and got a headache. It was almost time to get back to work, but I had a feeling that it would be difficult with this new found headache.


I put my empty bento up and went to go wash my hands. I walked out the room and headed towards the bathroom, I quickly went to the sink and washed my hands. I went back to class and saw Takahashi-san still sleeping. Wonder when she went to bed. Doesn't her parents ever get worried, what about Hisoka, doesn't he care? I walked over to her and poked her head.


“You there?” She looked up at me like I was a stranger.


“No. Leave me alone.” She started to poke me. I walked back to my desk and sat down.


“What's wrong Kento?” I looked up to see Hisoka looking at me.


*Sigh* “Nothing, I'm just… I don't know.” I looked back at Takahashi-san. Hisoka followed where I was looking.


“You worried about my sister? She is always late for dinner, but last night she didn’t come home. We were worried because we thought she was in the building our parents own.” I remembered what happened last night and looked back at Hisoka.


“You never told me your parents owned a building…”


“Oh,  I must’ve forgotten to mention, but it isn’t a big deal.” he replied while smiling at me.


“You forgot to mention that for three years? It is a big deal anyways.”


He stopped smiling and his eyebrows scrunched up.


“Well… I guess I forgot” I looked at him and he began smiling again. “Jeez Kento, you never smile.”

“Why would I smile about that?” I asked while getting ready to start class.


“Sometimes it just makes situations more… I don't know, comfortable?” I looked at him and he kept on smiling.


“Hey Hisoka, I have a question.”


“Tell me.”


“Is Kotori in a relationship?” He stopped smiling and looked at me serious.


“Why would you ask that and why call her by her first name? Wait are you two…”


“No! You got it wrong, I'm not going out with your sister. I'm just asking if she is in a relationship, I don't like her, i'm just asking…”


“So you're saying she's not good enough? Are you trying to say that Kento? What do you want to do to my sister?”


“I don't want to do anything to your sister! You got it all wrong!” He started laughing. “I see nothing to laugh about it.”


“I was just joking!” He said while hitting my shoulder. He continued to laugh as if it was the funniest thing in the world. I stopped talking and looked over to Takahashi-san and she was looking back at me with a hopeful expression. She looked away quickly and started to straighten her hair. “Guess she likes you. She is probably hoping you have the same feelings for her.”


“Why would she like me? We've barely talked.” Except for last night.


“Who knows? One time, maybe a few months ago, she would always ask questions about you and then create a diversion when I ask why. But now that I think about it, she doesn't hang with other guys, so maybe you'd have to ask her yourself.”


*Sigh* I walked over to Takahashi-san and she looked at me. “Hey, umm… do you-”


“Yes! I would like to go out with you!” I started to back away.


“No, wait you don't-” She got out of her chair and hugged me and then ran off. “Wait…” I look around to see everyone gossiping about what just happened. Hisoka stared at me wide eyed. Oh no, now I have to break it to her that I don't like her… everything is falling apart. I have to go out with a murderer… I kill people for money not for fun… What have I gotten myself into?



© 2017 Akihiko Naoko


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

118 Views
Added on March 3, 2017
Last Updated on March 3, 2017


Author

Akihiko Naoko
Akihiko Naoko

MO



About
I'm a 13 year old who dreams of becoming an author one day. Feel free to suggest books! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko