Chapter 3

Chapter 3

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko

 Chapter 3


It was now the end of the day and I was extremely stressed. The whole time during class she would pull her phone out and text people, telling them we are dating. She would occasionally turn around and give me puppy looks and then start giggling. It even spreaded to the teachers. *Sigh* I was hiding in one of the boy’s stalls so she wouldn’t find me. I looked at my watch to see what time it was. It’s 4:30? I’ve been in here for a full hour! I quickly opened the stall door and made my way to the back entrance. If I go this way, less people will ask about me and Takahashi-san. But then I remembered those plans I made with Hisoka, which was to come over for dinner. As long as Takahashi-san is late, then I don’t have to worry. I decided to take the long way to think about everything that happened. I expected my high school days to be more peaceful. I walked up to the large gate blocking the house. I pushed the shiny silver button and waited for a reply.


*Errrrrrrrrrrrrr*


The gates made a squeaky noise, but I was used to it. I walked in and took in the beauty of the front garden. I walked up to the door and knocked. Hisoka came bursting through the door.


“Hey Kento! After what happened earlier, I was afraid you wouldn’t show up.” he said as he walked to the side to let me him. He sticks his foot out but luckily I walk around it.


“Nice try buddy.” I say as I take my shoes off. I start heading towards Hisoka’s room in a hurry, but then Hisoka's parents called me into the kitchen. I entered the room and immediately regretted it. I saw Takahashi-san sitting down with her parents.


“So, Kento, you are now dating my daughter?” Mr. Takahashi asked. I looked at Takahashi-san and she was smiling.


“Umm, this is a misunderstanding-” I looked at Hisoka and whispered. “Help me…”


He whispered back. “Just go with it.” I nodded and turned back to her parents.


“Yes, i'm going out with your daughter sir, is there a problem?” Mr. Takahashi looked at Takahashi-san and looked back at me then Takahashi-san again. I heard him whisper something to her but I could only hear parts of it. Takahashi-san nodded at her dad and made a serious face.


Mrs. Takahashi rolled her eyes. “So now my daughter got with her brother’s best friend? What a story to tell to all my relatives!” I looked over to Takahashi-san and she still had that serious expression on her face.


Mr. Takahashi looked at me. “Ok if you are dating my little Kotori then you have to take care of her from now on.” I nodded and they dismissed me. Crap, now I have to go out with her. Me and Hisoka went to his bedroom and when I looked behind me I saw Takahashi-san following us.


Hisoka looked back too. “Where are you going?”


“With you and Kento, of course!”


*Sigh* “Why, you can't come to my room, I told you that already.”


“Hmp, why not…”


“Because knowing you, you’re probably gonna keep bothering us and try to  kiss Kento”


“I won't bother you, but I might do the other thing.” She looked at me and made a face.


“Can you just let us have the night to us guys only, you guys do whatever you want later but not in front of me. It’s awkward seeing my sis and best friend together.” I glared at Hisoka and entered his room first.


“Fine, but next time, i'm coming in too” she said with a pout and walked away. If there is a next time…


“Thank the lord” Hisoka said while shutting the door. “What game should we play?” he said while taking out a few choices. We decided to play Bloodborne until they finished cooking dinner.


“I thought you said you didn’t like my sister.” Hisoka said while focusing on the game.


“I don’t, I didn’t even get to finish my question before she jumped to conclusions and yelled it out.”


“You sure you’re not lying to me?”


*Sigh* “Hisoka, you know I don't lie…”


He laughed. “You lied to my parents.”


“That’s different…” Mrs. Takahashi called us down. We walked down and when Hisoka was about to sit by me Takahashi-san ran to the chair beside me. I looked at her and she made a face. I rolled my eyes. Mr. Takahashi started to glare at me and Takahashi-san.


“How did you two start dating?” Takahashi-san poked me. I looked at her and she started to glare at me.


“I-” I looked at Hisoka. *Sigh* “I asked her out…”


Takahashi-san started smiling.


“Oh, so you straight out asked her out…”


Hisoka muttered. “I feel left out…”


Mr. Takahashi ignored him. “Do you two really like each other…”


In a second Takahashi-san yelled “Yes!” It's hard to believe, she tried to kill me last night… Everyone looked at me. “Do you like me Kento?”


“Umm, yes I do…” No I don't.


Mr. Takahashi looked surprised. “That sounded like you didn't mean it.”


“I do mean it sir.” Mr. Takahashi nodded. We finished our food and I helped clean the dishes.


“Let me guess, Kotori jumped to conclusions?” someone asked from behind me. I turn around to see Takahashi-san’s mom.


I don’t know if I should tell her. I decided I should just get it over with. “Well I was gonna ask her if she liked me, but before I could even finish, she said yes and ran off. The whole class heard and started telling all their friends, and that’s how I got into this whole mess.” She looked back at the living room where Mr. Takahashi and Takahashi-san were sitting watching television.


“Well that's Kotori for you…” I nodded. “You can go to Hisoka now I can finish, thank you.”


“Your welcome, and thank you too.” She nodded. I started to walk upstairs, but Takahashi-san ran towards me.


“Hey Kento! Since we are dating now do you wanna go to my room?”


“No, i'm going to Hisoka's room…” She ignored me and pushed me until we were in front of her bedroom door.


“Why did you ignore me…”


“Ignore you? I would never!”   


“Then why couldn't I find you when the day ended?”


I tried to make an excuse, but if I tell her I'm in a club,  then she'll try to join.


“I had to go to the office” I said quickly.


“Why?” She asked while staring straight at me. Creepy.


“Do I have to tell you everything?” I responded.


“Yes, since we're going out now!” she said while tugging me into her room.


“I know what you're trying to do, it's not gonna work” I said while pulling myself out the room. She decided to tug harder. Goodness, she's so stubborn. She managed to push me into her room but before I can push myself out she locked the door and blocked it.


“Are you kidding me?” She looked at me with a smile.


“No, i'm not kidding!” I looked around her room. There were no weapons. This is going to be weird… Should I ask her what she was doing yesterday?


*Sigh* “What were you doing yesterday in your parents building? Why were you trying to kill me if you like me?” She had a blank expression on her face. She sat on her bed and looked at me again.


“You might not believe this but i'm a murderer!” Ha, hard to believe? I figured that out in the beginning, but I guess i'll go with it… I looked at her.


“You are?” She looked down.


“Yes… I understand if you don't like me.” Yes! She is giving me a chance.


“Ok, I can't go out with someone that is wanted by the police. Therefore i'm not going out with you anymore.” She began to cry. *Sigh* I actually feel bad for her… why? Do I like her? I can't, I just noticed her yesterday… “Hey, don't cry. I mean if we get to know each other we can… I mean we might-” She looked back at me.


“Really?” I nodded and tried to make my way out the door. “Where are you going?! Let's get to know each other!” She shouted from behind me. Where is Hisoka? I reluctantly turned around and sat in a chair.


“So what do you want to know about me” I asked while playing with the stuff on her desk.


“Hmm, first I wanna know what you were doing yesterday. It was obvious that it wasn't legal. You looked very suspicious.” She looked extremely serious.


“I was working late. Acting hours aren't that flexible, especially if they're in a rush.” I said trying to keep a straight face.


“Oh really? What movie?” She was staring extremely hard.


“It's a secret.” I said rather slower than usual.


“You sure you aren't lying to me?”


“No, why would I lie to you?” She's getting even more suspicious.


“Because you don't have that actor aura, not only that, but when I saw you, there was blood on your clothes, and I know for a fact that my bullets do not cause much blood to splatter.”


“It was fake blood” At this point, she's gonna figure out.


“I'm not stupid, I can tell the difference between fake and real.”


I glared at her from the corner of my eye. “Well, if you can tell I'm lying, then try to guess what I was doing. Maybe I'll tell you the truth if you're close.”


         “Well, last night, that was definitely not those guards blood, so it was either yours or someone else's. You are also really good at fighting so I'm gonna guess someone attacked you or you killed someone.”


 “It was pretty obvious wasn't it?” I said to myself.


“Yep, now tell me what you were really doing” she looked a bit mad but not enough to burst.


“I was killing someone, satisfied?”


“I'm not surprised, but why did you just reject me when you killed someone too?! You're a hypocrite!” I couldn't help but to laugh. Hisoka came bursting in.


“I thought you said you never laugh!” Kotori jumped out of her bed.


“Leave us alone! You guys already had your time! You promised me, hmp…”


“Ha, i'm not leaving Kento alone with you!”


“Guys, it's ok-”


Both of them shouted out in the same time. “Shut up Kento!”


“Oh, ok…”


They continued to argue and in the corner of my eye is Mrs. Takahashi. Mr. Takahashi appeared behind Mrs. Takahashi and was grinning while whispering some things to Mrs. Takahashi. A big fluffy German shepherd came trotting in and started barking at both of the siblings. There was so much noise that I was just gonna walk out, but I decided to just cover my ears. I could still hear the faint sounds of people yelling and a dog barking. Then it went silent. I looked around to see Mr. Takahashi lecturing Hisoka and Takahashi-san. I let out a relieved sigh and removed my hands.


“You kids have to respect our guest.” he looked at me. “Kotori, being a good girlfriend means not to fight in front of your boyfriend.” She made a pouting face and looked at me.


“I’m sorry…”

“Kento is not an object you can just fight over, have you guys thought of who he wants to hang out with?”


They both groaned and mumbled. The German shepherd came to me and wagged its tail. It barked a few times. I smiled.


“I think i'm good with Daisuke! Thank you Mr. Takahashi.” Daisuke pointed his ears up and barked at me. Hisoka smiled while Takahashi-san frowned. I walked out the door and called Daisuke. He came trotting over and we went to the back yard. In a few minutes Takahashi-san came out.


“Why didn't you pick me…” She said while making a pouting face.


“Because we already had our time.” She groaned and sat on the bench.


“But you picked the dog… It doesn't understand you.”


“I called him and he followed, so he does understand.”


Takahashi-san started to growl and stomped her foot. “But I like you more!”


“Takahashi-san, you were asking me to pick between my best friend and you. I can't do that, so I just went with someone who is more calm than both of you. Are you jealous because of a dog?”


“No! I am just simply mad at you for picking someone over me!”


“I'm pretty sure that's being jealous” I replied.


“Whatever! I'm still mad!” Then she walked off while mumbling to herself. I turned around to see Hisoka standing a few feet away from me.


“So you guys are officially going out now?” He asked. I groaned and turned back around. He smiled at me.


“No, well not yet…” He looked at me surprised.


“So you do like her.”


“I said we will have to get to know each other more and maybe we could.” I got up and walked away. I called Daisuke and he followed me.


“Would you care for some tea, Kento?” I looked up and it was Mrs. Takahashi.


“No thank you, i'm going home now.” She nodded. I put on my shoes and grabbed my bag. I looked behind me and saw Takahashi-san run towards me. I got up and Takahashi-san stopped.


“Hey, Kento i'll walk you home!” *Sigh*


“No thank you, I know where I live…”


“Aw, cmon let me walk you there!”


“I said ‘No thank you’ so you can go back to your room.” She kept on smiling but then went back to her room. What's wrong with her… I said bye and walked out. I was walking back to my home when I heard running behind me.



© 2017 Akihiko Naoko


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

134 Views
Added on March 3, 2017
Last Updated on March 3, 2017


Author

Akihiko Naoko
Akihiko Naoko

MO



About
I'm a 13 year old who dreams of becoming an author one day. Feel free to suggest books! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 4 Chapter 4

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko