Chapter 8

Chapter 8

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko

Chapter 8


I woke up and got ready for school. “Miyu, do you wanna walk with me?” I yelled.


         “Yes, just wait 5 minutes” she yelled back. I decide to snack on a Pop Tart. After I finished, I threw the trash away and waited by the door. Miyu came out while humming.


          “Don't you think your skirt is too short?” I said. She pulled them down a few centimeters and ran out the door. *Sigh* I followed behind her. As soon as we got to the school, people started asking if me and Kotori are still dating. Miyu tells them all it's just a rumor. Maybe if they believe that, then I won't have to worry about her as much as I do now. I continued to walk towards the lockers. I saw Kotori putting her shoes on and carrying a big box.


I walked towards class and when I got there, I looked over at Kotori’s seat and she wasn't there.


“You looking for Takahashi-san?” someone asked. I nodded. “She went to the roof with your sister” He said and sat back down. I walked out of the room calmly and stood there. She better not touch her. I ran towards the stairs and pushed through the doors. I look around and finally spotted the two.


I ran towards Kotori and pushed her out the way. She screamed in pain. Did I get her hip? Miyu was staring at something else. On the ground was her teddy bear. There was also a note. The handwriting was horrible. I walked to it and read it. My mom was able to stitch it up a bit and get it washed by a professional, You’re Welcome. Kotori Takahashi. April 14, 2008. I couldn’t believe my eyes. Kotori had it the whole time. I looked back at Kotori and she was slightly bleeding. Miyu started to cry. I ran towards her and held her.


“Are you satisfied now?” Kotori said while hanging on the wall. She started to lean forward while walking. All I could do was stare. She didn’t take it because she didn’t like Miyu, but the whole opposite. I looked back at Miyu and she was hugging the teddy bear. She started to sniff it and sigh.


“Mmm. It smells so good!” Miyu said.


“Are you gonna talk to her?” I asked.


“Why would I talk to her, she just gave this back to me so she could finally say goodbye to us” she said while laughing. “Oh and I forgot something, she wants to break up with you, even though she never really went out with you!” Miyu sounded excited. My stomach felt like it was shot. I looked up at Kotori and she looked at me with disgust.


“You should be happy now, I'm out of your life. So now get out of mine.” She left the rooftop and I was left there with Miyu.


“That's true you know! You should get over her. You never wanted her in your life. Didn't you? You were just there for a mission, but she sent you on a chase.”


“Yea, I guess so…” Still, when she said that… I felt pain, and I still do. What does this mean? I ran after her to see a boys arm around Kotori’s waist. I glared and walk past them. How can she already be with another guy? She really got over me that fast? The pain in my stomach got even worse… that means I do like her then. Kento, what are you thinking, you don't like her… you just met her two days ago. Well you knew her since you were about 4. I kept on walking and Hisoka was at the bottom of the stairs.


“Hey, Kent-” I pushed him aside and walked over to my class. What is this feeling? I can't explain it… I sat down on my chair and put my head against the desk. In a couple minutes I fell asleep. I woke up to Sensei talking about a field trip.  


           “Make sure to inform your parents and get them to sign these papers” Tanaki-sensei said as he handed papers down the isles. As soon as I got the paper I looked at the date and the activities. May 17? That's two days after Miyu’s birthday. I looked over to Hisoka to see him jumping in his seat. *Sigh* I looked over at Kotori and she was looking out of the window. I wonder what she is thinking about… She looked at me and I looked away. I looked beside me and there was a girl with white hair and purple eyes. She glared down at me.


“Hello… Do I know you?” She smiled.


“My name is Haruko Furutani. And you are Kento Fukushita. You have a sister in the 9th grade, Miyu Fukushita.” I nodded. Wait, how does she know Miyu?


“Please take your seats! I have important news.” Please no more students… “We will be picking Class reps today! So get a piece of paper and write the names, a boy and a girl.” Everybody got a piece of paper and started to write.*Sigh* I'm not doing this… Everyone put their votes in a box. Tanaki-sensei grabbed a piece of paper. “Haruko Furutani!” Everybody clapped. Furutani-san got up and walked up. I put my head down and prayed. I swear if anyone wrote my- “And, Kento Fukushita!” Great… Everybody clapped, except Kotori. I walked up. “Haruko and Kento are our Class reps for the semester!”


Furutani-san bowed. “Thank you for picking me! And Fukushita-kun I hope we become best friends.” She whispered. “Hopefully more.” What the… Nobody heard that? Tanaki-sensei nodded.


“You two will start working tomorrow.” Furutani-san walked back to her seat. I walked back too. I heard whispering as soon as we sat down. Some were gossiping about how I looked better with Furutani-san. Others questioned what happened to me and Kotori. I laid my head down and tried to block out all of the talking.


It was now the end of the day and I was heading towards the main gate when I felt something snake around my arm. I looked to see Furutani-san holding my arm tightly. I wanted to question her but I decided not to. We continued to walk without saying a word. As soon as we got to the main shopping district, I saw Kotori looking at some jewelry. She looked up and saw me and Furutani-san.


“Kento, are you excited about our date Saturday. It’s gonna be so fun!” Furutani-san said. Why is she so loud? Kotori continued to look. I started walking forwards, but someone pushed me.


“Hey, watch where you’re going!” I said.


“Sorry!” a brown haired boy said while running. I glared. That’s when I realized who he was running after. “Hey Kotori, do you want me to buy something for you?” he asked already handing cash to the register.


“Why are you stopping, let’s go!” Furutani-san said while tugging my arm.


“Sorry...” I said while continuing to walk. After about 7 minutes, we made it through the crowd. We turned a corner and I automatically saw huge houses. Almost as huge as Hisoka’s house. Furutani-san started walking up to a pearl white house. They must’ve hired some good painters.


“This is where I live. Thank you for walking me home” she said.


“No problem” I said while walking off.


“Wait!” she said while running after me. She quickly kissed me on the cheek. Then, she ran off. Did she really just do that? I wiped my cheek and made my way back home. As soon as I got home, I see Miyu on the couch, eating popcorn and holding her teddy. It even had a brand new ribbon.


“Ya know Kento, Kotori is actually nice. I might actually start liking her.” she said while holding her teddy tight. She threw it in the air and caught it. “It smells so good!” I couldn’t help but to think of what happened earlier. Is Kotori that attractive and available? The thing is, I don’t really pay attention to girls unless it's my sister. I walked to my room and thought of everything that happened and fell into a dark sleep.



© 2017 Akihiko Naoko


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

93 Views
Added on March 5, 2017
Last Updated on March 5, 2017


Author

Akihiko Naoko
Akihiko Naoko

MO



About
I'm a 13 year old who dreams of becoming an author one day. Feel free to suggest books! more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko


Chapter 3 Chapter 3

A Chapter by Akihiko Naoko