Chapter 9

Chapter 9

A Chapter by Amy Skye
"

Kit and Co take Cress captive, to take her to Command.

"
Cress

“You see these?” Kit said holding up a pair of high-tech handcuffs. He held up his wrist, and clicked a button on his watch, the cuffs linked up and attached to the watch with incredible speed and force. “They are magnetically geotagged to my watch,” he pushed another button releasing them, “If you try to run, you get far. Get it?” I nodded. The group had come to the decision that two of the four would head back to their headquarters while the other two would escort me to a place they called Command. They all turned away from me to speak amongst themselves, I listened intently. 
“Alright Cage,” Kit began, “You and Owen head back to headquarters, and tell Mayson what we know. Will and I will take her to Sabastian at Command, to get her tested for any trackers, and to remove her code before taking her in HQ.” He looked back over to me, “I’ll see if I can’t get any more information out of her by then.” He said smiling at me. “If you guys come into any trouble,” he shook his watch, “radio back. Just make sure you’re out of Anifa’s range.” Everyone nodded and parted ways, as I was left with both Will and Kit. Will placed the handcuffs on my wrists and threw my pack across his back next to his. My eyes locked on Kit who was examining my dagger, “I’ll hold onto this for you,” he said, reading my gaze. 
We began our journey by foot, heading north, towards the mountains in the distance. My eyes scanning the area around us for any signs of movement as we made our way out of town and onto the overgrown roads ahead. 
“What are you looking for?” Asked Will, who was studying me. I shook my head, my eyes now staring straight ahead. 
“She doesn’t talk much,” joked Kit with a slight laugh. 
“I am looking for Seathers.” I said finally, the guys looked at me confused, 
“Seathers?” Will questioned. “What the hell are Seathers?” I mouth opened to explain but I wasn’t quite sure what to say. 
“As far as I know,” I said, as the guys listened intently, “they were animals that had been tested at the rehab center. Genetically modified and eager to kill. Once they were set free at least.” I second guessed myself, “You guys haven’t ever seen one?” I asked, the guys looked at each other with a shrug.
“No,” Kit answered, “sounds fun.” He poked at Will, who chuckled back.
“It’s not.” I said staring down to the ground in front of me, my wrists already beginning to grow tired of the restraints. The guy’s stiffened, realizing I was not kidding. We continued along in silence for a brief time before night started setting in. The guys agreed that we would need to find a place to hold up for the night. We soon approached a very small overgrown town. The homes beginning to collapse from the weight of the years. We inched further into town trying to find somewhere we could rest safely. When we finally settled on a semi sturdy looking home. We entered through the back into the kitchen, the guys doing a quick survey of the home before settling in the living room. Both Will and Kit immediately sat down on the crumbling, dusty, couch. I could see the exhaustion on their faces as they rested their eyes for a moment, before realizing I was still standing near the door. 
“Cress,” said Kit from the couch, his eyes still closed, “Sit your a*s down. We’ve been walking for hours. I know you’re exhausted too.” But I wasn’t, was the thing. I felt fine, hell, more than fine. Other than a slight thirst in my throat, I felt like I could continue to walk forever. It made me angry that I couldn’t feel what they felt. My mind ached for feeling, any sort of feeling. I walked into the living room finally and sank onto the floor across from the couch, my knees curled to my chest. Suddenly, with a sigh, Will got up and said, 
“I call the bedroom.” As he leisurely walked into one of the rooms, and laid down on an old mattress. Kit did not budge, his eyes still closed. I could hear a faint snore coming from the room Will was in. I decided I would try to my luck at getting out now, while I can. I stood up, trying to be as quiet as possible, and made my way to the back door, but before my hand could reach the knob, the handcuffs on my wrists yanked back and into my chest, almost knocking me over. They tugged, pulling me over and down to Kit’s outstretched arm. I sighed as his tired eyes met mine,
“Really?” he said, I shrugged, trying to pull my hands back, but he kept the cuffs connected to his watch. “Nope,” he said closing his eyes again, “You’re sleeping here tonight.” He said, shifting his body on the couch into a laying position. I sighed, and leaned against the couch falling softly to the floor, my wrists, still harshly connected to his. Resting my head slightly on the couch, I allowed myself to drift into sleep.
.        .                .
I woke suddenly to a loud noise, my head jolted up, Kit quickly covered my mouth with his hand. Will was standing at the front window, peering slightly out of the curtains, gun in hand. He shook four fingers at Kit, who released his hold on my mouth, and disconnected his watch from my cuffs. Quickly grabbing our things, the guys and I walked quietly to the back door, suddenly the glass on the window in the kitchen shattered. A ball of light flew into the house, sending shockwaves through our bodies. I tried to fight it, but the shock was intensified by my handcuffs and I was immediately knocked to the ground. The back door flew open and several guards came barging in pointing their weapons at us. 
We were all picked up and dragged outside onto the overgrown grass. Kit and Will still feeling the effects of the shock, could hardly hold themselves up. The guards shoved us onto our knees and lined us up, they clipped the guys into restraints. One guard came over to me and removed his helmet. With a smile he said, 
“You didn’t get very far, did you Cress?” He laughed. My heart pounded, he didn’t scan my code, how could he know who I was? I questioned in my head; They’ve been tracking me. The guard suddenly reached down and yanked me up by my cuffs. “Did you think we wouldn’t find you and your accomplices?” he hissed at me, “The dumb nurse and her boyfriend, have paid for their betrayal with their lives, and you,” he continued, rage enveloping in my chest, “will spend the entirety of your miserable life, locked away, helping Anifa achieve its goal.” My eyes locked on his, anger and annoyance rushing to the surface. As if in slow motion, I yanked my arms up and out of his grasp, he stumbled back a step. I lifted my leg and Spartan kicked him, sending him back several feet and onto his a*s. The rest of the guards, stiffened and pointed their guns straight to me. One of them charged in my direction, I quickly ducked, and ran straight for him, shoving him hard, knocking him several yards back and into the side of the house. I shot straight for the remaining guards, ignoring completely the weapons targeted at me. I jumped up onto one, knocking him down to the ground, my knee pounded into his chest. His gun pointed straight between my eyes, CRACK, was all I heard as I turned my head to the side, witnessing the bullet soar through the air right next to my head. I quickly smashed my handcuffs into his head, knocking him out. The last guard came up behind me, picking me up and placing me into a chokehold. With one swift motion, I locked my legs with his breaking his shins, he screamed in pain. I threw my elbow into his face, breaking his nose, he flew back and onto the floor. When I finally looked up to Will and Kit, the first guard was holding Kit up by the handcuffs, with a gun pointed at his head. 


© 2020 Amy Skye


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ok, I'll admit my heart was pounding during this chapter. Well done! Lots of twists and action. I hope though that this story isn't all about action.....sometimes that gets tiresome. Lol

Posted 3 Years Ago


Amy Skye

3 Years Ago

Good to know, i do tend to try to keep myself on my toes while writing always saying to myself, what.. read more
Franky

3 Years Ago

Thank you for responding. I do love the story though. You area great writer. I certainly woul.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 15, 2020
Last Updated on July 30, 2020


Author

Amy Skye
Amy Skye

About
Hello, I am Amy.I am a sarcastic soul with a headstrong attitude and a do-gooder complex. I have a soft spot for the dystopian, sci-fi, and post-apocalyptic genres. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Amy Skye


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amy Skye


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amy Skye