Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 10

Chapter 10

A Chapter by Amy Skye
"

Cress must make a quick decision about her future.

"
Cress

My eyes were secured to Kit, who still seemed slightly out of it, from the shock. His eyes, fastened on mine, not sure what I would do. 
“From what I can see,” the guard started, “these guys need you, and I would love to know why. Do you think you can use her?” he questioned at Kit, “Because you can’t. Only Anifa can access everything in her genetic code.” Kit looked confused. “If you come with me now, I can guarantee they won’t die suffering, Cress. If you even care about that.” He shrugged, “But I do promise, the longer you fight, the worse it will get for you, and these radicals.” He shook the cuffs on Kits wrists, my eyes shot to Kit’s watch. “It is in your best interest to go back with me now. Don’t you want to know why Anna was so desperate to get you out?” My jaw clenched. They know. “Your blood work came back, and they know what those defectors did. I know you want answers, and I can give you answers, but you have to come with me.” My defense dropped; my shoulders sank. Kit tried to get up, but the guard shoved the barrel of his gun deeper into the side of his head. My mind was racing, thinking of what to do with my next moment. There is no way that I am ever going back there. I thought to myself.
“Kit,” I said, meeting his eyes, “Sit your a*s down. We’ve been walking for hours. I know you’re exhausted too.” A slight smile on his lips formed, as he understood. He slowly pushed the button on his watch, sending my cuffed wrists straight for the guard. In an instant, before he even had time to pull the trigger, my fists landed, smashing into his face and knocking him out cold. Kit and I fell back, as my handcuffs connected to his, our faces so close I could see the hue of his amber eyes. 
“Smart move,” He said smiling up at me. I smiled back at him for a moment, 
“Um,” Said Will who was sitting next to us, his wrists still restrained, “I don’t know about you, but I would love to get the hell out of here.” Kit nodded and released the connection on our wrists. I got up off of him, and helped him up. 
“Thanks,” he said to me, “I didn’t know what you would do there for a moment.” 
“For a moment,” I replied, “neither did it.” I winked at him. “But now that I saved your asses, maybe we can help each other out.” I shook my handcuffs at him, as he reached down to grab the keys for his and Will’s restraints off the guard. After unlocking both of their cuffs, he walked over to me, grabbing my hands. 
“I think we can work something out,” he clicked the cuffs off, freeing my wrists. “Don’t you, Will?” Will nodded at me with a smile, I nodded back.
As Kit and I began tying up the unconscious guards and taking their weapons. Will went around the home to make sure the coast was clear. I gathered up the remaining weapons as Kit walked over to me, handing me my pack. I took it and nodded. 
“You know,” he said, “you had some pretty sweet moves back there.” He said, gesturing to the passed-out group of guards. I just nodded, “How come you didn’t use any of those moves on us when we took you in?” He asked handing me another canister of water to put in my pack. I reached for it but he held onto it tight, lingering on the question. I shrugged,
“Call it a hunch,” I said, my hand still on the canister, “I knew these guys would take me back, and I’m never going back.” I pulled on the water jug but he still held onto it. 
“I promise, I’ll never let that happen.” He said, and I believed him. He released his grip on the jug, letting it fall into my hand. 
“Hey guys.” Shouted Will from the front of the house. “I think you’re going to like this.” He said. Kit and I looked at each other, and quickly ran to the front of the house. Will, hanging outside the door of a large armored Jeep, slapped its roof. “Who else is sick of walking?” 
“Oh, hell yea!” Kit shouted as he ran for the vehicle, 
“Come on Cress.” Shouted Will, who jumped into the driver’s seat, slamming the door. With a sigh, I followed after, getting into the backseat. We sped off down the road, headed for Command.  


© 2020 Amy Skye


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

How did 3 guards get knocked unconscious? The story doesn't say, except that Cress knocked one out. Did Kit and Will Knock the other two out?

Posted 3 Years Ago


Franky

3 Years Ago

Is this an addition to ch 10? Or a further explanation? I'm sorry I'm so confused
Amy Skye

3 Years Ago

No no i am sorry, I just copied and pasted from the end of chapter 9, she knocked out the two guards.. read more
Franky

3 Years Ago

Oh....sorry I guess I forgot

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 15, 2020
Last Updated on July 30, 2020


Author

Amy Skye
Amy Skye

About
Hello, I am Amy.I am a sarcastic soul with a headstrong attitude and a do-gooder complex. I have a soft spot for the dystopian, sci-fi, and post-apocalyptic genres. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Amy Skye


Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Amy Skye


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by Amy Skye