The Shock of Your Life

The Shock of Your Life

A Chapter by Babyrhinos
"

New villains call for new strategies.

"

Spiderman quickly leaped into the air and webbed a trash can, "Okay Father Nature lets see what you got!" he said as he released the trash can and let it fly into Father Nature.

       Father Nature hit the ground, his eyes turned green and suddenly a nearby tree  turned limp and its branches began to wrap around Spiderman! And a bush of roses were firing their thornes right at Spiderman!

       Spiderman's suit shot out a blade that cut the trunk of the tree. Once he was freed, Spiderman jumped out of the way just in time to see the thornes stick into the trunk. He landed a couple of paces away from Father Nature, "Try this on for size!" He said as he webbed a piece of concrete and pulled it out of the ground. He grunted as he hurled the oversized boulder at Father Nature.

       Father Nature brought up his hands and his eyes glowed. All nearby plants wrapped around him and stopped the boulder, and catapulted them right back. They landed on Spiderman, "Now Spiderman," he said, "as you can see, even with your great strength you still cannot overpower me..." He threw out his hand and all the plants withdrawed with him and grabbed hold of the boulder. He lifted up the boulder but then brought it down on Spiderman harder than ever!

       Spiderman groaned, "Aww come on Father Nature! Why can't you just put on the handcuffs?" Spiderman leaped to his feet and webbed Father Nature's feet, he pulled and tripped him, "Now I got you!" he said.

       Father Nature scowled, "Spiderman you have not seen my maximum power..." his eyes glowed again and all the grass glued to Spiderman, paralyzing him.

       Spiderman shook with all his might but it was no use, "There has to be something..." he thought to himself. He looked at Father Nature and thought, "Okay, this suit is amazing it has to have something that I could use." His suit suddenly shot a web right out of its head! It hit Father Nature's eye, and the grass fell to the ground.

       Father Nature screamed in pain, "SPIDERMAN!" he managed to yell out. Spiderman leaped into the air and webbed Father Nature then tossed him into the ground. Then he quickly webbed up Father Nature then started carrying him up a wall.

       Spiderman looked down at Father Nature who was hanging there struggling to get his hands free so he could get the web out of his eyes. Spiderman tossed Father Nature up into the air then webbed him to the wall, "Okay Father Nature I guess you aren't as tough as you thought, huh?"

       Father Nature frowned and struggled harder.

       Spiderman sighed and shrugged, "Well see ya!" he laughed as he turned around and started swing away.

 

       Roy smiled, "You finally caught him? Awesome! I'm glad that's over..." Roy said as he took a bite out of an apple. He raised an eyebrow, "But you don't look so happy..."

       John nodded, "I'm not...the brother is still coming, and I don't know when..."

       Roy laughed, "No one is going to have a chance now that you have that wicked suit!" Roy took another bite out of the apple, "I know you're scared, but if you think about it, there really isn't anything to be scared about!"

       John squinted, "right... nothing at all, just that some guy is going to come and wipe out all life with Venom at his side, oh what was I all worried about?"

       Roy looked down at the ground, "Look I still think that Venom may just be trying to scare you into discouragement or something... it just doesn't make sense, how could Venom have friends?"

       John half-smiled, "Ha, ha..."

 

       Meanwhile

 

       "They rejected it?" Dr. Shocktra said as he saw the papers, "How could they reject my beautiful suit? They could win any war with this suit!" Dr. Shocktra threw the papers into the trash.

       The butler smiled, "Well now you have the suit all to yourself!"

       Dr. Shocktra ignored the butler's remark, "How could they reject it?" he slammed the table as hard as he could, "There is no flaw! It is perfect..." He took a deep breath, "I guess there is nothing to do..."

       "Do you need some alone time?"

       Dr. Shocktra nodded, "Yes please..." the butler left the room. Dr. Shocktra stood up and started towards his suit, "They just don't understand... if they saw it in action they would most diffidently accept it!" he gasped, "That's it! All I have to do is give them a nice demonstration, then they will accept it!" He picked up the helmet and put it on, "It'll be alright..."

      

       After School

 

       John sighed, "School was even more boring then usual today..."

       Roy nodded, "I have to agree, and it is usually really boring!"

       John looked at the newspaper, "Hey did you here about that conference meeting the W.E.A.P.O.N.S. Institute is having? I think I might go just to see what kind of weapons are coming up, it always raises my spirits cause then I know I'll have some help when bad guys come..."

       Roy shook his head, "I don't think I'll go, but you have fun."

       John sighed, "Figures..." He started putting on his Spiderman costume.

       Roy frowned, "What are you doing?"

       John smiled, "Shortcut!"

 

       A Half an Hour Later

 

       Spiderman swung in and landed on a lampost, "okay where should I change?"

       "HEY LOOK IT'S SPIDERMAN!" a little boy said as he saw him sitting on the lampost, "I wonder if he's here to watch the conference!"

       Spiderman smiled, "Maybe I could stick around for a little while..."

       A man stepped out on the stage and smiled, "I thank you all for coming, we are first going to start off with one of our favorite weapons, the supertank!"

       Spiderman sat back and relaxed, "Nice view too!"

       The man showed a video on the screen of what looked like a tank but had a gun bigger than a house! The tank fired the gun and the laser gun blasted into the air and blew up a big helicopter. Everyone started applauding.

       Suddenly a bolt of lightning struck the screen! The man up on the stage flew off! Then a man flew down from the sky and was covered in sparks and bolts of electricity. He landed on the ground and smiled, "I'm the next weapon... Wouldn't you like to see this out in battle?"

       Spiderman frowned, "I wonder if this was all planned..."

       The man smiled, "The name is Shocko! And this suit is my creation... prepare to see the most amazing weapon your eyes will ever see!" He shot out his hand and shot a lightning strike that went up into the air and made a huge explosion.

       Everyone was in stunned silence.

       Shocko frowned, "Don't mock me... applaud!" everyone slowly started clapping, "Why can't you except that this suit is the greatest weapon of all time?! WHY!?"

       Spiderman sighed and leaped off the lampost, "Well maybe cause you are shooting lightning up into the air and making explosions, and it is a LIVE performance..."

       Shocko showed his frustration, "Don't make me shoot lightning somewhere else..."

       Spiderman shook his head, "I figured you'd say that, oh well!" He leaped into the air and shot a web onto two nearby trees then tossed them at Shocko!

       Shocko was covered by the debree. But suddenly sparks flew up everywhere! Then all the branches and leaves blew back into Spiderman. Shocko got up and screamed, "GO AWAY! I'M NOT DOING ANYTHING WRONG!"

       Spiderman sighed, "Look, you are shooting lightning... that is dangerous, we can't have weapons here, that is what the screen is for."

       Shocko hit the ground and shot electricity through the ground! Spiderman got shocked hard then shot back into a lampost. Shocko smiled, "Spiderman, there is no need to fight, you do your job then I'll do mine...K?"

       Spiderman got up slowly, twitching rapidly, "Okay, and my job is to keep people from getting hurt, so I am doing my job!"

       Shocko frowned, "I was afraid it would come to this! I've always admired you as a hero, but I guess i have no choice!" Shocko threw out his hand and and sent a bolt of lightning! It slammed into the lampost and made a huge explosion! When the smoke cleared, nothing was left but a big black hole in the ground. Shocko sighed, "Well, wasn't that a good demonstration?"

      

       At Roy's Apartment

 

       "It looks as though it is the end of our hero..." the radio man said.

       Roy got teary eyed, "No..." he covered his face.

       Roy's apartment door opened and there stood John, "Hey..." he managed to blurt out.

       Roy jumped, "JOHN?!" he ran over and hugged him, "What happened back there? The radio man said that you were blown into pieces!"

       John smiled, "This suit here saved my life, when I was out cold it took control and shot a web that pulled me out of the way just in time..."

       Roy sighed and fell back on the bed, "What a lifesaver..." he looked up at John, "I would never get in that guy's way again..."

       John shook his head, "I have to... he is loose and he will do anything to make W.E.A.P.O.N.S. accept his suit... if I don't stop him he might hurt someone..."

       Roy looked at the ground, "Then I'm coming with you..."

       John laughed, "What could a guy like you do?" John stopped himself, "Wait... that came out wrong..."

       Roy nodded, "I understand... but I know I can help, I am a nerd remember? So I may be able to come up with some scientific way to send that guy back to his lab!"

       John smiled, "Okay..."

 

       At the W.E.A.P.O.N.S. Institute Conference

 

       "LOOK WHAT I JUST DID! I just defeated Spiderman!" Shocko said in an angry tone.

       One of the men from the conference yelled out, "AND HOW IS THAT A GOOD THING? HE'S A HERO!"

       Shocko frowned, "I COULD BE MORE OF A HERO THAN HE COULD EVER BE!"

       The man took a walkie talkie and said, "NOW!"

       Suddenly a helicopter came out from behind a building and starting shooting missiles at Shocko! He turned towards the helicopters and shot a bolt of lightning that cut threw all the missiles and blew up the helicopter!

       Spiderman swung in just in time to see that he was too late, "Lives have been lost..." he frowned and looked at Shocko and felt the anger boiling in his heart, yearning for revenge! He formed his hand into a fist and jumped into the air and hit Shocko so hard that his helmet flew off into what was left of the stage.

       Shocko frowned, "SPIDERMAN?! That is impossible!" He threw out his hand and sent another lightning bolt, but Spiderman jumped out of harm's way and webbed Shocko's hand then tossed him into a lampost.

       Right then Roy ran up, "John- I mean Spiderman! I have an idea!"

       Spiderman frowned, "What?"

       Roy smiled, "WATER CONDUCTS ELECTRICITY! If you get him wet then there won't be any need for fighting!"

       Spiderman nodded and looked around for a source of water, but then a bolt of lightning hit him and sent him into the stage! He twitched and got up, "I'm so tired of that!" He jumped up and webbed Shocko's gloves then pulled them off.

       Shocko smiled, "Oh no, whatever shall I do? Now I can't shoot lightning..." he reached down and pulled a big stick out of his pocket and it was flowing with electricity, "See, this suit has more than one weapon!" He charged at Spiderman and started swinging the large stick at him.

       Spiderman dodged a couple of blows but wasn't ready for a strike that sent him up into the air! He felt the electricity flowing through his body... He hit the ground hard and got up just in time to be hit with another blow, which sent him into a nearby car.

       Spiderman jumped to his feet and looked at Roy, "What now?"

       Roy sighed and looked around, "THERE!" he pointed to a nearby hydrant, "WHY DON'T YOU USE THAT?!"

       Spiderman nodded, "Good idea..." He jumped over by the water hydrant and webbed the front part of the hydrant.

       Shocko took his large stick and was just about to hit Spiderman, but Spiderman quickly pulled the web and sent the water flying into Shocko, short-circuiting the suit...

       Shocko hit the ground, unconscious...

       Roy smiled, "Good job!"

       Spiderman gave him a thumbs up, "Thanks for the help!"

       Everyone cheered, "GO SPIDERMAN! YOU ROCK!"

       Spiderman bowed and turned to leave but then he remembered Shocko, "Great... what do I do with this suit?" He looked at it carefully and then decided the most safe place to put it would be in his room. But first he webbed up Shocko and left him there for the cops. He picked up the suit and started home.

       Roy sighed, "And he doesn't even give me a ride..."

 

       At the Apartment

 

       "Thanks for the ride..." Roy said in a sarcastic tone. Roy flopped on the bed, "So where'd you put Shocko's suit?" he asked.

       John pointed to the closet, "It is the safest place. And he won't be able to get to it even if he does break out of jail. Doesn't that make a lot more sense than to just throw it away or something?"

       Roy smiled, "Yeah, I guess it does."

       John grinned, "Oh, and thanks for everything today..."

       Roy laughed, "Just for today?"

       John nodded and laughed, "Okay, okay! Thanks for everything you've done for me..."

       Roy put his hands behind his head, "That's better..."

       John smiled and set his suit to the side, "Good night awesome friend!" he turned off the light, "and awesome suit..." he said under his breath.

 

       Meanwhile

 

       "Where is our brother?" Venom said. He looked around and frowned, "Well we're not going to get anywhere sitting up here!" Venom jumped off the building and slammed into the ground, "We need a night off, why don't we just enjoy ourselves to a nice night in the city..." Venom grabbed a nearby man and fed on him, "Well atleast we didn't know him..." he said to himself.

       Venom jumped, "THE METEOR! WE FORGOT! He must be there!" Venom started down the road towards Central Park, "There it is!" he said as he saw Central Park in the distance, "HERE WE GO!" he said as he jumped into the air and started swinging.

       When he reached the meteor's crater he jumped onto the meteor, "He was here, we can sense it..." Venom got angry and picked up the meteor, "WHY DIDN'T HE WAIT FOR US?!" He said as he hit the meteor as hard as he could, "What if Spiderman found him!?" He frowned, "Next time Spiderman shows up, we'll have to make sure that he doesn't know anything we don't..."

 

       The End...?



© 2009 Babyrhinos


Author's Note

Babyrhinos
Tell me what you think...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on July 13, 2009


Author

Babyrhinos
Babyrhinos

Oceano, CA



About
I love writing stories. I started when I was in 3rd grade. I wrote a little comedy series, but soon I came up with new ideas and began writing them on a site called chapteread.com (it was great) but t.. more..

Writing
Broken Hearts Broken Hearts

A Chapter by Babyrhinos