Moonstar

Moonstar

A Chapter by Babyrhinos
"

Spiderman fights the crimelord who was behind the Insidious six.

"

Roy yawned, "Oh what a night.... being a superhero really takes it out of you..." he sighed, "You know, I'm gonna take a break today."

       John smiled, "Okay cool. Sometimes I wish that I could take a day off. Looks like I'll never be able to live a normal life." he said with a sigh.

       Roy turned on the radio, "I'll make sure of that."

       The normal radio guy came on in an excited tone, "OH IF YOU COULD ONLY SEE WHAT I'M SEEING RIGHT NOW! Venom, the alien monster that disappeared years ago, has returned and is searching for Spiderman! He's in Manhattan, and boy is he desperate! He's tossing cars everywhere! Someone might get hurt! Spiderman, if you are listening to this, please get over here fast!" Roy looked at John with a concerned look on his face.

        John shut off the radio, "I'm going. He almost killed me before, but I have more experience now. He can't win this fight..." John threw off his shirt to reveal his Spiderman outfit, he threw on his mask and said, "Now, listen to the radio so you know if I need backup."

        Roy nodded, "Yes sir."

        Spiderman smiled and jumped out the window.

 

Meanwhile at Christy's house...

 

         Christy closed her suitcase, "I need to... but I can't!" she collapsed on her bed and sobbed, "I can't leave John, he's the one guy in the world I love. But I need to find her..." Christy turned on the TV, trying to get her mind off things...

         She saw Venom on a rampage, and then she saw Spiderman land on the side of a building next to him. She gasped, "I have to help him!" she put on her White Cat costume and leaped out the window.

 

Back with Spiderman

 

         "Come on Venom! I'm the one you want! Just come and get me!" Spiderman said with a slight chuckle.

         Venom frowned and shot out a tentacle that hit Spiderman into a building nearby, "SPIDERMAN! I don't have time for your silly games! NOW FOLLOW ME!" Venom jumped onto a building and climbed it up in a flash, then he leaped to the next building and ran some more.

         Spiderman groaned as he leaped off the building he had been rudely smashed into and started swinging after Venom, "What's he up to?" he wondered. Spiderman decided he was finished chasing Venom, so he web zipped in front of Venom and stopped him with his hand, "NO MORE WILD GOOSE CHASES! What do you want?!" Spiderman yelled.

         Venom grabbed Spiderman's head and threw him to the ground, "LOOK! A crime lord is after us, a big crime lord, one that is so powerful that even we fear him. We need your help to take him down!"

         Spiderman started to laugh, "YOU WANT MY HELP?!? YOU WANT ME TO SAVE YOU FROM A CRIME LORD?!? HAHAHAHA!" Spiderman couldn't breathe he was laughing so hard.

         Venom swelled up with anger and pounded Spiderman's head with his tentacle, "NO MORE GAMES!!!!!!" he yelled angrily, "WE COULD RIP YOU IN HALF RIGHT NOW! BUT WE NEED YOUR HELP! So you only help those you want?! FORGET IT!" Venom grabbed Spiderman and threw him at a nearby wall, "WE DON'T NEED YOU ANYWAY!" Venom started to run away.

         Spiderman webbed Venom before he could get away, "I didn't say I wouldn't help. I'm just a little surprised that one as mighty as yourself would ask little ol' me for help."

         Venom frowned, "Whatever... the crime lord's name is Moonstar. He is a powerful being with a power to control dark energy."

         Spiderman sat on the wall, "Interesting... what gang does he lead?"

         Venom's laugh was deep but mirthless, "He controls all the gangs... if he wasn't alive, all the gangs would kill each other, and the city. But Moonstar wants to keep the city in one piece, that way he'll never run out of money. No one ever rebels against him, because they know what will happen to them if they do."

         Spiderman's face got more and more concerned, "But why is he after you?"

         Venom looked away, "We wanted to work "WITH" him on one project, to destroy you. But when it got out of hand, we called him and said we would not work with him anymore. He was furious... now he's after us, a couple of gang members have tried to sneak up on me before. Hung them with my tentacles..."

         Spiderman shook it off, "But anyway... I think I'll help you... just for my reputation of course."

         Suddenly, White Cat came out of nowhere and kicked Venom into the wall, "GET AWAY FROM SPIDERMAN!" she yelled as she kicked him deeper into the concrete, then she threw him into the ground and pounded on him.

         Venom threw her backwards into a wall, he stood up and screamed, "STAY OUT OF THIS!"

         Spiderman jumped between the two, "There is a misunderstanding guys. White Cat, Venom and I are going to work together to take down a crime lord."

         White Cat's mouth dropped open, "WHAT?!"

         Spiderman rolled his eyes, "I'll explain later." he grabbed her arm, "Don't worry about it..."

         They stared into each other's eyes for a couple of seconds, finally White Cat broke the silence, "Okay. See you later..." she started to walk away.

         Spiderman remembered that Venom was still in the area, he spun around to see Venom roll his eyes, "Seriously, talk about mushy mush. Anyway, meet me in Central Park in two hours. Then we'll go and see Moonstar... and have a little talk..." Venom turned around and leaped off the building.

          Spiderman nodded then jumped off the building and swung towards home.

 

When Christy got home

 

          Christy fell on her bed, "I can't leave! I LOVE JOHN SO MUCH!" An evil thought suddenly entered her mind, "What if you are really in love with Spiderman?" she pushed away that idea, "I know I love Spiderman, he's the one I liked in the first place, it's just good to know he has a heart..." she assured herself.

          Christy put her hands over her face, "But what am I going to do?!" she looked over at the picture of her mother, "Mother... I know you're out there somewhere... and I just have to find you! BUT HOW CAN I LEAVE JOHN?!" she started to cry.

 

Meanwhile

 

          "YOU WHAT?!!" Roy yelled when John told him the news, "You aren't seriously going to trust Venom, the guy who killed your father, are you?"

          John looked at the ground, "If my dad taught me anything, he taught me that grudges can't be held. And he once told me, 'You must keep your allies close, but always keep your enemies closer...' He never told me where that came from."

          Roy shook his head, "Still. Sounds like trouble, I'm coming with you. And don't try to talk me out of it! MY MIND IS MADE UP!!"

          John laughed, "I wouldn't dream of it!" John pointed at the clock, "We've got an hour and a half left, so I suggest we go and see Christy!"

          Roy gave John a gentle punch in the shoulder, "Of course, that's the first place to go!"

          John shrugged, "Why not? Maybe she could help us with Moonstar."

          Roy nodded, "True..."

 

Once they reached Christy's home

 

         John knocked on the door, hiding the flowers behind his back. Christy's father opened the door, "Oh... hello John, and Roy. Christy is not here."

         John smiled, "Where is she?"

         Michael rubbed his neck, "She's at the airport..."

         John jumped, "AIRPORT?!"

         Christy's father motioned for them to come in. John and Roy entered the living room and sat down. Christy's father cleared his throat, "Please... you have to understand. Her mother disappeared when she was only eight years old. She has always wanted to go and search for her. I promised her when she was older she could go and search, as I have. She planned on going a month ago, then she met you, John. She stayed for a while, but was still determined to go at some point. Finally, she made up her mind that she would leave today." Michael scratched his chin, "I'm not sure when she will get back..."

         John leaped from his chair, "She didn't even say goodbye?!" he ran out the door.

         Roy got up from his chair, "Thank you Mr. Morbius." Roy ran out the door, "Now where did he run off to?" he thought, "THE AIRPORT!" he said under his breath. His suit came over him and he started flying towards the airport.

 

At the airport

 

          Christy started for the private plane, "I didn't even say goodbye..." she thought. But she kept walking, "I have to do this..."

          John landed on the side of a building, "Christy!" he yelled once he touched the ground, "YOU CAN'T LEAVE!" he started running towards her.

          Christy gasped and started running towards the plane, "I can't talk to him, it'll make things harder!" she thought. She looked over her shoulder and saw his sad face and stopped, "OH JOHN!" she yelled as he embraced her, "I'm sorry John but I have to go..."

          John shook his head, "NO! You can't go! NOT WITHOUT ME!"

          Christy looked at the ground, "No... you belong here in New York..."

          John looked at the floor, "But... you can't go..."

          Christy grabbed John and gave him a big kiss, she drew back and whispered, "I love you... more than you'll ever know..."

          John stood there in a daze, watching her get on the plane, and watching it speed down the runway. John shook his head, "NO! YOU CAN'T GO!" he charged towards the plane, "NO!!!" he shot a web towards the end of the plane, but missed, "NO NO NO!" he shot another, another miss. He shot rapidly but missed repeatedly. He leaped as far as he could and came close to grabbing onto the plane, but fell and hit the ground, "No..." he said with a sigh.

          Suddenly, Ray landed beside him, "Need a lift?"

          John nodded, "THAT'D BE NICE!"

          Ray picked up John and flew towards the plane, "Wow you are heavier than I thought you'd be..." he said with a grunt.

          Ray got close to the plane, "JUMP!" he commanded.

          John leaped off of Ray and landed on the back of the plane, "CHRISTY!" he yelled. He climbed to the window and looked in to see Christy crying. She spotted him and opened the window.

          Christy wiped away the tears, "GET OFF THE PLANE!" she yelled.

          John tried to kiss her but the wind was blowing him off, "I love you Christy! I ALWAYS WILL! You know my phone number! DON'T FORGET TO-" the wind blew him off the plane, "CALL!!!!!!" he yelled as he fell down towards the airport. Ray came under him and caught him just in the nick of time.

          Once they landed, John started to steam, "This was the wrong day for Moonstar to pick a fight with me..."

          "I'm sorry, John..." Ray said quietly, "It's not your fault..."

          John shook his head, "It is... if I had just been there for her, then I would've known about this whole thing!" John took a deep breath.

          Ray looked at the ground, "Come on. We need to be in Central Park in five minutes.

 

Once they reached Central Park

 

          Spiderman landed on a lampost, "Hmm... Venom? You here?" Suddenly his Spider sense went off, "WHOA!" he yelled as he jumped out of the way of Venom's tentacle, "Whatcha doin buddy? I thought we were going to work together!"

          Venom frowned, "WE WERE TRYING TO SHUT YOU UP! Moonstar's goons are all over this area! If they found out what we're up to..."

          Spiderman nodded, "I can imagine..."

          Ray flew next to Venom, "Me too..."

          Venom grabbed hold of Ray, "What's this pipsqueak doing here?"

          Ray shot an energy wave through his suit causing Venom to fly back into the ground, "Don't touch me." Ray said with a slight grin.

          I shot Ray a death glare then looked down at Venom, "Ray wanted to give us a hand." I said as casually as I could. Venom just grunted. I sighed, "Well, what do we do?"
          Venom leaped to his feet, "You are going to follow us!!" he said with such an angry face that it made me chuckle softly.

          I nodded, "Whatever you say. Lead the way."
          "WE WILL!" Venom snarled. He started to swing down the road. I shot a web and swung after him. Ray started to fly after us.

 

          After a lot of running and swinging we finally ended up in a black alley. Venom pushed one of the bricks, which turned out to be a secret "door knob". We walked in and started down the hallway.

          Venom finally spoke up, "He has security cameras up ahead, so how do we get past them?"

          Ray smiled and started charging up a beam of energy, "I know how to blow 'em up..."

          Spiderman smacked Ray in the back of the head, "That'll cause a loud explosion, then they will know we're here!" Spiderman pushed Ray aside.

          Ray started to think, "What to do... what to do..." Ray suddenly remembered something. He smacked his forehead, "Stupid, stupid, stupid..."

          Spiderman smiled, "What?"
          Ray gave a sly smile, "Watch..." Ray suddenly disappeared.

          Spiderman looked around, "Ray??"

          Ray suddenly appeared behind Spiderman, "Cool, eh?"

          Spiderman jumped back in surprise, "HOW'D YOU DO THAT?"

          "A couple of days ago I tried to develop another function for my suit, and I realized that I could make this suit go into a stealth mode."

          Spiderman raised his eyebrows, "Very creative, Ray."

          Ray chuckled, "Yeah a lot better than you could ever come up with."

          Spiderman frowned, "What's that supposed to mean?"

          Venom grabbed them both, "COULD YOU HURRY IT UP!? Can, or can't you turn all of us invisible."

          Ray hit Venom's arm away, "Don't touch me. And yeah, I probably could." Ray started to concentrate, and suddenly they all felt an energy go through them, "We are now invisible."

          Spiderman raised an eyebrow, "How did you make it do that?"

          Ray rolled his eyes, "Isn't it obvious? I made an energy field around my suit, so anything that is in about a five foot radius is invisible."

          Spiderman nodded, "So we have to stay pretty close together..."

          Ray nodded, "Yeah. For once you actually get it."

          Spiderman rolled his eyes as he walked.

          They suddenly came to an electric door. Ray put out his hands, but since neither Spiderman or Venom could see him they ran right into his arms, "STOP!" Ray whispered sharply, "This door will open when we step on that panel." Roy pointed to a mat in front of us, "We have to wait til someone comes out."

          It was a while before someone exited, but they were not quick enough to get through. The doors opened and closed in a matter of two seconds.

          Finally, another walked through the door. They lunged through the door and hit the ground. Ray groaned quietly, "My suit can't stay on stealth mode much longer."

          He was right, too. The second he said it, we were visible again, "Oh cheesecake." Spiderman hastily muttered under his breathe.

          There he was, Moonstar, sitting with a white robe covering his body. His face was a silhouette, all you could see was his dark red eyes.

          All three of them stood up. Spiderman knew all of them were secretly trembling. Spiderman decided to speak up, "Moonstar, we're taking you down!"

          Moonstar laughed, and as he did so shook the whole room, "I think I'll bring you down instead..." Moonstar put out his hand and shot a large dark blast which slammed into Spiderman and sent him through a wall behind him, "Who's next?"

          Venom pushed Ray forward, "HIM!"

          Ray spit at Moonstar's foot, "Bring it on."

          Moonstar suddenly descended through the ground and came up behind Ray, grabbed him then threw him into a storage rack which immediately falled on him.

          Venom gasped, "I'm doomed..." he started to turn around, but Moonstar grabbed onto him.

          Suddenly, web flew through the air and slammed into Moonstar's head, blocking his sight. Spiderman came back through the hole in the wall, "HEY MOONSTAR!" he yelled as he webbed the top of the wall and swung towards Moonstar, "YOU MESSED WITH ME ON THE WRONG DAY!!!" he slammed Moonstar into the ground.

          Right then the storage rack lifted, revealing Ray holding it, "WHAT HE SAID!" Ray yelled as he tossed the storage rack into Moonstar.

          Venom laughed, "For once... good job."

          Spiderman and Ray winked at each other.

          Suddenly the storage rack exploded. Moonstar stood up and started to charge up a beam, "YOU WANT A PIECE OF ME?!?" he yelled as he fired the large beam.

          Spiderman jumped out of the way. But Venom was too slow, the beam hit him and slowly started to dissolve the symbiote, "NO!!!!!!!!!" Venom yelled as the symbiote was completely off of him.

          Ray shot a beam which slammed Moonstar into the wall.

          Spiderman looked at Eddie who was laying on the ground, "THE SYMBIOTE!!!! IT'S GONE!! NO!!!" Eddie screamed as he pounded the ground.

          Moonstar arose and started to charge up another beam. Spiderman's eyes got wide as Moonstar aimed it at him. Moonstar fired. Spiderman jumped onto the roof, barely dodging it. Ray shot another blast that slammed into Moonstar.

          Moonstar sighed, "I'm not strong enough..."

          Spiderman smiled, "Now you get it!"

          Moonstar pressed a button on his desk, the skylight opened, revealing the full moon. Moonstar put out his arms and laughed, "Now you are doomed!"

          Spiderman suddenly understood, "He gets his powers from the moon!"

           Ray moaned, "Aww man... so that was his minimal power?!"

           Spiderman nodded, "Let's take him down whatever the case." Spiderman shot a web onto the top of the ceiling and swung at Moonstar, readying a kick.

           Moonstar stepped aside and let Spiderman pass, then he grabbed onto Spiderman's shoulder and threw him into the ground then started to charge up a beam.

           Spiderman rolled out of the way. He faced Moonstar who was still charging the beam, "Don't want to get too close..." Spiderman thought as he backed up.

           Spiderman started to shoot web nets everywhere, made cob webs everywhere, and finally jumped onto the ceiling, "COME AND GET ME!"

           Moonstar fired the darkblast which Spiderman dodged directly, but the explosion sent him into one of his own cobwebs. Moonstar laughed, "Prepare to die Spiderman!" Moonstar descended into the ground and came out of the wall that the cobweb was connected to. Moonstar grabbed onto Spiderman and started to suck the life out of him.

           Ray lunged at Moonstar and knocked him off the wall, "If you like the moon so much, then you must have some negative reaction to the sun, correct?"

           Moonstar smiled, "Correct. But we have another seven hours til the sun comes up, and all I have to do then is close the skylight. Don't worry though, you won't live that long..." Moonstar shot a blast that slammed Ray through the wall.

           Spiderman smiled as he broke his cobweb, "Come on dude. If you can take down Venom you should be able to take down us!"

           Moonstar frowned, "I CAN AND WILL!"

           Suddenly a blast came through the hole in the wall and slammed Moonstar into the ground. Moonstar groaned as he slowly descended through the ground.

           Ray appeared through the hole, "Where is he?!?" he yelled in anger. Moonstar came up from behind Ray and kicked him out of the hole, and onto one of the cobwebs.

           Spiderman smacked his head, "Wow. I thought I could use this to take down Moonstar. Not have him take us down!" he thought.

           Spiderman webbed the cobweb that was holding Ray and pulled it away.

           Ray charged towards Moonstar's desk, "LET'S SEE HOW YOU DO WITH A CLOSED SKYLIGHT!"

           Moonstar charged at Ray, "NO!"

           Ray hit the button on the desk then destroyed it. Ray turned around to be tackled by Moonstar.

           As the skylight closed, Spiderman webbed onto Moonstar and pulled him off of Ray, "Come on Moonstar! Admire the ground!" he yelled as he threw Moonstar into the ground.

           Moonstar groaned as he grabbed onto Spiderman and tossed him into the wall, "I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR YOUR GAMES!" he yelled as he blasted the skylight to bits, "THERE IS NO ESCAPING NOW!!!"

           Ray smiled as he went up into the air and started to make a huge energy ball, "DOESN'T THIS LOOK LIKE THE SUN?!"

           Moonstar shielded his eyes, "It's unpleasant, but not good enough!" he yelled as he tried to aim his blast at Ray, but couldn't for he could not see.

           Ray then fired the energy ball into Moonstar, sending him into the ground, "Take that, Moonstar!"

           Moonstar laid there, trying to get up, but couldn't.

           Spiderman shot webs on Moonstar, but to no evail. Moonstar just  descended into the ground, "I WILL HAVE MY REVENGE!" Moonstar's voice said.

           Spiderman took a deep breathe then fell onto the ground, "Ugh... let's go home..."

           Ray collapsed on the ground in front of Spiderman, "Deal..."

           Spiderman webbed onto Ray and started to climb out the skylight.

           But then Spiderman remembered something, "EDDIE!" he thought. He turned around to see that Eddie had vanished.

 

           When they reached home, they were both exhausted. Spiderman pulled off his mask and through off his suit, "I'm going to bed."

            Ray nodded, "Me too." Ray quietly mumbled as his suit went under him.

            Roy laid in his bed, "Goodnight Spiderman..." Roy said as he fell asleep.

            John looked up at the ceiling as he laid in his bed, "goodnight ...Christy-I mean, Roy... Christy..."

 

Meanwhile

 

            Eddie laid on the ground of his apartment, rocking back and forth, "The symbiote... gone... Spiderman.... not... must... have... REVENGE!!!!!!!! I WILL GET YOU SPIDERMAN!" he yelled as he grabbed onto his desk and slammed it into the ground. He started to calm down, "Oh... symbiote!!!! Venom... ugh..." Eddie collapsed on the ground and fell asleep.

 

The End...?



© 2009 Babyrhinos


Author's Note

Babyrhinos
WHAT DO YOU THINK?!?!?!?!?! It's the end!!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on July 13, 2009


Author

Babyrhinos
Babyrhinos

Oceano, CA



About
I love writing stories. I started when I was in 3rd grade. I wrote a little comedy series, but soon I came up with new ideas and began writing them on a site called chapteread.com (it was great) but t.. more..

Writing
Broken Hearts Broken Hearts

A Chapter by Babyrhinos