Chapter 13: Reunion

Chapter 13: Reunion

A Chapter by Emunah June.

Night rolled in fairly quickly.

 

My doctor (Dr. Arakawa) came in to take some of my blood and check on my vitals. She says that I need more hospital time. I sigh sadly.

 

Guess I'll just have to be stuck here a bit longer.

 

Brother begins packing up his things while Koda sits on the chair, looking like she'll burst at any moment. I slide to the far end of my bed. If she spews, I don't want it all over me. "Well, thats the last of it," Brother says outloud, then turns to me and smiles. "Don't worry Alphonse. You'll get better soon. Trust me."

 

I want to Brother.

I really want to.

 

Koda taps her foot impatiently on the floor. "Edward, can we please go? I really don't feel well," she bugs. Brother sighs, then nods. "Yes dear. We're leaving," he says in a joking tone. Koda starts to laugh, but then covers her mouth and decides it's not a good idea. Brother walks over and leans against my bedside. "Everything's going to be okay. I promise," he says, and with that he gives me a loving touch on the shoulder. He glances over at Koda, who looks like she's positively miserable. He looks back at me. "I'd better hit the road. See you tomorrow, sport," he says, talking to me like I'm his son. He grabs Koda's hand and together the two walk out the room.

 

I sigh and lay my head on the pillow below me. Well, what was I supposed to do now? I had no one to talk to! I flip over on my side and cover myself up with the blankets.

 

Then it hits me.

 

I suddenly sit up and grab the phone next to my bed.

 

Ayumi, I think, I want to talk to Ayumi.

 

I grab the paper Kaen had written his number on and begin to dial.

 

555-6723.

 

I put the phone to my ear, and my brain is buzzed by the sound of ringing on the other line. My heart races.

 

I don't want to be alone. Please pick up.

 

"Hello?"

 

It's Kaen.

 

"Mr. Shu--Kaen! It's me, Alphonse. How are ya?"

 

Kaen gives a nervous laugh on the other end. "I'm doing pretty well. And you?" he asks. I twirl the phone cord with my fingers. "Um, I'm doing okay. I was, uh, wondering if Ayumi was there?"

 

"What if she is?" Kaen is joking, at least I hope he is.

"May I speak with her?"

"Oh God, did she do something to you?"

"No! No of course not. I just wanted to say hello."

"Oh...I think she's here. Hang on."

 

I hear sounds of the phone being muffled, then Kaen shouting Ayumi's name. It goes silent for a minute, then Kaen picks the phone back up.

 

"She's sleeping."

 

My heart sinks. "Oh...that's cool. I was just hoping I'd have someone to talk to. It gets kinda lonely in a hospital room by yourself..."

 

I trail off, and Kaen speaks again. "Well, Ayumi wants to come and visit you, so we'll be there tomorrow. I hope that's okay with you?" he asks. I smile. "Oh yeah, thats totally fine. Company is always great when you're not feeling your best."

 

He hangs up.

And I cry.

 

I feel so alone I cant stand it. I bury my face into my pillow and I cry.

 

 



© 2011 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
For those of you who don't know why the doctor is named Dr. Arakawa, here's why: the creator of Fullmetal Alchemist was Hiromu Arakawa, so I keep using her name. After all, she deserves to be in there. I think in Reverse 3 the doctor was named Dr. Hiromu...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Awe, this makes me feel bad. I hate to see little Al cry. I know how that feels though. I feel like that a lot. I feel alone because no one is normally home during the day. Then I talk to people on writerscafe or write and then I have my characters to make me feel better. O.o...anyways I still feel bad for him. I wish I could hug him. Can't wait to rad on. Thanks for sharing. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aww I feel bad for poor Al

I just love the relationship between Ed and Al...They really do care for eachother, I do feel bad for Koda though, hope she feels better

Al just needs to turn on the tv or put some smooth talking on one of the nurses, until Ayumi gets there

Posted 12 Years Ago


Aaww I wanna visit him!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
I would visit you, Al, but sadly I have no idea how to get there. ^^" I would get pretty lonely too, but I would have my imagination(and food) to keep me company. ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago


awwww Al!
id get very annoyed if my sibling was talking to me like i was a child
:P

Posted 12 Years Ago


Poor Alphonse! I love how hes finally missing her, even though she the reason hes in there.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

493 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 11, 2011
Last Updated on May 11, 2011

Out Came Love


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prolouge Prolouge

A Chapter by Emunah June.