Chapter 30: The Day After

Chapter 30: The Day After

A Chapter by Emunah June.

I spent the rest of my night sitting at home, laying on my bed staring up at the ceiling like an idiot.

 

I can't believe what happened...

 

I didn't understand how it was even possible. Koda was a healthnut. She always had been. What caused her to lose the baby?

 

Maybe God said it wasn't time for a baby yet. Perhaps it's her punishment for being sexually active before marriage. Then again...Brother was the one who brought it on her...

 

I remembered the day clearly. Brother and I had been living together. I remember lounging on the couch when Brother came home that night, his hair a mess and eyes wide with worry. "I think I...I think I..." he had stuttered before he explained the whole situation. I remember asking him to spare me details, but he didn't really do me the honor.

 

At the time, I was jealous. I cringed everytime he breathed her name, every time the words "sleep" and "love" came up.

 

I turned over on my side. Why was I thinking about this anyways?! It's not like it mattered to me anyways. There was no baby, and for while, there wouldn't be.

 

It was dead.

 

I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

 

It's dead.

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

Ding dong.

 

Someone was ringing my doorbell. My bones were heavy, and my heart was in no mood for company. But being rude was out of the question, so I slowly arose and made my way over to the door.

 

"Alphonse? Are we still on for breakfast?"

 

It's Ayumi, and her eyes are piercing right into me. I shake my head to wake up, then try hard to smile. "Yeah sure. C'mon on, I throw something in the oven."

 

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

 

 

The smell of cinnamon buns and coffee soon filled the house. It's a much needed change.

 

Ayumi sits at the dining room table while I spread the icing on our buns. "You cook often?" she asks, and I turn around and shrug. "Well I live on my own, so I have my fair share of cooking," I say, and she laughs. I smile. Her laugh sure was cute.

 

Heck, Ayumi was just cute.

 

It's quiet when I sit down with our food. Ayumi stares into her coffee, the steam lines mking her rub her eye every now and then. "Whatsa matter? Is it not good?" I ask, wondering if in all my thought that I messed up the food. She looks up at me and shakes her head. "Oh no it's not that, I just...I feel so bad for Koda. I mean...she was so looking forward to being a mother..."

 

I feel a lump rise in my throat, so I stuff it down with a throatful of coffee. "Koda is..uh...she's a tough girl. She'll make it through this. She's made it through worse," I say, but immedietly feel bad when the comment squeezes itself between my lips. Ayumi starres awkwardly before taking a bite of her bun.

 

I sigh as I eat part of my own. What was Koda like this morning? A mess I'm sure. She had looked as if all sanity had escaped her. She'd been screaming things so loudly that my ears were still ringing. Those once perfect lips which I had pined for so badly had become tainted with swears and promises to kill herself. All that and so much more. But what about Brother? How was he handling all this? Not too well Im sure...but he'd get over it faster. Besides, this baby was unplanned, and he had even briefly discussed breaking it off with her when he found out she was pregnant. "I can't be a father, I have too much work to do!" he had said. Of course, without much pushing he decided against it. After all, he loved her.

 

Love...

 

"Alphonse?"

 

Ayumi's voice pulls me back into reality. I look up from my daydreaming and answer with a "Hmm?". She's blushing and fiddling with her coffee cup. I stare in confusion. Had I said something wrong? "Everything okay?" I ask, and she responds by giving a loud, exagerated cough. "Alphonse, I..." she began. I sit up, and for some reason I feel my heart begin to race.

 

"I...uh...well...um..."

"Yes? Ayumi, are you feeling okay?"

"Um...you see, Alphonse..."

"Y-Yes?"

"I think I lo--"

 

Before she could finish her sentence, her cell phone rang. I knew it was Kaen before she even picked up.

 

"Hello?...oh, hi Kaen....yeah....yeah....okay...I'll get it done...love you...what?....oh yeah no it's fine...okay bye."

 

I sigh. "What'd he want?" I ask. Ayumi shakes her head. "I have chores to go do."

 

She stands up, wipes her mouth with the napkin and puts her empty cup in the sink. "Thanks for the breakfast...see you later!" she said as she walked out the front door.

 

All I do is sit there, my heart pounding in my chest.

And I didn't even know why.

 

 



© 2011 Emunah June.


Author's Note

Emunah June.
OH SO CLOSE!!! XD

Ironically, I put my playlist on random and the entire time I was writing this, the song "Are You Gonna Be My Girl?" by Jet kept playing XD

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Aw Kaen! Why'd u have to ruin it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Next chapter NAO. :O

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Rae
YES!! SO CLOSE!!! T^T Kaen... B( By the way, when you put that Al was "icing their buns" I just laughed so hard that I hit my head of the wall. T^T It hurt... but overall great chapter. ^^

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

378 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 11, 2011
Last Updated on July 12, 2011

Out Came Love


Author

Emunah June.
Emunah June.

Inside My Own Mind, Amestris



About
Shalom Alechiem! Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Emmy, and I've been on this site for a long, long time. There was an admitted period of absence, and for that I apologize, but I am back no.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..