Chapter 9: Wedding

Chapter 9: Wedding

A Chapter by Frankie Nguyen
"

I dreamed of a wedding of elaborate elegance, a church filled with family and friends. I asked him what kind of a wedding he wished for, he said one that would make me his wife.

"
     “Calm down Ophelia” Amy said putting Ophelia’s veil on her head. I watched as the veil was placed on my head, my nerves were running like crazy. “This is nerve racking Amy. I’m getting married!” I said sitting down in a nearby chair. I couldn’t believe I was about to get married. Logan and I had talked about this. We had wanted to get married before we had to leave for school. Now we were about to become Mr and Mrs. Logan Fleming. It was crazy. I was extremely nervous but, yet so very excited. “Yeah I know but, remember you love him.” Amy said patting me on the shoulder. “And you look beautiful.” she smiled and hugged me. I hadn’t really thought about how I looked. I had my hair pulled up with a veil and tiara around it. I was wearing a strapless wedding dress with a long train behind it. It was sequenced beautifully. My makeup was done naturally so I didn’t look like a mannequin. I was beautiful. I smiled and got up to hug Amy. “I’m getting married I can’t believe.” I started to cry a little and Amy started to freak out. “No No! Don’t cry you’ll ruin your make up!” Amy yelled and pushed me down in my chair and got a tissue to dab at the tears. “Sorry.” I said with a light chuckle. “There is minimal makeup on my face anyway Amy so calm down.” I got up taking the tissue from her hand. I tossed it in a nearby trash can. I walked to the middle of the room as I heard the door open. I watched as my dad walked through the door. He had been crying. “Oh dad” I said and walked over to him wrapping my arms around him. “You grew up so fast.” he said to me hugging me back. He smiled up to me. “It’s time to go.” he said and taking my arm. I smiled to Amy as she walked out to her escort.
**
    “Dude calm down.” Brennan said. I was extremely nervous. I hadn’t seen Ophelia since the day before yesterday. My brother was my best man and it was getting closer to time for me to go into the sanctuary. I didn’t think I would be so nervous but, I guess surprises happen all the time. “I am calm.” I said trying to play it off. “Yeah that’s why you’re sweating. Whatever Logan.” he said handing me a handkerchief. I took it happily dabbing at my forehead. I handed it back to him and he tucked it back into his pocket. I didn’t know why I was nervous I really shouldn’t be. “I was nervous too you know. Every guy is. I mean really you’re about to marry the woman you love. What’s not to be nervous about. When everything you’ve ever wanted is walking down the isle to you. Out of everyone she could have picked she picked you. It is nerve racking but, I’ll tell you something. It’s the best feeling.” he put his hand on my shoulder and I took a big sigh. It helped a little to hear my brother encouraging words. A few minutes later the reverend came out telling me it was time for me to go inside. I smiled looking at my brother as Amy came out with a smile. “Let’s have a wedding.” she said with a smile. I chuckled and walked into the sanctuary.
**
    I stood with my father at the end of the line of people as the music started to play. When the music started to play it was like my heart stopped. I just told myself to keep breathing so I did. I just kept breathing. Deep breaths in and out until I could feel my heart beating again. I smiled as the doors opened and the maid of honor and the best man walked in first followed by the groomsmen and the bridesmaids. Soon everyone was gone and it was just me and my father. Soon the music started to play signaling me to begin my walk down the isle. Instead of feeling nervous as the music started I felt a sense of relief as the doors opened revealing everyone within. All eyes on me and my eyes on Logan.
**
    I swear my jaw dropped when I saw her. She was beautiful and I just couldn’t believe that this girl wanted to marry me. She had picked me to marry out of all the people in this world. Me. We’ve been through everything together. Ever since we were kids I knew I wanted to be with her forever and now I could. I just couldn’t believe how fast time flew. I could remember it like it was yesterday when I first asked her to be mine. I could remember every detail. Then the moment I saw Ophelia I seemed to forget everything for a moment. Everyone in the room seemed to just disappear and the only person I saw was her. My dear Ophelia walking down the isle. She was like an angel. Every hair was in place and the dress fit her perfectly. I just couldn’t believe it. I watched as she reached me and her father handed her off to me. I took her hand smiling. “You’re beautiful” I said softly. She smiled and squeezed my hand. “You’re not to bad yourself.” I heard her say and I chuckled. We turned to the reverend smiling. “Shall we begin?” he asked. Ophelia and I looked at each other then back to the reverend. “Yes,” we said together. “Let’s start.”
**
    "We are gathered together on this beautiful afternoon to share with Ophelia and Logan as they exchange vows of their everlasting love.” the reverend said beginning the ceremony.  “As Ophelia and Logan take their vows today, we are privileged to witness the joyous love of a new family -- a family that will be nourished and nurtured through the devotion of two separate individuals growing together through the common bonds of love. May their marriage bring them the peace, joy, comfort and contentment that is known in the hearts of all God's children. And may Logan and Ophelia both look forward to each new season of their marriage --- just as the world looks forward to each new season of the year. For all seasons bring with them their own special moments and memories.” I glanced over at Logan and smiled. He looked so calm. My eyes returned to the reverend. “ An essential requirement of a good marriage is a strong bond of real friendship and trust. Ophelia and Logan, your love for each other will grow deeper with every passing day, but it's important to remember that your love stands on a foundation of genuine, mutual affection and respect for each other. To truly love another person is to be willing to accept both their strong points, and their weak points, with equal measures of understanding and respect. The vows you are about to exchange, will serve as a verbal representation of the non-verbal emotions that are as real as any thing that can be seen, heard or touched.
For it is not the words that you will speak today that will bond you together as one --- but the strength of the love and commitment found deep within your souls.” I didn’t know that a reverend talked so much. It was horrible to actually be some what bored at your own wedding. I let out a small chuckle at the thought seeing Logan smile. “Let us say a prayer” he said as everyone bowed their heads. “Dear heavenly father...” he began. After he finished praying he looked up to us. “At this time, I’ll ask you, Logan, and you, Ophelia, to face each other & take each other’s hands.” We smiled turning to each other and gladly taking each others hands. “ Logan, will you take Ophelia to be your wife, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish her friendship and love her today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor her, laugh with her and cry with her? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?” Logan smiled squeezing my hands. “I definitely do.” I giggled smiling at him. “Ophelia, will you take Logan to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?” I looked to Logan with a sparkle in my eyes “Without a doubt. I do.” I smiled at him. The reverend paused and smiled. “Well then. You may kiss the bride.” I watched as Logan smiled the biggest smile I’d seen in a long time. He leaned down kissing me lightly and just like that we were married.


© 2011 Frankie Nguyen


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

418 Views
Added on February 23, 2011
Last Updated on February 23, 2011