Are You The One For Me? (10)

Are You The One For Me? (10)

A Chapter by iiLov3Yuhhii
"

He came up to me when I was walking in the hallways with Mahruk. "Hey, Callista, can I talk to you for a second?" he asked me.

"
Eric asked me out and I said yes, because at that time I was only thinking about how I felt for him, I wasn't thinking about the consequences. Like the fact that I'll be seeing Dylan more and more often. Well, I thought that would be a problem, until my it was cleared by Dylan himself actually. He came up to me when I was walking in the hallways with Mahruk.

"Hey, Callista, can I talk to you for a second?" he asked me.

I turned my head towards Mahruk.

"You have exactly sixty seconds, no more than that." she replied.

After Mahruk walked the other way, Dylan began speaking.

"Look Callista, I know how you feel - or felt about me," he started. I was a little surprised, I mean, Dylan has never said one word to me, and I've known him for three and a half years. "And now that you're Eric's...girlfriend, I guess we'll be seeing each other a lot. So, what I'm trying to say is that you don't have to feel uncomfortable around me or anything. Alright?"

I gaped at him. I didn't know what to say after that, so I just nodded my head.

"So, I'll see you later?"

"Y-yeah." I finally managed to say.

Dylan smiled at me -- for like the first time ever -- and then turned and walked away. I remained standing there, trying to process everything that just happened in my head. Mahruk pounced on me and sent me back to reality.

"So, what happened? What'd he say?" she asked eagerly.

"I don't even know, it was all so weird." I replied.

I began explaining to her what exactly Dylan had said to me, but stopped when I saw Eric approaching us. He grabbed my hand and pulled me in for a sweet kiss.

"Hey, sweetie." he said.

"Hi." I replied, shyly.

"Can I have the pleasure of walking you down to lunch?"

I looked at Mahruk, but she was already gone, so I nodded my head. Eric held my hand all the way there and I soon departed to my table, but it wasn't long before he came over there.

"Hey, um, Callista, do you wanna sit with me today at my table?" he asked me.

"Uh..." I looked to Mahruk to see if she was ok with it or not.

"Go, I'll see you in class." she told me.

"Thanks, Mahruk." I smiled, giving her a little hug.

Eric took my hand and took me across to his table. I kept my head down as I passed Dylan though, I guess I still wasn't used to it as of yet. Eric sat me down next to him and I stayed there, practically clutching his hand. I don't know why but I felt weird and nervous around his friends, who wouldn't take their eyes off of me. I don't know who I felt weirder with, Dylan or his friends.

When Eric left me to get lunch, I was stuck all alone at the table. But, not for long, because the first person to come back was Dylan. I stared down at my feet as he ate. I noticed that his eyes would sometime drift over to me, but I did my best not to look his way. When Eric came back, I looked up and at him.

"Here, eat something." he said, offering his tray to me.

"No, it's ok." I protested.

Eric smiled softly, then took his fork and fed me some corn. I ate it and found my eyes locked on his. I blushed deeply and saw Eric's smile widen.

"You're cute when you blush."

That only made me redder though. I bet Eric and I could've remained staring at each other for the entire period, if one of his friends hadn't coughed and ruined the perfect moment.

DYLAN'S POV:

"You know what's weird?" Dave said.

We were at lunch right now and Callista was sitting with us today, I could tell she was nervous, but a little better than before since I had that talk with her. I thought that talking to her would help me get rid of the problem, but it seemed to have made no affect at all on it.

"What?" I asked, not really that interested.

"You know how Callista liked you last year and now she's with Eric, doesn't it like make you feel weird or jealous or anything?"

It was as if he had just read my mind, except I didn't feel envious, just weird, which are clearly two different things.

"No, I don't. Should I?"

I could feel Callista's eyes on me, but not Eric's.

"No, I mean, I'm just sayin' if you did, then it would've been some messed up love triangle, don't you think?" Dave continued.

Callista looked down, then at Eric, I could see fear in her eyes. I looked at Eric too and noticed that he had both hands clenched in fists and his eyes were closed. I've seen Eric in a fight before and I don't want to see him like that again.

"Dave-" I started, but was cut off by Eric.

He got up and took Callista with him back to her table. I could tell he was mad, but didn't want to start anything in front of Callista. I don't know what's up with Dave or why he would start something like this up right now, but I really hope it doesn't happen again.


© 2011 iiLov3Yuhhii


Author's Note

iiLov3Yuhhii
Heyy guyz, so this ch. waz a lil bit longer than what I usually write & I hope all u ppl liked it! XD
The next ch. will b up soon, but it'll b shorter.
<3 <3 <3

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
Added on July 18, 2011
Last Updated on July 18, 2011


Author

iiLov3Yuhhii
iiLov3Yuhhii

Staten Island, NY



About
Heyy, to whoever is reading my profile right now! Before you continue on, I would just like you to know something important about me and my stories. I am an amateur writer, which means I'm not a profe.. more..

Writing