Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Jennika has a short attention span :P

I raced down the corridor of the underground hideout that we've been able to live in for two months without detection. My shoulder length black hair flowed behind me as I ran to the patient's ward. I swerved to the left and entered the second door on the right.

"How could you be so stupid?" I yelled at both Robert and the girl who I suspected was his trainee.

"I'm sorry, but I'm still alive" he said.

"Get out" I told the blonde chick, who was now at the top of my hitlist.

"Don't, it wasn't her fault"

She looked into my cold brown eyes and slipped out the door.

"I thought I told you not to get attatched" I growled at him.

Silvia stormed in just as mad as me, "What the he-"

"I already yelled at him" I cut her off. She fixed him with a brown eyed glare. The three of us all share brown eyes opposed to our parents' green. Robert, a year younger than Silvia and I, had dark brown hair. Silvia had black hair like me except she let hers grow to the small of her back.

"I can't believe you were so stupid" she said pacing in the confined space.

"I already said I'm sorry" he said pain etched into his features.

"I'm contemplating leaving that bullet in you just to teach you a lesson" I said with venom.

He looked fearful. Good, I thought, maybe next time he'll listen.

"I learned my lesson, I promise. I understand that I can't have a relationship right now, and I'll distant myself from Nicole" he pleaded. I raised an eyebrow. "I mean trainee"

I hated to see him like this, but I needed him to know the full weight of what he had done. Drake played with his emotions.

After I started gathering recruits, I began drilling my brother and sister to have mentor only relationships with the recruits. Drake's older brother, Darren, had killed my parents when I was nine because they tried to protect us instead of killing him on the spot. When he slit my mother's throat, I shoved Sil and Rob into the vent and grabbed my parent's swords from over the mantle. I know, hard picturing a nine year old holding a heavy sword, but we've been trained at the once standing school since I was two. When he stabbed my father, I stabbed him in the back and chopped that son of a biscuit eater's head off. I didn't cry, instead I dragged Dad's body over to my mom's and retrieved my shell shocked siblings. That was the first tiime the Maloy's tried to kill us.

I grabbed the sharpest pair of tweezers and dug it through the hole that penetrated Robert's left shoulder. He gripped the cot sheets and Silvia's hand. I pulled the bullet which caused Robert to cry out in pain.

"Good, now you'll learn to duck" I growled. It hurt to watch him get shot. It wasn't Drake who shot him, but it doesn't matter, it only makes me wanna kill him that much more. I grabbed the liquid stitches; they always come in handy, especially when Drake suprised us.

"You're not disappointed in me, are you?" Robert asked.

"Kind of" I bit my lip, "But you're sixteen, annoying, and rebellious which is not a good mix" We laughed, "You know, you two are the only two I'd ever risk my life to save" I said sitting down beside Silvia and Rob.

"Yes, you've told us a million times" Rob said.

"At least you listened to that" Silvia muttered bitterly.

"I know, I'm sorry. I'll get better, I swear"

"I hope so because we need more recruits" I sighed.

He lit up, "I'll help you in any way I can"

"I need you to hack into the abandoned hospital cameras. I hear teens are using it as a hang out spot"

"And the cameras still work?"

"That's what I want to know"

"On it" he said getting up.

An hour later, Robert handed me a packet of papers. I scanned his eight page report. "It's basically how many people frequently go there, how frequently, and the times. Oh, and I even drew up the basic structure of the place; It looks to be at least five stories with plenty of ventilation systems to crawl through" he said full of pride.

I flipped to the time page and smiled. I glanced at my watch, "Get my equipment ready, they'll be getting there soon"

He gave me a look, "Are you going alone?"

"No, I'll get two of my best trainees to go with me"

"Why not Silvia and me?"

"In case Drake shows up. If you two are there he'll know we're close, but if I have different people, he'll suspect you two are doing the same in different locations" He looked doubtful but walked off anyways.



© 2011 Jennika has a short attention span :P


Author's Note

Jennika has a short attention span :P
Hope ya'll like this story. I think I'm gonna upload the seven chapters that I have already saved. Enjoy! Review?(:

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I liked how this started to. I really loved the fighting scene..omg. I feel bad for them because they witnessed their parents death at such a young age. I can't wait to read on.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Love the cold killing and actions of these characters, how the slitting of mothers throat is just another job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I agree with daydreamer I liked how this started with action.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like how it started off with action and can't wait to see what happens next! ^^

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 4, 2011
Last Updated on May 4, 2011


Author

Jennika has a short attention span :P
Jennika has a short attention span :P

Boringsville, AR



About
Blah blah blah. :P I am no one but MYSELF. var wp_user="Jennika";var wp_size=1; Facebook page!(: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1219060186#!/pages/The-Nerd-Herd-D/112234605461716 M.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


First First

A Poem by Desmund Tiny