Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Jennika has a short attention span :P

Chapter 8

"So we meet again" Drake said once he spotted me. "Do you have my sword?"

"Of course, I didn't think you'd give up without a trade"

"Lay it down at your feet, and I'll walk over there" He layed my sword in front of his feet and returned to his standing position. I slowly walked and mentally prepared myself for the attack I knew he was dying to do.

I stopped in front of him and gradually held out the swords as I bent down and grabbed mine. "That was easy" I breathed.

"I kind of wish that my parent's didn't hate us"

"Us?"

"You for outranking me and me for not outranking you"

"So, you are your parents?"

"I've been fighting with you all these years, what's one more fight? Besides, we both know you're going to win"

"Actually you are"

He shot me a double take, "What?"

"I'm tired of this, and I deserve to die"

"If anyone deserves to die, it's me"

"I killed my best friend"

"Only because you were in danger of being killed"

"I'm always in danger of being killed"

"Because of me"

"No, well yeah, but either you kill me or I'll do it myself"

"I've been waiting for you to kill me!"

"And why is that?"

"Do you know how depressing it is when your parents talk about how you're a failure, how I could've been like them, hearing them ask themselves 'what did we do wrong,' blaming me for my brother's death, and when they say, 'She'd be a better daughter than you'."

"I...no I don't"

"You see? I'm living a wasted life, I can't kill myself because I'd look weak, and you can't kill me because I'm good enough to put up a good fight"

"You would've been better if you paid attention, and if you didn't burn the school down"

"I didn't do it on purpose!"

"But everyone-"

"I was making a bomb to throw at the dummies like Sensai taught us, but I got distracted"

I sat down, "Distracted by what?"

"Nothing"

"O-kay, then why did you hate me back then, ranks didn't count"

"I didn't"

"Then why-"

"To get your attention. You and Silvia were the only girls in the school, and you were really cool so I threw a nun chuck at you to tell you to come fight with me," he chuckled as he sat down beside me, "You did fight with me and boy did I regret it. Then you called me a stupid boy and said you hated me. I was crushed, you were cooler than my older brother and you didn't want to be friends. When we got older, I still messed with you, I mean hey if we're enemies I still get to see you and mess with you like an evil best friend"

"All this time, but why did your-"

"He was mad that mom and dad was harder on me than him, and he was really mad that two girls and a pip squeak outranked me so he took it out on your parents"

"That only made me push harder-"

"And when you killed my only sibling that made me mad, but I realized that if you did that to my parents, I'd kill you in a heartbeat"

"All of this because you wanted to be friends"

"Yeah, life sucks"

"And then you die"

"Do you think-"

"No, I want my death to be special"

"No, I mean start over"

"Oh, that might be worse than dying"

"Why?"

"Your parents"

"I can send one of my guys to my parents telling them that I died from some gas that I triggered and killed you too, then we could merge our teams and kick butt"

"Wait, you really think this could work?"

"Yeah, and we can teach each other skills for the future"

"How do I know you aren't making this up?"

He held up his pinky finger.

"That didn't work eight years ago, and it doesn't work now"

"Remember the distraction I talked about?"

"Yeah"

"It was you. I didn't know what it was like to like a girl because my parents never told me and you and Silvia were the only ones I'd ever seen other than my mom"

"Then why me? Why not Silvia?"

"Like I said, you were cool, and you were the baddest in the school"

I shook my head, "No, you're lying, we hate each other"

"If I really hated you, would I do this?" He leaned closer and kissed me. He was kissing me, what the crap? But it feels kind of good. Can it, he's probably restealing my sword right now. I moved my hands behind his neck and his went around my waist.

Wrong way! Move to your side, grabe the effing sword and stab that mother trucker. Ugh, hands are useless.

We parted and I looked beside me.

The sword's safe and sound.

Shut up.

You're paranoid.

You're stupid.

You just called yourself stupid.

Shut up!

"Wow" he said.

"Wow is right" Ryan said. The tone of his voice made me jump like I was doing something wrong. "So this is how you take care of him? That's a new one, and I bet he's the reason why you don't like me like I like you"

I started to defend myself but I thought better of it, I mean why should I care what he thinks? "You know what they say about assuming"

"I'm not assuming, I saw everything"

"Why are you even here?"

"I was checking up on you"

"How did you know where I'd be?"

"I snuck into your room"

I shot up from the ground and Drake's arms, "You snuck into my room?"

"Yeah, you weren't in there so I spied around"

"Guess what?"

"It better be good"

"Drake's team will be merging with ours, so you better make room"

That look on his face was so worth the decision I made.



© 2011 Jennika has a short attention span :P


Author's Note

Jennika has a short attention span :P
Dun, dun, DUN!!!!! >:D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ouch, poor old Ryan!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I knew that was coming with Drake..... But it was awesome.... Poor Poor Ryan :( And Poor Poor Drake..

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 24, 2011
Last Updated on May 24, 2011


Author

Jennika has a short attention span :P
Jennika has a short attention span :P

Boringsville, AR



About
Blah blah blah. :P I am no one but MYSELF. var wp_user="Jennika";var wp_size=1; Facebook page!(: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1219060186#!/pages/The-Nerd-Herd-D/112234605461716 M.. more..

Writing