Chapter Eleven

Chapter Eleven

A Chapter by Jennika has a short attention span :P

"Guys, I'm only going to say this once. We're not going to fight against each other. What if there are other potential threats out there that want to harm us? We need Drake's recruits. This is like a blessing in disguise" I preached on the kitchen counter where the food was served. Oh well.

I saw heads nod in agreement and some whispered conversations and lots of pointing. This is a good sign. Well, I hope it is. Be optimistic and maybe they'll see reason.

"But he's also the reason why so many of our perfectly good recruits are now dead" Ryan said standing up on the counter facing me defiantly.

"How many of you guys have or had really pushy parents?" I asked as I raised my own hand.

"What? I thought you're parents were the best ever?" Ryan said.

"Yeah, they were good parents and some of the best recruits ever to live, but they also had a tendency to make us do what they wanted with no ifs ands or buts"

"He has a point. I don't like sharing an underground hide-away with someone who had me knocking at death's door" Michael said.

"No offense Mike, but if Drake were the one about to kill you, you wouldn't be here to tell us about it. And honestly, if he wanted to kill you cowards, he'd have already done so. It's been four days. That's three nights he has slept in the same room as me and look, no scratch"

"Siding with the enemy? What happened to the BA Skylar who wanted to kill Drake, no hesitation? Huh?" Ryan said.

"She happens to have a heart, despite all the ice queen remarks there seem to be about me"

"Wow, that's amazing. She can find it in her tiny heart to have compassion for someone who freakin' killed her best friend!" he yelled in my face.

"I may have recruited you, but that does not mean I'll keep you around here just so you can throw insults at me"

"Oh, so now you're gonna use your big dog status to kick me out?"

"I have the authority to, so yeah, I guess so"

"Authority, more like babysitting"

"Remind me again, who's the first ranking assassin?"

"You are" he mumbled.

"Who built this organization at a young age and took care of two children?"

"Hey" Robert whined.

"You're only older by two minutes. I'm not a child" Silvia humphed.

"You did"

"Authority is not babysitting. Having to make sure you don't cause World War 3 is. Get out of my sight, I never want to see your face again. If you so much as step out of line you're out of here, are we clear?"

"Yes ma'am" he sneered.



© 2011 Jennika has a short attention span :P


Author's Note

Jennika has a short attention span :P
It's short, I know! D:
4 chapters left! :D
I completely re-wrote this chapter when I realized how utterly horrendous my first copy was O.O

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Only four! NOOO! Well hopefully it ends with a BANG.

Posted 12 Years Ago


And horrendous? Big word Jen!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


:( Only four chapters left? Oh wait, I kno how it ends!!! That's if you dont change it and please dont! I like the ending!!!Anyways (I dont want to give the ending away so Ill shut up bout it ;]) Great chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

177 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 6, 2011
Last Updated on July 6, 2011


Author

Jennika has a short attention span :P
Jennika has a short attention span :P

Boringsville, AR



About
Blah blah blah. :P I am no one but MYSELF. var wp_user="Jennika";var wp_size=1; Facebook page!(: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1219060186#!/pages/The-Nerd-Herd-D/112234605461716 M.. more..

Writing